|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert's primary job at Guilty Pleasures?
2. Who does Richard send to help Anita and Ronnie question Smitz?
3. At Elvira's house, what sort of creature wounds Zerbrowski?
4. Jean-Claude gives which vampire a choice between appearing in Raina's films or going into a coffin, at Guilty Pleasures?
5. After protecting Louie from the police, how does Anita contact Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Anita separates Richard and Jean-Claude during an argument in her apartment, why does Jean-Claude ultimately laugh and gloat, content to depart without a kiss from Anita?
2. Until being separated from Richard by Anita during an argument in Anita's apartment, why does Jean-Claude refuse to leave Anita's apartment until Anita kisses him?
3. Why does Anita try to dissuade Richard from accompanying her to the nature center, following a call from Williams?
4. How does Raina ultimately convince Smitz to admit that he killed his wife?
5. When Anita notices something familiar about Gabriel, why is this significant?
6. How does Richard try to save Anita while they are in Kaspar's basement?
7. The day after Richard and Jean-Claude argued in Anita's apartment, Ronnie calls Anita to share what evidence regarding the Smitz case?
8. After Anita finds the body of Williams, what does Kaspar say to Anita during a phone call?
9. Near the end of the novel, who is placed in the two cages in Kaspar's basement?
10. When Richard and Stephen arrive to help Anita and Louie, why does Stephen offer to drive Anita to Guilty Pleasures?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Early in the novel, Anita kills Alfred in self-defense. Later Anita kills Aikensen for revenge, if not self-defense. Why does Richard show such disapproval for her actions? Is this related to his unwillingness to kill Marcus and take over leadership of his pack?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the mechanics of dominance in a wolf pack. Why does Richard challenge Marcus for the position of pack leader, then defeat Marcus, and ultimately refuse to kill Marcus and assume his rightful position?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of dark humor in the novel. Please reference at least three examples from the text.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)