|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Edward frequently follow Anita throughout the course of "The Lunatic Cafe?"
2. What does Gretchen do to facilitate Anita's entry into Guilty Pleasures?
3. How was Jean-Claude able to enter Anita's apartment without being let in, while Anita was investigating the skin in the river?
4. What sort of preternatural creature is Louie?
5. At the hospital, why can't Anita question the naga right away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the religious undertones present in "The Lunatic Cafe?" Is the cross-wearing Anita likely to be a Christian? Why or why not? Is the belief in preternatural creatures incompatible with a belief in God?
Essay Topic 2
Early in the novel, Anita kills Alfred in self-defense. Later Anita kills Aikensen for revenge, if not self-defense. Why does Richard show such disapproval for her actions? Is this related to his unwillingness to kill Marcus and take over leadership of his pack?
Essay Topic 3
What comparisons can be made between protagonist Anita and the evil Kaspar, in their strong need to overcompensate for their perceived shortcomings? Why is Anita's method of coping better than Kaspar's?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)