|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister ask Georgie and Timothy to do for her in their exam?
2. What is Georgie doing when he is hounded to take off his shirt?
3. How does Robin die?
4. How does Georgie get home from Robin's grave?
5. What part is Richie playing in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kevin quit the play?
2. Why is Robin alone when he dies?
3. What makes Georgie punch one of the other boys at the school?
4. Why does Georgie refuse to join the drama class?
5. How does Georgie save the play?
6. Why does Robin like Georgie so much?
7. Why is Georgie so fond of Robin?
8. What does Mrs. Harper want Georgie to do at the funeral?
9. How does Mr. Collier spark Georgie's interest in learning to read?
10. What does Georgie do for Robin when they are around other people, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)