1. How many sisters form the Makioka family according to Book I, Chapters 1-9?
2. What declines during the 1930s?
The Makioka fortune.
3. Who is the oldest sister?
4. Where is the main house of the Makioka family?
5. Who took over the Makioka family business at the death of the patriarch?
6. What does the man who took over the family business do in order to insure the continuity of the business?
Takes the name Makioka.
7. How old is Yukiko?
8. How old is Taeko?
9. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
10. Who did the newspaper report as trying to elope?
11. Who is Mrs. Itani?
The family hairdresser.
This section contains 4,097 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)