Chapter 1, Chapters 73 - 75
1. How old is Gerda?
2. Who are Gerda's parents?
(a) Ulrich and Klementine.
(b) Hans and Diotima.
(c) Ulrich and Diotima.
(d) Leo and Klementine.
3. To whom is Gerda engaged?
4. What do Ulrich and Klementine discuss in Chapter 73?
(a) Ulrich's love for Gerda.
(b) Leo's hopes for a promotion.
(c) The upcoming war.
5. What is Klementine's reaction to the topic Ulrich introduces in Chapter 73?
(a) She dislikes it but doesn't get particularly worked up about it.
(b) She is anxiously hoping it will come to pass.
(c) She doesn't know how she feels about it.
(d) She is too timid to express an opinion.
6. What is Leo's reaction to the topic Ulrich introduces in Chapter 73?
(a) He dislikes it but doesn't get worked up about it.
(b) He doesn't express an opinion either way.
(c) He is undecided.
(d) He passionately opposes it.
7. What question does Ulrich ask regarding Gerda's upcoming marriage in Chapter 73?
(a) Why she is getting married so young.
(b) Whether her fiance has much of a future.
(c) What she hopes to gain from her union.
(d) Whether they think she will be happy.
This section contains 6,392 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)