|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Anita shoots and kills a shapeshifter, how does Marcus respond?
(a) He wonders how Richard would have handled the situation.
(b) He applauds Anita.
(c) He calls upon the pack members to kill Anita.
(d) He says he is as responsible for the shapeshifter's death as Anita is.
2. What is the profession of Raina?
(b) Reporter for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
(c) Proprietor of a cafe.
(d) Police officer.
3. How do the lycanthropes in the meeting treat the body of the shapeshifter Anita killed?
(a) They feed on him.
(b) They take him outside.
(c) They place him in a coffin.
(d) They try to revive him.
4. How did Richard become a preternatural creature?
(a) He is the son of two preternatural creatures.
(b) He was bitten by a shapeshifter.
(c) He was cursed by a witch.
(d) He contracted the disease after being vaccinated against it.
5. When Anita and Richard meet for dinner after Anita's meeting with Kaspar, what sort of food do the two eat?
6. Why doesn't Gretchen's special power affect Anita?
(a) Animators can block all evil spells.
(b) Animators can see invisible creatures.
(c) Animators have some natural immunity to shapeshifters.
(d) Animators have some natural immunity to vampires.
7. What does Rafael do to rescue Anita from the werewolf who is holding her and mouthing her neck?
(a) Rafael kills the werewolf.
(b) Rafael cuts his own arm.
(c) Rafeel cuts the werewolf's arm.
(d) Rafael threatens the werewolf.
8. At the beginning of the novel, why is Anita angry with Burt?
(a) He owes her money.
(b) He wants her to quit her job.
(c) He assigns her work that is not in her field, just to make money.
(d) He wants to date other women.
9. What is a lycanthrope?
(a) A werewolf or other were-creature.
(b) A vampire.
(c) Someone who does not like animals.
(d) Someone who does not like people.
10. During their first meeting, what does Elvira tell Anita she is doing?
(a) Writing a thesis about preternatural creatures.
(b) Writing a book about vampires.
(c) Writing a book about shapeshifters.
(d) Searching for a lost love.
11. What is the first name of Smitz's wife?
12. During a phone conversation between Anita and Edward, following Anita's meeting with Marcus and the shapeshifters, what does Edward say he would like to show to Anita?
(a) A book.
(b) A folder with information.
(d) A movie.
13. Following the theater performance, why is Anita concerned when she realizes Richard might be a romantic?
(a) Anita has not believed in happy endings since she was ten years old and her father died.
(b) She worries that he might want to propose marriage.
(c) She worries that he might prefer a woman who is more traditional.
(d) Anita has not believed in happy endings since she was eight years old and her mother died.
14. Who does Anita date, at the beginning of "The Lunatic Cafe?"
15. In what city does "The Lunatic Cafe" take place?
(a) East St. Louis, Illinois.
(b) Kansas City, Missouri.
(c) St. Louis, Missouri.
(d) Kansas City, Kansas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical do Anita and Richard see at the theater?
2. When meeting Edward at his hotel, what does Anita clean from her face?
3. Near the theater, what does Gretchen ask Anita to do?
4. What sort of preternatural creature is Kaspar?
5. What sort of movie does Edward show to Anita in his hotel room?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)