|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie hate Mrs. Harper?
(a) She is a mother.
(b) She hurt the rosebush.
(c) She had another son.
(d) She cares for Georgie.
2. Who does Georgie practice in front of before the play?
(a) His rosebush.
(b) The mirror.
(c) Mrs. Harper.
3. Why does Georgie not tell any stories when the boys are telling stories?
(a) He doesn't know any.
(b) He is too embarrassed.
(c) He doesn't trust the boys yet.
(d) His are too sad.
4. What does Eddie say Robin will never do?
5. What has Mrs. Harper found at the end of the book?
(a) A new son.
(b) A reason to hope.
(c) A release of guilt.
(d) Another burden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Georgie feel when he is working with Eddie?
2. Why does Mr. Collier worry about the friendship between Robin and Georgie?
3. Why does Robin not get to see Paul anymore?
4. Who starts the drama class?
5. Who notices Georgie missing on the day of the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robin die?
2. What does Mr. Collier do to make Georgie mad?
3. Why does Georgie realize he has been hating Mrs. Harper?
4. Why does Richie quit the play?
5. What is Georgie most excited for during the choir concert?
6. How does Mr. Collier spark Georgie's interest in learning to read?
7. Why did Robin like having Paul around?
8. How does Georgie come to be in the choir?
9. Why is Robin alone when he dies?
10. What does Georgie do after hearing all the stories at the over-nighter?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)