|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sophie exhausted?
(a) From running half a marthon.
(b) From being ill.
(c) From using magic.
(d) From having trouble sleeping.
2. How much time is left for Nicholas and Perenelle to live?
(a) A few years.
(b) A few days.
(c) Only weeks.
(d) It is unknown, but it should be several decades.
3. Where is the closet where Josh is located?
(a) New York.
4. When does Perenelle leave her cell?
(a) She decides to stay in the cell until Billy the Kidd returns.
(b) When the sphinx is asleep.
(c) When the door is unlocked.
(d) After the sphinx has gone in search of the cause of the noise.
5. What does Flamel tell Sophie to do?
(a) Turn down her aura.
(b) Create fog.
(c) Throw a veil of invisibility over them.
(d) Create blinding light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Flamel take Scathach, Josh and Sophie?
2. What task is Machiavelli asked to accomplish?
3. What does Machiavelli do when he sees Flamel and the others escape into the crowds?
4. What does Scathach tell Sophie as they are walking?
5. What danger does Scathach mention to Sophie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Machiavelli agree to help John Dee?
2. Who has located Flamel's group at Sacre-Coeur and how has he done so?
3. Where does Flamel leave the others and why does he want to make a phone call?
4. How has Perenelle devised a way to escape imprisonment?
5. To whom is Germain married and what does his wife have in common with Sophie?
6. Where do Flamel and his companions find themselves after traveling a ley line?
7. Who interrupts Machiavelli at the auction and what does the person want?
8. What does the opening of the novel tell the reader?
9. What comes to life inside the church and how is it disposed of?
10. What does Sophie create to allow the group to escape?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)