|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nate?
(a) Buckley's imaginary friend.
(b) Buckley's cousin.
(c) Buckley's friend.
(d) Buckley's stepbrother.
2. What happens to Clarissa after Jack is attacked?
(a) She breaks her ankle trying to run away.
(b) She is shaken but unhurt.
(c) She becomes afraid of the dark.
(d) She doesn't talk anymore.
3. Which piece had Susie always used in the board game the family plays at Christmas?
(a) The hat.
(b) The red pieces.
(c) She never really had a preference.
(d) The shoe.
4. When Susie was still alive, why is Ruth Connors reprimanded for her drawings in art class?
(a) Because she spent the time writing poetry.
(b) Because she drew doodles the entire class period.
(c) Because she drew the models as cartoons instead of serious people.
(d) Because she drew the models naked.
5. Who is Franny?
(a) Susie's imaginary friend.
(b) Susie's counselor in heaven.
(c) Susie's sister.
(d) Susie's mother.
6. How does Det. Fenerman find Mr. Harvey upon his first visit to his house?
(a) Very suspicious and probably a murderer.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Strange and sincere, but not suspicious.
(d) Very lonely and living in filth.
7. How much does Mr. Harvey have to pay the property owner for using his sinkhole?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars and a case of beer.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
8. Who is the narrator of The Lovely Bones?
(a) Mr. Harvey.
(b) Susie Salmon.
(d) No one -- this book has a general narrator.
9. What is Mr. Harvey's demeanor as he cleans himself up after the murder?
10. While in the hospital, what does Abigail want Fenerman to admit?
(a) That he killed his wife.
(b) That he has feelings for her.
(c) That Susie was murdered.
(d) That the police are clueless about what happened to Susie.
11. Where does Mr. Harvey dispose of Susie's charm bracelet?
(a) Nowhere: he keeps it as a token.
(b) In a construction site.
(c) In the sinkhole.
(d) In his garbage can.
12. What is the name of the symposium Lindsey attends with her classmates?
(a) Symposium for Gifted Children.
(b) Making Science Fun! Symposium.
(c) The Pennsylvania Gifted Symposium.
(d) Pennsylvania Gifted Children's Camp.
13. Who informs Susie's family that part of her body has been found?
(a) Detective Fenerman.
(b) A newspaper reporter.
(c) A nosy neighbor.
(d) Mr. Harvey.
14. How do the neighbors feel about Mr. Harvey?
(a) That he is a bit strange and suspicious.
(b) That he is a fantastic handyman.
(c) That he is fun to have at parties.
(d) That he is shy but really very nice.
15. What does Jack try to use the board game for that the family plays at Christmas?
(a) To explain to Buckley that life is not fair.
(b) To explain to Buckley what happened to Susie.
(c) To explain to Buckley that everyone loses something at some time.
(d) To explain to Buckley that people are really mean and greedy deep down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Mr. Harvey use for the backyard project Jack is helping him with?
2. What kinds of stories does Susie's father like to tell about his children?
3. Who is Holly?
4. Who is Artie?
5. Which two characters kiss each other while visiting Jack in the hospital?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)