|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the hospital, Anita receives a call from Richard informing her that Louie is missing after supposedly meeting with whom?
2. After questioning Smitz, why does Anita suddenly realize she needs to question the naga in the hospital?
3. Who does Richard send to help Anita and Ronnie question Smitz?
4. After protecting Louie from the police, how does Anita contact Richard?
5. Who offers to be hunted in exchange for Anita's release from a cage in Kaspar's basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. As explained by Anita in Jean-Claude's office, how do Anita's feelings for Richard compare with her feelings for Jean-Claude?
2. The day after Richard and Jean-Claude argued in Anita's apartment, Ronnie calls Anita to share what evidence regarding the Smitz case?
3. What is Kaspar's motive for betraying his fellow lycanthropes by supplying them to hunters for sport?
4. Following the arrest of Elvira, why does Williams call Anita on the phone?
5. How does Richard try to save Anita while they are in Kaspar's basement?
6. How does Raina ultimately convince Smitz to admit that he killed his wife?
7. After Anita announces her engagement, what is significant about the arrival of Raina and Gabriel at the office of Jean-Claude?
8. Why does Anita try to dissuade Richard from accompanying her to the nature center, following a call from Williams?
9. What does Gretchen do to Anita after Anita leaves Washington University, and what is her motivation?
10. Near Washington University, how does Anita help Louie after he suffers injuries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the swan skin sent to Anita by Edward near the end of the novel. Why does Anita approve of the skin, and why does boyfriend Richard disapprove? Is this a suitable "final resting place" for Kaspar?
Essay Topic 2
What are the primary motivations of Raina, an important antagonist in the novel, as the plot develops? What are her motivations in toying with Jean-Claude and Anita's attraction for each other? What are her motivations in manipulating the werecreatures in Marcus' pack? Why does she choose to produce pornographic movies?
Essay Topic 3
What are the religious undertones present in "The Lunatic Cafe?" Is the cross-wearing Anita likely to be a Christian? Why or why not? Is the belief in preternatural creatures incompatible with a belief in God?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)