|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Catherine de Medici?
(a) Machiavelli's contact in Berlin.
(b) An immortal.
(c) An historical figure who died in the 1900s.
(d) Machiavelli's contact in Rome.
2. In spite of what does Machiavelli order his men to continue searching for Flamel?
(a) The illegality of the search.
(b) The resistance of one man.
(c) The dark, moonless night.
(d) The fact that there are no clues as to where they went.
3. From whom have Nicholas and the twins escaped?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
(d) Dr. John Dee.
4. How does Sophie know Machiavelli is near?
(a) She hears his distinct voice.
(b) She senses his thoughts.
(c) She can smell his magic.
(d) She saw him.
5. Who is Dagon?
(a) One of the lessor gods.
(b) A cross between a unicorn and a dragon.
(c) One of the Elders.
(d) Machiavelli's good friend and long-time servant.
6. Who interrupts Machiavelli when he is in the middle of business?
(b) His wife.
(c) John Dee.
(d) Billy the Kidd.
7. How many pages are missing from Dee's copy of the book that mentions the twins?
8. What is Josh's response to Flamel's actions concerning the police officer?
(a) He thinks Flamel is awesome.
(b) Some of Josh's doubts about Flamel resurfaces.
(c) He thinks Flamel has lied to Josh.
(d) He thinks Flamel is a coward.
9. How does Flamel communicate his wish to Sophie?
(a) Writing on a scrap of paper.
(c) Sign language.
(d) Whispering to her.
10. What danger does Scathach mention to Sophie?
(a) Of spontaneous combustion.
(b) Of becoming permanently insane.
(c) Of confusion when too many powers are being used at once.
(d) Of overreaching and losing one's powers for years.
11. Who collects Japanese Kabuki masks?
12. Where is John Dee as Machiavelli is watching St. Germain's house?
(a) In the catacombs under Paris.
(b) In San Francisco.
(c) On a flight to Paris.
(d) In London about to get on a boat.
13. What is Flamel told to do?
(a) Wait by the Eiffel Tower at the top of the hour for three hours.
(b) Call Catherine de Medici.
(c) Go to a certain book store.
(d) He can't do anything as there are no immortals in London.
14. What does Flamel ask Saint-Germain to do?
(a) Create a distraction.
(b) Take Josh to Saint-Germain's house.
(c) Take Sophie and Scathach to Saint-Germain's house.
(d) Attack Machiavelli.
15. Josh confronts Flamel about ____________.
(a) The things Josh overheard Flamel whispering to Scathach.
(b) Some things Dee told him.
(c) The officers who were killed back at the cafe.
(d) The way they left London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flamel tell Sophie to do?
2. What is the Sacre-Coeur?
3. What does Flamel do in response to the orders of some officers?
4. Who arrives at the Eiffel tower first?
5. Who is Juan Manuel de Ayala?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)