|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Sister play?
2. What does Georgie do after the service for Robin?
3. What does Mr. Collier write a story about?
4. What does Georgie wish Mrs. Harper was to him?
5. How does Georgie feel when he is working with Eddie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Georgie punch one of the other boys at the school?
2. What does Georgie do after hearing all the stories at the over-nighter?
3. Why does Kevin quit the play?
4. Why does Richie quit the play?
5. Why did Robin like having Paul around?
6. What does Georgie say to Mrs. Harper at the end of the book?
7. What does Mr. Collier do to make Georgie mad?
8. Why is Georgie jealous of Paul?
9. Why is Georgie allowed to continue attending the boys' school?
10. What does Georgie do after the service for Robin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Life and Death were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations, and why are they generally presented together?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)