|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flamel ask Saint-Germain to do?
(a) Create a distraction.
(b) Take Josh to Saint-Germain's house.
(c) Take Sophie and Scathach to Saint-Germain's house.
(d) Attack Machiavelli.
2. What does Flamel take from the wall of a building?
(b) A message from the Witch of Endor.
(c) A statue.
(d) Something he hid there hundreds of years ago.
3. What concerns Josh after they arrive at the Eiffel Tower?
(a) Flamel is acting strangely.
(b) Sophie and Scathach are not there.
(c) There are many police around the area.
(d) They see a man coming towards them.
4. What is the DGSE?
(a) A group dedicated to preserving certain ruins in Rome.
(b) A group dedicated to preserving certain ruins in Paris.
(c) The cover agency for British Intelligence.
(d) The French secret service.
5. What happens after all the candles in the building go out?
(a) There is a high-pitched whine.
(b) A wax monster comes alive.
(c) The roof begins to open up.
(d) A boom occurs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Josh's response to Flamel's actions concerning the police officer?
2. What did Scathach once do for St. Germain's wife?
3. Whom do both Machiavelli and John Dee serve?
4. What does Flamel use as an excuse to get the call made?
5. How does Sophie think of Scathach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flamel escape a group of police officers?
2. What does the opening of the novel tell the reader?
3. To whom is Germain married and what does his wife have in common with Sophie?
4. For what is Machiavelli searching his private files?
5. Where does Flamel find a way to contact the Witch of Endor and how does he explain his need to the proprietor?
6. Where does Flamel leave the others and why does he want to make a phone call?
7. What do Sophie and Scathach and Flamel and Josh talk about as they walk toward the Eiffel Tower?
8. What comes to life inside the church and how is it disposed of?
9. What does Sophie create to allow the group to escape?
10. About what does Josh worry when they first see a man coming towards them, but what is the outcome?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)