|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Anita leave her meeting?
2. After the musical, who pages Anita?
3. Before Anita leaves her meeting with Marcus and the shapeshifters, what does Marcus give to Anita?
4. Why do the police request Anita's help at a crime scene after the musical?
5. After the musical, why does Anita become angry with Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the positions within the wolf pack of Marcus, Raina, and Alfred?
2. Why is Anita hesitant to date Jean-Claude?
3. Why is Anita worried when she learns that Richard has a Rodgers and Hammerstein collection?
4. After Anita shoots and kills Alfred, what do most of the lycanthropes in the meeting do?
5. Why does Marcus state that he is just as responsible for Alfred's death as Anita, after Anita shoots Alfred?
6. Why does George Smitz hesitate to go to the police for help in finding his missing wife?
7. What theory does Titus propose regarding the body at the crime scene?
8. What does Gretchen attempt to do to the minds of a police officer and Anita near The Fox?
9. After Anita returns home from the meeting where she shot Alfred, what do she and Edward discuss on the phone?
10. After Anita and Richard see "Guys and Dolls," what does Jean-Claude say that causes Anita to become angry with Richard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What techniques does the author use to interweave lycanthropic and vampiric lore into her story, gradually and unobtrusively? How do Laurell K. Hamilton's werecreatures and vampires differ from others you have "met" in books or movies?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use settings to enhance the mood and further the plot in "The Lunatic Cafe?" Are the fictional settings described as convincingly as the settings that actually exist in St. Louis (The Fox Theatre and Washington University)?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the complicated romantic relationships of Anita and Richard, and of Anita and Jean-Claude. Which, if either, preternatural creature seems most suited to a lifelong partnership with Anita? How does Anita's past contribute to her tendency to hold both men at a distance?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)