|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Anita after she leaves Richard, Jean-Claude, and the theater?
2. What sort of preternatural creature is Richard?
3. How does Ronnie respond to Anita during their morning activities, when Anita explains why she is angry with Richard?
4. For whom does Anita yell, after she is ordered to leave the crime scene?
5. How did Richard become a preternatural creature?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rafael save Anita from Jason, and who is holding Anita and nibbling her neck?
2. Why is Anita hesitant to date Jean-Claude?
3. Describe Gretchen, the person who attacks Anita after she leaves The Fox.
4. Why does Kaspar wish to hire Anita?
5. How does Richard react to viewing the video in Edward's hotel?
6. Write a brief synopsis of the video Edward shows to Anita at Edward's hotel. Please keep the description appropriate for a classroom audience.
7. Describe Anita's boyfriend, Richard.
8. The morning after Anita shot Alfred, what do Anita and Ronnie do?
9. Why does Anita leave Richard and Jean-Claude at the theater without saying goodbye?
10. Why is Anita worried when she learns that Richard has a Rodgers and Hammerstein collection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Early in the novel, Anita kills Alfred in self-defense. Later Anita kills Aikensen for revenge, if not self-defense. Why does Richard show such disapproval for her actions? Is this related to his unwillingness to kill Marcus and take over leadership of his pack?
Essay Topic 2
What are the primary motivations of Raina, an important antagonist in the novel, as the plot develops? What are her motivations in toying with Jean-Claude and Anita's attraction for each other? What are her motivations in manipulating the werecreatures in Marcus' pack? Why does she choose to produce pornographic movies?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the mechanics of dominance in a wolf pack. Why does Richard challenge Marcus for the position of pack leader, then defeat Marcus, and ultimately refuse to kill Marcus and assume his rightful position?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)