|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sophie know Machiavelli is near?
(a) She senses his thoughts.
(b) She saw him.
(c) She hears his distinct voice.
(d) She can smell his magic.
2. Whose memories does Sophie possess?
(a) Witch of Endor's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her father's.
3. Why can't Scathach make on impact on their attacker?
(a) The soft wax absorbs the blows.
(b) She cannot see the attacker.
(c) She broke her arm.
(d) She lost her sword.
4. What does Machiavelli rush towards in his car?
(a) The Sacre-Coeur.
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) The Eiffel Tower.
(d) The Louvre.
5. For whom does Machiavelli decide to search?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Billy the Kidd.
(c) Comte de Satin-Germain.
(d) Dr. Watson.
6. What does Flamel do when they are nearly attacked by a police officer?
(b) Incapacitates the officer.
(c) Asks for Sophie's help.
(d) Kills the officer.
7. When does Perenelle leave her cell?
(a) After the sphinx has gone in search of the cause of the noise.
(b) She decides to stay in the cell until Billy the Kidd returns.
(c) When the door is unlocked.
(d) When the sphinx is asleep.
8. What danger does Scathach mention to Sophie?
(a) Of becoming permanently insane.
(b) Of spontaneous combustion.
(c) Of overreaching and losing one's powers for years.
(d) Of confusion when too many powers are being used at once.
9. Where does Flamel go in Paris?
(a) To the American embassy.
(b) To the airport.
(c) To the British embassy.
(d) To a building where he once lived with Perenelle.
10. What does Flamel ask Saint-Germain to do?
(a) Attack Machiavelli.
(b) Take Josh to Saint-Germain's house.
(c) Create a distraction.
(d) Take Sophie and Scathach to Saint-Germain's house.
11. Who interrupts Machiavelli when he is in the middle of business?
(a) John Dee.
(b) His wife.
(c) Billy the Kidd.
12. Where does Flamel take Scathach, Josh and Sophie?
(a) To a small diner.
(b) To Catherine de Medici's mausoleum.
(c) To his uncle's apartment.
(d) To meet up with a friend on the steps of the Louvre.
13. Why doesn't Josh trust Flamel or Scathach?
(a) Because of things Dee told him.
(b) Because he has heard them lying.
(c) Josh trusts no one but Sophie.
(d) Because he overheard a conversation that raised suspicions.
14. How does Joan of Arc become immortal?
(a) Her god granted it.
(b) The Dark Elders granted it.
(c) From a blood transfusion.
(d) She became like a phoenix after burning at the stake.
15. What has happened to Perenelle's magic?
(a) A sphinx has absorbed it.
(b) She is in a magic-dampening cell.
(d) The pentagram keeps it in check.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dagon?
2. Who is Juan Manuel de Ayala?
3. Where is John Dee as Machiavelli is watching St. Germain's house?
4. What is the Sacre-Coeur?
5. What smell is associated with what Sophie does?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)