|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stephen's primary job at Guilty Pleasures?
2. After learning that Anita is engaged, what does Jean-Claude ask Anita to do?
3. Why doesn't Anita want Richard to go to Guilty Pleasures with her?
4. What reason does Kaspar give for being cursed as a swan?
5. Following the encounter between Anita, Gretchen, and Louie, what transformation does Louie undergo while unconscious?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Raina ultimately convince Smitz to admit that he killed his wife?
2. How does Gabriel respond to pain, first from his silver earrings and then from the silver knife Anita uses to slice his stomach?
3. After Anita finds the body of Williams, what does Kaspar say to Anita during a phone call?
4. In Jean-Claude's office, what does Raina do in an attempt to make Anita jealous?
5. What is Kaspar's role in Raina's porn movies?
6. After Anita announces her engagement, what is significant about the arrival of Raina and Gabriel at the office of Jean-Claude?
7. The day after Richard and Jean-Claude argued in Anita's apartment, Ronnie calls Anita to share what evidence regarding the Smitz case?
8. During an argument in Anita's apartment, what happens when Anita attempts to separate Richard and Jean-Claude?
9. What happens to Louie when he comes to the aid of Anita near Washington University?
10. Why did Elvira and other witches skin the naga?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What techniques does the author employ, to build suspense as the story develops, to provide a reasonable number of clues, and to avoid giving away the ending too early in the story? Is the novel successful as a thriller?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the mechanics of dominance in a wolf pack. Why does Richard challenge Marcus for the position of pack leader, then defeat Marcus, and ultimately refuse to kill Marcus and assume his rightful position?
Essay Topic 3
Does the author succeed in describing pornography without crossing the line into creating pornography? Why does the author choose to include pornographic scenes? How does the pornographic video further plot development or assist with character development?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)