|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person Georgie tells about his scars?
2. What does Georgie promise to do to be allowed to hear the boys' stories?
3. Who starts the drama class?
4. What does Mr. Collier say children need to learn?
5. Who hounds Georgie to take off his shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Georgie refuse to join the drama class?
2. Why is Georgie jealous of Paul?
3. What does Mrs. Harper say to Georgie at the end of the book?
4. Why does Richie quit the play?
5. How does Robin die?
6. What is Georgie most excited for during the choir concert?
7. Why is Georgie so fond of Robin?
8. What does Georgie do for Robin when they are around other people, and why?
9. How does Georgie come to be in the choir?
10. What does Georgie do at Robin's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robin and Georgie were two characters who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 2
How did Georgie's relationship with Mrs. Harper change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Life and Death were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations, and why are they generally presented together?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)