|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During a meeting between Anita and Kaspar, how is Kaspar's conversation limited?
2. What sort of preternatural creature is Raina?
3. After viewing Edward's movie, why does Anita retire to the bathroom while Edward finishes his steak dinner?
4. How old is Anita?
5. Why doesn't Gretchen's special power affect Anita?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Anita returns home from the meeting where she shot Alfred, what do she and Edward discuss on the phone?
2. Why is Anita hesitant to date Jean-Claude?
3. After Anita shoots and kills Alfred, what do most of the lycanthropes in the meeting do?
4. While Anita is near the theater, talking with Richard and Jean-Claude, why does Dolph page Anita?
5. What theory does Titus propose regarding the body at the crime scene?
6. When Anita and Kaspar meet to discuss the missing lycanthropes, why is Anita unable to get more information from Kaspar than was already available in Marcus' file?
7. Why does Kaspar wish to hire Anita?
8. Describe Gretchen, the person who attacks Anita after she leaves The Fox.
9. What weapon does Alfred find when he searches Anita in a room near the Lunatic Cafe, and what weapon does he fail to find?
10. The morning after Anita shot Alfred, what do Anita and Ronnie do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the complicated romantic relationships of Anita and Richard, and of Anita and Jean-Claude. Which, if either, preternatural creature seems most suited to a lifelong partnership with Anita? How does Anita's past contribute to her tendency to hold both men at a distance?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use settings to enhance the mood and further the plot in "The Lunatic Cafe?" Are the fictional settings described as convincingly as the settings that actually exist in St. Louis (The Fox Theatre and Washington University)?
Essay Topic 3
What is the main theme of "The Lunatic Cafe?" How do the actions of Anita, the protagonist, serve to uphold this theme?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)