|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After conversing with Irving, Anita agrees to meet with Marcus under what condition?
2. What is a lycanthrope?
3. What does Kaspar recommend Anita should read?
4. What is the occupation of Louie?
5. What happens to Anita after she leaves Richard, Jean-Claude, and the theater?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Anita arrives home from the crime scene involving a dead hunter, who is waiting for her and why?
2. The morning after Anita shot Alfred, what do Anita and Ronnie do?
3. Why is Anita hesitant to date Jean-Claude?
4. What happens to Anita when she arrives at the crime scene with the dead hunter?
5. What theory does Titus propose regarding the body at the crime scene?
6. Where does Anita work, and what sort of work does she do?
7. Why does George Smitz hesitate to go to the police for help in finding his missing wife?
8. What weapon does Alfred find when he searches Anita in a room near the Lunatic Cafe, and what weapon does he fail to find?
9. How does Rafael save Anita from Jason, and who is holding Anita and nibbling her neck?
10. Why does Kaspar wish to hire Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the complicated romantic relationships of Anita and Richard, and of Anita and Jean-Claude. Which, if either, preternatural creature seems most suited to a lifelong partnership with Anita? How does Anita's past contribute to her tendency to hold both men at a distance?
Essay Topic 2
Why, throughout most of "The Lunatic Cafe," does Anita resent any attempt by Richard to protect her? Why, near the end of the novel, is Anita grateful when Richard tries to rescue her from Jason?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use settings to enhance the mood and further the plot in "The Lunatic Cafe?" Are the fictional settings described as convincingly as the settings that actually exist in St. Louis (The Fox Theatre and Washington University)?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)