Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita do to protect Louie from being discovered by the police,?
2. After Anita receives a call from Williams, why does Anita try to talk Richard out of going with her to visit Williams?
3. At the home of Williams, Anita finds the bodies of Williams and how many others?
4. At Guilty Pleasures, what does Raina say Jean-Claude has promised to her?
5. After learning that Louie is missing, Anita realizes that Elvira is what sort of preternatural creature?
Essay Topic 1
What techniques does the author use to interweave lycanthropic and vampiric lore into her story, gradually and unobtrusively? How do Laurell K. Hamilton's werecreatures and vampires differ from others you have "met" in books or movies?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the complicated romantic relationships of Anita and Richard, and of Anita and Jean-Claude. Which, if either, preternatural creature seems most suited to a lifelong partnership with Anita? How does Anita's past contribute to her tendency to hold both men at a distance?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the scene in which Louie rescues Anita from Gretchen, then Anita rescues Louie from Gretchen, and, most importantly, Anita nurtures and protects the unconscious and vulnerable wererat as he changes back into his human form. How does this scene serve to cement a fragile yet important connection between humans and preternatural creatures in the novel's world?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)