• Anita Blake, the main character in "The Lunatic Cafe," is a vampire slayer and raises the dead.
• Anita is dating Richard Zeenan, a werewolf who is second in line for the position of leader of the St. Louis pack of werewolves.
• Anita is being romantically pursued by Jean-Claude, the Master of the City, but Anita hesitates because he is dead.
• Anita meets with a client, George Smitz, whose wife, Peggy, has been missing for two days.
• Smitz does not want to involve the police regarding his missing wife, because she is a lycanthrope and might lose her job if her disease were discovered.
• Anita recommends that Smitz contact her friend, Veronica Sims, also known as Ronnie, a private investigator.
• Anita meets Richard at The Fox, a theater in St. Louis, to watch the musical, "Guys and Dolls."
• Because her mother died when she was eight...
This section contains 3,153 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)