|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie do after the service for Robin?
2. How does Robin feel without Paul around?
3. Who asks Georgie to sing at Robin's funeral?
4. What does Mr. Collier write a story about?
5. How does Georgie get home from Robin's grave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robin die?
2. What does Georgie do with Old Eddie?
3. How does Mr. Collier spark Georgie's interest in learning to read?
4. How does Georgie save the play?
5. Why does Richie quit the play?
6. What does Mrs. Harper want Georgie to do at the funeral?
7. What is Georgie most excited for during the choir concert?
8. Why does Georgie refuse to join the drama class?
9. Why is Georgie allowed to continue attending the boys' school?
10. What does Georgie do after hearing all the stories at the over-nighter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Georgie's relationship with Mrs. Harper change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)