Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Book I, Chapters 1-9
1. What problem revolves around Yukiko according to Book I, Chapter 1?
2. Who is Mrs. Itani according to Chapter 2?
3. What causes tension in Chapter 6?
4. What part of Etsuko's composition does Yukiko cross out in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Question - Book I, Chapters 10-16
5. What is a "miai" dinner as described in Chapters 10 and 11?
6. Who overshadows Yukiko?
7. What measures does Teinosuke go to to assure Segoshi of Yukiko's health...
This section contains 728 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)