|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dagon?
(a) Machiavelli's good friend and long-time servant.
(b) One of the Elders.
(c) A cross between a unicorn and a dragon.
(d) One of the lessor gods.
2. How does Joan of Arc become immortal?
(a) The Dark Elders granted it.
(b) She became like a phoenix after burning at the stake.
(c) From a blood transfusion.
(d) Her god granted it.
3. Where does Machiavelli think he'll be able to catch Flamel and the others?
(a) At the airport.
(b) At the only ley line in Paris.
(c) At the only ley line in London.
(d) At Saint Germain's house.
4. What is Flamel told to do?
(a) Call Catherine de Medici.
(b) Go to a certain book store.
(c) He can't do anything as there are no immortals in London.
(d) Wait by the Eiffel Tower at the top of the hour for three hours.
5. For what does Machiavelli search his private files?
(a) An immortal that lives in Paris.
(b) An immortal that lives in London.
(c) A picture of the twins.
(d) A description of Dagon.
6. Where does Flamel go to make his call?
(a) Post office.
(b) Phone booth.
(c) Video store.
(d) Police station.
7. Who is Juan Manuel de Ayala?
(a) A soldier who is killed on Alcatraz Island.
(b) A murderer who was imprisoned on Alcatraz a century ago.
(c) One of the men keeping Perenelle prisoner.
(d) The explorer who first discovered Alcatraz Island.
8. Why is Sophie exhausted?
(a) From having trouble sleeping.
(b) From using magic.
(c) From running half a marthon.
(d) From being ill.
9. Why is Dee angry with Machiavelli?
(a) For implicating Dee in a plot against the Elders.
(b) For telling Billy the Kidd to go after Perenelle alone.
(c) For allowing Flamel's group to escape.
(d) For sending Dee a message that was not encoded.
10. What concerns Josh after they arrive at the Eiffel Tower?
(a) They see a man coming towards them.
(b) Flamel is acting strangely.
(c) There are many police around the area.
(d) Sophie and Scathach are not there.
11. What does Flamel ask Saint-Germain to do?
(a) Create a distraction.
(b) Take Josh to Saint-Germain's house.
(c) Take Sophie and Scathach to Saint-Germain's house.
(d) Attack Machiavelli.
12. Who arrives at the bottom of the stairs just as Flamel opens the locked door?
(a) Dr. Dee.
(c) Mr. Watson.
(d) Machiavelli and a large police force.
13. What does Flamel do in response to the orders of some officers?
(a) Lies on the ground.
(b) Nothing; Flamel is not being pursued just yet.
(c) Puts his hands on his head.
(d) Leans up against a car.
14. From whom have Nicholas and the twins escaped?
(a) The CIA.
(c) Dr. John Dee.
(d) The FBI.
15. Josh confronts Flamel about ____________.
(a) Some things Dee told him.
(b) The things Josh overheard Flamel whispering to Scathach.
(c) The officers who were killed back at the cafe.
(d) The way they left London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is John Dee as Machiavelli is watching St. Germain's house?
2. What has happened to Perenelle's magic?
3. What danger does Scathach mention to Sophie?
4. What does Machiavelli do when he sees Flamel and the others escape into the crowds?
5. Who does Dagon tell Machiavelli are on the way?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)