|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the bottom of the stairs just as Flamel opens the locked door?
(a) Dr. Dee.
(b) Machiavelli and a large police force.
(d) Mr. Watson.
2. Where is John Dee as Machiavelli is watching St. Germain's house?
(a) In London about to get on a boat.
(b) In San Francisco.
(c) In the catacombs under Paris.
(d) On a flight to Paris.
3. Who is Dagon?
(a) One of the lessor gods.
(b) Machiavelli's good friend and long-time servant.
(c) One of the Elders.
(d) A cross between a unicorn and a dragon.
4. What danger does Scathach mention to Sophie?
(a) Of confusion when too many powers are being used at once.
(b) Of spontaneous combustion.
(c) Of overreaching and losing one's powers for years.
(d) Of becoming permanently insane.
5. What is Josh's response to Flamel's actions concerning the police officer?
(a) He thinks Flamel is awesome.
(b) Some of Josh's doubts about Flamel resurfaces.
(c) He thinks Flamel is a coward.
(d) He thinks Flamel has lied to Josh.
6. What is Machiavelli's position in the DGSE?
(a) A consultant.
(b) An under secretary.
(c) A researcher.
(d) He is the head of the agency.
7. How much time is left for Nicholas and Perenelle to live?
(a) It is unknown, but it should be several decades.
(b) A few days.
(c) Only weeks.
(d) A few years.
8. What does Flamel use as an excuse to get the call made?
(a) He is writing about the destruction of the store.
(b) His father is dying.
(c) His mother is dying.
9. Who arrives at the Eiffel tower first?
(b) Josh and Flamel.
(d) Sophie and Scathach.
10. What did Scathach once do for St. Germain's wife?
(a) Saved her life.
(b) Introduced her to St. Germain.
(c) Gave her an amulet.
(d) Taught her magic.
11. In spite of what does Machiavelli order his men to continue searching for Flamel?
(a) The resistance of one man.
(b) The dark, moonless night.
(c) The fact that there are no clues as to where they went.
(d) The illegality of the search.
12. Who covers some men in transmuted sugar?
(a) St. Germain.
13. Who does Machiavelli tell to contact the Disir?
(c) Catherine de Medici.
(d) No one; the Disir will find them.
14. For whom does Machiavelli decide to search?
(a) Billy the Kidd.
(b) Comte de Satin-Germain.
(c) Dr. Watson.
(d) Catherine de Medici.
15. Who does Dagon tell Machiavelli are on the way?
(a) The Disir and Nidhogg.
(b) Just the Nidhogg.
(c) No one.
(d) Dee and the Oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Machiavelli think he'll be able to catch Flamel and the others?
2. What does Flamel tell Sophie to do?
3. Where is the closet where Josh is located?
4. What does Scathach make Sophie promise?
5. What does Scathach tell Sophie as they are walking?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)