|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 & 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
(a) So he won't get beat.
(b) So he won't smell the drugs.
(c) So he won't get teased.
(d) So he won't see his mother harassed.
2. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him?
(a) He needs to be stronger.
(b) He needs to accept that people will knock him around.
(c) He needs to be less of a burden.
(d) He needs to see his place in the world.
3. Why is Georgie able to stay at the school?
(a) He learned to read.
(b) The state mandated it.
(c) Mrs. Harper gave her permission.
(d) Someone paid his tuition.
4. How is Steve related to Georgie?
(a) He is dating Georgie's mother.
(b) They are distant cousins.
(c) He is Georgie's step-father.
(d) He is Georgie's uncle.
5. Why does Georgie sit in the back of the classroom at the beginning of the book?
(a) He prefers the back row.
(b) Because he is very tall.
(c) So the teacher can ignore him.
(d) He is seated alphabetically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stories are told during the big event facilitated by the gift from the Judge?
2. What is Mrs. Harper's name?
3. What does Georgie want to do with the garden at his new school?
4. Who brings Robin to visit Georgie while he is sick?
5. Where does Georgie meet Rosita?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)