|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joan of Arc become immortal?
(a) From a blood transfusion.
(b) She became like a phoenix after burning at the stake.
(c) The Dark Elders granted it.
(d) Her god granted it.
2. Who is Juan Manuel de Ayala?
(a) A soldier who is killed on Alcatraz Island.
(b) The explorer who first discovered Alcatraz Island.
(c) A murderer who was imprisoned on Alcatraz a century ago.
(d) One of the men keeping Perenelle prisoner.
3. What danger does Scathach mention to Sophie?
(a) Of overreaching and losing one's powers for years.
(b) Of spontaneous combustion.
(c) Of confusion when too many powers are being used at once.
(d) Of becoming permanently insane.
4. What does Machiavelli rush towards in his car?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) The Sacre-Coeur.
(c) Notre Dame.
(d) The Louvre.
5. How many pages are missing from Dee's copy of the book that mentions the twins?
6. What does Machiavelli do when he sees Flamel and the others escape into the crowds?
(a) Gives up and calls Dee.
(b) He does not see them in the crowd.
(c) Tries to contain them with his aura.
(d) Sends officers after them.
7. What did Scathach once do for St. Germain's wife?
(a) Saved her life.
(b) Introduced her to St. Germain.
(c) Taught her magic.
(d) Gave her an amulet.
8. When does Perenelle leave her cell?
(a) She decides to stay in the cell until Billy the Kidd returns.
(b) When the door is unlocked.
(c) When the sphinx is asleep.
(d) After the sphinx has gone in search of the cause of the noise.
9. What does Flamel take from the wall of a building?
(b) Something he hid there hundreds of years ago.
(c) A message from the Witch of Endor.
(d) A statue.
10. How do Josh and Sophie escape?
(a) Josh accidentally creates a smoke screen.
(b) Cafe owner protests the intrusion.
(c) Flamel arrives and sets up a fog.
(d) Scathach fights to let them get away.
11. How does Machiavelli know of the intruders in the building where he is going?
(a) He does not know about them.
(b) A silent alarm.
(c) A guard calls.
(d) A loudspeaker blaring a code.
12. Where does Flamel go to make his call?
(a) Video store.
(b) Police station.
(c) Phone booth.
(d) Post office.
13. For whom does Machiavelli decide to search?
(a) Billy the Kidd.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
(c) Dr. Watson.
(d) Comte de Satin-Germain.
14. How many officers does Scathach take out?
15. Who interrupts Machiavelli when he is in the middle of business?
(b) John Dee.
(c) Billy the Kidd.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Josh trust Flamel or Scathach?
2. Why is Dee angry with Machiavelli?
3. What does Flamel want to learn by his phone call?
4. Who confronts Scathach and the twins?
5. From whom have Nicholas and the twins escaped?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)