|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eddie's job?
2. How does Georgie feel about the upcoming play?
3. Who suggests that Georgie work with Eddie?
4. What does Georgie do when he can't sing at the funeral?
5. Why does Georgie say he never learned to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Collier know how to teach Georgie?
2. Why is Alice in Wonderland Mrs. Harper's favorite skit in the play?
3. What does Georgie do with Old Eddie?
4. Why is Georgie jealous of Paul?
5. What does Georgie do for Robin when they are around other people, and why?
6. What does Mrs. Harper want Georgie to do at the funeral?
7. How does Robin die?
8. What makes Georgie punch one of the other boys at the school?
9. Why is Georgie so fond of Robin?
10. What does Georgie do after the service for Robin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Irene Hunt have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)