|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of hair does Kaspar have?
2. What sort of preternatural creature is Raina?
3. The morning after Anita's meeting with Marcus and the shapeshifters, what do Anita and Ronnie do?
4. Early in the novel, which character wishes to win the heart of Anita?
5. After Anita kills a shapeshifter, who is the one shapeshifter in the meeting who is not drawn to the scent of blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gretchen attempt to do to the minds of a police officer and Anita near The Fox?
2. After Anita returns home from the meeting where she shot Alfred, what do she and Edward discuss on the phone?
3. Why does George Smitz hesitate to go to the police for help in finding his missing wife?
4. When Anita and Kaspar meet to discuss the missing lycanthropes, why is Anita unable to get more information from Kaspar than was already available in Marcus' file?
5. After Anita shoots and kills Alfred, what do most of the lycanthropes in the meeting do?
6. Where does Anita work, and what sort of work does she do?
7. What are the positions within the wolf pack of Marcus, Raina, and Alfred?
8. When Richard and Anita share Chinese food, what is the nature of their argument?
9. During the meeting between Marcus, Anita, and the pack, what statement first sparks an argument?
10. At the Lunatic Cafe, who does Raina threaten and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the complicated romantic relationships of Anita and Richard, and of Anita and Jean-Claude. Which, if either, preternatural creature seems most suited to a lifelong partnership with Anita? How does Anita's past contribute to her tendency to hold both men at a distance?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the mechanics of dominance in a wolf pack. Why does Richard challenge Marcus for the position of pack leader, then defeat Marcus, and ultimately refuse to kill Marcus and assume his rightful position?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the swan skin sent to Anita by Edward near the end of the novel. Why does Anita approve of the skin, and why does boyfriend Richard disapprove? Is this a suitable "final resting place" for Kaspar?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)