|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What danger does Scathach mention to Sophie?
(a) Of becoming permanently insane.
(b) Of overreaching and losing one's powers for years.
(c) Of confusion when too many powers are being used at once.
(d) Of spontaneous combustion.
2. Whom do both Machiavelli and John Dee serve?
(a) The Young Gods.
(b) The Dark Elders.
(c) The Olympians.
(d) No one.
3. Where is the closet where Josh is located?
(d) New York.
4. What does Flamel do in response to the orders of some officers?
(a) Nothing; Flamel is not being pursued just yet.
(b) Lies on the ground.
(c) Leans up against a car.
(d) Puts his hands on his head.
5. Who is one person in the closet with Josh?
(c) Billy the Kidd.
6. What does Machiavelli do when he sees Flamel and the others escape into the crowds?
(a) Gives up and calls Dee.
(b) Sends officers after them.
(c) Tries to contain them with his aura.
(d) He does not see them in the crowd.
7. Who collects Japanese Kabuki masks?
8. For what does Machiavelli search his private files?
(a) A description of Dagon.
(b) A picture of the twins.
(c) An immortal that lives in Paris.
(d) An immortal that lives in London.
9. Whose journal is quoted at the opening of the novel?
(a) Nicholas Flamel.
(c) John Dee.
10. What does Flamel want to learn by his phone call?
(a) If Perenelle has checked in.
(b) If there are any friendly immortals in Paris.
(c) If there are any friendly immortals in Rome.
(d) If Machiavelli has any weaknesses.
11. Why doesn't Josh trust Flamel or Scathach?
(a) Because he overheard a conversation that raised suspicions.
(b) Because he has heard them lying.
(c) Josh trusts no one but Sophie.
(d) Because of things Dee told him.
12. Where does Flamel go in Paris?
(a) To the British embassy.
(b) To the American embassy.
(c) To the airport.
(d) To a building where he once lived with Perenelle.
13. Why is Dee angry with Machiavelli?
(a) For implicating Dee in a plot against the Elders.
(b) For sending Dee a message that was not encoded.
(c) For allowing Flamel's group to escape.
(d) For telling Billy the Kidd to go after Perenelle alone.
14. What has happened to Perenelle's magic?
(b) The pentagram keeps it in check.
(c) She is in a magic-dampening cell.
(d) A sphinx has absorbed it.
15. Where are Nicholas and the twins after escaping?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Scathach make on impact on their attacker?
2. What does Flamel tell Sophie to do?
3. How does Joan of Arc become immortal?
4. What does Dee order Machiavelli to do?
5. Whose memories does Sophie possess?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)