|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does David's second visitor at the Hill tell him?
2. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
3. Why was the Jones' foster care home closed down?
4. Where did David have to go after he was blamed for John's plan?
5. David begins to see a new psychiatrist during his time with the Turnboughs. Who is his new doctor?
Essay Topic 1
There are many instances during "The Lost Boy" where David describes his mother's actions. During many of these descriptions, she is cold and removed from David. Rarely is she ever kind to David. Citing specific examples, describe five of Roevra's actions toward her son. Where her actions toward David justified? Did Roevra ever apologize or explain her actions toward David?
Essay Topic 2
David lived with many different foster care parents. David was fortunate, because he was able to stay with three of the families for extended periods of time. Which household--the Catanzes', the Turnboughs', or the Walshes'--provided the best experience for David? Please include three specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
David had two main social workers in during his time in foster care. How did the social workers aid David? Were there any instances in which they hindered David? Compare and contrast David's relationships with his case workers.
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)