|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose journal is quoted at the opening of the novel?
(a) Nicholas Flamel.
(d) John Dee.
2. Who covers some men in transmuted sugar?
(c) St. Germain.
3. What happens after all the candles in the building go out?
(a) A wax monster comes alive.
(b) The roof begins to open up.
(c) There is a high-pitched whine.
(d) A boom occurs.
4. What does Scathach tell Sophie as they are walking?
(a) About the way the world looked several centuries ago.
(b) About Scathach's childhood.
(c) About Danu Talis.
(d) About Scathach's feud with her sister.
5. In spite of what does Machiavelli order his men to continue searching for Flamel?
(a) The resistance of one man.
(b) The fact that there are no clues as to where they went.
(c) The illegality of the search.
(d) The dark, moonless night.
6. What does Machiavelli do when he sees Flamel and the others escape into the crowds?
(a) He does not see them in the crowd.
(b) Gives up and calls Dee.
(c) Tries to contain them with his aura.
(d) Sends officers after them.
7. Where does Machiavelli think he'll be able to catch Flamel and the others?
(a) At the only ley line in London.
(b) At the only ley line in Paris.
(c) At the airport.
(d) At Saint Germain's house.
8. Who is Catherine de Medici?
(a) Machiavelli's contact in Berlin.
(b) Machiavelli's contact in Rome.
(c) An immortal.
(d) An historical figure who died in the 1900s.
9. Where are Nicholas and the twins after escaping?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
10. What is Josh's response to Flamel's actions concerning the police officer?
(a) He thinks Flamel is a coward.
(b) He thinks Flamel is awesome.
(c) Some of Josh's doubts about Flamel resurfaces.
(d) He thinks Flamel has lied to Josh.
11. What does the Comte de Saint-Germain try to make Sophie and Josh believe?
(a) He is a famous chef.
(b) He knew the twins' great-great grandfather.
(c) He is a famous musician.
(d) He is a well-known downhill skier.
12. Josh confronts Flamel about ____________.
(a) The way they left London.
(b) The things Josh overheard Flamel whispering to Scathach.
(c) The officers who were killed back at the cafe.
(d) Some things Dee told him.
13. Why can't Scathach make on impact on their attacker?
(a) She broke her arm.
(b) She cannot see the attacker.
(c) She lost her sword.
(d) The soft wax absorbs the blows.
14. Why is Dee angry with Machiavelli?
(a) For implicating Dee in a plot against the Elders.
(b) For telling Billy the Kidd to go after Perenelle alone.
(c) For allowing Flamel's group to escape.
(d) For sending Dee a message that was not encoded.
15. What task is Machiavelli asked to accomplish?
(a) Finding Perenelle.
(b) Finding Nicholas Flamel and the twins.
(c) Talking with the Old Gods.
(d) Finding a ley line.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Flamel having trouble finding a safe place for them to hide?
2. How does Joan of Arc become immortal?
3. For whom does Machiavelli decide to search?
4. What is the Sacre-Coeur?
5. What does Scathach make Sophie promise?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)