|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Salmons do when Ruana and Ray drop off a homemade treat for the family?
(a) Ruana and Ray are invited in.
(b) The invite them in but then quickly urge them to leave.
(c) They take the pie without saying anything.
(d) The Salmons slam the door in their faces.
2. Where does Mr. Harvey often hang out when he leaves his house?
(b) Public places.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Places where children hang out.
3. What are Lindsey and Samuel riding in, that ultimately breaks down, when they are driving home after their graduation?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A bus.
(c) A car.
(d) A taxi.
4. What skill does Mr. Harvey's mother unknowingly instill in her son?
(a) Wanting to kill children.
(b) Staying calm during a killing.
(c) Being afraid of grown men.
(d) Always being on the run.
5. Where does Mr. Harvey live after he leaves his house?
(a) In a nearby town.
(b) No one knows.
(c) With his mother.
(d) In the wilderness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Samuel ask Lindsey to marry him?
2. What gift does Abigail bring from California to her abandoned family?
3. What memento does Fenerman give Abigail and Jack in the hospital?
4. What first lets Ray know that something is different with Ruth when Susie enters her body?
5. What eventually drives Mr. Harvey out of hiding in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. O'Dwyer?
2. Why is Lindsey so angry with her mother when she returns from California to see Jack in the hospital?
3. How exactly does Lindsey break into Mr. Harvey's house?
4. What is Buckley's short story about?
5. While eating apple pie that Ruana brought to the Salmon family, what do Samuel and Lindsey learn about the house they want to fix up?
6. What does Susie realize, while watching from her heaven, about her family after she has entered (and left) Ruth's body?
7. Why is Ruth a celebrity in Susie's heaven?
8. What does Samuel promise to do with the abandoned house he and Lindsey take shelter in after their college graduation?
9. How is the sinkhole going to be filled?
10. What symptoms send Jack to the hospital after Buckley confronts him about dealing with Susie's death?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)