|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flamel want to learn by his phone call?
(a) If there are any friendly immortals in Paris.
(b) If Perenelle has checked in.
(c) If Machiavelli has any weaknesses.
(d) If there are any friendly immortals in Rome.
2. What does Saint-Germain do in response to Flamel's request?
(a) Creates fireworks over the Eiffel Tower.
(b) Tries to flank Machiavelli.
(c) Takes Josh in the opposite direction from his home.
(d) Says his home is too unprotected.
3. In spite of what does Machiavelli order his men to continue searching for Flamel?
(a) The resistance of one man.
(b) The dark, moonless night.
(c) The fact that there are no clues as to where they went.
(d) The illegality of the search.
4. Why is Sophie exhausted?
(a) From being ill.
(b) From having trouble sleeping.
(c) From running half a marthon.
(d) From using magic.
5. What does Scathach make Sophie promise?
(a) To let Scathach teach her how to transportate.
(b) To let Scathach test her before she tries to change her aura.
(c) To not show Josh certain aspects of her feminine powers.
(d) To not use her powers anymore.
6. Why doesn't Josh trust Flamel or Scathach?
(a) Because he has heard them lying.
(b) Because he overheard a conversation that raised suspicions.
(c) Josh trusts no one but Sophie.
(d) Because of things Dee told him.
7. What concerns Josh after they arrive at the Eiffel Tower?
(a) Flamel is acting strangely.
(b) There are many police around the area.
(c) They see a man coming towards them.
(d) Sophie and Scathach are not there.
8. What do Sophie and St. Germain's wife have in common?
(b) A gold aura.
(d) The ability to see through lies.
9. What happens after all the candles in the building go out?
(a) There is a high-pitched whine.
(b) The roof begins to open up.
(c) A wax monster comes alive.
(d) A boom occurs.
10. How much time is left for Nicholas and Perenelle to live?
(a) A few years.
(b) A few days.
(c) Only weeks.
(d) It is unknown, but it should be several decades.
11. Who is Dagon?
(a) A cross between a unicorn and a dragon.
(b) One of the lessor gods.
(c) Machiavelli's good friend and long-time servant.
(d) One of the Elders.
12. Where does Flamel go in Paris?
(a) To the American embassy.
(b) To a building where he once lived with Perenelle.
(c) To the British embassy.
(d) To the airport.
13. What does Perenelle notice throughout Alcatraz?
(a) Spider webs.
(b) Hives hanging from corners.
(c) Symbols chalked on walls.
(d) Pictures painted on the walls.
14. What does Flamel use as an excuse to get the call made?
(a) His mother is dying.
(b) He is writing about the destruction of the store.
(d) His father is dying.
15. How does Sophie think of Scathach?
(a) As a mother.
(b) As an aunt.
(c) As a wise crone.
(d) As a sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sophie and Josh learn about Germain's wife?
2. Who does Dagon tell Machiavelli are on the way?
3. What happens after the men are covered in sugar?
4. Who collects Japanese Kabuki masks?
5. Why is Dee angry with Machiavelli?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)