|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Anita leaves Washington University, what does Gretchen do?
(a) Gretchen asks Anita to help her find a missing lycanthrope.
(b) Gretchen steals Anita's purse.
(c) Gretchen hugs Anita.
(d) Gretchen attacks Anita.
2. Following the encounter between Anita, Gretchen, and Louie, what transformation does Louie undergo while unconscious?
(a) He changes from a wererat into human form, naked and bleeding.
(b) He changes from a werewolf into human form, naked and bleeding.
(c) He reveals his vampire soul.
(d) He changes from human into a wererat.
3. Who drains the life force from Gretchen at Guilty Pleasures?
(c) An unnamed vampire.
4. What motivation does Gabriel offer for his willingness to assist Anita in questioning Smitz?
(a) He is happy to have Marcus and Richard owe him a favor.
(b) Smitz' wife is a friend of his.
(c) Ronnie is a friend of his.
(d) He is happy to have Anita owe him a favor.
5. After questioning Smitz, why does Anita suddenly realize she needs to question the naga in the hospital?
(a) A witch might have wanted to use his skin for shapeshifting.
(b) The naga might still be in danger.
(c) Kaspar might have wanted his skin to become something other than a swan.
(d) The naga might have staged the crime.
6. What part does Kaspar play in the production of Raina's films?
(a) Kaspar auditions humans to see how they react when someone pretends to bite their throats during sex.
(b) Kaspar auditions humans to see how they react when someone changes shape during sex.
(c) Kaspar manages lighting and camera angles.
(d) Kaspar writes dialogue and recruits lycanthropic actors.
7. At the home of his friend Williams, what urge does Richard fight against?
(a) The urge to argue with Anita.
(b) The urge to laugh.
(c) The urge to feed upon Williams' body.
(d) The urge to howl.
8. Who kisses Jean-Claude and drapes herself around him at Guilty Pleasures?
9. At Guilty Pleasures, what does Anita admit to Jean-Claude, regarding her innermost feelings?
(a) Anita admits that she loves Jean-Claude in a way.
(b) Anita admits that she is having an affair.
(c) Anita admits that she misses her mother.
(d) Anita admits that she does not know how to love.
10. In Kaspar's basement, who is put into a cage with Richard?
11. Who agrees to drive Anita to the hospital from Smitz' house?
12. What item does Anita refuse to give up at the entrance of Guilty Pleasures?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her weapons.
(c) Her cross.
(d) Her phone.
13. As Anita and her companions question Smitz, who threatens him, causing him to admit that he killed his wife?
(b) His father-in-law.
14. Near the end of the novel, Titus and Aikensen are shown to be guilty of what crime?
(a) They are bribed to keep the law away from Kaspar and the murderous hunters who hired him.
(b) They allow hunters to hunt endangered species.
(c) They sell illegal porn videos.
(d) They supply lycanthropes for hunters to hunt.
15. What reason does Kaspar give for betraying other preternatural creatures?
(a) He needs money because of a blackmail scheme.
(b) He is jealous of other lycanthropes because they are strong and he is cursed as a swan.
(c) He needs money to pay a witch to remove his curse.
(d) He prefers the company of vampires to lycanthropes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Anita puts her arm in the river, who grabs her?
2. What reason does Kaspar give for being cursed as a swan?
3. How was Jean-Claude able to enter Anita's apartment without being let in, while Anita was investigating the skin in the river?
4. Whose nose does Anita break at the home of Kaspar?
5. What is Robert's primary job at Guilty Pleasures?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)