|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Flamel go in Paris?
(a) To the British embassy.
(b) To the American embassy.
(c) To a building where he once lived with Perenelle.
(d) To the airport.
2. In spite of what does Machiavelli order his men to continue searching for Flamel?
(a) The resistance of one man.
(b) The dark, moonless night.
(c) The illegality of the search.
(d) The fact that there are no clues as to where they went.
3. What happens after all the candles in the building go out?
(a) The roof begins to open up.
(b) There is a high-pitched whine.
(c) A wax monster comes alive.
(d) A boom occurs.
4. How does Sophie know Machiavelli is near?
(a) She hears his distinct voice.
(b) She saw him.
(c) She can smell his magic.
(d) She senses his thoughts.
5. What happens after the men are covered in sugar?
(a) They are unable to move.
(b) They are attacked by bees.
(c) Nothing; the men do not even realize their predicament.
(d) Ants attack them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sophie and St. Germain's wife have in common?
2. Whose memories does Sophie possess?
3. Who does Dagon tell Machiavelli are on the way?
4. What task is Machiavelli asked to accomplish?
5. Why is Sophie exhausted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Machiavelli agree to help John Dee?
2. What does the Witch of Endor tell Flamel?
3. What does the opening of the novel tell the reader?
4. Why does Flamel ask St. Germain to create a diversion and what does Germain do?
5. To whom is Germain married and what does his wife have in common with Sophie?
6. How do Joan of Arc and Scathach know each other?
7. Where is Perenelle and what is her situation?
8. Why is Dee angry with Machiavelli and what does Machiavelli have Dagon do?
9. When does Perenelle leave her cell in Alcatraz and what does she discover once she is free?
10. What does Scathach make Sophie promise and why does Scathach try to distract Sophie?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)