|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Bess Leander have?
2. What odd job does Mikey do around the neighborhood?
(a) He rakes leaves.
(b) He paints fences.
(c) He sells newspapers.
(d) He mows lawns.
3. What type of animals does Gabe Fenton tag and track?
4. Where does Gabe keep all his information about the animals he tracks?
(a) On his computer.
(b) In spiral bound notebooks.
(c) In his head.
(d) On cocktail napkins.
5. Which of the following emotions can the sea monster smell?
6. Who attacks Smiley and Catfish while they are asleep, the night after they sold hunks of their fish?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan.
(b) The Black Panthers.
(c) A mob of angry women.
(d) A fisherman with a metal hook.
7. What is Estelle's last name?
8. How do the men in the hardware store treat Molly?
(a) Like she is invisible.
(b) Like she is crazy.
(c) Like she is a queen.
(d) Like she is stupid.
9. What is the name of Val's receptionist?
10. Which of the following hardware store employees is eaten alive by the trailer?
11. What does Estelle add to her paintings before considering any of them complete?
(a) A storm.
(b) A monster.
(c) A star.
(d) A boat.
12. What does Bess' husband give to Theo from Bess' medicine cabinet?
13. What does Estelle do for a living?
(a) She is a poet.
(b) She is an artist.
(c) She is a dancer.
(d) She is a fish monger.
14. Which of the following men does NOT work at the hardware store?
15. How long has it been since the sea monster was last on land?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 5000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the mood in the Slug's Head?
2. How long has Theo been in his current profession?
3. How much money is Catfish expecting to get in exchange for selling the massive fish he hauled out of the water?
4. To whom does Molly lie about Mikey?
5. What does Theo do for a living?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)