Chapter 1, Chapters 73 - 75
• Gerda is the 23-year-old daughter of Leo and Klementine Fischel. She is engaged to be married to Hans Sepp. She doesn't always heed the advice of her elders.
• Ulrich meets with Klementine and Leo. They discuss anti-Semitism. Klementine dislikes it, but is not passionate about the issue. Leo, however, is adamant and outspoken in his opposition.
• Ulrich asks Leo and Klementine matter-of-factly if they feel that Gerda's fiance has much of a future.
• Ulrich and Gerda never fell in love, but their platonic relationship is so close that at times they seem like a couple who have fallen out of love, rather than just close friends.
• Arnheim is reintroduced.
• The author uses the Moon's orbit around the Earth to exemplify the power of natural forces.
• General Stumm visits with Diotima and finds her to be intelligent, charming, polite, and attractive.
• The relative nature of...
This section contains 3,354 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)