|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after all the candles in the building go out?
(a) There is a high-pitched whine.
(b) The roof begins to open up.
(c) A boom occurs.
(d) A wax monster comes alive.
2. Why is Flamel having trouble finding a safe place for them to hide?
(a) He has not been to London in a long time.
(b) He knows Machiavelli can follow Sophie's aura when she is tired.
(c) He has not been to Paris in a long time.
(d) The hiding place has to have very specific characterizations.
3. Who is one person in the closet with Josh?
(a) Billy the Kidd.
4. Who covers some men in transmuted sugar?
(d) St. Germain.
5. What smell is associated with what Sophie does?
6. How do Josh and Sophie escape?
(a) Cafe owner protests the intrusion.
(b) Scathach fights to let them get away.
(c) Flamel arrives and sets up a fog.
(d) Josh accidentally creates a smoke screen.
7. How does Sophie think of Scathach?
(a) As an aunt.
(b) As a wise crone.
(c) As a mother.
(d) As a sister.
8. How does Flamel communicate his wish to Sophie?
(a) Writing on a scrap of paper.
(b) Whispering to her.
(d) Sign language.
9. What does Scathach make Sophie promise?
(a) To not show Josh certain aspects of her feminine powers.
(b) To let Scathach teach her how to transportate.
(c) To not use her powers anymore.
(d) To let Scathach test her before she tries to change her aura.
10. Whom does Flamel want to call?
(b) Compte de Saint-Germain.
(c) Dr. John Dee.
(d) Witch of Endor.
11. Where is John Dee as Machiavelli is watching St. Germain's house?
(a) In the catacombs under Paris.
(b) On a flight to Paris.
(c) In San Francisco.
(d) In London about to get on a boat.
12. Whose memories does Sophie possess?
(a) Her mother's.
(c) Her father's.
(d) Witch of Endor's.
13. Who does Machiavelli tell to contact the Disir?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) No one; the Disir will find them.
14. Where does Flamel take Scathach, Josh and Sophie?
(a) To a small diner.
(b) To his uncle's apartment.
(c) To meet up with a friend on the steps of the Louvre.
(d) To Catherine de Medici's mausoleum.
15. Where does Flamel go in Paris?
(a) To a building where he once lived with Perenelle.
(b) To the airport.
(c) To the British embassy.
(d) To the American embassy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Josh find himself in a closet?
2. How many pages are missing from Dee's copy of the book that mentions the twins?
3. What guards Vetala's room?
4. What has happened to Perenelle's magic?
5. What is the DGSE?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)