|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Anita and Ronnie?
2. What sort of preternatural creature is Rafael?
3. How do the lycanthropes in the meeting treat the body of the shapeshifter Anita killed?
4. Where do Anita and Irving go to meet with Marcus?
5. What sort of preternatural creature is Kaspar?
Short Essay Questions
1. During their meeting at Washington University, what request and/or advice does Louie give to Anita regarding Richard?
2. After Anita shoots and kills Alfred, what do most of the lycanthropes in the meeting do?
3. Write a brief synopsis of the video Edward shows to Anita at Edward's hotel. Please keep the description appropriate for a classroom audience.
4. Describe Gretchen, the person who attacks Anita after she leaves The Fox.
5. Why does Kaspar wish to hire Anita?
6. Describe Anita's boyfriend, Richard.
7. What weapon does Alfred find when he searches Anita in a room near the Lunatic Cafe, and what weapon does he fail to find?
8. When Anita arrives home from the crime scene involving a dead hunter, who is waiting for her and why?
9. Why does Marcus state that he is just as responsible for Alfred's death as Anita, after Anita shoots Alfred?
10. When Anita and Kaspar meet to discuss the missing lycanthropes, why is Anita unable to get more information from Kaspar than was already available in Marcus' file?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the complicated romantic relationships of Anita and Richard, and of Anita and Jean-Claude. Which, if either, preternatural creature seems most suited to a lifelong partnership with Anita? How does Anita's past contribute to her tendency to hold both men at a distance?
Essay Topic 2
What are the religious undertones present in "The Lunatic Cafe?" Is the cross-wearing Anita likely to be a Christian? Why or why not? Is the belief in preternatural creatures incompatible with a belief in God?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of dark humor in the novel. Please reference at least three examples from the text.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)