|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ruth and Ray become a couple again, what is the status of Ruana's relationship with Ray's father?
(a) She is contemplating getting a divorce.
(b) He has died.
(c) She is more in love with him than ever.
(d) She is having an affair with Federman.
2. What does Ruth wear as an art student?
(a) Funky, bright clothes.
(b) Dresses only.
(c) Lots of jeans and t-shirts.
(d) All black.
3. Which college do Samuel and Lindsey graduate from?
(a) Temple University.
(b) They never go to college.
(c) Pennsylvania State University.
(d) The University of Pennsylvania.
4. What does Buckley want to use Susie's old shirts for?
(a) Tomato stakes.
(b) Rags for a new mop.
(c) A drop cloth for a paint job he has to do.
(d) Rags for cleaning the counter.
5. After she makes love to Ray (in Ruth's body), how does Susie tell Ray to remember her last name?
(a) "Salmon, like the fish."
(b) She never tells Ray her name.
(c) "Salmon, rhymes with 'jammin.'"
(d) "Salmon, 'cause I've been swimming up stream all my life."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the sinkhole going to be filled?
2. Who is the last person in the Salmon family to think that Mr. Harvey had something to do with Susie's death?
3. Where does Mr. Harvey suggest Susie might have been killed when speaking to the police after Lindsey breaks into his house?
4. How does Ruana feel about Ray's relationship with Ruth?
5. Who does Abigail believe is the only person keeping Jack alive by Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lindsey so upset when she sees a red scarf on Fenerman's desk one day when she stops in to see how her sister's case is going?
2. What is Buckley's short story about?
3. How exactly does Lindsey break into Mr. Harvey's house?
4. Why is Ruth a celebrity in Susie's heaven?
5. As the neighbors are gathering for Susie's one-year memorial, what does Lindsey ask of her mother?
6. Who is Mr. O'Dwyer?
7. How is the sinkhole going to be filled?
8. Why is Lindsey so angry with her mother when she returns from California to see Jack in the hospital?
9. What leads Grandma Lynn to believe that Mr. Harvey is involved in Susie's killing?
10. Years after Susie's murder, what does Mr. Harvey dream of when he feels threatened?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)