|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Anita's meeting with Marcus and other shapeshifters, what statement from Marcus angers Anita?
2. With whom does Anita leave her meeting?
3. During Anita's meeting with Marcus and other shapeshifters, what explanation does Marcus offer for Anita's presence?
4. What is the first name of Smitz's wife?
5. Who does Anita date, at the beginning of "The Lunatic Cafe?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcus state that he is just as responsible for Alfred's death as Anita, after Anita shoots Alfred?
2. Why does Anita leave Richard and Jean-Claude at the theater without saying goodbye?
3. At the Lunatic Cafe, who does Raina threaten and why?
4. What happens to Anita when she arrives at the crime scene with the dead hunter?
5. Why is Anita worried when she learns that Richard has a Rodgers and Hammerstein collection?
6. During the meeting between Marcus, Anita, and the pack, what statement first sparks an argument?
7. Why does Kaspar wish to hire Anita?
8. How does Rafael save Anita from Jason, and who is holding Anita and nibbling her neck?
9. When Anita arrives home from the crime scene involving a dead hunter, who is waiting for her and why?
10. When Anita and Kaspar meet to discuss the missing lycanthropes, why is Anita unable to get more information from Kaspar than was already available in Marcus' file?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the primary motivations of Raina, an important antagonist in the novel, as the plot develops? What are her motivations in toying with Jean-Claude and Anita's attraction for each other? What are her motivations in manipulating the werecreatures in Marcus' pack? Why does she choose to produce pornographic movies?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the mechanics of dominance in a wolf pack. Why does Richard challenge Marcus for the position of pack leader, then defeat Marcus, and ultimately refuse to kill Marcus and assume his rightful position?
Essay Topic 3
How do Burt and Dolph, Anita's two bosses, interact with her in the course of the novel? What point is the author making about women in the work force by Anita's disparate attitudes toward the two men?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)