|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Chapters 116 - 119.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gerda meet Hans Sepp?
(a) He was the brother of one of her good friends.
(b) He was an officer in the military, and she met him at a military function.
(c) He was a tutor hired by Gerda's father.
(d) He was one of Gerda's father's employees.
2. How is the Collateral Campaign viewed as of Chapter 116?
(a) As an aristocratic hobby.
(b) As a diversion for Diotima.
(c) As a place to make business connections.
(d) As having great political significance.
3. What is General Stumm's reason for recommending a certain author to Ulrich in Chapter 100?
(a) Many intellectuals with whom Stumm associated had read this author, and Ulrich needed to be able to discuss his works with them.
(b) The author was a relative of General Stumm's, and he was trying to drum up business for him.
(c) The author explored the limitations of intellect and perception, something which Ulrich is interested in exploring.
(d) The author's point of view was very different from Ulrich's, and General Stumm wanted him to consider the opposing viewpoint.
4. What does Arnheim end up doing in Chapter 86?
(a) He takes the General aside and talks to him about his infatuation with Diotima.
(b) He decides not to involve himself in Diotima's relationship with the General.
(c) Arranging to remain as Diotima's guest for an even longer period.
(d) He decides to take a step back and maintain only a casual acquaintance with Diotima.
5. What is the relationship between Ulrich and Diotima?
(a) He is her brother-in-law.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) She is his aunt.
(d) They are cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 85, the General expresses to Ulrich his disappointment in what?
2. What approach does the individual funding the project in Chapter 84 choose not to employ?
3. According to the author, what would have been the best course of action for Arnheim in Chapter 86?
4. Who is giving a speech in Chapter 116?
5. Why do Rachel and Soliman find it difficult to be together in Chapter 117?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)