|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Anita leaves Richard and Jean-Claude near the theater, what special power does Gretchen exhibit?
(a) The power to shapeshift.
(b) The power to summon preternatural creatures.
(c) The power to cloud the minds of humans.
(d) The power to become invisible.
2. What is a lycanthrope?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A werewolf or other were-creature.
(c) Someone who does not like people.
(d) Someone who does not like animals.
3. How does Ronnie respond to Anita during their morning activities, when Anita explains why she is angry with Richard?
(a) Ronnie encourages Anita to break up with him.
(b) Ronnie admits that she has feelings for Richard.
(c) Ronnie encourages Anita to take revenge on Richard.
(d) Ronnie says Richard did not lie, but merely neglected to tell her everything.
4. During their first meeting, what does Elvira ask Anita to do?
(a) Connect her with a werepanther.
(b) Connect her with the vampire community.
(c) Help her find her lost love.
(d) Connect her with a wererat.
5. After Anita kills a shapeshifter, who is the one shapeshifter in the meeting who is not drawn to the scent of blood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of preternatural creature is Raina?
2. Why doesn't Gretchen's special power affect Anita?
3. When a death might involve some sort of preternatural creature, what is standard operation procedure?
4. What is the first name of Smitz's wife?
5. Who suggests that Alfred should disarm Anita, after she pulls a weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Anita finds the body of Williams, what does Kaspar say to Anita during a phone call?
2. What theory does Titus propose regarding the body at the crime scene?
3. Why does Marcus state that he is just as responsible for Alfred's death as Anita, after Anita shoots Alfred?
4. Describe Gretchen, the person who attacks Anita after she leaves The Fox.
5. Describe the creature whose skin is found in a river in Jefferson County.
6. Near the end of the novel, what does Anita do with the item sent to her by Edward?
7. After Anita and Edward leave Kaspar's basement, what does Richard do?
8. Why does George Smitz hesitate to go to the police for help in finding his missing wife?
9. Where does Anita work, and what sort of work does she do?
10. When Richard and Anita share Chinese food, what is the nature of their argument?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)