1. How many sisters form the Makioka family according to Book I, Chapters 1-9?
2. What declines during the 1930s?
(a) The Japanese influence.
(b) The Japanese economy.
(c) The Makioka fortune.
(d) The Makioka's influence on the Emperor.
3. Who is the oldest sister?
4. Where is the main house of the Makioka family?
5. Who took over the Makioka family business at the death of the patriarch?
6. What does the man who took over the family business do in order to insure the continuity of the business?
(a) Marries Itsuko.
(b) Takes the name Makioka.
(c) Buys the business.
(d) Sells shares to family members.
7. How old is Yukiko?
8. How old is Taeko?
9. How old was Taeko when she tried to elope?
10. Who did the newspaper report as trying to elope?
11. Who is Mrs. Itani?
(a) The family maid.
(b) The family card reader.
(c) The family Seemstress.
(d) The family hairdresser.
This section contains 4,097 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)