|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie say he never learned to read?
(a) Nobody helped him.
(b) He never found it interesting.
(c) His mother told him not to.
(d) He is too stupid.
2. What makes Georgie jealous of Paul?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His memory that lives on.
(c) His relationship with his mother.
(d) His relationship with Robin.
3. What does Georgie do when he can't sing at the funeral?
(a) He sits back down.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He stands there and cries.
(d) He hugs Mrs. Harper.
4. What does Georgie realize he has in common with Mrs. Harper?
(a) They both love the garden.
(b) They are both lonely.
(c) They are both angry.
(d) They both have scars.
5. What is Georgie unable to feel after Robin's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Collier write a story about?
2. What makes Eddie like Georgie?
3. Where did Mr. Collier used to work?
4. What do the boys plan with the gift from the Judge?
5. What part is Richie playing in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richie quit the play?
2. What does Georgie say to Mrs. Harper at the end of the book?
3. Why does Kevin quit the play?
4. Why does Georgie tell Mr. Collier he never learned how to read?
5. Why did Robin like having Paul around?
6. How does Georgie come to be in the choir?
7. What does Georgie do after hearing all the stories at the over-nighter?
8. Why is Georgie allowed to continue attending the boys' school?
9. How does Georgie save the play?
10. How does Robin die?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)