|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flamel tell Sophie to do?
(a) Turn down her aura.
(b) Create fog.
(c) Throw a veil of invisibility over them.
(d) Create blinding light.
2. What does Flamel do in response to the orders of some officers?
(a) Puts his hands on his head.
(b) Nothing; Flamel is not being pursued just yet.
(c) Lies on the ground.
(d) Leans up against a car.
3. What is Josh's response to Flamel's actions concerning the police officer?
(a) He thinks Flamel is awesome.
(b) Some of Josh's doubts about Flamel resurfaces.
(c) He thinks Flamel is a coward.
(d) He thinks Flamel has lied to Josh.
4. Where are Nicholas and the twins after escaping?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
5. What does Perenelle notice throughout Alcatraz?
(a) Pictures painted on the walls.
(b) Spider webs.
(c) Hives hanging from corners.
(d) Symbols chalked on walls.
6. How many pages are missing from Dee's copy of the book that mentions the twins?
7. How does Sophie think of Scathach?
(a) As a mother.
(b) As an aunt.
(c) As a sister.
(d) As a wise crone.
8. How do Josh and Sophie escape?
(a) Cafe owner protests the intrusion.
(b) Josh accidentally creates a smoke screen.
(c) Flamel arrives and sets up a fog.
(d) Scathach fights to let them get away.
9. What does Flamel do when they are nearly attacked by a police officer?
(a) Asks for Sophie's help.
(b) Kills the officer.
(c) Incapacitates the officer.
10. In what book are twins mentioned?
(a) The Book of Abraham.
(b) The Book of Dreams.
(c) The Book of the Old Gods.
(d) The Book of the Young Gods.
11. How does Sophie know Machiavelli is near?
(a) She saw him.
(b) She can smell his magic.
(c) She hears his distinct voice.
(d) She senses his thoughts.
12. What is Machiavelli's position in the DGSE?
(a) An under secretary.
(b) He is the head of the agency.
(c) A researcher.
(d) A consultant.
13. Who does Machiavelli tell to contact the Disir?
(c) No one; the Disir will find them.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
14. Where does Flamel take Scathach, Josh and Sophie?
(a) To Catherine de Medici's mausoleum.
(b) To meet up with a friend on the steps of the Louvre.
(c) To a small diner.
(d) To his uncle's apartment.
15. What does Machiavelli do when he sees Flamel and the others escape into the crowds?
(a) He does not see them in the crowd.
(b) Sends officers after them.
(c) Gives up and calls Dee.
(d) Tries to contain them with his aura.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose memories does Sophie possess?
2. Where does Flamel go to make his call?
3. Who interrupts Machiavelli when he is in the middle of business?
4. What concerns Josh after they arrive at the Eiffel Tower?
5. What does Machiavelli rush towards in his car?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)