|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the movie Edward shows to Anita, who is the second man seen?
2. At the beginning of the novel, why is Anita angry with Burt?
3. What sort of hair does Kaspar have?
4. What does Rafael do to rescue Anita from the werewolf who is holding her and mouthing her neck?
5. Who does Anita date, at the beginning of "The Lunatic Cafe?"
Short Essay Questions
1. After Anita and Richard see "Guys and Dolls," what does Jean-Claude say that causes Anita to become angry with Richard?
2. What weapon does Alfred find when he searches Anita in a room near the Lunatic Cafe, and what weapon does he fail to find?
3. What are the positions within the wolf pack of Marcus, Raina, and Alfred?
4. How does Richard react to viewing the video in Edward's hotel?
5. After Anita shoots and kills Alfred, what do most of the lycanthropes in the meeting do?
6. What happens to Anita when she arrives at the crime scene with the dead hunter?
7. Why does Kaspar wish to hire Anita?
8. Why is Anita worried when she learns that Richard has a Rodgers and Hammerstein collection?
9. While Anita is near the theater, talking with Richard and Jean-Claude, why does Dolph page Anita?
10. Describe Gretchen, the person who attacks Anita after she leaves The Fox.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Early in the novel, Anita kills Alfred in self-defense. Later Anita kills Aikensen for revenge, if not self-defense. Why does Richard show such disapproval for her actions? Is this related to his unwillingness to kill Marcus and take over leadership of his pack?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the scene in which Louie rescues Anita from Gretchen, then Anita rescues Louie from Gretchen, and, most importantly, Anita nurtures and protects the unconscious and vulnerable wererat as he changes back into his human form. How does this scene serve to cement a fragile yet important connection between humans and preternatural creatures in the novel's world?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use settings to enhance the mood and further the plot in "The Lunatic Cafe?" Are the fictional settings described as convincingly as the settings that actually exist in St. Louis (The Fox Theatre and Washington University)?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)