|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Chapters 116 - 119.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ulrich doing in Chapter 84 as part of his service to the Count?
(a) Caring for the Count's garden.
(b) Tending to the Count's stables.
(c) Cleaning the Count's house.
(d) Sorting a pile of mail.
2. How did Gerda meet Hans Sepp?
(a) He was a tutor hired by Gerda's father.
(b) He was the brother of one of her good friends.
(c) He was an officer in the military, and she met him at a military function.
(d) He was one of Gerda's father's employees.
3. What is the General's response to Ulrich's assertion that he values intellect too highly in Chapter 85?
(a) He has found too much anti-intellectualism in the soldiers' mess halls over the years.
(b) He doesn't value intellect more than anyone else, but he appreciates it more.
(c) He is accustomed to being around intellectuals, so stupid people bore him.
(d) He values intellect only when it is combined with other virtues.
4. Of what offense does Diotima accuse Ulrich in Chapter 101?
(a) Trying to steal one of her best friends.
(b) Trying to undermine Arnheim.
(c) Trying to pry into her personal affairs.
(d) Trying to manipulate her.
5. Where does General Stumm take Ulrich, in Chapter 100?
(a) To a banquet held in the General's honor.
(b) To the State Library.
(c) To his uncle's grave.
(d) To his family home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Collateral Campaign viewed as of Chapter 116?
2. One of the Count's acquaintances is mentioned in Chapter 84 as supporting what type of establishment?
3. What surfaces during a heated argument between Walter and Clarisse in Chapter 118?
4. What does Ulrich notice about his own behavior in Chapter 103?
5. What approach does the individual funding the project in Chapter 84 choose not to employ?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)