|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Machiavelli rush towards in his car?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) The Sacre-Coeur.
(d) The Louvre.
2. What did Scathach once do for St. Germain's wife?
(a) Saved her life.
(b) Gave her an amulet.
(c) Introduced her to St. Germain.
(d) Taught her magic.
3. What does Flamel do when they are nearly attacked by a police officer?
(a) Incapacitates the officer.
(c) Asks for Sophie's help.
(d) Kills the officer.
4. What does Flamel use as an excuse to get the call made?
(a) His mother is dying.
(b) His father is dying.
(c) He is writing about the destruction of the store.
5. In spite of what does Machiavelli order his men to continue searching for Flamel?
(a) The dark, moonless night.
(b) The resistance of one man.
(c) The illegality of the search.
(d) The fact that there are no clues as to where they went.
6. What does Josh suggest they do to avoid detection?
(a) Use their powers of invisibility.
(b) Change into different clothing.
(c) Break into pairs.
7. Who is Sophie?
(a) Perenelle's assistant.
(b) Josh's sister.
(c) Josh's mother.
(d) Nicolas' aunt.
8. Why is Flamel having trouble finding a safe place for them to hide?
(a) He has not been to Paris in a long time.
(b) The hiding place has to have very specific characterizations.
(c) He knows Machiavelli can follow Sophie's aura when she is tired.
(d) He has not been to London in a long time.
9. How many officers does Scathach take out?
10. How does Sophie use her aura for fighting?
(a) She uses it for pulses of laser-like beams.
(b) She uses it to boost Scathach's blows.
(c) She uses it for light to see their attackers.
(d) She melts the wax monster with the heat of her aura.
11. Josh confronts Flamel about ____________.
(a) The things Josh overheard Flamel whispering to Scathach.
(b) The way they left London.
(c) The officers who were killed back at the cafe.
(d) Some things Dee told him.
12. Who does Machiavelli tell to contact the Disir?
(b) No one; the Disir will find them.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
13. Why can't Scathach make on impact on their attacker?
(a) She broke her arm.
(b) The soft wax absorbs the blows.
(c) She lost her sword.
(d) She cannot see the attacker.
14. How does Machiavelli know of the intruders in the building where he is going?
(a) A loudspeaker blaring a code.
(b) He does not know about them.
(c) A guard calls.
(d) A silent alarm.
15. Why is Dee angry with Machiavelli?
(a) For allowing Flamel's group to escape.
(b) For telling Billy the Kidd to go after Perenelle alone.
(c) For sending Dee a message that was not encoded.
(d) For implicating Dee in a plot against the Elders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Flamel want to call?
2. Who collects Japanese Kabuki masks?
3. What does Flamel take from the wall of a building?
4. Whom do both Machiavelli and John Dee serve?
5. Where is Machiavelli at the opening of Chapter 1?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)