|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the first time Georgie wants to impress Mrs. Harper?
(a) The choir concert.
(b) The final exams.
(c) The track meet.
(d) The prayer meeting.
2. How do the boys at school feel about Robin's death?
(a) They are ambivalent.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are sad.
3. What does Robin like to do with the person who reminds him of Paul?
(b) Read stories.
4. What does Georgie do for Robin when they are around other people?
(a) Defends him.
(b) Shields him.
(d) Wheels him around.
5. Who does Georgie practice in front of before the play?
(b) The mirror.
(c) Mrs. Harper.
(d) His rosebush.
6. Why can't Georgie sing at the funeral?
(a) He gets stage fright.
(b) He loses his voice.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is too sad.
7. Why does Georgie say he never learned to read?
(a) He is too stupid.
(b) He never found it interesting.
(c) Nobody helped him.
(d) His mother told him not to.
8. What changes in Georgie's behavior as he works with Eddie?
(a) He is more quiet.
(b) He acts like Eddie.
(c) He forgives Mrs. Harper.
(d) He talks more.
9. What is Georgie unable to feel after Robin's death?
10. Where does Georgie usually meet Robin?
(a) At the pond.
(b) By the gate.
(c) In his room.
(d) In the school.
11. Why is Georgie able to stay at the school?
(a) The state mandated it.
(b) Mrs. Harper gave her permission.
(c) He learned to read.
(d) Someone paid his tuition.
12. Why does Mrs. Harper pull the Alice in Wonderland skit?
(a) Richie gets hit.
(b) Her father doesn't like it.
(c) Kevin gets in trouble.
(d) It is not ready.
13. Who starts teaching Georgie to read?
(a) Mr. Collier.
(b) Mary Angela.
14. What does Georgie have a talent for?
(a) All of these.
15. What changed in Robin when he met Georgie?
(a) He got more active.
(b) He was more quiet.
(c) He got stronger.
(d) He was happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tone does the book end on?
2. Who is the only person Georgie tells about his scars?
3. How does Georgie feel when Robin comes to visit him while he is sick?
4. What kind of questions does Georgie hate to answer?
5. How does Georgie feel when he is working with Eddie?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)