|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Anita leaves Washington University, what does Louie do to help Anita?
(a) Louie attacks Gretchen.
(b) Louie calls the police.
(c) Louie helps Anita find new employment.
(d) Louie attacks Jean-Claude.
2. When Smitz greets Anita and her companions at his front door, what is unusual about his appearance?
(a) He is covered in blue paint.
(b) He is covered in blood.
(c) He has not bathed in days.
(d) He seems to be part wolf.
3. In Kaspar's basement, who is put into a cage with Richard?
4. What two things cause lycanthropes to change form faster?
(a) Sex and fear.
(b) Sex and death.
(c) Death and Fear.
(d) Laughter and fear.
5. As Anita and her companions question Smitz, who threatens him, causing him to admit that he killed his wife?
(c) His father-in-law.
6. Who agrees to drive Anita to the hospital from Smitz' house?
7. What sort of preternatural creature is Gabriel?
(a) A wererat.
(b) A werewolf.
(c) A werepanther.
(d) A vampire.
8. Who drains the life force from Gretchen at Guilty Pleasures?
(c) An unnamed vampire.
9. Which preternatural creatures, in the world of "The Lunatic Cafe," are able to detect lies?
10. Near the end of "The Lunatic Cafe," Kaspar confesses that hunters pay him for what service?
(a) Kaspar supplies human bait to attract wild predators.
(b) Kaspar supplies lycanthropes for them to hunt.
(c) Kaspar supplies them with illegal porn videos.
(d) Kaspar supplies wolves for them to hunt.
11. At the hospital, why can't Anita question the naga right away?
(a) The naga is on life support.
(b) She has to wait for Titus.
(c) The naga does not wish to see Anita.
(d) She has to wait for Dolph.
12. After Anita leaves Guilty Pleasures, why is she unhappy to find Richard in her apartment?
(a) Anita expected Richard to be with Gretchen.
(b) Anita expected Richard to be with Louie.
(c) He has cooked a meal, which Anita sees as an act of intimacy.
(d) He is watching pornographic videos on her television.
13. What reason does Kaspar give for betraying other preternatural creatures?
(a) He needs money to pay a witch to remove his curse.
(b) He is jealous of other lycanthropes because they are strong and he is cursed as a swan.
(c) He prefers the company of vampires to lycanthropes.
(d) He needs money because of a blackmail scheme.
14. What is Stephen's primary job at Guilty Pleasures?
15. What explanation does Jean-Claude offer for not coming to Anita's aid against Gabriel at Guilty Pleasures?
(a) Assisting her would go against the vampire code, because Anita is dominant.
(b) Assisting her would go against the vampire code, because Gabriel is dominant.
(c) Assisting her would go against pack law, because Anita is dominant.
(d) Assisting her would go against pack law, because Gabriel is dominant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of preternatural creature is Gretchen?
2. At the home of his friend Williams, what urge does Richard fight against?
3. Who is the owner of Guilty Pleasures?
4. What item does Anita refuse to give up at the entrance of Guilty Pleasures?
5. After questioning Smitz, why does Anita suddenly realize she needs to question the naga in the hospital?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)