|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robin remember Paul doing?
2. What changes in Georgie's behavior as he works with Eddie?
3. Who is the only person Georgie tells about his scars?
4. What does Sister ask Georgie and Timothy to do for her in their exam?
5. What do the boys plan with the gift from the Judge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie do after the service for Robin?
2. Why does Georgie refuse to join the drama class?
3. Why does Richie quit the play?
4. Why does Kevin quit the play?
5. How does Georgie save the play?
6. Why does Georgie tell Mr. Collier he never learned how to read?
7. Why did Robin like having Paul around?
8. What does Georgie do at Robin's funeral?
9. What makes Georgie punch one of the other boys at the school?
10. What is Georgie most excited for during the choir concert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Robin and Georgie were two characters who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)