Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of Smitz's wife?
2. During a meeting between Anita and Kaspar, how is Kaspar's conversation limited?
3. When Anita and Richard meet for dinner after Anita's meeting with Kaspar, what sort of food do the two eat?
4. By what descriptive title is Anita known?
5. During a phone conversation between Anita and Edward, following Anita's meeting with Marcus and the shapeshifters, what does Edward say he would like to show to Anita?
Short Essay Questions
1. The morning after Anita shot Alfred, what do Anita and Ronnie do?
2. During an argument in Anita's apartment, what happens when Anita attempts to separate Richard and Jean-Claude?
3. Describe Louie, who Anita meets at Washington University the morning after viewing Edward's video.
4. Near the end of the novel, what is in the package that Edward sends to Anita?
5. Why does Marcus state that he is just as responsible for Alfred's death as Anita, after Anita shoots Alfred?
6. During their meeting at Washington University, what request and/or advice does Louie give to Anita regarding Richard?
7. What does Gretchen do to Anita after Anita leaves Washington University, and what is her motivation?
8. While Anita is near the theater, talking with Richard and Jean-Claude, why does Dolph page Anita?
9. How does Gabriel respond to pain, first from his silver earrings and then from the silver knife Anita uses to slice his stomach?
10. After Anita and Edward leave Kaspar's basement, what does Richard do?
Discuss the numerous crimes solved by Anita during the course of the novel. For each, consider any major incorrect theories Anita might have held, and detail the important clue that led her to the correct conclusion.
Early in the novel, Anita kills Alfred in self-defense. Later Anita kills Aikensen for revenge, if not self-defense. Why does Richard show such disapproval for her actions? Is this related to his unwillingness to kill Marcus and take over leadership of his pack?
Describe the complicated romantic relationships of Anita and Richard, and of Anita and Jean-Claude. Which, if either, preternatural creature seems most suited to a lifelong partnership with Anita? How does Anita's past contribute to her tendency to hold both men at a distance?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)