|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Anita kills a shapeshifter, who is the one shapeshifter in the meeting who is not drawn to the scent of blood?
2. Following the theater performance, why is Anita concerned when she realizes Richard might be a romantic?
(a) She worries that he might want to propose marriage.
(b) Anita has not believed in happy endings since she was eight years old and her mother died.
(c) She worries that he might prefer a woman who is more traditional.
(d) Anita has not believed in happy endings since she was ten years old and her father died.
3. Early in the novel, why does Smitz wish to hire Anita?
(a) To kill his wife.
(b) To find his wife.
(c) To kill a vampire.
(d) To kill a werewolf.
4. After conversing with Irving, Anita agrees to meet with Marcus under what condition?
(a) If Marcus will allow Richard to be present.
(b) If Marcus will allow Irving to be present.
(c) If Marcus will allow Jean-Claude to be present.
(d) If Marcus will step down as pack leader.
5. Why is Smitz unwilling to go to the police for help?
(a) His wife is a vampire.
(b) His wife is a lycanthrope.
(c) His wife is a police officer.
(d) His wife is a criminal.
6. What does Anita do for Smitz?
(a) Connect him with a private investigator.
(b) Tell him to go to the police.
(c) Advise Smitz to drop the matter.
(d) Promise to help him to the best of her ability.
7. In what county is the crime scene that Anita was invited to examine following her date with Richard at the theater?
(a) St. Louis County.
(b) Washington County.
(c) Jefferson County.
(d) St. Gerard County.
8. What is the primary occupation of Anita Blake?
(a) Owner of The Lunatic Cafe.
(b) Private Investigator.
(c) Vampire slayer.
9. After Anita leaves Richard and Jean-Claude near the theater, what special power does Gretchen exhibit?
(a) The power to shapeshift.
(b) The power to summon preternatural creatures.
(c) The power to cloud the minds of humans.
(d) The power to become invisible.
10. What is Irving's profession?
(a) Police officer.
(b) Leader of the pack.
(d) Reporter for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
11. In the movie Edward shows to Anita, who kills the only woman in the scene?
(a) The second man, as a werewolf.
(b) Both men.
(c) The second man, as a panther.
(d) The first man, as a werewolf.
12. After Ronnie recommends that Anita should obtain photos of the missing shapeshifters, who does Anita plan to ask?
13. What sort of hair does Kaspar have?
14. Why do the police request Anita's help at a crime scene after the musical?
(a) She has psychic abilities.
(b) She helps investigate murders that might have ties to the preternatural.
(c) The police suspect Anita might be involved in the crime.
(d) She is a police detective.
15. According to Richard, how did Raina convince Marcus to sanction pornography between humans and shapeshifters?
(a) She told him he could be in some of the movies.
(b) She told him it would be very lucrative.
(c) She told him she would be in some of the movies.
(d) She told him he would be killed if he did not agree to sanction the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the city where "The Lunatic Cafe" is set, who is the leader of the local wolf pack?
2. What sort of preternatural creature is Raina?
3. What important question does Richard ask Anita?
4. After viewing Edward's movie, why does Anita retire to the bathroom while Edward finishes his steak dinner?
5. Near the theater, what does Gretchen ask Anita to do?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)