|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the paramedics do for the creature who grabbed Anita's arm from the river?
2. What sort of preternatural creature is Louie?
3. Who drains the life force from Gretchen at Guilty Pleasures?
4. Who does Richard send to help Anita and Ronnie question Smitz?
5. After Anita leaves Washington University, what does Gretchen do?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the mechanics of dominance in a wolf pack. Why does Richard challenge Marcus for the position of pack leader, then defeat Marcus, and ultimately refuse to kill Marcus and assume his rightful position?
Essay Topic 2
What techniques does the author use to interweave lycanthropic and vampiric lore into her story, gradually and unobtrusively? How do Laurell K. Hamilton's werecreatures and vampires differ from others you have "met" in books or movies?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the scene in which Louie rescues Anita from Gretchen, then Anita rescues Louie from Gretchen, and, most importantly, Anita nurtures and protects the unconscious and vulnerable wererat as he changes back into his human form. How does this scene serve to cement a fragile yet important connection between humans and preternatural creatures in the novel's world?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)