Saturday, 2nd June: Chapters 1-5
1. Whose journal is quoted at the opening of the novel?
(a) Nicholas Flamel.
(b) John Dee.
2. In what book are twins mentioned?
(a) The Book of the Old Gods.
(b) The Book of Dreams.
(c) The Book of the Young Gods.
(d) The Book of Abraham.
3. Where are Nicholas and the twins after escaping?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
4. From whom have Nicholas and the twins escaped?
(a) The FBI.
(c) Dr. John Dee.
(d) The CIA.
5. How many pages are missing from Dee's copy of the book that mentions the twins?
6. How much time is left for Nicholas and Perenelle to live?
(a) Only weeks.
(b) A few years.
(c) It is unknown, but it should be several decades.
(d) A few days.
7. Where is Machiavelli at the opening of Chapter 1?
(a) An auction.
(b) A rare book dealer.
(c) A friend's home in Paris.
(d) A market.
8. Who collects Japanese Kabuki masks?
This section contains 4,847 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)