|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that Alfred should disarm Anita, after she pulls a weapon?
2. How old is Anita?
3. When Anita examines the folder given to her by Marcus, what does she find?
4. What sort of preternatural creature is Rafael?
5. Where is Louie employed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gretchen do to Anita after Anita leaves Washington University, and what is her motivation?
2. When Richard and Anita share Chinese food, what is the nature of their argument?
3. How does Richard react to viewing the video in Edward's hotel?
4. The morning after Anita shot Alfred, what do Anita and Ronnie do?
5. What are the positions within the wolf pack of Marcus, Raina, and Alfred?
6. What is Kaspar's motive for betraying his fellow lycanthropes by supplying them to hunters for sport?
7. After Anita and Edward leave Kaspar's basement, what does Richard do?
8. What happens to Louie when he comes to the aid of Anita near Washington University?
9. Why does George Smitz hesitate to go to the police for help in finding his missing wife?
10. How does Raina ultimately convince Smitz to admit that he killed his wife?
Essay Topic 1
What comparisons can be made between protagonist Anita and the evil Kaspar, in their strong need to overcompensate for their perceived shortcomings? Why is Anita's method of coping better than Kaspar's?
Essay Topic 2
What are the religious undertones present in "The Lunatic Cafe?" Is the cross-wearing Anita likely to be a Christian? Why or why not? Is the belief in preternatural creatures incompatible with a belief in God?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the mechanics of dominance in a wolf pack. Why does Richard challenge Marcus for the position of pack leader, then defeat Marcus, and ultimately refuse to kill Marcus and assume his rightful position?
This section contains 1,369 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)