|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kisses Jean-Claude and drapes herself around him at Guilty Pleasures?
2. What two things cause lycanthropes to change form faster?
3. When Anita puts her arm in the river, who grabs her?
4. What is Robert's primary job at Guilty Pleasures?
5. At the hospital, why can't Anita question the naga right away?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Jean-Claude's office, what does Raina do in an attempt to make Anita jealous?
2. What is Kaspar's role in Raina's porn movies?
3. Why does Anita try to dissuade Richard from accompanying her to the nature center, following a call from Williams?
4. What happens to Louie when he comes to the aid of Anita near Washington University?
5. Describe the creature whose skin is found in a river in Jefferson County.
6. When Richard and Stephen arrive to help Anita and Louie, why does Stephen offer to drive Anita to Guilty Pleasures?
7. As explained by Anita in Jean-Claude's office, how do Anita's feelings for Richard compare with her feelings for Jean-Claude?
8. During an argument in Anita's apartment, what happens when Anita attempts to separate Richard and Jean-Claude?
9. The day after Richard and Jean-Claude argued in Anita's apartment, Ronnie calls Anita to share what evidence regarding the Smitz case?
10. Near the end of the novel, who is placed in the two cages in Kaspar's basement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the swan skin sent to Anita by Edward near the end of the novel. Why does Anita approve of the skin, and why does boyfriend Richard disapprove? Is this a suitable "final resting place" for Kaspar?
Essay Topic 2
What comparisons can be made between protagonist Anita and the evil Kaspar, in their strong need to overcompensate for their perceived shortcomings? Why is Anita's method of coping better than Kaspar's?
Essay Topic 3
Does the author succeed in describing pornography without crossing the line into creating pornography? Why does the author choose to include pornographic scenes? How does the pornographic video further plot development or assist with character development?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)