|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Anita and her companions question Smitz, who threatens him, causing him to admit that he killed his wife?
(a) His father-in-law.
2. After learning that Anita is engaged, what does Jean-Claude ask Anita to do?
(a) Break off her engagement with Richard.
(b) Leave town or face dire consequences.
(c) Date him as she had dated Richard.
(d) Marry Richard as soon as possible.
3. Near the end of the novel, Titus and Aikensen are shown to be guilty of what crime?
(a) They sell illegal porn videos.
(b) They allow hunters to hunt endangered species.
(c) They supply lycanthropes for hunters to hunt.
(d) They are bribed to keep the law away from Kaspar and the murderous hunters who hired him.
4. After protecting Louie from the police, how does Anita contact Richard?
(a) Anita texts him with her cell phone.
(b) Anita uses her special mental power as an animator.
(c) Anita drives to a gas station and uses a pay phone.
(d) Anita sends a friendly vampire to fly to Richard.
5. How does Anita prove to the police officers at Elvira's house that the creature who attacked Zerbrowski was not a lycanthrope?
(a) She releases a catch on the panther and strips off its stolen skin.
(b) She partially dissects the creature, proving that it is an actual panther.
(c) She stabs the creature with a silver knife, revealing its vampirism.
(d) She casts a spell, proving it is a witch.
6. What reason does Kaspar give for betraying other preternatural creatures?
(a) He needs money because of a blackmail scheme.
(b) He is jealous of other lycanthropes because they are strong and he is cursed as a swan.
(c) He needs money to pay a witch to remove his curse.
(d) He prefers the company of vampires to lycanthropes.
7. The morning after Jean-Claude visited Anita's apartment, Richard calls Anita to announce the disappearance of whom?
8. What two things cause lycanthropes to change form faster?
(a) Death and Fear.
(b) Laughter and fear.
(c) Sex and fear.
(d) Sex and death.
9. After leaving Williams' house, where does Anita encounter Titus and Aikensen?
(a) Washington University.
(b) Elvira's house.
(c) The river bank.
(d) Kaspar's house.
10. What explanation does Smitz offer for his appearance?
(a) He has been helping his father-in-law with some butcher work.
(b) He has decided to grow a beard.
(c) He has been overcome with worry over his wife's disappearance.
(d) He has been helping his father-in-law repaint a bedroom.
11. Jean-Claude gives which vampire a choice between appearing in Raina's films or going into a coffin, at Guilty Pleasures?
12. Following the encounter between Anita, Gretchen, and Louie, why does Gretchen want Anita to visit Guilty Pleasures?
(a) To help Gretchen find employment.
(b) To tell Jean-Claude that Anita is engaged to marry Richard.
(c) To make Richard jealous.
(d) To bring Jean-Claude and Anita together as a couple.
13. Who calls Anita in the middle of the night regarding a skin found in the river?
14. Who drains the life force from Gretchen at Guilty Pleasures?
(c) An unnamed vampire.
15. Who is the owner of Guilty Pleasures?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say makes it difficult for him to control the wolf within?
2. Who refuses to leave Anita's apartment without a kiss goodbye?
3. What sort of preternatural creature is Gretchen?
4. What sort of strange sound does Williams report hearing on his owl recording?
5. Who does Richard send to help Anita and Ronnie question Smitz?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)