|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Machiavelli's position in the DGSE?
(a) A consultant.
(b) An under secretary.
(c) A researcher.
(d) He is the head of the agency.
2. How do Josh and Sophie escape?
(a) Scathach fights to let them get away.
(b) Flamel arrives and sets up a fog.
(c) Josh accidentally creates a smoke screen.
(d) Cafe owner protests the intrusion.
3. Who is Juan Manuel de Ayala?
(a) A soldier who is killed on Alcatraz Island.
(b) A murderer who was imprisoned on Alcatraz a century ago.
(c) One of the men keeping Perenelle prisoner.
(d) The explorer who first discovered Alcatraz Island.
4. What does Perenelle notice throughout Alcatraz?
(a) Symbols chalked on walls.
(b) Spider webs.
(c) Pictures painted on the walls.
(d) Hives hanging from corners.
5. What does Machiavelli rush towards in his car?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Sacre-Coeur.
6. Who arrives at the Eiffel tower first?
(a) Josh and Flamel.
(d) Sophie and Scathach.
7. How does Flamel communicate his wish to Sophie?
(a) Sign language.
(b) Whispering to her.
(d) Writing on a scrap of paper.
8. How does Joan of Arc become immortal?
(a) She became like a phoenix after burning at the stake.
(b) The Dark Elders granted it.
(c) From a blood transfusion.
(d) Her god granted it.
9. Who arrives at the bottom of the stairs just as Flamel opens the locked door?
(a) Dr. Dee.
(b) Machiavelli and a large police force.
(c) Mr. Watson.
10. In spite of what does Machiavelli order his men to continue searching for Flamel?
(a) The dark, moonless night.
(b) The illegality of the search.
(c) The resistance of one man.
(d) The fact that there are no clues as to where they went.
11. Who does Dagon tell Machiavelli are on the way?
(a) The Disir and Nidhogg.
(b) No one.
(c) Just the Nidhogg.
(d) Dee and the Oracle.
12. Who does Machiavelli tell to contact the Disir?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(c) No one; the Disir will find them.
13. Who confronts Scathach and the twins?
(a) Compte de Saint-Germain.
(c) Several police officers.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
14. What does Flamel use as an excuse to get the call made?
(a) He is writing about the destruction of the store.
(b) His father is dying.
(c) His mother is dying.
15. Where is Machiavelli at the opening of Chapter 1?
(a) An auction.
(b) A market.
(c) A friend's home in Paris.
(d) A rare book dealer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Perenelle's magic?
2. Where are Nicholas and the twins after escaping?
3. Why can't Scathach make on impact on their attacker?
4. Whom does Flamel want to call?
5. Whose journal is quoted at the opening of the novel?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)