|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task is Machiavelli asked to accomplish?
(a) Finding a ley line.
(b) Finding Perenelle.
(c) Talking with the Old Gods.
(d) Finding Nicholas Flamel and the twins.
2. What has happened to Perenelle's magic?
(a) The pentagram keeps it in check.
(b) A sphinx has absorbed it.
(c) She is in a magic-dampening cell.
3. Who arrives at the Eiffel tower first?
(b) Sophie and Scathach.
(d) Josh and Flamel.
4. What is the DGSE?
(a) The French secret service.
(b) The cover agency for British Intelligence.
(c) A group dedicated to preserving certain ruins in Paris.
(d) A group dedicated to preserving certain ruins in Rome.
5. Who is Vetala?
(a) A guardian of the deep recess.
(b) One of the Ancient Elders.
(c) One of Dee's creations.
(d) A bat-humanoid creature.
6. What is Machiavelli's position in the DGSE?
(a) A consultant.
(b) He is the head of the agency.
(c) An under secretary.
(d) A researcher.
7. What does Dee order Machiavelli to do?
(a) Call their boss and ask for instructions.
(b) Kill everyone except Josh and Sophie.
(c) Wait and watch Flamel and the others until Dee arrives.
(d) Obliterate St. Germain's home.
8. What does Machiavelli do when he sees Flamel and the others escape into the crowds?
(a) He does not see them in the crowd.
(b) Tries to contain them with his aura.
(c) Gives up and calls Dee.
(d) Sends officers after them.
9. Why doesn't Josh trust Flamel or Scathach?
(a) Because he overheard a conversation that raised suspicions.
(b) Josh trusts no one but Sophie.
(c) Because he has heard them lying.
(d) Because of things Dee told him.
10. Where is the closet where Josh is located?
(a) New York.
11. What guards Vetala's room?
(b) A spider web.
(c) A laser beam.
(d) A group of Belawogs.
12. Who does Machiavelli tell to contact the Disir?
(a) No one; the Disir will find them.
(c) Catherine de Medici.
13. What does Flamel do in response to the orders of some officers?
(a) Leans up against a car.
(b) Nothing; Flamel is not being pursued just yet.
(c) Puts his hands on his head.
(d) Lies on the ground.
14. Why is Sophie exhausted?
(a) From using magic.
(b) From running half a marthon.
(c) From being ill.
(d) From having trouble sleeping.
15. Who is Catherine de Medici?
(a) An immortal.
(b) Machiavelli's contact in Rome.
(c) An historical figure who died in the 1900s.
(d) Machiavelli's contact in Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Scathach and the twins?
2. What smell is associated with what Sophie does?
3. How does Sophie use her aura for fighting?
4. How does Sophie think of Scathach?
5. What do Sophie and Josh learn about Germain's wife?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)