|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Perenelle notice throughout Alcatraz?
(a) Symbols chalked on walls.
(b) Hives hanging from corners.
(c) Pictures painted on the walls.
(d) Spider webs.
2. What does Dee order Machiavelli to do?
(a) Wait and watch Flamel and the others until Dee arrives.
(b) Kill everyone except Josh and Sophie.
(c) Call their boss and ask for instructions.
(d) Obliterate St. Germain's home.
3. How does Flamel communicate his wish to Sophie?
(a) Sign language.
(c) Writing on a scrap of paper.
(d) Whispering to her.
4. Why can't Scathach make on impact on their attacker?
(a) She broke her arm.
(b) The soft wax absorbs the blows.
(c) She cannot see the attacker.
(d) She lost her sword.
5. Who collects Japanese Kabuki masks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Comte de Saint-Germain try to make Sophie and Josh believe?
2. Who covers some men in transmuted sugar?
3. Who does Machiavelli tell to contact the Disir?
4. How does Josh find himself in a closet?
5. How does Joan of Arc become immortal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Flamel and his companions find themselves after traveling a ley line?
2. What does the opening of the novel tell the reader?
3. How does Flamel escape a group of police officers?
4. About what does Josh worry when they first see a man coming towards them, but what is the outcome?
5. To whom is Germain married and what does his wife have in common with Sophie?
6. What is the significance of the Book of Abraham and who possesses the book?
7. Why does Machiavelli agree to help John Dee?
8. What does the Witch of Endor tell Flamel?
9. Why is Machiavelli angry when he sees Flamel's group and what does he do?
10. Why is Dee angry with Machiavelli and what does Machiavelli have Dagon do?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)