|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following medications does Molly buy for the trailer in bulk from the pharmacy?
2. Where does Estelle go instead of going to her support group?
(a) To the bar.
(b) To the doctor's office.
(c) To the seaside.
(d) To the mall.
3. What type of truck does the sea monster see and hope to mate with?
(a) A Texaco truck.
(b) A Shell truck.
(c) A Sunoco truck.
(d) A BP truck.
4. What sound does the giant fish make when Catfish hauls it out of the water?
(a) It sings.
(b) It hums.
(c) It buzzes.
(d) It screams.
5. After Mikey's disappearance, how long does Theo go without doing drugs before he realizes it?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Six days.
(c) One day.
(d) One hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal starts flopping on the beach when Catfish starts serenading Estelle?
2. What does the sea monster turn into after the explosion?
3. How old is Mikey?
4. What does Molly rename the trailer?
5. How long has it been since the sea monster was last on land?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the sea monster find its prey?
2. How does Winston respond when Val requests that he replace the placebos with real medication?
3. Why did Jim Beer agree to turn his ranch into a methamphetamine lab?
4. According to Joseph Leander, how did Bess really die?
5. What happens to Theo at the end of the novel?
6. How is the Sheriff caught, and what is his punishment?
7. How does Theo react to the news that there's been an explosion at the gas station?
8. What happens to the sea monster at the end of the novel?
9. How is the sea monster lured back to the sea?
10. Why is Theo suddenly called away from his investigation into Bess Leander's suicide?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)