|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Georgie jealous of Paul?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His relationship with Robin.
(c) His memory that lives on.
(d) His relationship with his mother.
2. How does Georgie feel when he is working with Eddie?
3. What does Mr. Collier write a story about?
(c) All of these.
(d) The rosebush.
4. What does Georgie promise to do to be allowed to hear the boys' stories?
(a) Stay calm.
(b) Not play the games.
(c) Stay close to Timothy.
(d) Take his medicine.
5. What does Georgie do when he is hounded to take off his shirt?
(a) Stands still like a statue.
(b) Runs away crying.
(c) Punches the boy.
(d) Lays down and cries.
6. What kind of tone does the book end on?
7. What does Sister ask Georgie and Timothy to do for her in their exam?
8. What changes in Georgie's behavior as he works with Eddie?
(a) He talks more.
(b) He forgives Mrs. Harper.
(c) He acts like Eddie.
(d) He is more quiet.
9. What does Georgie do at Robin's grave?
(a) Places his flute there.
(b) Reads their story.
(c) Sings a song.
(d) Plants his rosebush.
10. How does Eddie describe Paul?
11. What does Georgie think of Mrs. Harper when she comes to the concert?
(a) She is just like his mother.
(b) She can help him.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She ruins everything.
12. How does Georgie feel when Robin comes to visit him while he is sick?
13. Why does Georgie not join the drama class?
(a) Mrs. Harper is teaching it.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) It meets during his times with Robin.
(d) He is too shy.
14. Where does Georgie usually meet Robin?
(a) At the pond.
(b) In the school.
(c) By the gate.
(d) In his room.
15. What does the Judge send to the boys' school?
(a) Air mattresses.
(b) Bags of candy.
(d) A movie screen and projector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgie do after the service for Robin?
2. Why does Georgie not tell any stories when the boys are telling stories?
3. Who is with Robin when he dies?
4. Who is the only person Georgie tells about his scars?
5. Who does Georgie practice in front of before the play?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)