|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After someone falls in the river, what does Anita conclude?
(a) An unseen preternatural creature pushed them into the river.
(b) A drowning spell has been cast in the area.
(c) No dangerous snakes are in the area.
(d) No spell has been cast in the area.
2. At the hospital, why can't Anita question the naga right away?
(a) The naga does not wish to see Anita.
(b) She has to wait for Dolph.
(c) She has to wait for Titus.
(d) The naga is on life support.
3. Near the end of "The Lunatic Cafe," Kaspar confesses that hunters pay him for what service?
(a) Kaspar supplies wolves for them to hunt.
(b) Kaspar supplies human bait to attract wild predators.
(c) Kaspar supplies lycanthropes for them to hunt.
(d) Kaspar supplies them with illegal porn videos.
4. What item does Anita refuse to give up at the entrance of Guilty Pleasures?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her cross.
(c) Her weapons.
(d) Her phone.
5. The morning after Jean-Claude visited Anita's apartment, Ronnie calls Anita to discuss what new evidence in the Smitz case?
(a) Photos of Smitz's wife with another man and proof that she recently purchased airline tickets.
(b) Photos of Smitz's wife with another man and proof that he recently purchased silver bullets.
(c) Photos of Smitz with another woman and proof that he recently purchased airline tickets.
(d) Photos of Smitz with another woman and proof that he recently purchased silver bullets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Jean-Claude able to enter Anita's apartment without being let in, while Anita was investigating the skin in the river?
2. What sort of strange sound does Williams report hearing on his owl recording?
3. After Anita receives a call from Williams, why does Anita try to talk Richard out of going with her to visit Williams?
4. Anita recognizes Gabriel's eyes from where?
5. After Elvira was arrested, who is found in Elvira's basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. The day after Richard and Jean-Claude argued in Anita's apartment, Ronnie calls Anita to share what evidence regarding the Smitz case?
2. Near the end of the novel, who is placed in the two cages in Kaspar's basement?
3. What is Kaspar's role in Raina's porn movies?
4. As explained by Anita in Jean-Claude's office, how do Anita's feelings for Richard compare with her feelings for Jean-Claude?
5. After Anita finds the body of Williams, what does Kaspar say to Anita during a phone call?
6. In Jean-Claude's office, what does Raina do in an attempt to make Anita jealous?
7. How does Raina ultimately convince Smitz to admit that he killed his wife?
8. What happens to Louie when he comes to the aid of Anita near Washington University?
9. Near Washington University, how does Anita help Louie after he suffers injuries?
10. What does Gretchen do to Anita after Anita leaves Washington University, and what is her motivation?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)