|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Georgie not join the drama class?
2. Who asks Georgie to sing at Robin's funeral?
3. What does Mr. Collier say children need to learn?
4. How does Georgie feel after showing someone his scars?
5. What does Robin remember Paul doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie show Timothy that he won't show anyone else?
2. Why does Mr. Collier know how to teach Georgie?
3. What does Mr. Collier do to make Georgie mad?
4. Why does Georgie refuse to join the drama class?
5. What does Georgie do for Robin when they are around other people, and why?
6. Why does Richie quit the play?
7. What does Georgie say to Mrs. Harper at the end of the book?
8. What does Georgie do after hearing all the stories at the over-nighter?
9. Why is Georgie so fond of Robin?
10. What does Georgie do with Old Eddie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Robin and Georgie were two characters who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)