|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anita do for Smitz?
(a) Tell him to go to the police.
(b) Connect him with a private investigator.
(c) Promise to help him to the best of her ability.
(d) Advise Smitz to drop the matter.
2. What is the profession of Raina?
(a) Reporter for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
(c) Proprietor of a cafe.
(d) Police officer.
3. After Anita shoots and kills a shapeshifter, how does Marcus respond?
(a) He applauds Anita.
(b) He says he is as responsible for the shapeshifter's death as Anita is.
(c) He calls upon the pack members to kill Anita.
(d) He wonders how Richard would have handled the situation.
4. Where do Anita and Irving go to meet with Marcus?
(a) Guilty Pleasures.
(b) The Lunar Cafe.
(c) The Lunatic Cafe.
(d) The Fox Theatre.
5. Following the theater performance, why is Anita concerned when she realizes Richard might be a romantic?
(a) Anita has not believed in happy endings since she was ten years old and her father died.
(b) Anita has not believed in happy endings since she was eight years old and her mother died.
(c) She worries that he might want to propose marriage.
(d) She worries that he might prefer a woman who is more traditional.
6. After viewing Edward's movie, why does Anita retire to the bathroom while Edward finishes his steak dinner?
(a) She drank too much wine and is ill.
(b) She cannot bear to watch him eat raw meat.
(c) She is a vegetarian.
(d) After seeing the lycanthropes feast on the dead woman in the film, she cannot watch Edward eat without getting sick.
7. What is Irving's profession?
(b) Reporter for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
(c) Leader of the pack.
(d) Police officer.
8. After conversing with Irving, Anita agrees to meet with Marcus under what condition?
(a) If Marcus will allow Jean-Claude to be present.
(b) If Marcus will allow Irving to be present.
(c) If Marcus will step down as pack leader.
(d) If Marcus will allow Richard to be present.
9. At the beginning of "The Lunatic Cafe," why does Anita ignore the temptation to date the character who wishes to win her heart?
(a) Because he is dead.
(b) Because he is younger than Anita.
(c) Because he is married.
(d) Because he lives in a different state.
10. Which of the following is Jean-Claude?
(a) Anita's boyfriend.
(b) Anita's boss.
(c) Head vampire in the city.
(d) Leader of the pack.
11. What sort of clothing does Gabriel wear?
12. At the beginning of the novel, why is Anita angry with Burt?
(a) He wants her to quit her job.
(b) He wants to date other women.
(c) He assigns her work that is not in her field, just to make money.
(d) He owes her money.
13. With whom does Anita leave her meeting?
14. After Anita becomes angry with Marcus during their meeting, what does Alfred do?
(a) He grabs Marcus by the throat.
(b) He grabs Anita by the throat.
(c) He threatens to destroy the Lunatic Cafe.
(d) He tries to leave the meeting.
15. What sort of hair does Kaspar have?
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Anita yell, after she is ordered to leave the crime scene?
2. In the movie Edward shows to Anita, what is unusual about the second man seen?
3. In what city does "The Lunatic Cafe" take place?
4. Early in the novel, why does Smitz wish to hire Anita?
5. Why do the police request Anita's help at a crime scene after the musical?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)