|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
2. What did Lilian bring with her on her visit to the Hill?
3. After the failed plan, what does David beg John to do?
4. Summer is over and David returns to school. Who 'befriends' David?
5. What did David's mother stand up and shout during the hearing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David initially spent 100 days in the Hill and revisited it on several occasions, when Gordan would place him there as a temporary foster home. Explain how David's time at the Hill changed his life. What were the benefits and drawbacks to David's stays there? How did the environment at the Hill aid David?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, David states that his brothers were still living with his mother. Using examples from the book, do you feel that the other Pelzer children should or should not have been placed in the foster care system? What did the foster system represent to the Pelzer family?
Essay Topic 3
David has to visit a psychiatrist while at the Catanzes'. Later, while living with the Turnboughs, David visits a second psychiatrist, Donald Roberson. Compare and contrast the two psychiatrists using examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)