|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part is Richie playing in the play?
2. What does Georgie realize he has in common with Mrs. Harper?
3. Who notices Georgie missing on the day of the funeral?
4. What makes Eddie like Georgie?
5. What does Georgie learn to do at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Georgie jealous of Paul?
2. What does Georgie do with Old Eddie?
3. Why does Georgie realize he has been hating Mrs. Harper?
4. Why does Mr. Collier know how to teach Georgie?
5. Why is Alice in Wonderland Mrs. Harper's favorite skit in the play?
6. What makes Georgie punch one of the other boys at the school?
7. Why did Robin like having Paul around?
8. Why is Robin alone when he dies?
9. What does Georgie show Timothy that he won't show anyone else?
10. Why does Kevin quit the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Steve was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)