|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Anita and Richard meet for dinner after Anita's meeting with Kaspar, what sort of food do the two eat?
2. Who suggests that Alfred should disarm Anita, after she pulls a weapon?
3. How does Anita respond to Richard's important question?
4. During a phone conversation between Anita and Edward, following Anita's meeting with Marcus and the shapeshifters, what does Edward say he would like to show to Anita?
5. Where is Louie employed?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Anita and Edward leave Kaspar's basement, what does Richard do?
2. How does Richard try to save Anita while they are in Kaspar's basement?
3. Why did Elvira and other witches skin the naga?
4. As Anita escapes from her cage in Kaspar's basement, what violent act does she commit?
5. During their meeting at Washington University, what request and/or advice does Louie give to Anita regarding Richard?
6. Near the end of the novel, who is placed in the two cages in Kaspar's basement?
7. At the Lunatic Cafe, who does Raina threaten and why?
8. How does Raina ultimately convince Smitz to admit that he killed his wife?
9. Why is Anita hesitant to date Jean-Claude?
10. During the meeting between Marcus, Anita, and the pack, what statement first sparks an argument?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the swan skin sent to Anita by Edward near the end of the novel. Why does Anita approve of the skin, and why does boyfriend Richard disapprove? Is this a suitable "final resting place" for Kaspar?
Essay Topic 2
Early in the novel, Anita kills Alfred in self-defense. Later Anita kills Aikensen for revenge, if not self-defense. Why does Richard show such disapproval for her actions? Is this related to his unwillingness to kill Marcus and take over leadership of his pack?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of dark humor in the novel. Please reference at least three examples from the text.
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)