Chapters 1 through 4
1. According to Bryson's generalization, who will people from Des Moines marry?
(a) No one.
(b) A foreigner.
(c) A New Yorker.
(d) A local girl.
2. According to Bryson's generalization, where will people from Des Moines work?
(c) The hospital.
(d) The grocery store.
3. People who pass through Des Moines are only stopping to get _____, according to Bryson.
(a) A hotel room.
4. Bryson states that people who pass through Des Moines and stay for years are confused, but _____ in their decision.
5. What does Bryson claim is good about Des Moines in comparison the rest of Iowa?
(a) It is wealthier and better educated.
(b) It has a nicer scenery.
(c) Famous people pass through.
(d) It's less expensive.
6. Bryson decides he wants to travel after watching _________.
(a) A soccer game.
(b) A dog fight.
(c) A documentary.
(d) An old movie.
This section contains 4,367 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)