|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the movie Edward shows to Anita, what is unusual about the first man seen?
2. During Anita's meeting with Marcus and other shapeshifters, what explanation does Marcus offer for Anita's presence?
3. Why do the police request Anita's help at a crime scene after the musical?
4. During Anita's meeting with Marcus and other shapeshifters, what statement from Marcus angers Anita?
5. What happens to Anita after she leaves Richard, Jean-Claude, and the theater?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anita's boyfriend, Richard.
2. When Anita arrives home from the crime scene involving a dead hunter, who is waiting for her and why?
3. How does Rafael save Anita from Jason, and who is holding Anita and nibbling her neck?
4. When Anita and Kaspar meet to discuss the missing lycanthropes, why is Anita unable to get more information from Kaspar than was already available in Marcus' file?
5. Why is Anita hesitant to date Jean-Claude?
6. Why does Elvira wish to hire Anita?
7. Why does Marcus state that he is just as responsible for Alfred's death as Anita, after Anita shoots Alfred?
8. After Anita shoots and kills Alfred, what do most of the lycanthropes in the meeting do?
9. What does Gretchen attempt to do to the minds of a police officer and Anita near The Fox?
10. What happens to Anita when she arrives at the crime scene with the dead hunter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the numerous creative ways that the preternatural creatures in "The Lunatic Cafe" manage to assimilate themselves into the human population of St. Louis. Why do the preternatural creatures choose to stay hidden, rather than work together to take over modern civilization?
Essay Topic 2
What is the main theme of "The Lunatic Cafe?" How do the actions of Anita, the protagonist, serve to uphold this theme?
Essay Topic 3
What techniques does the author use to interweave lycanthropic and vampiric lore into her story, gradually and unobtrusively? How do Laurell K. Hamilton's werecreatures and vampires differ from others you have "met" in books or movies?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)