|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flamel do when they are nearly attacked by a police officer?
(b) Asks for Sophie's help.
(c) Kills the officer.
(d) Incapacitates the officer.
2. How does Sophie know Machiavelli is near?
(a) She senses his thoughts.
(b) She hears his distinct voice.
(c) She can smell his magic.
(d) She saw him.
3. What does the Comte de Saint-Germain try to make Sophie and Josh believe?
(a) He is a famous musician.
(b) He is a well-known downhill skier.
(c) He is a famous chef.
(d) He knew the twins' great-great grandfather.
4. What does Flamel take from the wall of a building?
(a) Something he hid there hundreds of years ago.
(b) A message from the Witch of Endor.
(c) A statue.
5. What does Machiavelli rush towards in his car?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) The Sacre-Coeur.
(d) Notre Dame.
6. What does Flamel spot as they are talking to Saint-Germain?
(a) Machiavelli and some police officers.
(b) John Dee.
(c) A Disir.
7. Why is Sophie exhausted?
(a) From having trouble sleeping.
(b) From being ill.
(c) From running half a marthon.
(d) From using magic.
8. What do Sophie and Josh learn about Germain's wife?
(a) She was born in this century.
(b) She is one of the Dark Elders.
(c) She is the Witch of Endor.
(d) She is Joan of Arc.
9. Who does Machiavelli tell to contact the Disir?
(a) No one; the Disir will find them.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
10. Where does Flamel go to make his call?
(a) Phone booth.
(b) Video store.
(c) Police station.
(d) Post office.
11. When does Perenelle leave her cell?
(a) When the door is unlocked.
(b) She decides to stay in the cell until Billy the Kidd returns.
(c) When the sphinx is asleep.
(d) After the sphinx has gone in search of the cause of the noise.
12. What does Perenelle notice throughout Alcatraz?
(a) Pictures painted on the walls.
(b) Hives hanging from corners.
(c) Symbols chalked on walls.
(d) Spider webs.
13. What is the Sacre-Coeur?
(a) A church.
(b) A ruins outside of Rome.
(c) An art museum.
(d) A cemetery.
14. Who interrupts Machiavelli when he is in the middle of business?
(a) His wife.
(c) John Dee.
(d) Billy the Kidd.
15. What happens after all the candles in the building go out?
(a) A boom occurs.
(b) The roof begins to open up.
(c) There is a high-pitched whine.
(d) A wax monster comes alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who collects Japanese Kabuki masks?
2. Who covers some men in transmuted sugar?
3. For what does Machiavelli search his private files?
4. What is Flamel told to do?
5. What did Scathach once do for St. Germain's wife?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)