|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Anita leaves Washington University, what does Gretchen do?
(a) Gretchen attacks Anita.
(b) Gretchen asks Anita to help her find a missing lycanthrope.
(c) Gretchen hugs Anita.
(d) Gretchen steals Anita's purse.
2. Williams tells Anita that he also reported the strange sound on his owl recording to whom?
3. What sort of preternatural creature is Gabriel?
(a) A wererat.
(b) A vampire.
(c) A werewolf.
(d) A werepanther.
4. What reason does Kaspar give for betraying other preternatural creatures?
(a) He needs money because of a blackmail scheme.
(b) He is jealous of other lycanthropes because they are strong and he is cursed as a swan.
(c) He needs money to pay a witch to remove his curse.
(d) He prefers the company of vampires to lycanthropes.
5. At Guilty Pleasures, Anita questions Gabriel about what jewelry?
(a) Gabriel's silver earrings.
(b) Anita's cross.
(c) Jean-Claude's silver earrings.
(d) Gabriel's silver chain.
6. Who does Richard send to help Anita and Ronnie question Smitz?
(a) Gabriel and Marcus.
(b) Raina and Kaspar.
(c) Raina and Gabriel.
(d) Marcus and Kaspar.
7. When Anita puts her arm in the river, who grabs her?
(a) A naga.
(b) A witch.
(c) An invisible preternatural creature.
(d) A weresnake.
8. Who offers to be hunted in exchange for Anita's release from a cage in Kaspar's basement?
9. As Anita and her companions question Smitz, who threatens him, causing him to admit that he killed his wife?
(b) His father-in-law.
10. What sort of preternatural creature is Louie?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A wererat.
(c) A witch.
(d) A werewolf.
11. What two things cause lycanthropes to change form faster?
(a) Laughter and fear.
(b) Sex and fear.
(c) Death and Fear.
(d) Sex and death.
12. After questioning Smitz, why does Anita suddenly realize she needs to question the naga in the hospital?
(a) A witch might have wanted to use his skin for shapeshifting.
(b) Kaspar might have wanted his skin to become something other than a swan.
(c) The naga might have staged the crime.
(d) The naga might still be in danger.
13. What do the paramedics do for the creature who grabbed Anita's arm from the river?
(a) They wrap him in a saline drenched blanket and take him to the hospital.
(b) They restrain him and send him to the psych ward.
(c) They restrain him until a specialist can be brought in to ward off evil spells.
(d) They turn him over to the police after a brief physical examination.
14. Who calls Anita in the middle of the night regarding a skin found in the river?
15. Why doesn't Anita want Richard to go to Guilty Pleasures with her?
(a) Anita thinks Jean-Claude would kill Richard.
(b) Anita thinks Richard would kill Jean-Claude.
(c) Anita wants Richard to flirt with Gretchen.
(d) Anita does not want Richard to know she is going to Guilty Pleasures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near the end of "The Lunatic Cafe," Kaspar confesses that hunters pay him for what service?
2. What explanation does Smitz offer for his appearance?
3. The morning after Jean-Claude visited Anita's apartment, Ronnie calls Anita to discuss what new evidence in the Smitz case?
4. What does Richard say makes it difficult for him to control the wolf within?
5. What sort of preternatural creature is Gretchen?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)