|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Richard become a preternatural creature?
(a) He contracted the disease after being vaccinated against it.
(b) He is the son of two preternatural creatures.
(c) He was cursed by a witch.
(d) He was bitten by a shapeshifter.
2. What sort of preternatural creature is Kaspar?
(a) A wereswan.
(b) A werewolf.
(c) A werepanther.
(d) A wererat.
3. When Alfred searches Anita in the room near the cafe, what does he fail to remove?
(a) Her knives.
(b) Her Firestar.
(c) Her pager.
(d) Her Browning.
4. How old is Gretchen?
(a) Approximately 20 years old.
(b) Approximately 200 years old.
(c) Approximately 300 years old.
(d) Approximately 30 years old.
5. During a meeting between Anita and Kaspar, how is Kaspar's conversation limited?
(a) He cannot speak of Raina.
(b) He cannot speak of Marcus.
(c) He can only answer questions that Jean-Claude wants him to answer.
(d) He can only answer questions that Marcus wants him to answer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the lycanthropes in the meeting treat the body of the shapeshifter Anita killed?
2. In the movie Edward shows to Anita, who kills the only woman in the scene?
3. After the musical, why does Anita become angry with Richard?
4. What is the primary occupation of Anita Blake?
5. By what descriptive title is Anita known?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the meeting between Marcus, Anita, and the pack, what statement first sparks an argument?
2. When Anita arrives home from the crime scene involving a dead hunter, who is waiting for her and why?
3. After Anita announces her engagement, what is significant about the arrival of Raina and Gabriel at the office of Jean-Claude?
4. What does Gretchen do to Anita after Anita leaves Washington University, and what is her motivation?
5. When Richard and Anita share Chinese food, what is the nature of their argument?
6. Why does Elvira wish to hire Anita?
7. What does Gretchen attempt to do to the minds of a police officer and Anita near The Fox?
8. Write a brief synopsis of the video Edward shows to Anita at Edward's hotel. Please keep the description appropriate for a classroom audience.
9. How does Rafael save Anita from Jason, and who is holding Anita and nibbling her neck?
10. After Anita returns home from the meeting where she shot Alfred, what do she and Edward discuss on the phone?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)