|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Georgie feel about the upcoming play?
2. Who taught Robin to feed some animals?
3. What does Eddie say Robin will never do?
4. What does Georgie promise to do to be allowed to hear the boys' stories?
5. How does Robin die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kevin quit the play?
2. Why is Robin alone when he dies?
3. What does Georgie do for Robin when they are around other people, and why?
4. How does Robin die?
5. Why is Georgie allowed to continue attending the boys' school?
6. What does Georgie do after hearing all the stories at the over-nighter?
7. Why does Georgie refuse to join the drama class?
8. Why did Robin like having Paul around?
9. Why does Mr. Collier know how to teach Georgie?
10. What makes Georgie punch one of the other boys at the school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal was a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
How did Georgie's relationship with Mrs. Harper change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)