|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of "The Lunatic Cafe," Kaspar confesses that hunters pay him for what service?
(a) Kaspar supplies human bait to attract wild predators.
(b) Kaspar supplies them with illegal porn videos.
(c) Kaspar supplies lycanthropes for them to hunt.
(d) Kaspar supplies wolves for them to hunt.
2. After Anita leaves Guilty Pleasures, why is she unhappy to find Richard in her apartment?
(a) Anita expected Richard to be with Gretchen.
(b) He has cooked a meal, which Anita sees as an act of intimacy.
(c) He is watching pornographic videos on her television.
(d) Anita expected Richard to be with Louie.
3. What does Anita do to protect Louie from being discovered by the police,?
(a) She covers him with her coat and carries him to her Jeep.
(b) She asks Jean-Claude to take him home.
(c) She covers him with a blanket and hides him behind a shrub.
(d) She asks Gretchen to take him to Guilty Pleasures.
4. In Anita's apartment, after Anita touches Richard and Jean-Claude, what comment does Jean-Claude make to Richard?
(a) Jean-Claude insinuates that Richard could use Anita's power to help defeat Marcus.
(b) Jean-Claude wonders if Richard wants to marry Anita solely because of her life force.
(c) Jean-Claude insinuates that he could use Anita's power to take over neighboring cities and towns.
(d) Jean-Claude insinuates that Anita is actually a witch, out to harm Richard.
5. What sort of preternatural creature is Gabriel?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A werepanther.
(c) A wererat.
(d) A werewolf.
6. What part does Kaspar play in the production of Raina's films?
(a) Kaspar writes dialogue and recruits lycanthropic actors.
(b) Kaspar auditions humans to see how they react when someone pretends to bite their throats during sex.
(c) Kaspar manages lighting and camera angles.
(d) Kaspar auditions humans to see how they react when someone changes shape during sex.
7. What explanation does Smitz offer for his appearance?
(a) He has been helping his father-in-law with some butcher work.
(b) He has decided to grow a beard.
(c) He has been overcome with worry over his wife's disappearance.
(d) He has been helping his father-in-law repaint a bedroom.
8. After learning that Louie is missing, Anita realizes that Elvira is what sort of preternatural creature?
(a) A witch.
(b) A naga.
(c) A lycanthrope.
(d) A vampire.
9. After Anita leaves Washington University, what does Gretchen do?
(a) Gretchen hugs Anita.
(b) Gretchen asks Anita to help her find a missing lycanthrope.
(c) Gretchen steals Anita's purse.
(d) Gretchen attacks Anita.
10. Who arrives to pick up Anita, in order to investigate the skin found in the river?
11. In Anita's apartment, what happens when Anita touches Richard and Jean-Claude to separate them?
(a) The three receive an electric shock, knocking them to the ground.
(b) Energy pulses through her and knocks her to the ground.
(c) Energy pulses through her and turns her into a lycanthrope.
(d) Richard and Jean-Claude are thrown to opposite sides of the room.
12. Who refuses to leave Anita's apartment without a kiss goodbye?
13. After Kaspar confesses to his crimes, who is found in a cage in Kaspar's basement?
14. After questioning Smitz, why does Anita suddenly realize she needs to question the naga in the hospital?
(a) Kaspar might have wanted his skin to become something other than a swan.
(b) A witch might have wanted to use his skin for shapeshifting.
(c) The naga might still be in danger.
(d) The naga might have staged the crime.
15. What is Robert's primary job at Guilty Pleasures?
Short Answer Questions
1. After someone falls in the river, what does Anita conclude?
2. After Anita leaves Washington University, what does Louie do to help Anita?
3. What sort of strange sound does Williams report hearing on his owl recording?
4. Who does Richard send to help Anita and Ronnie question Smitz?
5. Near the end of the novel, Titus and Aikensen are shown to be guilty of what crime?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)