|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Jean-Claude offer for not coming to Anita's aid against Gabriel at Guilty Pleasures?
(a) Assisting her would go against pack law, because Anita is dominant.
(b) Assisting her would go against the vampire code, because Anita is dominant.
(c) Assisting her would go against the vampire code, because Gabriel is dominant.
(d) Assisting her would go against pack law, because Gabriel is dominant.
2. The morning after Jean-Claude visited Anita's apartment, Ronnie calls Anita to discuss what new evidence in the Smitz case?
(a) Photos of Smitz with another woman and proof that he recently purchased airline tickets.
(b) Photos of Smitz with another woman and proof that he recently purchased silver bullets.
(c) Photos of Smitz's wife with another man and proof that she recently purchased airline tickets.
(d) Photos of Smitz's wife with another man and proof that he recently purchased silver bullets.
3. What sort of preternatural creature is Louie?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A wererat.
(c) A witch.
(d) A werewolf.
4. At the hospital, why can't Anita question the naga right away?
(a) She has to wait for Titus.
(b) The naga is on life support.
(c) She has to wait for Dolph.
(d) The naga does not wish to see Anita.
5. Who is the owner of Guilty Pleasures?
6. What does Gabriel do after Anita slices his stomach with a silver knife at Guilty Pleasures?
(a) He vaporizes.
(b) He groans and asks for more.
(c) He dies.
(d) He struggles and crawls toward a coffin.
7. What reason does Kaspar give for being cursed as a swan?
(a) His father was also cursed as a swan.
(b) A naga turned him into a wereswan after saving him from drowning in a river.
(c) He was bitten by a swan when he was a child.
(d) A witch changed him to make him kinder.
8. Following the encounter between Anita, Gretchen, and Louie, why does Gretchen want Anita to visit Guilty Pleasures?
(a) To make Richard jealous.
(b) To bring Jean-Claude and Anita together as a couple.
(c) To tell Jean-Claude that Anita is engaged to marry Richard.
(d) To help Gretchen find employment.
9. What motivation does Gabriel offer for his willingness to assist Anita in questioning Smitz?
(a) He is happy to have Marcus and Richard owe him a favor.
(b) Smitz' wife is a friend of his.
(c) He is happy to have Anita owe him a favor.
(d) Ronnie is a friend of his.
10. What sort of strange sound does Williams report hearing on his owl recording?
(a) A hyena.
(b) An incomprehensible chant.
(c) A panther.
(d) Wolf howls.
11. Which preternatural creatures, in the world of "The Lunatic Cafe," are able to detect lies?
12. As Anita and her companions question Smitz, who threatens him, causing him to admit that he killed his wife?
(d) His father-in-law.
13. What does Richard say makes it difficult for him to control the wolf within?
(a) His jealousy.
(b) The approaching full moon.
(c) His hunger, since he did not have dinner.
(d) His attraction to Anita.
14. Why doesn't Anita want Richard to go to Guilty Pleasures with her?
(a) Anita thinks Richard would kill Jean-Claude.
(b) Anita wants Richard to flirt with Gretchen.
(c) Anita thinks Jean-Claude would kill Richard.
(d) Anita does not want Richard to know she is going to Guilty Pleasures.
15. Who falls in the river where the skin was found?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees to drive Anita to the hospital from Smitz' house?
2. What two things cause lycanthropes to change form faster?
3. While at the hospital, Anita receives a call from Richard informing her that Louie is missing after supposedly meeting with whom?
4. After Anita receives a call from Williams, why does Anita try to talk Richard out of going with her to visit Williams?
5. Who kisses Jean-Claude and drapes herself around him at Guilty Pleasures?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)