|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical do Anita and Richard see at the theater?
2. How did Richard become a preternatural creature?
3. In the movie Edward shows to Anita, who kills the only woman in the scene?
4. When Anita examines the folder given to her by Marcus, what does she find?
5. At the beginning of "The Lunatic Cafe," why does Anita ignore the temptation to date the character who wishes to win her heart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anita worried when she learns that Richard has a Rodgers and Hammerstein collection?
2. When Anita and Kaspar meet to discuss the missing lycanthropes, why is Anita unable to get more information from Kaspar than was already available in Marcus' file?
3. At the Lunatic Cafe, who does Raina threaten and why?
4. While Anita is near the theater, talking with Richard and Jean-Claude, why does Dolph page Anita?
5. Describe Anita's boyfriend, Richard.
6. After Anita returns home from the meeting where she shot Alfred, what do she and Edward discuss on the phone?
7. Why does Anita leave Richard and Jean-Claude at the theater without saying goodbye?
8. Describe Louie, who Anita meets at Washington University the morning after viewing Edward's video.
9. When Anita arrives home from the crime scene involving a dead hunter, who is waiting for her and why?
10. Why does Elvira wish to hire Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Early in the novel, Anita kills Alfred in self-defense. Later Anita kills Aikensen for revenge, if not self-defense. Why does Richard show such disapproval for her actions? Is this related to his unwillingness to kill Marcus and take over leadership of his pack?
Essay Topic 2
How do events early in "The Lunatic Cafe" foreshadow the events that follow? Does the end flow logically from the beginning, or does the end come as a surprise?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the swan skin sent to Anita by Edward near the end of the novel. Why does Anita approve of the skin, and why does boyfriend Richard disapprove? Is this a suitable "final resting place" for Kaspar?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)