|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Eddie like Georgie?
2. What does Georgie do in secret while watching play rehearsals?
3. What does Georgie have a talent for?
4. What does Georgie learn to do at the end of the book?
5. Why does Georgie not join the drama class?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Georgie come to be in the choir?
2. What does Georgie say to Mrs. Harper at the end of the book?
3. What does Mrs. Harper do when she sees what Georgie is doing after Robin's service?
4. Why does Georgie tell Mr. Collier he never learned how to read?
5. Why did Robin like having Paul around?
6. Why is Georgie jealous of Paul?
7. How does Robin die?
8. Why does Richie quit the play?
9. Why is Georgie allowed to continue attending the boys' school?
10. Why is Georgie so fond of Robin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Robin and Georgie were two characters who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 3
Life and Death were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations, and why are they generally presented together?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)