|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the first time Georgie wants to impress Mrs. Harper?
2. Where did Mr. Collier used to work?
3. Why is Georgie able to stay at the school?
4. What does the Judge send to the boys' school?
5. How does Robin feel without Paul around?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Collier spark Georgie's interest in learning to read?
2. What does Mrs. Harper want Georgie to do at the funeral?
3. Why does Georgie refuse to join the drama class?
4. What is Georgie most excited for during the choir concert?
5. What does Georgie say to Mrs. Harper at the end of the book?
6. What does Georgie do after the service for Robin?
7. What does Georgie do after hearing all the stories at the over-nighter?
8. Why is Alice in Wonderland Mrs. Harper's favorite skit in the play?
9. What does Mrs. Harper say to Georgie at the end of the book?
10. Why is Georgie so fond of Robin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of abuse did Georgie receive in his life, and how did he respond to this?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)