|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do both Machiavelli and John Dee serve?
(a) The Young Gods.
(b) The Dark Elders.
(c) The Olympians.
(d) No one.
2. What wakes Perenelle in Alcatraz?
(a) The sound of ghost voices.
(b) The whisper of someone in another cell.
(c) The sound of someone laughing.
(d) The sound of a monster screaming.
3. Who does Machiavelli tell to contact the Disir?
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(d) No one; the Disir will find them.
4. Why doesn't Josh trust Flamel or Scathach?
(a) Because he has heard them lying.
(b) Because of things Dee told him.
(c) Because he overheard a conversation that raised suspicions.
(d) Josh trusts no one but Sophie.
5. What did Scathach once do for St. Germain's wife?
(a) Taught her magic.
(b) Gave her an amulet.
(c) Introduced her to St. Germain.
(d) Saved her life.
6. Who collects Japanese Kabuki masks?
7. What does Dee order Machiavelli to do?
(a) Wait and watch Flamel and the others until Dee arrives.
(b) Kill everyone except Josh and Sophie.
(c) Obliterate St. Germain's home.
(d) Call their boss and ask for instructions.
8. What guards Vetala's room?
(a) A spider web.
(b) A group of Belawogs.
(d) A laser beam.
9. How does Sophie think of Scathach?
(a) As a mother.
(b) As a wise crone.
(c) As an aunt.
(d) As a sister.
10. Who arrives at the bottom of the stairs just as Flamel opens the locked door?
(b) Dr. Dee.
(c) Mr. Watson.
(d) Machiavelli and a large police force.
11. How does Josh find himself in a closet?
(a) He is hiding.
(b) He was unconscious and awakens.
(c) He travels a ley line.
(d) He opens the wrong door on a dimension portal.
12. How do Josh and Sophie escape?
(a) Scathach fights to let them get away.
(b) Cafe owner protests the intrusion.
(c) Josh accidentally creates a smoke screen.
(d) Flamel arrives and sets up a fog.
13. What does Flamel do when they are nearly attacked by a police officer?
(a) Kills the officer.
(c) Incapacitates the officer.
(d) Asks for Sophie's help.
14. Who arrives at the Eiffel tower first?
(b) Sophie and Scathach.
(c) Josh and Flamel.
15. Where is John Dee as Machiavelli is watching St. Germain's house?
(a) In London about to get on a boat.
(b) On a flight to Paris.
(c) In San Francisco.
(d) In the catacombs under Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Machiavelli when he is in the middle of business?
2. Who is one person in the closet with Josh?
3. How many pages are missing from Dee's copy of the book that mentions the twins?
4. Where are Nicholas and the twins after escaping?
5. What does Flamel spot as they are talking to Saint-Germain?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)