|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Georgie sing at the funeral?
(a) He gets stage fright.
(b) He loses his voice.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is too sad.
2. Who hounds Georgie to take off his shirt?
3. What kind of stories are told during the big event facilitated by the gift from the Judge?
(a) Future stories.
(b) Scary stories.
(c) True stories.
(d) Happy stories.
4. How does Georgie feel after showing someone his scars?
5. What does Georgie promise to do to be allowed to hear the boys' stories?
(a) Take his medicine.
(b) Not play the games.
(c) Stay calm.
(d) Stay close to Timothy.
6. What does Georgie do in secret while watching play rehearsals?
(a) Writes some music.
(b) Memorizes the lines.
(c) Writes his own play.
(d) Thinks of his mother.
7. What does Georgie learn to do at the end of the book?
8. Where does Georgie usually meet Robin?
(a) At the pond.
(b) By the gate.
(c) In the school.
(d) In his room.
9. Who asks Georgie to sing at Robin's funeral?
(a) Mr. Collier.
(b) Judge O'Neil.
(c) Mary Angela.
10. What has improved in Georgie since he came to the school?
(a) His health.
(b) All of these.
(c) His attitude.
(d) His self-esteem.
11. Why does Mrs. Harper love the Alice in Wonderland skit?
(a) It was Paul's skit.
(b) It puts her in a happy mood.
(c) It is her favorite book.
(d) It is Robin's favorite.
12. What instrument does Sister play?
13. What does Sister ask Georgie and Timothy to do for her in their exam?
14. When is the first time Georgie wants to impress Mrs. Harper?
(a) The final exams.
(b) The prayer meeting.
(c) The choir concert.
(d) The track meet.
15. Why does Georgie hate Mrs. Harper?
(a) She cares for Georgie.
(b) She hurt the rosebush.
(c) She is a mother.
(d) She had another son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Georgie want to share the boys' stories with?
2. What is Eddie's job?
3. What changes in Georgie's behavior as he works with Eddie?
4. Who is with Georgie at the end of the book?
5. Who allows Georgie to have a special tutor?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)