|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie do when he is hounded to take off his shirt?
2. What does Georgie learn to do at the end of the book?
3. Why does Mr. Collier start writing a story?
4. What does Georgie promise to do to be allowed to hear the boys' stories?
5. Who taught Robin to feed some animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Georgie most excited for during the choir concert?
2. Why is Georgie so fond of Robin?
3. What does Georgie do for Robin when they are around other people, and why?
4. What does Georgie do after hearing all the stories at the over-nighter?
5. What does Georgie do with Old Eddie?
6. Why does Richie quit the play?
7. What does Mrs. Harper do when she sees what Georgie is doing after Robin's service?
8. What does Mr. Collier do to make Georgie mad?
9. Why does Georgie realize he has been hating Mrs. Harper?
10. How does Mr. Collier spark Georgie's interest in learning to read?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the title of this book?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)