|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts teaching Georgie to read?
2. What does Georgie wish Mrs. Harper was to him?
3. Why does Robin not get to see Paul anymore?
4. Who does Georgie want to share the boys' stories with?
5. What is Eddie's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Harper want Georgie to do at the funeral?
2. What is Georgie most excited for during the choir concert?
3. What does Mrs. Harper do when she sees what Georgie is doing after Robin's service?
4. How does Mr. Collier spark Georgie's interest in learning to read?
5. Why does Robin like Georgie so much?
6. What does Mrs. Harper say to Georgie at the end of the book?
7. Why is Robin alone when he dies?
8. Why does Kevin quit the play?
9. What does Georgie do at Robin's funeral?
10. Why is Georgie allowed to continue attending the boys' school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Georgie's relationship with Mrs. Harper change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Irene Hunt have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)