|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After protecting Louie from the police, how does Anita contact Richard?
2. Who refuses to leave Anita's apartment without a kiss goodbye?
3. While at the hospital, Anita receives a call from Richard informing her that Louie is missing after supposedly meeting with whom?
4. What does Anita do to protect Louie from being discovered by the police,?
5. Following the encounter between Anita, Gretchen, and Louie, what transformation does Louie undergo while unconscious?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Anita separates Richard and Jean-Claude during an argument in her apartment, why does Jean-Claude ultimately laugh and gloat, content to depart without a kiss from Anita?
2. How does Gabriel respond to pain, first from his silver earrings and then from the silver knife Anita uses to slice his stomach?
3. As explained by Anita in Jean-Claude's office, how do Anita's feelings for Richard compare with her feelings for Jean-Claude?
4. What is Kaspar's role in Raina's porn movies?
5. Why did Elvira and other witches skin the naga?
6. In Jean-Claude's office, what does Raina do in an attempt to make Anita jealous?
7. Describe the creature whose skin is found in a river in Jefferson County.
8. Near the end of the novel, who is placed in the two cages in Kaspar's basement?
9. Why does Anita try to dissuade Richard from accompanying her to the nature center, following a call from Williams?
10. After Anita announces her engagement, what is significant about the arrival of Raina and Gabriel at the office of Jean-Claude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the corruption of some police officers, as depicted in the novel. What leads some officers, such as Titus and Aikensen, to corruption, while others travel the path of what is right?
Essay Topic 2
What is the main theme of "The Lunatic Cafe?" How do the actions of Anita, the protagonist, serve to uphold this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the numerous crimes solved by Anita during the course of the novel. For each, consider any major incorrect theories Anita might have held, and detail the important clue that led her to the correct conclusion.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)