|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the city where "The Lunatic Cafe" is set, who is the leader of the local wolf pack?
2. In the movie Edward shows to Anita, who is the second man seen?
3. Who does Anita date, at the beginning of "The Lunatic Cafe?"
4. In the movie Edward shows to Anita, who kills the only woman in the scene?
5. What sort of preternatural creature is Kaspar?
Short Essay Questions
1. The morning after Anita shot Alfred, what do Anita and Ronnie do?
2. Why is Anita hesitant to date Jean-Claude?
3. During their meeting at Washington University, what request and/or advice does Louie give to Anita regarding Richard?
4. What happens to Anita when she arrives at the crime scene with the dead hunter?
5. How does Rafael save Anita from Jason, and who is holding Anita and nibbling her neck?
6. What are the positions within the wolf pack of Marcus, Raina, and Alfred?
7. When Richard and Anita share Chinese food, what is the nature of their argument?
8. What weapon does Alfred find when he searches Anita in a room near the Lunatic Cafe, and what weapon does he fail to find?
9. During the meeting between Marcus, Anita, and the pack, what statement first sparks an argument?
10. After Anita shoots and kills Alfred, what do most of the lycanthropes in the meeting do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the author succeed in describing pornography without crossing the line into creating pornography? Why does the author choose to include pornographic scenes? How does the pornographic video further plot development or assist with character development?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the scene in which Louie rescues Anita from Gretchen, then Anita rescues Louie from Gretchen, and, most importantly, Anita nurtures and protects the unconscious and vulnerable wererat as he changes back into his human form. How does this scene serve to cement a fragile yet important connection between humans and preternatural creatures in the novel's world?
Essay Topic 3
What are the primary motivations of Raina, an important antagonist in the novel, as the plot develops? What are her motivations in toying with Jean-Claude and Anita's attraction for each other? What are her motivations in manipulating the werecreatures in Marcus' pack? Why does she choose to produce pornographic movies?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)