|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the men are covered in sugar?
(a) Ants attack them.
(b) They are attacked by bees.
(c) Nothing; the men do not even realize their predicament.
(d) They are unable to move.
2. Where is John Dee as Machiavelli is watching St. Germain's house?
(a) In the catacombs under Paris.
(b) On a flight to Paris.
(c) In London about to get on a boat.
(d) In San Francisco.
3. Whom do both Machiavelli and John Dee serve?
(a) The Olympians.
(b) The Young Gods.
(c) The Dark Elders.
(d) No one.
4. What task is Machiavelli asked to accomplish?
(a) Talking with the Old Gods.
(b) Finding a ley line.
(c) Finding Nicholas Flamel and the twins.
(d) Finding Perenelle.
5. What does Machiavelli do when he sees Flamel and the others escape into the crowds?
(a) He does not see them in the crowd.
(b) Gives up and calls Dee.
(c) Sends officers after them.
(d) Tries to contain them with his aura.
6. Who is Sophie?
(a) Perenelle's assistant.
(b) Nicolas' aunt.
(c) Josh's mother.
(d) Josh's sister.
7. What do Sophie and Josh learn about Germain's wife?
(a) She is the Witch of Endor.
(b) She is one of the Dark Elders.
(c) She is Joan of Arc.
(d) She was born in this century.
8. Where does Flamel take Scathach, Josh and Sophie?
(a) To Catherine de Medici's mausoleum.
(b) To meet up with a friend on the steps of the Louvre.
(c) To a small diner.
(d) To his uncle's apartment.
9. What does Flamel take from the wall of a building?
(b) A statue.
(c) Something he hid there hundreds of years ago.
(d) A message from the Witch of Endor.
10. Who does Machiavelli tell to contact the Disir?
(a) No one; the Disir will find them.
(b) Catherine de Medici.
11. Who arrives at the Eiffel tower first?
(b) Josh and Flamel.
(c) Sophie and Scathach.
12. How many officers does Scathach take out?
13. What did Scathach once do for St. Germain's wife?
(a) Introduced her to St. Germain.
(b) Gave her an amulet.
(c) Taught her magic.
(d) Saved her life.
14. Where does Flamel go to make his call?
(a) Video store.
(b) Police station.
(c) Phone booth.
(d) Post office.
15. What does Flamel do when they are nearly attacked by a police officer?
(a) Kills the officer.
(c) Asks for Sophie's help.
(d) Incapacitates the officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Josh confronts Flamel about ____________.
2. What wakes Perenelle in Alcatraz?
3. Whose memories does Sophie possess?
4. Whose journal is quoted at the opening of the novel?
5. What does Perenelle notice throughout Alcatraz?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)