|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The morning after Jean-Claude visited Anita's apartment, Ronnie calls Anita to discuss what new evidence in the Smitz case?
2. Following the encounter between Anita, Gretchen, and Louie, why does Gretchen want Anita to visit Guilty Pleasures?
3. After leaving Williams' house, where does Anita encounter Titus and Aikensen?
4. After Anita leaves Washington University, what does Gretchen do?
5. Which preternatural creatures, in the world of "The Lunatic Cafe," are able to detect lies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gretchen do to Anita after Anita leaves Washington University, and what is her motivation?
2. After Anita finds the body of Williams, what does Kaspar say to Anita during a phone call?
3. How does Richard try to save Anita while they are in Kaspar's basement?
4. Near Washington University, how does Anita help Louie after he suffers injuries?
5. Describe the creature whose skin is found in a river in Jefferson County.
6. What is Kaspar's role in Raina's porn movies?
7. What is Kaspar's motive for betraying his fellow lycanthropes by supplying them to hunters for sport?
8. How does Gabriel respond to pain, first from his silver earrings and then from the silver knife Anita uses to slice his stomach?
9. After Anita separates Richard and Jean-Claude during an argument in her apartment, why does Jean-Claude ultimately laugh and gloat, content to depart without a kiss from Anita?
10. What happens to Louie when he comes to the aid of Anita near Washington University?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the numerous creative ways that the preternatural creatures in "The Lunatic Cafe" manage to assimilate themselves into the human population of St. Louis. Why do the preternatural creatures choose to stay hidden, rather than work together to take over modern civilization?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use settings to enhance the mood and further the plot in "The Lunatic Cafe?" Are the fictional settings described as convincingly as the settings that actually exist in St. Louis (The Fox Theatre and Washington University)?
Essay Topic 3
What is the main theme of "The Lunatic Cafe?" How do the actions of Anita, the protagonist, serve to uphold this theme?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)