|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Chapter 119.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ended Ulrich and Bonadea's affair?
(c) Bonadea's husband.
(d) Ulrich's wife.
2. With whom does Soliman fall in love in Chapter 79?
3. What relationship is mentioned by the author in Chapter 96?
(a) The relationship between science and emotion.
(b) The relationship between jealousy and insecurity.
(c) The relationship between science and the Church.
(d) The relationship between church and state.
4. What changes about Rachel as a result of her relationship with Soliman in Chapter 104?
(a) She starts saving money to run away.
(b) She begins to be insubordinate and talks back to her master.
(c) She is no longer happy living the life of a slave.
(d) She becomes sneaky and snoopish.
5. Why does Soliman have extra money in Chapter 104?
(a) He got a raise.
(b) He is stealing from his employer.
(c) He sold a personal possession.
(d) He has been saving up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the General promoted to staff officer?
2. How does the author describe Clarisse?
3. What is Rachel's main concern at the end of Chapter 117?
4. According to the author in Chapter 85, how does Nature create unity?
5. The author claims that the General suffered from becoming repeatedly infatuated with what types of women?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)