|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sophie exhausted?
(a) From using magic.
(b) From having trouble sleeping.
(c) From being ill.
(d) From running half a marthon.
2. Where is the closet where Josh is located?
(d) New York.
3. Who collects Japanese Kabuki masks?
4. What does Flamel do in response to the orders of some officers?
(a) Puts his hands on his head.
(b) Lies on the ground.
(c) Nothing; Flamel is not being pursued just yet.
(d) Leans up against a car.
5. Who covers some men in transmuted sugar?
(c) St. Germain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is John Dee as Machiavelli is watching St. Germain's house?
2. Why is Flamel having trouble finding a safe place for them to hide?
3. What does Saint-Germain do in response to Flamel's request?
4. Where is Machiavelli at the opening of Chapter 1?
5. Why is Dee angry with Machiavelli?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scathach make Sophie promise and why does Scathach try to distract Sophie?
2. What does the opening of the novel tell the reader?
3. Where is Perenelle and what is her situation?
4. What is the significance of the Book of Abraham and who possesses the book?
5. Why is Niccolo Machiavelli at an auction?
6. Why does Flamel ask St. Germain to create a diversion and what does Germain do?
7. When does Perenelle leave her cell in Alcatraz and what does she discover once she is free?
8. What does Sophie create to allow the group to escape?
9. How does Flamel escape a group of police officers?
10. About what does Josh worry when they first see a man coming towards them, but what is the outcome?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)