|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flamel use as an excuse to get the call made?
(a) His father is dying.
(c) His mother is dying.
(d) He is writing about the destruction of the store.
2. What does Flamel take from the wall of a building?
(a) A statue.
(c) Something he hid there hundreds of years ago.
(d) A message from the Witch of Endor.
3. How does Sophie know Machiavelli is near?
(a) She hears his distinct voice.
(b) She saw him.
(c) She can smell his magic.
(d) She senses his thoughts.
4. What does Machiavelli do when he sees Flamel and the others escape into the crowds?
(a) He does not see them in the crowd.
(b) Gives up and calls Dee.
(c) Sends officers after them.
(d) Tries to contain them with his aura.
5. Who is Juan Manuel de Ayala?
(a) The explorer who first discovered Alcatraz Island.
(b) A soldier who is killed on Alcatraz Island.
(c) One of the men keeping Perenelle prisoner.
(d) A murderer who was imprisoned on Alcatraz a century ago.
6. What has happened to Perenelle's magic?
(b) The pentagram keeps it in check.
(c) She is in a magic-dampening cell.
(d) A sphinx has absorbed it.
7. What happens after the men are covered in sugar?
(a) Ants attack them.
(b) They are unable to move.
(c) They are attacked by bees.
(d) Nothing; the men do not even realize their predicament.
8. What does Perenelle notice throughout Alcatraz?
(a) Pictures painted on the walls.
(b) Hives hanging from corners.
(c) Symbols chalked on walls.
(d) Spider webs.
9. How does Flamel communicate his wish to Sophie?
(a) Sign language.
(c) Whispering to her.
(d) Writing on a scrap of paper.
10. What did Scathach once do for St. Germain's wife?
(a) Introduced her to St. Germain.
(b) Saved her life.
(c) Gave her an amulet.
(d) Taught her magic.
11. Who arrives at the bottom of the stairs just as Flamel opens the locked door?
(b) Dr. Dee.
(c) Mr. Watson.
(d) Machiavelli and a large police force.
12. Whom do both Machiavelli and John Dee serve?
(a) The Dark Elders.
(b) No one.
(c) The Olympians.
(d) The Young Gods.
13. What does Flamel spot as they are talking to Saint-Germain?
(a) A Disir.
(b) John Dee.
(c) Machiavelli and some police officers.
14. What is the DGSE?
(a) A group dedicated to preserving certain ruins in Rome.
(b) The French secret service.
(c) A group dedicated to preserving certain ruins in Paris.
(d) The cover agency for British Intelligence.
15. Whom does Flamel want to call?
(a) Compte de Saint-Germain.
(c) Dr. John Dee.
(d) Witch of Endor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Machiavelli rush towards in his car?
2. Why is Flamel having trouble finding a safe place for them to hide?
3. What does Flamel do in response to the orders of some officers?
4. What does Josh suggest they do to avoid detection?
5. Where does Flamel take Scathach, Josh and Sophie?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)