• Susie, the narrator, introduces herself as a recently murdered fourteen-year-old girl. She is narrating the story in first person, from heaven.
• Susie details the story of her rape and murder at the hands of her neighbor, Mr. Harvey. He lures her into a secret underground room where he rapes and murders her.
• Susie reminisces about her family, from her relationship to her sister to her father's habit of telling embarrassing stories about his children.
• Susie also mentions Franny, her counselor in heaven, who helps her tell her story and process what has happened to her.
• Susie describes heaven for the reader, which is filled with people who are all experiencing their own version of heaven. Susie's is filled with things a 14-year-old girl would enjoy, like classes with no teachers, ice cream shops, only art and music classes, and no rude boys to deal with.
This section contains 3,281 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)