|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the encounter between Anita, Gretchen, and Louie, what transformation does Louie undergo while unconscious?
(a) He changes from human into a wererat.
(b) He changes from a werewolf into human form, naked and bleeding.
(c) He changes from a wererat into human form, naked and bleeding.
(d) He reveals his vampire soul.
2. In Anita's apartment, what happens when Anita touches Richard and Jean-Claude to separate them?
(a) The three receive an electric shock, knocking them to the ground.
(b) Energy pulses through her and knocks her to the ground.
(c) Richard and Jean-Claude are thrown to opposite sides of the room.
(d) Energy pulses through her and turns her into a lycanthrope.
3. What do the paramedics do for the creature who grabbed Anita's arm from the river?
(a) They restrain him until a specialist can be brought in to ward off evil spells.
(b) They restrain him and send him to the psych ward.
(c) They turn him over to the police after a brief physical examination.
(d) They wrap him in a saline drenched blanket and take him to the hospital.
4. After Anita receives a call from Williams, why does Anita try to talk Richard out of going with her to visit Williams?
(a) Richard will change soon because of the full moon.
(b) Williams does not trust Richard.
(c) Anita is angry with Richard.
(d) Anita wants to see Williams alone.
5. Who calls Anita in the middle of the night regarding a skin found in the river?
6. Following the encounter between Anita, Gretchen, and Louie, why does Gretchen want Anita to visit Guilty Pleasures?
(a) To make Richard jealous.
(b) To bring Jean-Claude and Anita together as a couple.
(c) To tell Jean-Claude that Anita is engaged to marry Richard.
(d) To help Gretchen find employment.
7. What does Gretchen do to facilitate Anita's entry into Guilty Pleasures?
(a) She says Anita is actually a vampire.
(b) She sneaks Anita in through a back door.
(c) She threatens to rip Stephen's throat out.
(d) She threatens to rip Robert's throat out.
8. At the home of Williams, Anita finds the bodies of Williams and how many others?
9. At Guilty Pleasures, what does Raina say Jean-Claude has promised to her?
(a) Jean-Claude has promised to supply lycanthropes to take part in her films.
(b) Jean-Claude has promised to appear in one of her films.
(c) Jean-Claude has promised to supply vampires to take part in her films.
(d) Jean-Claude has promised to supply money to finance her films.
10. How does Anita prove to the police officers at Elvira's house that the creature who attacked Zerbrowski was not a lycanthrope?
(a) She casts a spell, proving it is a witch.
(b) She stabs the creature with a silver knife, revealing its vampirism.
(c) She releases a catch on the panther and strips off its stolen skin.
(d) She partially dissects the creature, proving that it is an actual panther.
11. What sort of preternatural creature is Louie?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A werewolf.
(c) A witch.
(d) A wererat.
12. What explanation does Jean-Claude offer for not coming to Anita's aid against Gabriel at Guilty Pleasures?
(a) Assisting her would go against the vampire code, because Gabriel is dominant.
(b) Assisting her would go against pack law, because Anita is dominant.
(c) Assisting her would go against pack law, because Gabriel is dominant.
(d) Assisting her would go against the vampire code, because Anita is dominant.
13. In Kaspar's basement, who is put into a cage with Richard?
14. Near the end of the novel, Titus and Aikensen are shown to be guilty of what crime?
(a) They are bribed to keep the law away from Kaspar and the murderous hunters who hired him.
(b) They allow hunters to hunt endangered species.
(c) They supply lycanthropes for hunters to hunt.
(d) They sell illegal porn videos.
15. Who pages Anita while she is at Williams' house, to say he has found Jason?
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivation does Gabriel offer for his willingness to assist Anita in questioning Smitz?
2. After learning that Anita is engaged, what does Jean-Claude ask Anita to do?
3. At Elvira's house, what sort of creature wounds Zerbrowski?
4. What explanation does Smitz offer for his appearance?
5. Anita recognizes Gabriel's eyes from where?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)