|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Georgie feel after showing someone his scars?
2. What part is Kevin playing in the play?
3. What does Georgie do when he is hounded to take off his shirt?
4. What has improved in Georgie since he came to the school?
5. What has Mrs. Harper found at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie do with Old Eddie?
2. How does Mr. Collier spark Georgie's interest in learning to read?
3. Why does Georgie tell Mr. Collier he never learned how to read?
4. How does Georgie come to be in the choir?
5. What does Mrs. Harper say to Georgie at the end of the book?
6. Why is Robin alone when he dies?
7. Why does Georgie realize he has been hating Mrs. Harper?
8. What does Georgie show Timothy that he won't show anyone else?
9. What does Georgie do at Robin's funeral?
10. Why is Alice in Wonderland Mrs. Harper's favorite skit in the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the title of this book?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)