|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Abigail respond to hearing sirens after Jack's attack in the cornfield?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) She tries to find Jack.
(c) She refuses to let Lindsey out.
(d) She becomes very controlling.
2. What happens to Clarissa after Jack is attacked?
(a) She is shaken but unhurt.
(b) She doesn't talk anymore.
(c) She becomes afraid of the dark.
(d) She breaks her ankle trying to run away.
3. Who is the narrator of The Lovely Bones?
(a) No one -- this book has a general narrator.
(c) Susie Salmon.
(d) Mr. Harvey.
4. Where do Samuel and Lindsey first make love?
(a) In Lindsey's house.
(b) In a cornfield.
(c) Under a row boat.
(d) In Samuel's house.
5. What does Ruth's father make her do every morning when he drops her off at school?
(a) Tell him he loves her.
(b) Give him his lunch money.
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Promise not to talk to any boys.
6. What hobby of Jack's does Susie also take an interest in?
(a) Making ships in a bottle.
(b) Writing novels.
(d) Writing and performing music.
7. How does Nate respond to Buckley's comments about seeing his sister's ghost?
(a) He does not believe him.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) He gets scared.
(d) He asks a lot of questions.
8. How much does Mr. Harvey have to pay the property owner for using his sinkhole?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars and a case of beer.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
9. How does Susie respond, in heaven, to Jack's suspicions about Mr. Harvey at first?
(a) She never finds out about his suspicions.
(b) She is filled with a desire for revenge.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is worried about her father's mental health.
10. While in the hospital, what does Abigail want Fenerman to admit?
(a) That Susie was murdered.
(b) That he killed his wife.
(c) That the police are clueless about what happened to Susie.
(d) That he has feelings for her.
11. What comfort did Susie offer Ruth after she is reprimanded in art class?
(a) That the teachers were bad teachers who didn't know what they were talking about.
(b) That she thought the drawings were really good.
(c) That Susie's poetry was probably good enough to be published.
(d) That the cartoons looked better than the models anyway.
12. What team does Principal Caden want Lindsey to play on?
(a) A soccer team.
(b) A basketball team.
(c) A softball team.
(d) A volleyball team.
13. Which piece had Susie always used in the board game the family plays at Christmas?
(a) The hat.
(b) She never really had a preference.
(c) The shoe.
(d) The red pieces.
14. Who does Ruth arrive at Susie's memorial with?
(a) Mr. Harvey.
(b) Sam Heckler.
(c) Hal Heckler.
(d) Her father.
15. Who is Nate?
(a) Buckley's imaginary friend.
(b) Buckley's friend.
(c) Buckley's stepbrother.
(d) Buckley's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Mr. Harvey use for the backyard project Jack is helping him with?
2. How old is Buckley when Susie dies?
3. What object does Mr. Harvey have that once belonged to a girl named Claire?
4. Which family member comes to live with the Salmons after Susie's death?
5. Who is Artie?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)