|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the home of Williams, Anita finds the bodies of Williams and how many others?
2. What explanation does Smitz offer for his appearance?
(a) He has been helping his father-in-law repaint a bedroom.
(b) He has been overcome with worry over his wife's disappearance.
(c) He has decided to grow a beard.
(d) He has been helping his father-in-law with some butcher work.
3. After Anita leaves Washington University, what does Gretchen do?
(a) Gretchen hugs Anita.
(b) Gretchen asks Anita to help her find a missing lycanthrope.
(c) Gretchen attacks Anita.
(d) Gretchen steals Anita's purse.
4. The morning after Jean-Claude visited Anita's apartment, Ronnie calls Anita to discuss what new evidence in the Smitz case?
(a) Photos of Smitz with another woman and proof that he recently purchased silver bullets.
(b) Photos of Smitz's wife with another man and proof that she recently purchased airline tickets.
(c) Photos of Smitz's wife with another man and proof that he recently purchased silver bullets.
(d) Photos of Smitz with another woman and proof that he recently purchased airline tickets.
5. What sort of preternatural creature is Louie?
(a) A werewolf.
(b) A wererat.
(c) A witch.
(d) A vampire.
Short Answer Questions
1. After learning that Anita is engaged, what does Jean-Claude ask Anita to do?
2. After Anita leaves Washington University, what does Louie do to help Anita?
3. Following the encounter between Anita, Gretchen, and Louie, why does Gretchen want Anita to visit Guilty Pleasures?
4. The morning after Jean-Claude visited Anita's apartment, Richard calls Anita to announce the disappearance of whom?
5. What item does Anita refuse to give up at the entrance of Guilty Pleasures?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard try to save Anita while they are in Kaspar's basement?
2. Near the end of the novel, who is placed in the two cages in Kaspar's basement?
3. When Anita notices something familiar about Gabriel, why is this significant?
4. During an argument in Anita's apartment, what happens when Anita attempts to separate Richard and Jean-Claude?
5. What is Kaspar's role in Raina's porn movies?
6. How does Gabriel respond to pain, first from his silver earrings and then from the silver knife Anita uses to slice his stomach?
7. Why did Elvira and other witches skin the naga?
8. Following Gretchen's actions near Washington University, how does Jean-Claude punish Gretchen for disobeying his orders?
9. What happens to Louie when he comes to the aid of Anita near Washington University?
10. After Anita announces her engagement, what is significant about the arrival of Raina and Gabriel at the office of Jean-Claude?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)