|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flamel tell Sophie to do?
(a) Throw a veil of invisibility over them.
(b) Create fog.
(c) Create blinding light.
(d) Turn down her aura.
2. How does Sophie use her aura for fighting?
(a) She uses it to boost Scathach's blows.
(b) She melts the wax monster with the heat of her aura.
(c) She uses it for light to see their attackers.
(d) She uses it for pulses of laser-like beams.
3. In spite of what does Machiavelli order his men to continue searching for Flamel?
(a) The dark, moonless night.
(b) The resistance of one man.
(c) The fact that there are no clues as to where they went.
(d) The illegality of the search.
4. What is Flamel told to do?
(a) He can't do anything as there are no immortals in London.
(b) Wait by the Eiffel Tower at the top of the hour for three hours.
(c) Go to a certain book store.
(d) Call Catherine de Medici.
5. What does Flamel use as an excuse to get the call made?
(a) He is writing about the destruction of the store.
(b) His mother is dying.
(c) His father is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flamel do when they are nearly attacked by a police officer?
2. Who does Machiavelli tell to contact the Disir?
3. What does Flamel want to learn by his phone call?
4. For whom does Machiavelli decide to search?
5. From whom have Nicholas and the twins escaped?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dee angry with Machiavelli and what does Machiavelli have Dagon do?
2. Why is Niccolo Machiavelli at an auction?
3. Why does Machiavelli agree to help John Dee?
4. Who does Dagon tell Machiavelli are on the way?
5. How has Perenelle devised a way to escape imprisonment?
6. What does the opening of the novel tell the reader?
7. About what does Josh worry when they first see a man coming towards them, but what is the outcome?
8. How do Josh and Sophie escape the diner and what does Josh suggest to Sophie that they do?
9. Who has located Flamel's group at Sacre-Coeur and how has he done so?
10. What comes to life inside the church and how is it disposed of?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)