|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From the Lunatic Cafe, Anita and Irving are led to the end of a hallway and see what two men standing on a platform?
(a) Marcus and Jean-Claude.
(b) Richard and Marcus.
(c) Alfred and Richard.
(d) Alfred and Marcus.
2. When a death might involve some sort of preternatural creature, what is standard operation procedure?
(a) Police officers are advised to call the Regional Preternatural Investigation Team.
(b) Police officers are advised to conceal the event from the public.
(c) Police officers are advised to call the National Unnatural Investigation Force.
(d) Police officers are advised to carry garlic and call for backup.
3. For whom does Anita yell, after she is ordered to leave the crime scene?
4. At the beginning of "The Lunatic Cafe," why does Anita ignore the temptation to date the character who wishes to win her heart?
(a) Because he is married.
(b) Because he is dead.
(c) Because he lives in a different state.
(d) Because he is younger than Anita.
5. What does Rafael do to rescue Anita from the werewolf who is holding her and mouthing her neck?
(a) Rafael kills the werewolf.
(b) Rafael cuts his own arm.
(c) Rafeel cuts the werewolf's arm.
(d) Rafael threatens the werewolf.
6. What is the first name of Smitz's wife?
7. At the beginning of the novel, why is Anita angry with Burt?
(a) He wants to date other women.
(b) He wants her to quit her job.
(c) He assigns her work that is not in her field, just to make money.
(d) He owes her money.
8. With whom does Anita leave her meeting?
9. What sort of preternatural creature is Irving?
10. Near the theater, what does Gretchen ask Anita to do?
(a) Marry Richard.
(b) Marry Jean-Claude.
(c) Leave Jean-Claude alone.
(d) Leave Richard alone.
11. During a meeting between Anita and Kaspar, how is Kaspar's conversation limited?
(a) He cannot speak of Marcus.
(b) He cannot speak of Raina.
(c) He can only answer questions that Marcus wants him to answer.
(d) He can only answer questions that Jean-Claude wants him to answer.
12. When Alfred searches Anita in the room near the cafe, what does he fail to remove?
(a) Her Firestar.
(b) Her Browning.
(c) Her pager.
(d) Her knives.
13. After Anita's meeting with Elvira, Burt explains that Kaspar wants to hire Anita for what reason?
(a) Kaspar wants Anita to kill a vampire.
(b) Kaspar wants Anita to lift a curse.
(c) Kaspar wants Anita to appear in a movie.
(d) Kaspar wants Anita to raise an ancestor or two.
14. During their first meeting, what does Elvira ask Anita to do?
(a) Connect her with a wererat.
(b) Help her find her lost love.
(c) Connect her with the vampire community.
(d) Connect her with a werepanther.
15. What important question does Richard ask Anita?
(a) He asks Anita if she killed a shapeshifter.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) He asks Anita to change careers.
(d) He asks Anita if she loves another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Jean-Claude?
2. In the movie Edward shows to Anita, what is unusual about the second man seen?
3. When Anita and Richard meet for dinner after Anita's meeting with Kaspar, what sort of food do the two eat?
4. What happens to Anita after she leaves Richard, Jean-Claude, and the theater?
5. After conversing with Irving, Anita agrees to meet with Marcus under what condition?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)