|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the police request Anita's help at a crime scene after the musical?
(a) She helps investigate murders that might have ties to the preternatural.
(b) She has psychic abilities.
(c) She is a police detective.
(d) The police suspect Anita might be involved in the crime.
2. What sort of preternatural creature is Raina?
(a) Alpha female werewolf.
(b) Submissive wererat.
(c) Dominant werepanther.
3. By what other name is Edward, a hired killer, known in the vampire community?
4. Early in the novel, which character wishes to win the heart of Anita?
5. Where do Anita and Irving go to meet with Marcus?
(a) The Fox Theatre.
(b) The Lunar Cafe.
(c) The Lunatic Cafe.
(d) Guilty Pleasures.
6. When a death might involve some sort of preternatural creature, what is standard operation procedure?
(a) Police officers are advised to carry garlic and call for backup.
(b) Police officers are advised to conceal the event from the public.
(c) Police officers are advised to call the Regional Preternatural Investigation Team.
(d) Police officers are advised to call the National Unnatural Investigation Force.
7. What is a lycanthrope?
(a) Someone who does not like animals.
(b) Someone who does not like people.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A werewolf or other were-creature.
8. With whom does Anita leave her meeting?
9. In what county is the crime scene that Anita was invited to examine following her date with Richard at the theater?
(a) Jefferson County.
(b) St. Louis County.
(c) Washington County.
(d) St. Gerard County.
10. In the movie Edward shows to Anita, who is the second man seen?
11. In the movie Edward shows to Anita, what is unusual about the second man seen?
(a) He changes into a panther.
(b) He has a limp.
(c) He is deceased.
(d) He changes into a wolf.
12. What is the primary occupation of Anita Blake?
(a) Owner of The Lunatic Cafe.
(c) Vampire slayer.
(d) Private Investigator.
13. What does Kaspar recommend Anita should read?
(a) "The Corpse Bride."
(b) "The Princess Bride."
(c) "The Princess and the Pea."
(d) "The Swan and the Princess."
14. Near the theater, what does Gretchen ask Anita to do?
(a) Marry Richard.
(b) Leave Jean-Claude alone.
(c) Marry Jean-Claude.
(d) Leave Richard alone.
15. After Anita's meeting with Elvira, Burt explains that Kaspar wants to hire Anita for what reason?
(a) Kaspar wants Anita to kill a vampire.
(b) Kaspar wants Anita to appear in a movie.
(c) Kaspar wants Anita to lift a curse.
(d) Kaspar wants Anita to raise an ancestor or two.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the musical, who pages Anita?
2. Why is Smitz unwilling to go to the police for help?
3. For whom does Anita yell, after she is ordered to leave the crime scene?
4. After Ronnie recommends that Anita should obtain photos of the missing shapeshifters, who does Anita plan to ask?
5. What is the profession of Raina?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)