|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Kaspar confesses to his crimes, who is found in a cage in Kaspar's basement?
2. Williams tells Anita that he also reported the strange sound on his owl recording to whom?
3. Who offers to be hunted in exchange for Anita's release from a cage in Kaspar's basement?
4. When Anita puts her arm in the river, who grabs her?
5. What is Stephen's primary job at Guilty Pleasures?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the complicated romantic relationships of Anita and Richard, and of Anita and Jean-Claude. Which, if either, preternatural creature seems most suited to a lifelong partnership with Anita? How does Anita's past contribute to her tendency to hold both men at a distance?
Essay Topic 2
What are the primary motivations of Raina, an important antagonist in the novel, as the plot develops? What are her motivations in toying with Jean-Claude and Anita's attraction for each other? What are her motivations in manipulating the werecreatures in Marcus' pack? Why does she choose to produce pornographic movies?
Essay Topic 3
What techniques does the author use to interweave lycanthropic and vampiric lore into her story, gradually and unobtrusively? How do Laurell K. Hamilton's werecreatures and vampires differ from others you have "met" in books or movies?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)