|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie say he never learned to read?
(a) His mother told him not to.
(b) Nobody helped him.
(c) He is too stupid.
(d) He never found it interesting.
2. What has improved in Georgie since he came to the school?
(a) His attitude.
(b) All of these.
(c) His health.
(d) His self-esteem.
3. How are Paul and Robin related?
(a) Paul is Robin's uncle.
(b) They are step-brothers.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are cousins.
4. Who is the only person Georgie tells about his scars?
5. How does Georgie get home from Robin's grave?
(a) He walks away.
(b) He takes the bus.
(c) He is driven away.
(d) He rides his bike away.
6. What does Georgie do in secret while watching play rehearsals?
(a) Memorizes the lines.
(b) Writes his own play.
(c) Writes some music.
(d) Thinks of his mother.
7. What does Georgie learn to do at the end of the book?
8. Where is the service for Robin held?
(a) The school.
(b) Mrs. Harper's house.
(c) The garden.
(d) A church.
9. What does Georgie promise to do to be allowed to hear the boys' stories?
(a) Not play the games.
(b) Stay calm.
(c) Take his medicine.
(d) Stay close to Timothy.
10. Who finds Georgie at Robin's grave?
(b) Mary Angela.
(c) Mr. Collier.
(d) Mrs. Harper.
11. Who brings Robin to visit Georgie while he is sick?
(a) Mrs. Harper.
(b) Mr. Collier.
(d) Mary Angela.
12. How do the boys at school feel about Robin's death?
(a) They are sad.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are ambivalent.
(d) They are confused.
13. Who plays the Mad Hatter in the final production?
(c) Mr. Collier.
14. Why does Georgie hate Mrs. Harper?
(a) She is a mother.
(b) She had another son.
(c) She hurt the rosebush.
(d) She cares for Georgie.
15. What does Robin like to do with the person who reminds him of Paul?
(b) Read stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robin feel without Paul around?
2. What does Georgie wish Mrs. Harper was to him?
3. What happens when Robin tries to feed some animals by himself?
4. Who is with Georgie at the end of the book?
5. What does Georgie think of Mrs. Harper when she comes to the concert?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)