|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the lycanthropes in the meeting treat the body of the shapeshifter Anita killed?
2. When Anita and Richard meet for dinner after Anita's meeting with Kaspar, what sort of food do the two eat?
3. What does Kaspar recommend Anita should read?
4. How does Anita respond to Richard's important question?
5. From the Lunatic Cafe, Anita and Irving are led to the end of a hallway and see what two men standing on a platform?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anita worried when she learns that Richard has a Rodgers and Hammerstein collection?
2. Describe Anita's boyfriend, Richard.
3. The morning after Anita shot Alfred, what do Anita and Ronnie do?
4. What weapon does Alfred find when he searches Anita in a room near the Lunatic Cafe, and what weapon does he fail to find?
5. Describe Gretchen, the person who attacks Anita after she leaves The Fox.
6. Why does Marcus state that he is just as responsible for Alfred's death as Anita, after Anita shoots Alfred?
7. When Anita arrives home from the crime scene involving a dead hunter, who is waiting for her and why?
8. During the meeting between Marcus, Anita, and the pack, what statement first sparks an argument?
9. After Anita returns home from the meeting where she shot Alfred, what do she and Edward discuss on the phone?
10. Where does Anita work, and what sort of work does she do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Early in the novel, Anita kills Alfred in self-defense. Later Anita kills Aikensen for revenge, if not self-defense. Why does Richard show such disapproval for her actions? Is this related to his unwillingness to kill Marcus and take over leadership of his pack?
Essay Topic 2
What is the main theme of "The Lunatic Cafe?" How do the actions of Anita, the protagonist, serve to uphold this theme?
Essay Topic 3
How do events early in "The Lunatic Cafe" foreshadow the events that follow? Does the end flow logically from the beginning, or does the end come as a surprise?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)