|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Anita's meeting with Marcus and other shapeshifters, what statement from Marcus angers Anita?
2. According to Richard, how did Raina convince Marcus to sanction pornography between humans and shapeshifters?
3. What is the occupation of Louie?
4. What musical do Anita and Richard see at the theater?
5. After Anita leaves Richard and Jean-Claude near the theater, what special power does Gretchen exhibit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does George Smitz hesitate to go to the police for help in finding his missing wife?
2. During the meeting between Marcus, Anita, and the pack, what statement first sparks an argument?
3. When Richard and Anita share Chinese food, what is the nature of their argument?
4. Describe Anita's boyfriend, Richard.
5. The morning after Anita shot Alfred, what do Anita and Ronnie do?
6. After Anita and Richard see "Guys and Dolls," what does Jean-Claude say that causes Anita to become angry with Richard?
7. After Anita returns home from the meeting where she shot Alfred, what do she and Edward discuss on the phone?
8. What does Gretchen attempt to do to the minds of a police officer and Anita near The Fox?
9. How does Rafael save Anita from Jason, and who is holding Anita and nibbling her neck?
10. When Anita and Kaspar meet to discuss the missing lycanthropes, why is Anita unable to get more information from Kaspar than was already available in Marcus' file?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the primary motivations of Raina, an important antagonist in the novel, as the plot develops? What are her motivations in toying with Jean-Claude and Anita's attraction for each other? What are her motivations in manipulating the werecreatures in Marcus' pack? Why does she choose to produce pornographic movies?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the mechanics of dominance in a wolf pack. Why does Richard challenge Marcus for the position of pack leader, then defeat Marcus, and ultimately refuse to kill Marcus and assume his rightful position?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of dark humor in the novel. Please reference at least three examples from the text.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)