|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie learn to do at the end of the book?
2. Why does Mrs. Harper pull the Alice in Wonderland skit?
3. What instrument does Sister play?
4. What gift does Robin bring Georgie while he is sick?
5. How does Robin die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie do for Robin when they are around other people, and why?
2. What does Georgie show Timothy that he won't show anyone else?
3. Why does Robin like Georgie so much?
4. How does Georgie come to be in the choir?
5. What does Georgie do with Old Eddie?
6. Why does Georgie tell Mr. Collier he never learned how to read?
7. What does Georgie say to Mrs. Harper at the end of the book?
8. What is Georgie most excited for during the choir concert?
9. What does Georgie do after the service for Robin?
10. What makes Georgie punch one of the other boys at the school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Georgie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)