|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Georgie not join the drama class?
2. What part is Kevin playing in the play?
3. Who does Georgie want to share the boys' stories with?
4. What changed in Robin when he met Georgie?
5. What makes Eddie yell at Georgie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie do for Robin when they are around other people, and why?
2. What is Georgie most excited for during the choir concert?
3. What does Georgie say to Mrs. Harper at the end of the book?
4. Why is Georgie allowed to continue attending the boys' school?
5. How does Georgie come to be in the choir?
6. How does Mr. Collier spark Georgie's interest in learning to read?
7. Why does Georgie tell Mr. Collier he never learned how to read?
8. What does Georgie do with Old Eddie?
9. How does Georgie save the play?
10. What does Georgie do after the service for Robin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robin and Georgie were two characters who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)