|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita do for Smitz?
(a) Connect him with a private investigator.
(b) Promise to help him to the best of her ability.
(c) Tell him to go to the police.
(d) Advise Smitz to drop the matter.
2. Anita's remaining weapon, which is not taken by Alfred in the room near the cafe, is loaded with what ammunition?
(a) Seven platinum bullets.
(b) Eight silver bullets.
(c) Six silver bullets.
(d) Garlic powder.
3. Which of the following is Jean-Claude?
(a) Head vampire in the city.
(b) Leader of the pack.
(c) Anita's boyfriend.
(d) Anita's boss.
4. When Anita arrives home after leaving the crime scene, why is Irving waiting for her?
(a) To inform her that Jean-Claude wants to meet her.
(b) To inform her that Marcus wants to meet her.
(c) To ask for her help in locating his missing wife.
(d) To ask for her help in writing a book.
5. With whom does Anita leave her meeting?
6. Why doesn't Gretchen's special power affect Anita?
(a) Animators can block all evil spells.
(b) Animators have some natural immunity to vampires.
(c) Animators can see invisible creatures.
(d) Animators have some natural immunity to shapeshifters.
7. After the musical, why does Anita become angry with Richard?
(a) He did not like the musical.
(b) He wants her to take on assignments that do not fit with her job title.
(c) He does not understand Anita's relationship with Jean-Claude.
(d) He did not tell her about his involvement in a battle of succession in his wolf pack.
8. What does Richard collect?
(a) Animal skins.
(b) Leonard Bernstein music.
(c) "Playbill" booklets.
(d) Rodgers and Hammerstein music.
9. Early in the novel, at which theater do Anita and Richard meet?
(a) The Fox.
(b) The Wolf.
(c) The Swan.
(d) The Hound.
10. When a death might involve some sort of preternatural creature, what is standard operation procedure?
(a) Police officers are advised to call the National Unnatural Investigation Force.
(b) Police officers are advised to conceal the event from the public.
(c) Police officers are advised to carry garlic and call for backup.
(d) Police officers are advised to call the Regional Preternatural Investigation Team.
11. In the movie Edward shows to Anita, what is unusual about the second man seen?
(a) He has a limp.
(b) He changes into a panther.
(c) He changes into a wolf.
(d) He is deceased.
12. What sort of hair does Kaspar have?
13. What theory does Sheriff Titus offer, regarding the crime scene to which Anita has been called after the theater performance?
(a) A simple wolf attack.
(b) A werewolf attack.
(d) A simple bear attack.
14. By what descriptive title is Anita known?
(a) The Animator.
(b) The Vampire.
(c) The Executioner.
(d) The Killer.
15. In what city does "The Lunatic Cafe" take place?
(a) Kansas City, Missouri.
(b) East St. Louis, Illinois.
(c) Kansas City, Kansas.
(d) St. Louis, Missouri.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Richard become a preternatural creature?
2. After Anita's meeting with Elvira, Burt explains that Kaspar wants to hire Anita for what reason?
3. During a phone conversation between Anita and Edward, following Anita's meeting with Marcus and the shapeshifters, what does Edward say he would like to show to Anita?
4. During their first meeting, what does Elvira ask Anita to do?
5. After Anita tells Louie about her client, Elvira, what does Louie agree to do?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)