|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Mississippi police officer trying to ask Bryson in his thick accent?
(a) "Where is the bus station?"
(b) "How do you like Mississippi?"
(c) "Do you know where you're going?"
(d) "Where are you from?"
2. What does Bryson say he, like all midwesterners, love?
3. Why does Bryson stop in Bryson City?
(a) His brother lives there.
(b) It shares his name.
(c) He was named after it.
(d) It's where his parents got married.
4. What pop-culture medium does Bryson claim paints southerners in a bad light?
(c) Reality television.
(d) Fashion magazines.
5. Bryson says the three things that kill a farmer are: "lightning, rolling over in a tractor, and _____".
(b) Old age.
(c) Wild animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What annoys Bryson about all the signs in Beaufort?
2. According to Bryson's generalization, who will people from Des Moines marry?
3. What does Bryson say he set out to Missouri with?
4. After visiting Cherokee and Gatlinburg, in Bryson's opinion, what do Americans think it is necessary to do to a place?
5. What awes Bryson about Savannah?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)