Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
2. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
3. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
4. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
5. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
A common theme throughout David's life is the belief that he deserved the abuse he received from his mother. David later finds out that many children who are abused also have these same feelings. How did this thinking pattern affect David throughout his life? Did David ever release himself from this "I deserve abuse" mind-set? Cite examples to support your answer.
Because of the abuse he suffered, David struggles with many fears. Give examples of David's fears and how he overcomes them. Do some of his fears subside as the story progresses? Which fears persist?
Why was David singled out for his mother's abuse? Given what you know from reading the story, how did the abuse affect the other family members?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)