|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Vetala?
(a) One of the Ancient Elders.
(b) A bat-humanoid creature.
(c) One of Dee's creations.
(d) A guardian of the deep recess.
2. In spite of what does Machiavelli order his men to continue searching for Flamel?
(a) The resistance of one man.
(b) The fact that there are no clues as to where they went.
(c) The illegality of the search.
(d) The dark, moonless night.
3. What is the DGSE?
(a) The French secret service.
(b) The cover agency for British Intelligence.
(c) A group dedicated to preserving certain ruins in Paris.
(d) A group dedicated to preserving certain ruins in Rome.
4. Who arrives at the bottom of the stairs just as Flamel opens the locked door?
(b) Mr. Watson.
(c) Machiavelli and a large police force.
(d) Dr. Dee.
5. Who covers some men in transmuted sugar?
(b) St. Germain.
6. Where are Nicholas and the twins after escaping?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
7. Josh confronts Flamel about ____________.
(a) Some things Dee told him.
(b) The way they left London.
(c) The things Josh overheard Flamel whispering to Scathach.
(d) The officers who were killed back at the cafe.
8. What is the Sacre-Coeur?
(a) A church.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) An art museum.
(d) A ruins outside of Rome.
9. What happens after the men are covered in sugar?
(a) They are unable to move.
(b) Nothing; the men do not even realize their predicament.
(c) They are attacked by bees.
(d) Ants attack them.
10. For what does Machiavelli search his private files?
(a) An immortal that lives in London.
(b) A description of Dagon.
(c) A picture of the twins.
(d) An immortal that lives in Paris.
11. What does Flamel do when they are nearly attacked by a police officer?
(a) Kills the officer.
(b) Incapacitates the officer.
(d) Asks for Sophie's help.
12. Where does Flamel take Scathach, Josh and Sophie?
(a) To his uncle's apartment.
(b) To a small diner.
(c) To Catherine de Medici's mausoleum.
(d) To meet up with a friend on the steps of the Louvre.
13. How does Flamel communicate his wish to Sophie?
(a) Sign language.
(b) Whispering to her.
(d) Writing on a scrap of paper.
14. How does Sophie know Machiavelli is near?
(a) She saw him.
(b) She hears his distinct voice.
(c) She senses his thoughts.
(d) She can smell his magic.
15. Where is Machiavelli at the opening of Chapter 1?
(a) A market.
(b) A friend's home in Paris.
(c) An auction.
(d) A rare book dealer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Josh's response to Flamel's actions concerning the police officer?
2. What does Scathach tell Sophie as they are walking?
3. What guards Vetala's room?
4. What does Flamel do in response to the orders of some officers?
5. Who confronts Scathach and the twins?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)