|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Chapter 119.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Rachel and Soliman find it difficult to be together in Chapter 117?
(a) Their master and mistress, whether intentionally or not, keep interfering with their plans.
(b) There is no place for them to rendezvous without being caught.
(c) They are not allowed to leave their respective homes.
(d) They both have too much work to do, and can't find time to be alone.
2. What is the collective title for Arnheim and Diotima's activities?
(a) The Collateral Campaign.
(b) The Creative Coalition.
(c) The Aristocratic Collective.
(d) The Coalition of Concerned Intellectuals.
3. According to the author in Chapter 112, at what point does a great man cease to be great?
(a) When no one takes any notice of him.
(b) When he does something to forever tarnish his reputation.
(c) When he loses all of his money.
(d) When he is publicly criticized.
4. The people wish that there were a living generation to experience what, according to Chapter 108?
(a) A society where there was no one extremely poor or extremely rich.
(b) A world without war.
(c) A classless society.
(d) The presence of the Messiah.
5. For whom does Soliman work?
(a) General Stumm.
(d) The Tuzzis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What approach does the individual funding the project in Chapter 84 choose not to employ?
2. Why does Gerda decide to tell the person she tells in Chapter 119?
3. What point of view does the author use in Chapter 119 to relate the thoughts and feelings of Ulrich and Gerda?
4. What does Arnheim do for the first time in Chapter 116?
5. How does the author describe Clarisse?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)