|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Kaspar's basement, who is put into a cage with Richard?
2. After protecting Louie from the police, how does Anita contact Richard?
3. What reason does Kaspar give for betraying other preternatural creatures?
4. What motivation does Gabriel offer for his willingness to assist Anita in questioning Smitz?
5. After Elvira was arrested, who is found in Elvira's basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Anita announces her engagement, what is significant about the arrival of Raina and Gabriel at the office of Jean-Claude?
2. What happens to Louie when he comes to the aid of Anita near Washington University?
3. Near Washington University, how does Anita help Louie after he suffers injuries?
4. After Anita finds the body of Williams, what does Kaspar say to Anita during a phone call?
5. After Anita separates Richard and Jean-Claude during an argument in her apartment, why does Jean-Claude ultimately laugh and gloat, content to depart without a kiss from Anita?
6. When Richard and Stephen arrive to help Anita and Louie, why does Stephen offer to drive Anita to Guilty Pleasures?
7. What is Kaspar's role in Raina's porn movies?
8. What does Gretchen do to Anita after Anita leaves Washington University, and what is her motivation?
9. How does Gabriel respond to pain, first from his silver earrings and then from the silver knife Anita uses to slice his stomach?
10. The day after Richard and Jean-Claude argued in Anita's apartment, Ronnie calls Anita to share what evidence regarding the Smitz case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the mechanics of dominance in a wolf pack. Why does Richard challenge Marcus for the position of pack leader, then defeat Marcus, and ultimately refuse to kill Marcus and assume his rightful position?
Essay Topic 2
How do Burt and Dolph, Anita's two bosses, interact with her in the course of the novel? What point is the author making about women in the work force by Anita's disparate attitudes toward the two men?
Essay Topic 3
Early in the novel, Anita kills Alfred in self-defense. Later Anita kills Aikensen for revenge, if not self-defense. Why does Richard show such disapproval for her actions? Is this related to his unwillingness to kill Marcus and take over leadership of his pack?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)