|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Perenelle in Alcatraz?
(a) The sound of ghost voices.
(b) The sound of someone laughing.
(c) The sound of a monster screaming.
(d) The whisper of someone in another cell.
2. Why is Flamel having trouble finding a safe place for them to hide?
(a) He knows Machiavelli can follow Sophie's aura when she is tired.
(b) The hiding place has to have very specific characterizations.
(c) He has not been to London in a long time.
(d) He has not been to Paris in a long time.
3. Why is Sophie exhausted?
(a) From running half a marthon.
(b) From having trouble sleeping.
(c) From using magic.
(d) From being ill.
4. Whom does Flamel want to call?
(b) Compte de Saint-Germain.
(c) Dr. John Dee.
(d) Witch of Endor.
5. What is the Sacre-Coeur?
(a) A ruins outside of Rome.
(b) A church.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) An art museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Machiavelli think he'll be able to catch Flamel and the others?
2. What do Sophie and Josh learn about Germain's wife?
3. What is Machiavelli's position in the DGSE?
4. What does Scathach make Sophie promise?
5. Who confronts Scathach and the twins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Flamel and his companions find themselves after traveling a ley line?
2. What does Sophie create to allow the group to escape?
3. How do Joan of Arc and Scathach know each other?
4. What does the opening of the novel tell the reader?
5. What is the significance of the Book of Abraham and who possesses the book?
6. When does Perenelle leave her cell in Alcatraz and what does she discover once she is free?
7. Where is Perenelle and what is her situation?
8. Why is Niccolo Machiavelli at an auction?
9. About what does Josh worry when they first see a man coming towards them, but what is the outcome?
10. Why do Josh's doubts about Flamel resurface?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)