|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Machiavelli at the opening of Chapter 1?
(a) A rare book dealer.
(b) A friend's home in Paris.
(c) An auction.
(d) A market.
2. What happens after the men are covered in sugar?
(a) Ants attack them.
(b) They are unable to move.
(c) They are attacked by bees.
(d) Nothing; the men do not even realize their predicament.
3. What does Machiavelli rush towards in his car?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) The Sacre-Coeur.
(d) Notre Dame.
4. Who does Machiavelli tell to contact the Disir?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) No one; the Disir will find them.
5. Why is Flamel having trouble finding a safe place for them to hide?
(a) He has not been to London in a long time.
(b) He knows Machiavelli can follow Sophie's aura when she is tired.
(c) He has not been to Paris in a long time.
(d) The hiding place has to have very specific characterizations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scathach make Sophie promise?
2. What danger does Scathach mention to Sophie?
3. How does Machiavelli know of the intruders in the building where he is going?
4. Who confronts Scathach and the twins?
5. Josh confronts Flamel about ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Joan of Arc and Scathach know each other?
2. What does Scathach make Sophie promise and why does Scathach try to distract Sophie?
3. Why is Niccolo Machiavelli at an auction?
4. For what is Machiavelli searching his private files?
5. How has Perenelle devised a way to escape imprisonment?
6. To whom is Germain married and what does his wife have in common with Sophie?
7. Who interrupts Machiavelli at the auction and what does the person want?
8. Why do Josh's doubts about Flamel resurface?
9. Where is Perenelle and what is her situation?
10. Where does Flamel leave the others and why does he want to make a phone call?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)