|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Georgie hide when Steve comes over?
(a) So he won't get teased.
(b) So he won't see his mother harassed.
(c) So he won't smell the drugs.
(d) So he won't get beat.
2. What does Ellen ask Georgie to do at the beginning of the book?
(a) Return a book.
(b) Visit her daughter.
(c) Be on time next time.
(d) Say hello to his mother.
3. Why does Georgie get worried about winning the lottery?
(a) Steve will accuse him of stealing.
(b) There might be prizes he doesn't want.
(c) He is not old enough to gamble.
(d) He will have to share.
4. What does Georgie's mother say ruined her life?
(a) Going to prison.
(b) Having Georgie.
(c) Dating Steve.
(d) Quitting school.
5. What does Georgie never do with his favorite book?
(a) Show it to his mother.
(b) Lend it out.
(c) Return it to the library.
(d) Read it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Georgie live?
2. Why does Georgie not turn in Steve after he is sent to the hospital?
3. What is Georgie's favorite book about?
4. How did Mrs. Harper's son die?
5. How is Steve related to Georgie?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)