|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Chapter 119.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 85, the General expresses to Ulrich his disappointment in what?
(a) Diotima's affection for Arnheim.
(b) The recent lack of advancement in his career.
(c) Ulrich's choice of a wife.
(d) Ulrich's close association with the Count.
2. Who visits Diotima in Chapter 75?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A general.
(d) A politician.
3. According to the information given in Chapter 96, what creates a calm temperament?
(a) Two different tendencies, which peacefully coexist.
(b) One tendency, which is peaceful because it has no competition.
(c) One tendency, which is peaceful because it doesn't know anything else.
(d) Two different tendencies, which are constantly battling but are evenly matched.
4. Arnheim is convinced in Chapter 112 that Ulrich is doing what?
(a) Speaking poorly of Arnheim to others, including Diotima.
(b) Trying to sabotage Arnheim's business ventures.
(c) Using Arnheim as a means to garner favor with Count Leinsdorf.
(d) Trying to push Arnheim away from Diotima, so that he can be with her.
5. What question regarding businessmen does Arnheim explore in Chapter 96?
(a) What effect their careers have on their family lives.
(b) What businesses are the most profitable.
(c) What makes them successful.
(d) Where most businessmen choose to reside, and why.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the information presented in Chapter 92, what does money do?
2. How does Diotima feel about adultery in Chapter 94?
3. What artistic movement was often criticized by Diotima's group?
4. What concept does Arnheim ponder in Chapter 106?
5. What is General Stumm's reason for recommending a certain author to Ulrich in Chapter 100?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)