|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robin not get to see Paul anymore?
2. How does Georgie feel when Robin comes to visit him while he is sick?
3. Who is with Robin when he dies?
4. Who taught Robin to feed some animals?
5. Who hounds Georgie to take off his shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Collier know how to teach Georgie?
2. Why does Georgie refuse to join the drama class?
3. How does Mr. Collier spark Georgie's interest in learning to read?
4. What does Georgie do at Robin's funeral?
5. What makes Georgie punch one of the other boys at the school?
6. What does Mrs. Harper want Georgie to do at the funeral?
7. How does Georgie save the play?
8. Why does Kevin quit the play?
9. Why is Georgie so fond of Robin?
10. Why did Robin like having Paul around?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of abuse did Georgie receive in his life, and how did he respond to this?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the title of this book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Irene Hunt have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)