|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Anita leave her meeting?
2. Where do Anita and Irving go to meet with Marcus?
3. What is the profession of Raina?
4. After Ronnie recommends that Anita should obtain photos of the missing shapeshifters, who does Anita plan to ask?
5. Before Anita leaves her meeting with Marcus and the shapeshifters, what does Marcus give to Anita?
Short Essay Questions
1. The morning after Anita shot Alfred, what do Anita and Ronnie do?
2. Why is Anita worried when she learns that Richard has a Rodgers and Hammerstein collection?
3. When Richard and Anita share Chinese food, what is the nature of their argument?
4. Write a brief synopsis of the video Edward shows to Anita at Edward's hotel. Please keep the description appropriate for a classroom audience.
5. Where does Anita work, and what sort of work does she do?
6. Describe Gretchen, the person who attacks Anita after she leaves The Fox.
7. Why does Anita leave Richard and Jean-Claude at the theater without saying goodbye?
8. Describe Anita's boyfriend, Richard.
9. Why does George Smitz hesitate to go to the police for help in finding his missing wife?
10. How does Richard react to viewing the video in Edward's hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the scene in which Louie rescues Anita from Gretchen, then Anita rescues Louie from Gretchen, and, most importantly, Anita nurtures and protects the unconscious and vulnerable wererat as he changes back into his human form. How does this scene serve to cement a fragile yet important connection between humans and preternatural creatures in the novel's world?
Essay Topic 2
Why, throughout most of "The Lunatic Cafe," does Anita resent any attempt by Richard to protect her? Why, near the end of the novel, is Anita grateful when Richard tries to rescue her from Jason?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the corruption of some police officers, as depicted in the novel. What leads some officers, such as Titus and Aikensen, to corruption, while others travel the path of what is right?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)