|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Collier start writing a story?
(a) To make Robin laugh.
(b) To teach Georgie to read.
(c) To try for publication.
(d) To heal his heart.
2. What does Georgie have a talent for?
(d) All of these.
3. Why does Georgie not tell any stories when the boys are telling stories?
(a) He doesn't know any.
(b) He is too embarrassed.
(c) His are too sad.
(d) He doesn't trust the boys yet.
4. What kind of tone does the book end on?
5. What does Mr. Collier say children need to learn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie say Robin will never do?
2. What animal does Robin like to feed?
3. Who is with Robin when he dies?
4. Who plays Alice in the final production?
5. What does Georgie realize he has in common with Mrs. Harper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgie say to Mrs. Harper at the end of the book?
2. What does Georgie do after the service for Robin?
3. How does Georgie come to be in the choir?
4. How does Robin die?
5. What does Georgie do after hearing all the stories at the over-nighter?
6. How does Georgie save the play?
7. Why is Georgie so fond of Robin?
8. Why does Georgie tell Mr. Collier he never learned how to read?
9. What makes Georgie punch one of the other boys at the school?
10. Why does Georgie realize he has been hating Mrs. Harper?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)