|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tone does the book end on?
2. Why does Mr. Collier start writing a story?
3. What does Georgie do when he is hounded to take off his shirt?
4. What makes Eddie like Georgie?
5. When is the first time Georgie wants to impress Mrs. Harper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie do for Robin when they are around other people, and why?
2. Why is Alice in Wonderland Mrs. Harper's favorite skit in the play?
3. Why is Robin alone when he dies?
4. How does Georgie come to be in the choir?
5. Why does Georgie refuse to join the drama class?
6. Why does Richie quit the play?
7. What does Mr. Collier do to make Georgie mad?
8. Why does Mr. Collier know how to teach Georgie?
9. Why does Georgie tell Mr. Collier he never learned how to read?
10. Why does Georgie realize he has been hating Mrs. Harper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal was a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)