Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. Discuss the significance of the setting of the novel "The Makoika Sisters".
2. Choose two sisters and discuss the relationship between them.
3. Discuss the significance of Japanese tradition in the novel and how it impacts the lives of the characters.
4. Discuss the role of social propriety and appearance based on the character of Yukiko.
5. Examine the relationship between Etsuko and Yukiko and how this role changes throughout the course of the novel.
6. Analyze the development of conflict between the main house and the sisters.
7. Discuss the...
This section contains 342 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)