|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Georgie at the end of the book?
(d) Mrs. Harper.
2. What has Mrs. Harper found at the end of the book?
(a) Another burden.
(b) A release of guilt.
(c) A new son.
(d) A reason to hope.
3. Where is the service for Robin held?
(a) The school.
(b) Mrs. Harper's house.
(c) A church.
(d) The garden.
4. What is Eddie's job?
5. What does Georgie realize he has in common with Mrs. Harper?
(a) They are both angry.
(b) They both love the garden.
(c) They are both lonely.
(d) They both have scars.
6. Who notices Georgie missing on the day of the funeral?
(a) Mary Angela.
(c) Mrs. Harper.
(d) Mr. Collier.
7. What does Georgie learn to do at the end of the book?
8. What gift does Robin bring Georgie while he is sick?
(b) A camera.
(d) Rose petals.
9. What makes Georgie hate Mr. Collier's story?
(a) He doesn't create pictures.
(b) He makes the rosebush sick.
(c) He writes about the accident.
(d) He includes Mrs. Harper.
10. What does Mr. Collier write a story about?
(a) All of these.
(d) The rosebush.
11. What does Mrs. Harper say she thinks of Georgie at the end of the book?
(a) He is wonderful.
(b) He is fragile.
(c) He is in need.
(d) He is her own.
12. What does Georgie do when he is hounded to take off his shirt?
(a) Punches the boy.
(b) Stands still like a statue.
(c) Lays down and cries.
(d) Runs away crying.
13. How does Georgie feel about the upcoming play?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He doesn't care at all.
(d) He is exited.
14. Who does Georgie say he cannot help hating?
(a) Mrs. Harper.
(c) All of these.
(d) His mother.
15. What does Georgie do at Robin's grave?
(a) Plants his rosebush.
(b) Reads their story.
(c) Places his flute there.
(d) Sings a song.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys at school feel about Robin's death?
2. Why does Mr. Collier worry about the friendship between Robin and Georgie?
3. What changed in Robin when he met Georgie?
4. Who taught Robin to feed some animals?
5. How does Eddie describe Paul?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)