|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Georgie feel after showing someone his scars?
2. What does Georgie do in secret while watching play rehearsals?
3. Why is Georgie able to stay at the school?
4. Who notices Georgie missing on the day of the funeral?
5. How does Georgie feel when he is working with Eddie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Georgie most excited for during the choir concert?
2. Why is Georgie allowed to continue attending the boys' school?
3. Why does Kevin quit the play?
4. What does Georgie do for Robin when they are around other people, and why?
5. Why does Georgie refuse to join the drama class?
6. What does Georgie show Timothy that he won't show anyone else?
7. What does Mrs. Harper want Georgie to do at the funeral?
8. Why is Georgie jealous of Paul?
9. What does Georgie do after hearing all the stories at the over-nighter?
10. Why is Alice in Wonderland Mrs. Harper's favorite skit in the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Irene Hunt have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)