|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the usual final project for the symposium students?
(a) How to plan a perfect murder.
(b) How to build a better mousetrap.
(c) How to build a better egg crate.
(d) How to build a bridge out of toothpicks.
2. How does Ruth Connors describe Susie's ghost?
(a) As a white whisp of smoke that follows her around.
(b) As a girl with hollow eyes.
(c) As a mean, scary image.
(d) As a voice only.
3. Where do Samuel and Lindsey first make love?
(a) In a cornfield.
(b) Under a row boat.
(c) In Samuel's house.
(d) In Lindsey's house.
4. What gift does Samuel Heckler give Lindsey on the first Christmas after Susie's death?
(a) A charm bracelet.
(b) A book.
(c) A journal.
(d) Half a heart.
5. What gift did Susie receive for Christmas when she was eleven?
(a) A make-up kit.
(b) A new bicycle.
(c) An encyclopedia set.
(d) A camera.
6. What piece of Mr. Harvey's mother's jewelry fascinates him?
(a) Her diamond earrings.
(b) Her emerald bracelet.
(c) Her pearl brooch.
(d) Her amber necklace.
7. What is Mr. Harvey's favorite dream to have?
(a) The one about seeing his mother for the last time.
(b) The one about seeing his father for the last time.
(c) The one about Susie dying.
(d) The one about the Church of Transfiguration.
8. What item does Mr. Harvey use for the backyard project Jack is helping him with?
(a) A new tractor that can dig very deep.
(b) White cotton sheets.
(c) An axe that looks like it has blood on it.
(d) A new handsaw.
9. Who is the narrator of The Lovely Bones?
(a) No one -- this book has a general narrator.
(c) Susie Salmon.
(d) Mr. Harvey.
10. Who is Ruana?
(a) The preacher's wife.
(b) Susie's aunt.
(c) Ray's mother.
(d) Susie's teacher.
11. How does Lindsey respond to the picture she finds in Susie's room after entering it for the first time after her death?
(a) She tears it up.
(b) She faints.
(c) She immediately shows it to her father.
(d) She is just as taken aback as Susie was with the picture.
12. What backyard project does Jack help Mr. Harvey with after Mr. Harvey has disposed of Susie's body?
(a) Building a tent.
(b) Building a new secret room.
(c) Building a shed.
(d) Clearing out some old brush.
13. Who teaches Lindsey to put on make-up?
(a) Aunt Gertrude.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Grandma Lynn.
14. What animals run freely in Susie's heaven?
15. What does Ruth's father make her do every morning when he drops her off at school?
(a) Give him his lunch money.
(b) Tell him he loves her.
(c) Promise not to talk to any boys.
(d) Drink alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Buckley when Susie dies?
2. How does Abigail respond to hearing sirens after Jack's attack in the cornfield?
3. What body part of Susie does a dog find?
4. What is on Susie's charm bracelet?
5. What does Mr. Harvey look at when he cannot sleep?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)