|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie learn to do at the end of the book?
2. What part is Richie playing in the play?
3. Why does Robin not get to see Paul anymore?
4. What does Georgie do at Robin's grave?
5. Who does Georgie want to share the boys' stories with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Collier do to make Georgie mad?
2. What does Georgie do for Robin when they are around other people, and why?
3. Why does Georgie refuse to join the drama class?
4. What does Mrs. Harper want Georgie to do at the funeral?
5. What is Georgie most excited for during the choir concert?
6. Why is Georgie so fond of Robin?
7. What does Mrs. Harper say to Georgie at the end of the book?
8. What does Georgie say to Mrs. Harper at the end of the book?
9. Why does Robin like Georgie so much?
10. What does Georgie do at Robin's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of abuse did Georgie receive in his life, and how did he respond to this?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)