|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bryson tune in to a Canadian radio station?
(a) His friend is being interviewed.
(b) They listen to better music.
(c) There is no useful information on American ones.
(d) He wants to know the weather up there.
2. How does Bryson get around paying the entrance fee to Colonial Williamsburg?
(a) He pretends to be a guide.
(b) He walks in rather than taking the shuttle bus.
(c) He sneaks in.
(d) He knows someone at the ticket office.
3. What does Bryson observe about the cemetery in Peacham?
(a) It's very large for a small town.
(b) The headstones are new.
(c) It's like a public park.
(d) It's very small.
4. What does Bryson do while visiting Hal and Lucia?
(a) Tells stories.
(d) Visits other friends.
5. What did Bryson intend to talk about when talking about health care?
(a) How uninteresting Wisconsin is.
(b) How he misses Britain.
(c) How he always hopes for the best.
(d) How he should have gone to medical school.
6. How does Bryson feel about Wiscasset?
(a) It's almost perfect.
(b) It's not worth the travel time.
(c) It's too crowded.
(d) It's not well known enough.
7. Why is Mackinac City closed down?
(a) There's been a crime.
(b) It's winter.
(c) They're bankrupt.
(d) There's been an earthquake.
8. How is Philadelphia better than Bryson remembers from his childhood?
(a) It's not as much fun.
(b) The mayor renamed the streets.
(c) It's built a new suburb.
(d) The ghettos aren't as bad.
9. Bryson refers to Bloomsburg, where his brother lives, as the ______.
(a) Pinnacle of home.
(b) Last fronteir.
(d) Worst place on earth.
10. What is Bryson's opinion of Gettysburg?
(a) It's too touristy.
(b) It's not well maintained.
(c) It's not as fun as he remembers.
(d) It's out-dated.
11. Why does Bryson believe aliens have taken over Littleton?
(a) Because he believes everything he hears.
(b) Because the people never eat.
(c) Because no one ever sleeps.
(d) Because everyone is so nice.
12. Why does Bryson visit the Eisenhower home?
(a) He has fond memories there.
(b) He never saw it when he was younger.
(c) He feels guilty for not getting anything from his visit to Gettysburg.
(d) It's the only thing open in the area.
13. Who would Bryson terrorize in the park at Gettysburg?
(b) His parents.
14. Bryson observes that the Eisenhower home is so well preserved it looked like Ike and Mamie _______.
(a) Didn't live in the house.
(b) Planned its exibition.
(c) Wandered off.
(d) Were very messy.
15. Why does Bryson smile at everyone in Littleton?
(a) Because he's in a good mood.
(b) To stay on their good-side.
(c) To scare them.
(d) Because it's polite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tourists are crowding Cape Cod?
2. How did Bryson feel about New York as a teenager?
3. What does the apothecary shop in Colonial Williamsburg sell?
4. Why does Bryson believe women are good at operating Mount Vernon?
5. People are _____ when Bryson tells them of the dignitary he saw in D.C.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)