|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following emotions can the sea monster smell?
2. What desire has increased in Val's receptionist since she started working at the firm?
(a) Her desire to sleep.
(b) Her desire to drink.
(c) Her desire to eat.
(d) Her desire to mate.
3. How do the men in the hardware store treat Molly?
(a) Like she is crazy.
(b) Like she is stupid.
(c) Like she is invisible.
(d) Like she is a queen.
4. What is the name of the town psychiatrist?
5. Which of Estelle's relatives has recently died?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estelle add to her paintings before considering any of them complete?
2. Which of the following characters sees Mikey disappear?
3. Which of the following objects is Estelle most interested in?
4. Which of the following medications does Molly buy for the trailer in bulk from the pharmacy?
5. What does Theo serve to Gabe for dinner when he invites him over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does The Spider agree to help Theo at the cave battle?
2. How does Val feel about her decision to substitute placebos for medication after her therapy session with Estelle?
3. What gossip swirls around the HP Cafe after Mikey's disappearance?
4. What happens when Theo's car gets stuck in the mud?
5. Why does Sheriff Burton leave Theo seven angry messages on his answering machine?
6. How does the sea monster find its prey?
7. What offer does Mavis give to Winston, which propels Winston to become the fall man in their battle against the beast?
8. What confessions does Estelle make to Val when she comes in for her first therapy session?
9. What information does The Spider give to Theo when he calls for a bribe?
10. How is the Sheriff caught, and what is his punishment?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)