|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Anita after she leaves Richard, Jean-Claude, and the theater?
(a) She is confronted by Raina.
(b) She is confronted by Gretchen.
(c) She receives a page from Ronnie.
(d) She receives a page from Burt.
2. During their first meeting, what does Elvira tell Anita she is doing?
(a) Writing a thesis about preternatural creatures.
(b) Writing a book about shapeshifters.
(c) Writing a book about vampires.
(d) Searching for a lost love.
3. When Alfred searches Anita in the room near the cafe, what does he fail to remove?
(a) Her knives.
(b) Her Browning.
(c) Her pager.
(d) Her Firestar.
4. What is a lycanthrope?
(a) A vampire.
(b) Someone who does not like people.
(c) A werewolf or other were-creature.
(d) Someone who does not like animals.
5. What sort of preternatural creature is Rafael?
(a) A werewolf.
(b) A wererat.
(c) A wereswan.
(d) A werepanther.
6. What important question does Richard ask Anita?
(a) He asks Anita if she loves another man.
(b) He asks Anita if she killed a shapeshifter.
(c) He asks Anita to change careers.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
7. After examining the body and the crime scene, on the night of her date with Richard, what does Anita conclude?
(a) The man was killed by a bear.
(b) The man was killed by a shapeshifter.
(c) The man was killed by another hunter.
(d) The man committed suicide.
8. During Anita and Richard's dinner, Anita states that she would shoot Richard to protect who?
9. After the musical, why does Anita become angry with Richard?
(a) He did not like the musical.
(b) He did not tell her about his involvement in a battle of succession in his wolf pack.
(c) He wants her to take on assignments that do not fit with her job title.
(d) He does not understand Anita's relationship with Jean-Claude.
10. Where is Louie employed?
(a) Lunatic Cafe.
(b) Animators, Inc.
(c) Preternatural Squad.
(d) Washington University.
11. How do the lycanthropes in the meeting treat the body of the shapeshifter Anita killed?
(a) They take him outside.
(b) They place him in a coffin.
(c) They try to revive him.
(d) They feed on him.
12. How does Anita respond to Richard's important question?
(a) She says yes.
(b) She refuses to answer.
(c) She says no.
(d) She laughs.
13. Before Anita leaves her meeting with Marcus and the shapeshifters, what does Marcus give to Anita?
(a) A silver bullet.
(b) A folder with information about why they need her help.
(c) A message to deliver to Richard.
(d) A medallion for protection.
14. What does Rafael do to rescue Anita from the werewolf who is holding her and mouthing her neck?
(a) Rafael threatens the werewolf.
(b) Rafael cuts his own arm.
(c) Rafeel cuts the werewolf's arm.
(d) Rafael kills the werewolf.
15. When Anita arrives home after leaving the crime scene, why is Irving waiting for her?
(a) To inform her that Marcus wants to meet her.
(b) To inform her that Jean-Claude wants to meet her.
(c) To ask for her help in writing a book.
(d) To ask for her help in locating his missing wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of preternatural creature is Raina?
2. When Anita first arrives at the crime scene, following her date with Richard, who orders her to leave the scene?
3. What does Kaspar recommend Anita should read?
4. Early in the novel, at which theater do Anita and Richard meet?
5. How old is Gretchen?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)