|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dee order Machiavelli to do?
(a) Call their boss and ask for instructions.
(b) Kill everyone except Josh and Sophie.
(c) Obliterate St. Germain's home.
(d) Wait and watch Flamel and the others until Dee arrives.
2. Who does Machiavelli tell to contact the Disir?
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(d) No one; the Disir will find them.
3. What wakes Perenelle in Alcatraz?
(a) The sound of a monster screaming.
(b) The whisper of someone in another cell.
(c) The sound of someone laughing.
(d) The sound of ghost voices.
4. Who does Dagon tell Machiavelli are on the way?
(a) No one.
(b) Dee and the Oracle.
(c) The Disir and Nidhogg.
(d) Just the Nidhogg.
5. Whose memories does Sophie possess?
(a) Her father's.
(c) Witch of Endor's.
(d) Her mother's.
6. In spite of what does Machiavelli order his men to continue searching for Flamel?
(a) The dark, moonless night.
(b) The resistance of one man.
(c) The fact that there are no clues as to where they went.
(d) The illegality of the search.
7. Why is Dee angry with Machiavelli?
(a) For implicating Dee in a plot against the Elders.
(b) For telling Billy the Kidd to go after Perenelle alone.
(c) For allowing Flamel's group to escape.
(d) For sending Dee a message that was not encoded.
8. What does Flamel use as an excuse to get the call made?
(a) His father is dying.
(b) He is writing about the destruction of the store.
(d) His mother is dying.
9. For whom does Machiavelli decide to search?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(b) Billy the Kidd.
(c) Dr. Watson.
(d) Comte de Satin-Germain.
10. What does Perenelle notice throughout Alcatraz?
(a) Symbols chalked on walls.
(b) Hives hanging from corners.
(c) Spider webs.
(d) Pictures painted on the walls.
11. What do Sophie and St. Germain's wife have in common?
(c) The ability to see through lies.
(d) A gold aura.
12. How does Flamel communicate his wish to Sophie?
(a) Whispering to her.
(c) Writing on a scrap of paper.
(d) Sign language.
13. Who arrives at the bottom of the stairs just as Flamel opens the locked door?
(a) Mr. Watson.
(c) Machiavelli and a large police force.
(d) Dr. Dee.
14. Where is Machiavelli at the opening of Chapter 1?
(a) A rare book dealer.
(b) A friend's home in Paris.
(c) An auction.
(d) A market.
15. What does Josh suggest they do to avoid detection?
(a) Change into different clothing.
(b) Break into pairs.
(d) Use their powers of invisibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smell is associated with what Sophie does?
2. Where does Flamel go in Paris?
3. What danger does Scathach mention to Sophie?
4. What did Scathach once do for St. Germain's wife?
5. What has happened to Perenelle's magic?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)