|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the musical, why does Anita become angry with Richard?
2. What does Rafael do to rescue Anita from the werewolf who is holding her and mouthing her neck?
3. What sort of preternatural creature is Kaspar?
4. After the musical, who pages Anita?
5. After Anita's meeting with Elvira, Burt explains that Kaspar wants to hire Anita for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anita's boyfriend, Richard.
2. How does Richard react to viewing the video in Edward's hotel?
3. During their meeting at Washington University, what request and/or advice does Louie give to Anita regarding Richard?
4. How does Rafael save Anita from Jason, and who is holding Anita and nibbling her neck?
5. What weapon does Alfred find when he searches Anita in a room near the Lunatic Cafe, and what weapon does he fail to find?
6. Why is Anita hesitant to date Jean-Claude?
7. At the Lunatic Cafe, who does Raina threaten and why?
8. What are the positions within the wolf pack of Marcus, Raina, and Alfred?
9. After Anita and Richard see "Guys and Dolls," what does Jean-Claude say that causes Anita to become angry with Richard?
10. Why does Kaspar wish to hire Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What comparisons can be made between protagonist Anita and the evil Kaspar, in their strong need to overcompensate for their perceived shortcomings? Why is Anita's method of coping better than Kaspar's?
Essay Topic 2
What techniques does the author employ, to build suspense as the story develops, to provide a reasonable number of clues, and to avoid giving away the ending too early in the story? Is the novel successful as a thriller?
Essay Topic 3
Does the author succeed in describing pornography without crossing the line into creating pornography? Why does the author choose to include pornographic scenes? How does the pornographic video further plot development or assist with character development?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)