|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the encounter between Anita, Gretchen, and Louie, why does Gretchen want Anita to visit Guilty Pleasures?
(a) To bring Jean-Claude and Anita together as a couple.
(b) To make Richard jealous.
(c) To help Gretchen find employment.
(d) To tell Jean-Claude that Anita is engaged to marry Richard.
2. For what reason does Edward frequently follow Anita throughout the course of "The Lunatic Cafe?"
(a) He believes that there is no shortage of people that deserve to be killed when she is around.
(b) He thinks Anita plans to appear in one of Raina's movies, and might need to be rescued.
(c) He is in love with Anita.
(d) He believes Anita is involved in the case of the missing lycanthropes.
3. At Guilty Pleasures, what does Raina say Jean-Claude has promised to her?
(a) Jean-Claude has promised to supply lycanthropes to take part in her films.
(b) Jean-Claude has promised to supply vampires to take part in her films.
(c) Jean-Claude has promised to supply money to finance her films.
(d) Jean-Claude has promised to appear in one of her films.
4. Why doesn't Anita want Richard to go to Guilty Pleasures with her?
(a) Anita does not want Richard to know she is going to Guilty Pleasures.
(b) Anita thinks Richard would kill Jean-Claude.
(c) Anita thinks Jean-Claude would kill Richard.
(d) Anita wants Richard to flirt with Gretchen.
5. What does Anita do to protect Louie from being discovered by the police,?
(a) She asks Gretchen to take him to Guilty Pleasures.
(b) She covers him with a blanket and hides him behind a shrub.
(c) She covers him with her coat and carries him to her Jeep.
(d) She asks Jean-Claude to take him home.
6. As Anita and her companions question Smitz, who threatens him, causing him to admit that he killed his wife?
(b) His father-in-law.
7. At Guilty Pleasures, what does Anita admit to Jean-Claude, regarding her innermost feelings?
(a) Anita admits that she misses her mother.
(b) Anita admits that she loves Jean-Claude in a way.
(c) Anita admits that she is having an affair.
(d) Anita admits that she does not know how to love.
8. After Anita leaves Washington University, what does Gretchen do?
(a) Gretchen attacks Anita.
(b) Gretchen asks Anita to help her find a missing lycanthrope.
(c) Gretchen steals Anita's purse.
(d) Gretchen hugs Anita.
9. Who offers to be hunted in exchange for Anita's release from a cage in Kaspar's basement?
10. After questioning Smitz, why does Anita suddenly realize she needs to question the naga in the hospital?
(a) Kaspar might have wanted his skin to become something other than a swan.
(b) The naga might have staged the crime.
(c) A witch might have wanted to use his skin for shapeshifting.
(d) The naga might still be in danger.
11. What is Stephen's primary job at Guilty Pleasures?
12. What sort of preternatural creature is Gretchen?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A witch.
(c) A werewolf.
(d) A wererat.
13. Who calls Anita in the middle of the night regarding a skin found in the river?
14. How was Jean-Claude able to enter Anita's apartment without being let in, while Anita was investigating the skin in the river?
(a) Jean-Claude, as Master of the City, has a universal key.
(b) A past invitation from Richard allowed Jean-Claude unlimited reentry.
(c) A past invitation from Anita allowed Jean-Claude unlimited reentry.
(d) Jean-Claude flew in through an air duct.
15. What does Gretchen do to facilitate Anita's entry into Guilty Pleasures?
(a) She threatens to rip Robert's throat out.
(b) She threatens to rip Stephen's throat out.
(c) She sneaks Anita in through a back door.
(d) She says Anita is actually a vampire.
Short Answer Questions
1. After learning that Anita is engaged, what does Jean-Claude ask Anita to do?
2. After Anita leaves Washington University, what does Louie do to help Anita?
3. What reason does Kaspar give for being cursed as a swan?
4. Who drains the life force from Gretchen at Guilty Pleasures?
5. Who agrees to drive Anita to the hospital from Smitz' house?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)