|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after all the candles in the building go out?
(a) There is a high-pitched whine.
(b) The roof begins to open up.
(c) A boom occurs.
(d) A wax monster comes alive.
2. How do Josh and Sophie escape?
(a) Scathach fights to let them get away.
(b) Cafe owner protests the intrusion.
(c) Josh accidentally creates a smoke screen.
(d) Flamel arrives and sets up a fog.
3. Who does Machiavelli tell to contact the Disir?
(a) Catherine de Medici.
(c) No one; the Disir will find them.
4. Who is one person in the closet with Josh?
(d) Billy the Kidd.
5. What task is Machiavelli asked to accomplish?
(a) Finding a ley line.
(b) Finding Perenelle.
(c) Talking with the Old Gods.
(d) Finding Nicholas Flamel and the twins.
6. Where does Flamel take Scathach, Josh and Sophie?
(a) To Catherine de Medici's mausoleum.
(b) To a small diner.
(c) To his uncle's apartment.
(d) To meet up with a friend on the steps of the Louvre.
7. What concerns Josh after they arrive at the Eiffel Tower?
(a) There are many police around the area.
(b) Sophie and Scathach are not there.
(c) Flamel is acting strangely.
(d) They see a man coming towards them.
8. How many officers does Scathach take out?
9. What do Sophie and Josh learn about Germain's wife?
(a) She is one of the Dark Elders.
(b) She is Joan of Arc.
(c) She is the Witch of Endor.
(d) She was born in this century.
10. Who is Juan Manuel de Ayala?
(a) The explorer who first discovered Alcatraz Island.
(b) One of the men keeping Perenelle prisoner.
(c) A murderer who was imprisoned on Alcatraz a century ago.
(d) A soldier who is killed on Alcatraz Island.
11. Who covers some men in transmuted sugar?
(d) St. Germain.
12. In what book are twins mentioned?
(a) The Book of Dreams.
(b) The Book of the Old Gods.
(c) The Book of the Young Gods.
(d) The Book of Abraham.
13. How does Joan of Arc become immortal?
(a) From a blood transfusion.
(b) The Dark Elders granted it.
(c) Her god granted it.
(d) She became like a phoenix after burning at the stake.
14. What does Scathach tell Sophie as they are walking?
(a) About Scathach's feud with her sister.
(b) About Danu Talis.
(c) About Scathach's childhood.
(d) About the way the world looked several centuries ago.
15. How does Sophie know Machiavelli is near?
(a) She can smell his magic.
(b) She senses his thoughts.
(c) She hears his distinct voice.
(d) She saw him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flamel tell Sophie to do?
2. Where are Nicholas and the twins after escaping?
3. What does Perenelle notice throughout Alcatraz?
4. How much time is left for Nicholas and Perenelle to live?
5. What did Scathach once do for St. Germain's wife?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)