|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Flamel and the group go after the fight?
(a) To the rear of the Louvre.
(b) To the Arc.
(c) Towards the Eiffel Tower.
(d) To their motel room.
2. How many pages are missing from Dee's copy of the book that mentions the twins?
3. How does Sophie know Machiavelli is near?
(a) She senses his thoughts.
(b) She hears his distinct voice.
(c) She can smell his magic.
(d) She saw him.
4. What does Flamel ask Saint-Germain to do?
(a) Take Josh to Saint-Germain's house.
(b) Take Sophie and Scathach to Saint-Germain's house.
(c) Attack Machiavelli.
(d) Create a distraction.
5. Where is John Dee as Machiavelli is watching St. Germain's house?
(a) In London about to get on a boat.
(b) On a flight to Paris.
(c) In San Francisco.
(d) In the catacombs under Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time is left for Nicholas and Perenelle to live?
2. What guards Vetala's room?
3. Where is the closet where Josh is located?
4. How do Josh and Sophie escape?
5. When does Perenelle leave her cell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Josh raise an alarm?
2. What else does Perenelle discover in the cells of Alcatraz and what is following her?
3. What does Sophie create to allow the group to escape?
4. What happens when Josh stabs the Nidhogg in the tongue and what does the Nidhogg do as a result?
5. What does the opening of the novel tell the reader?
6. Why do Josh's doubts about Flamel resurface?
7. How does Morrigan try to undermine Perenelle's emotional well-being and what is Perenelle's response?
8. How does Sophie beat the Disir?
9. Describe what happens when Josh catches up with the Nidhogg.
10. To whom is Germain married and what does his wife have in common with Sophie?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)