|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Jean-Claude offer for not coming to Anita's aid against Gabriel at Guilty Pleasures?
(a) Assisting her would go against the vampire code, because Anita is dominant.
(b) Assisting her would go against pack law, because Anita is dominant.
(c) Assisting her would go against the vampire code, because Gabriel is dominant.
(d) Assisting her would go against pack law, because Gabriel is dominant.
2. Following the encounter between Anita, Gretchen, and Louie, what transformation does Louie undergo while unconscious?
(a) He changes from a wererat into human form, naked and bleeding.
(b) He changes from human into a wererat.
(c) He reveals his vampire soul.
(d) He changes from a werewolf into human form, naked and bleeding.
3. After someone falls in the river, what does Anita conclude?
(a) An unseen preternatural creature pushed them into the river.
(b) No dangerous snakes are in the area.
(c) No spell has been cast in the area.
(d) A drowning spell has been cast in the area.
4. For what reason does Edward frequently follow Anita throughout the course of "The Lunatic Cafe?"
(a) He thinks Anita plans to appear in one of Raina's movies, and might need to be rescued.
(b) He believes Anita is involved in the case of the missing lycanthropes.
(c) He believes that there is no shortage of people that deserve to be killed when she is around.
(d) He is in love with Anita.
5. In Anita's apartment, what happens when Anita touches Richard and Jean-Claude to separate them?
(a) Richard and Jean-Claude are thrown to opposite sides of the room.
(b) Energy pulses through her and knocks her to the ground.
(c) Energy pulses through her and turns her into a lycanthrope.
(d) The three receive an electric shock, knocking them to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Anita and her companions question Smitz, who threatens him, causing him to admit that he killed his wife?
2. What sort of preternatural creature is Gretchen?
3. What sort of preternatural creature is Louie?
4. After Anita leaves Washington University, what does Louie do to help Anita?
5. The morning after Jean-Claude visited Anita's apartment, Ronnie calls Anita to discuss what new evidence in the Smitz case?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Richard and Stephen arrive to help Anita and Louie, why does Stephen offer to drive Anita to Guilty Pleasures?
2. During an argument in Anita's apartment, what happens when Anita attempts to separate Richard and Jean-Claude?
3. How does Raina ultimately convince Smitz to admit that he killed his wife?
4. After Anita separates Richard and Jean-Claude during an argument in her apartment, why does Jean-Claude ultimately laugh and gloat, content to depart without a kiss from Anita?
5. What is Kaspar's motive for betraying his fellow lycanthropes by supplying them to hunters for sport?
6. Until being separated from Richard by Anita during an argument in Anita's apartment, why does Jean-Claude refuse to leave Anita's apartment until Anita kisses him?
7. When Anita notices something familiar about Gabriel, why is this significant?
8. In Jean-Claude's office, what does Raina do in an attempt to make Anita jealous?
9. After Anita finds the body of Williams, what does Kaspar say to Anita during a phone call?
10. Why does Anita try to dissuade Richard from accompanying her to the nature center, following a call from Williams?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)