|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Kaspar confesses to his crimes, who is found in a cage in Kaspar's basement?
2. After someone falls in the river, what does Anita conclude?
3. The morning after Jean-Claude visited Anita's apartment, Ronnie calls Anita to discuss what new evidence in the Smitz case?
4. What do the paramedics do for the creature who grabbed Anita's arm from the river?
5. Following the encounter between Anita, Gretchen, and Louie, what transformation does Louie undergo while unconscious?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Anita announces her engagement, what is significant about the arrival of Raina and Gabriel at the office of Jean-Claude?
2. Describe the creature whose skin is found in a river in Jefferson County.
3. Why did Elvira and other witches skin the naga?
4. What happens to Louie when he comes to the aid of Anita near Washington University?
5. What does Gretchen do to Anita after Anita leaves Washington University, and what is her motivation?
6. During an argument in Anita's apartment, what happens when Anita attempts to separate Richard and Jean-Claude?
7. Until being separated from Richard by Anita during an argument in Anita's apartment, why does Jean-Claude refuse to leave Anita's apartment until Anita kisses him?
8. When Richard and Stephen arrive to help Anita and Louie, why does Stephen offer to drive Anita to Guilty Pleasures?
9. Following the arrest of Elvira, why does Williams call Anita on the phone?
10. When Anita notices something familiar about Gabriel, why is this significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the author succeed in describing pornography without crossing the line into creating pornography? Why does the author choose to include pornographic scenes? How does the pornographic video further plot development or assist with character development?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the mechanics of dominance in a wolf pack. Why does Richard challenge Marcus for the position of pack leader, then defeat Marcus, and ultimately refuse to kill Marcus and assume his rightful position?
Essay Topic 3
What techniques does the author use to interweave lycanthropic and vampiric lore into her story, gradually and unobtrusively? How do Laurell K. Hamilton's werecreatures and vampires differ from others you have "met" in books or movies?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)