|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the bottom of the stairs just as Flamel opens the locked door?
(b) Dr. Dee.
(c) Machiavelli and a large police force.
(d) Mr. Watson.
2. Who confronts Scathach and the twins?
(a) Compte de Saint-Germain.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) Several police officers.
3. In what book are twins mentioned?
(a) The Book of the Young Gods.
(b) The Book of Dreams.
(c) The Book of the Old Gods.
(d) The Book of Abraham.
4. What does Scathach tell Sophie as they are walking?
(a) About Danu Talis.
(b) About the way the world looked several centuries ago.
(c) About Scathach's childhood.
(d) About Scathach's feud with her sister.
5. Where does Flamel go to make his call?
(a) Video store.
(b) Police station.
(c) Post office.
(d) Phone booth.
6. What does Saint-Germain do in response to Flamel's request?
(a) Creates fireworks over the Eiffel Tower.
(b) Takes Josh in the opposite direction from his home.
(c) Says his home is too unprotected.
(d) Tries to flank Machiavelli.
7. Josh confronts Flamel about ____________.
(a) The officers who were killed back at the cafe.
(b) The way they left London.
(c) Some things Dee told him.
(d) The things Josh overheard Flamel whispering to Scathach.
8. What does Machiavelli do when he sees Flamel and the others escape into the crowds?
(a) Tries to contain them with his aura.
(b) Gives up and calls Dee.
(c) He does not see them in the crowd.
(d) Sends officers after them.
9. Why is Dee angry with Machiavelli?
(a) For telling Billy the Kidd to go after Perenelle alone.
(b) For allowing Flamel's group to escape.
(c) For sending Dee a message that was not encoded.
(d) For implicating Dee in a plot against the Elders.
10. What does Dee order Machiavelli to do?
(a) Kill everyone except Josh and Sophie.
(b) Wait and watch Flamel and the others until Dee arrives.
(c) Call their boss and ask for instructions.
(d) Obliterate St. Germain's home.
11. What does Flamel take from the wall of a building?
(a) Something he hid there hundreds of years ago.
(b) A statue.
(c) A message from the Witch of Endor.
12. Where is John Dee as Machiavelli is watching St. Germain's house?
(a) In San Francisco.
(b) In the catacombs under Paris.
(c) On a flight to Paris.
(d) In London about to get on a boat.
13. Who arrives at the Eiffel tower first?
(c) Sophie and Scathach.
(d) Josh and Flamel.
14. How does Josh find himself in a closet?
(a) He travels a ley line.
(b) He is hiding.
(c) He was unconscious and awakens.
(d) He opens the wrong door on a dimension portal.
15. What does Machiavelli rush towards in his car?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) Notre Dame.
(d) The Sacre-Coeur.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Machiavelli know of the intruders in the building where he is going?
2. For whom does Machiavelli decide to search?
3. How many officers does Scathach take out?
4. Why is Flamel having trouble finding a safe place for them to hide?
5. How does Sophie use her aura for fighting?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)