|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has improved in Georgie since he came to the school?
(a) His health.
(b) His attitude.
(c) His self-esteem.
(d) All of these.
2. Who asks Georgie to sing at Robin's funeral?
(b) Mary Angela.
(c) Judge O'Neil.
(d) Mr. Collier.
3. What does the Judge send to the boys' school?
(a) Air mattresses.
(c) Bags of candy.
(d) A movie screen and projector.
4. What does Georgie do at Robin's grave?
(a) Places his flute there.
(b) Sings a song.
(c) Reads their story.
(d) Plants his rosebush.
5. Why does Georgie say he never learned to read?
(a) Nobody helped him.
(b) He is too stupid.
(c) His mother told him not to.
(d) He never found it interesting.
6. What does Georgie realize he has in common with Mrs. Harper?
(a) They both love the garden.
(b) They both have scars.
(c) They are both lonely.
(d) They are both angry.
7. Who does Georgie tell about his regret in hating Mrs. Harper?
(b) Mr. Collier.
(d) Mary Angela.
8. Who is with Georgie at the end of the book?
(a) Mrs. Harper.
9. What makes Eddie like Georgie?
(a) His sad past.
(b) His kindness to Robin.
(c) His hard work.
(d) His love for gardening.
10. How are Paul and Robin related?
(a) Paul is Robin's uncle.
(b) They are step-brothers.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are cousins.
11. How do the boys at school feel about Robin's death?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are ambivalent.
(d) They are sad.
12. Who finds Georgie at Robin's grave?
(a) Mary Angela.
(c) Mrs. Harper.
(d) Mr. Collier.
13. What kind of stories are told during the big event facilitated by the gift from the Judge?
(a) Scary stories.
(b) Happy stories.
(c) Future stories.
(d) True stories.
14. What does Georgie promise to do to be allowed to hear the boys' stories?
(a) Stay close to Timothy.
(b) Take his medicine.
(c) Not play the games.
(d) Stay calm.
15. How does Georgie feel when Robin comes to visit him while he is sick?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie do when he can't sing at the funeral?
2. Where is the service for Robin held?
3. What does Sister ask Georgie and Timothy to do for her in their exam?
4. Why does Mr. Collier start writing a story?
5. Who hounds Georgie to take off his shirt?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)