|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after all the candles in the building go out?
(a) There is a high-pitched whine.
(b) A boom occurs.
(c) The roof begins to open up.
(d) A wax monster comes alive.
2. In spite of what does Machiavelli order his men to continue searching for Flamel?
(a) The dark, moonless night.
(b) The illegality of the search.
(c) The fact that there are no clues as to where they went.
(d) The resistance of one man.
3. What does Flamel ask Saint-Germain to do?
(a) Take Josh to Saint-Germain's house.
(b) Create a distraction.
(c) Take Sophie and Scathach to Saint-Germain's house.
(d) Attack Machiavelli.
4. What does Flamel tell Sophie to do?
(a) Create fog.
(b) Turn down her aura.
(c) Throw a veil of invisibility over them.
(d) Create blinding light.
5. How many pages are missing from Dee's copy of the book that mentions the twins?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Flamel and the group go after the fight?
2. Why is Dee angry with Machiavelli?
3. What does Flamel do in response to the orders of some officers?
4. How does Sophie use her aura for fighting?
5. Whom do both Machiavelli and John Dee serve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who interrupts Machiavelli at the auction and what does the person want?
2. Where do Flamel and his companions find themselves after traveling a ley line?
3. How do Joan of Arc and Scathach know each other?
4. What does Sophie create to allow the group to escape?
5. What does the opening of the novel tell the reader?
6. When does Perenelle leave her cell in Alcatraz and what does she discover once she is free?
7. Why is Machiavelli angry when he sees Flamel's group and what does he do?
8. About what does Josh worry when they first see a man coming towards them, but what is the outcome?
9. What do Sophie and Scathach and Flamel and Josh talk about as they walk toward the Eiffel Tower?
10. What does Scathach make Sophie promise and why does Scathach try to distract Sophie?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)