|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie hate Mrs. Harper?
(a) She hurt the rosebush.
(b) She cares for Georgie.
(c) She is a mother.
(d) She had another son.
2. What gift does Robin bring Georgie while he is sick?
(a) A camera.
(b) Rose petals.
3. Who finds Georgie at Robin's grave?
(a) Mr. Collier.
(b) Mrs. Harper.
(c) Mary Angela.
4. Why can't Georgie sing at the funeral?
(a) He loses his voice.
(b) He gets stage fright.
(c) He is too sad.
(d) He is sick.
5. Who is with Robin when he dies?
6. What makes Georgie hate Mr. Collier's story?
(a) He includes Mrs. Harper.
(b) He writes about the accident.
(c) He doesn't create pictures.
(d) He makes the rosebush sick.
7. What does Georgie think of Mrs. Harper when she comes to the concert?
(a) She is just like his mother.
(b) She can help him.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She ruins everything.
8. Why is Georgie able to stay at the school?
(a) The state mandated it.
(b) He learned to read.
(c) Someone paid his tuition.
(d) Mrs. Harper gave her permission.
9. Where is the service for Robin held?
(a) Mrs. Harper's house.
(b) A church.
(c) The garden.
(d) The school.
10. What makes Eddie like Georgie?
(a) His love for gardening.
(b) His hard work.
(c) His kindness to Robin.
(d) His sad past.
11. What is Georgie doing when he is hounded to take off his shirt?
(a) Playing soccer.
12. Who asks Georgie to sing at Robin's funeral?
(a) Judge O'Neil.
(b) Mary Angela.
(d) Mr. Collier.
13. Who tells Georgie that he will be able to stay at the school?
(a) Mary Angela.
(c) Mrs. Harper.
(d) Mr. Collier.
14. Why does Mr. Collier worry about the friendship between Robin and Georgie?
(a) He worries Georgie won't have any normal friends.
(b) He worries Robin will hold Georgie back.
(c) He worries Georgie will get Robin sick.
(d) He worries Robin will grow too attached to Georgie.
15. What does Georgie do at Robin's grave?
(a) Places his flute there.
(b) Plants his rosebush.
(c) Sings a song.
(d) Reads their story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person Georgie tells about his scars?
2. How does Robin die?
3. Why does Georgie not join the drama class?
4. What makes Georgie jealous of Paul?
5. What does the person who finds Georgie at Robin's grave do?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)