|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Anita first arrives at the crime scene, following her date with Richard, who orders her to leave the scene?
2. What sort of preternatural creature is Kaspar?
3. In the movie Edward shows to Anita, who kills the only woman in the scene?
4. After the musical, who pages Anita?
5. What is the occupation of Louie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anita leave Richard and Jean-Claude at the theater without saying goodbye?
2. After Anita and Richard see "Guys and Dolls," what does Jean-Claude say that causes Anita to become angry with Richard?
3. During the meeting between Marcus, Anita, and the pack, what statement first sparks an argument?
4. Describe Gretchen, the person who attacks Anita after she leaves The Fox.
5. After Anita returns home from the meeting where she shot Alfred, what do she and Edward discuss on the phone?
6. Describe Anita's boyfriend, Richard.
7. While Anita is near the theater, talking with Richard and Jean-Claude, why does Dolph page Anita?
8. Why is Anita hesitant to date Jean-Claude?
9. How does Rafael save Anita from Jason, and who is holding Anita and nibbling her neck?
10. At the Lunatic Cafe, who does Raina threaten and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the corruption of some police officers, as depicted in the novel. What leads some officers, such as Titus and Aikensen, to corruption, while others travel the path of what is right?
Essay Topic 2
What are the religious undertones present in "The Lunatic Cafe?" Is the cross-wearing Anita likely to be a Christian? Why or why not? Is the belief in preternatural creatures incompatible with a belief in God?
Essay Topic 3
Early in the novel, Anita kills Alfred in self-defense. Later Anita kills Aikensen for revenge, if not self-defense. Why does Richard show such disapproval for her actions? Is this related to his unwillingness to kill Marcus and take over leadership of his pack?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)