|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lindsey say in response to her principal's apology for her family's loss?
(a) "Thank you."
(b) "You will never know how it feels."
(c) She doesn't say anything -- she just breaks down and cries.
(d) "I wasn't aware I had lost anything."
2. What is the usual final project for the symposium students?
(a) How to plan a perfect murder.
(b) How to build a better mousetrap.
(c) How to build a better egg crate.
(d) How to build a bridge out of toothpicks.
3. What is on Susie's charm bracelet?
(a) A silver key.
(b) A charm for each of her birthdays.
(c) A silver house.
(d) An engraved Pennsylvania keystone charm.
4. Which piece had Susie always used in the board game the family plays at Christmas?
(a) The hat.
(b) The shoe.
(c) She never really had a preference.
(d) The red pieces.
5. What is Mr. Harvey's relationship status?
(a) He is dating two women at the same time.
(b) He is single.
(c) He is in the process of getting a divorce.
(d) He is married.
6. What board game do the Salmon family play on the first Christmas after Susie died?
(a) Chutes and Ladders.
7. Which two characters kiss each other while visiting Jack in the hospital?
(a) Abigail and Fenerman.
(b) Abigail and Hal.
(c) Lindsey and Fenerman.
(d) Lindsey and Hal.
8. What is Mr. Harvey's favorite dream to have?
(a) The one about seeing his mother for the last time.
(b) The one about seeing his father for the last time.
(c) The one about Susie dying.
(d) The one about the Church of Transfiguration.
9. Who informs Susie's family that part of her body has been found?
(a) Mr. Harvey.
(b) A newspaper reporter.
(c) A nosy neighbor.
(d) Detective Fenerman.
10. What does Det. Fenerman believe Mr. Harvey's late wife was called?
11. How does Lindsey react to hearing that part of her sister's body has been found?
(a) She refuses to believe it.
(b) She faints.
(c) She throws up.
(d) She acts like it doesn't bother her.
12. What piece of Susie's clothing is also found by police?
(a) Her wool hat.
(b) One of her shoes.
(c) Her favorite sweater.
(d) Her socks.
13. Who is Nate?
(a) Buckley's imaginary friend.
(b) Buckley's friend.
(c) Buckley's cousin.
(d) Buckley's stepbrother.
14. How old is Susie?
15. How does Det. Fenerman respond to Jack's first phone call about Mr. Harvey being involved in the death of his daughter?
(a) He has been thinking the same thing.
(b) He thinks Jack is going insane.
(c) He is doubtful, but thinks it can't hurt to pursue.
(d) He listens politely but is too lazy to do anything about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Samuel Heckler give Lindsey on the first Christmas after Susie's death?
2. How does Lindsey respond to the picture she finds in Susie's room after entering it for the first time after her death?
3. How much does Mr. Harvey have to pay the property owner for using his sinkhole?
4. How often does Jack walk by Mr. Harvey's house?
5. Who comforts Jack when he is found sobbing in Susie's room after his emotions bubble to the surface for the first time after Susie's death?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)