|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stephen's primary job at Guilty Pleasures?
2. What explanation does Jean-Claude offer for not coming to Anita's aid against Gabriel at Guilty Pleasures?
3. After questioning Smitz, why does Anita suddenly realize she needs to question the naga in the hospital?
4. Jean-Claude gives which vampire a choice between appearing in Raina's films or going into a coffin, at Guilty Pleasures?
5. Following the encounter between Anita, Gretchen, and Louie, what transformation does Louie undergo while unconscious?
Short Essay Questions
1. Near Washington University, how does Anita help Louie after he suffers injuries?
2. As explained by Anita in Jean-Claude's office, how do Anita's feelings for Richard compare with her feelings for Jean-Claude?
3. What happens to Louie when he comes to the aid of Anita near Washington University?
4. When Anita notices something familiar about Gabriel, why is this significant?
5. After Anita separates Richard and Jean-Claude during an argument in her apartment, why does Jean-Claude ultimately laugh and gloat, content to depart without a kiss from Anita?
6. After Anita announces her engagement, what is significant about the arrival of Raina and Gabriel at the office of Jean-Claude?
7. Why does Anita try to dissuade Richard from accompanying her to the nature center, following a call from Williams?
8. Near the end of the novel, who is placed in the two cages in Kaspar's basement?
9. Following the arrest of Elvira, why does Williams call Anita on the phone?
10. How does Gabriel respond to pain, first from his silver earrings and then from the silver knife Anita uses to slice his stomach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the corruption of some police officers, as depicted in the novel. What leads some officers, such as Titus and Aikensen, to corruption, while others travel the path of what is right?
Essay Topic 2
What techniques does the author use to interweave lycanthropic and vampiric lore into her story, gradually and unobtrusively? How do Laurell K. Hamilton's werecreatures and vampires differ from others you have "met" in books or movies?
Essay Topic 3
How do Burt and Dolph, Anita's two bosses, interact with her in the course of the novel? What point is the author making about women in the work force by Anita's disparate attitudes toward the two men?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)