|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flamel ask Saint-Germain to do?
(a) Take Sophie and Scathach to Saint-Germain's house.
(b) Attack Machiavelli.
(c) Take Josh to Saint-Germain's house.
(d) Create a distraction.
2. What did Scathach once do for St. Germain's wife?
(a) Saved her life.
(b) Introduced her to St. Germain.
(c) Gave her an amulet.
(d) Taught her magic.
3. Why can't Scathach make on impact on their attacker?
(a) She broke her arm.
(b) The soft wax absorbs the blows.
(c) She cannot see the attacker.
(d) She lost her sword.
4. Where are Nicholas and the twins after escaping?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
5. From whom have Nicholas and the twins escaped?
(b) The FBI.
(c) The CIA.
(d) Dr. John Dee.
6. Whose journal is quoted at the opening of the novel?
(b) Nicholas Flamel.
(d) John Dee.
7. Who interrupts Machiavelli when he is in the middle of business?
(a) John Dee.
(c) His wife.
(d) Billy the Kidd.
8. What does Dee order Machiavelli to do?
(a) Wait and watch Flamel and the others until Dee arrives.
(b) Obliterate St. Germain's home.
(c) Kill everyone except Josh and Sophie.
(d) Call their boss and ask for instructions.
9. In what book are twins mentioned?
(a) The Book of Abraham.
(b) The Book of the Young Gods.
(c) The Book of Dreams.
(d) The Book of the Old Gods.
10. How does Sophie think of Scathach?
(a) As a wise crone.
(b) As a sister.
(c) As a mother.
(d) As an aunt.
11. What has happened to Perenelle's magic?
(a) She is in a magic-dampening cell.
(c) The pentagram keeps it in check.
(d) A sphinx has absorbed it.
12. Where is Machiavelli at the opening of Chapter 1?
(a) A rare book dealer.
(b) A friend's home in Paris.
(c) A market.
(d) An auction.
13. What smell is associated with what Sophie does?
14. Why is Sophie exhausted?
(a) From having trouble sleeping.
(b) From running half a marthon.
(c) From being ill.
(d) From using magic.
15. How does Josh find himself in a closet?
(a) He opens the wrong door on a dimension portal.
(b) He travels a ley line.
(c) He is hiding.
(d) He was unconscious and awakens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flamel take from the wall of a building?
2. Who is Sophie?
3. What concerns Josh after they arrive at the Eiffel Tower?
4. Whose memories does Sophie possess?
5. Where does Flamel and the group go after the fight?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)