|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. David is sent to live with Harold and Alice Turnbough. What aren't The Turnboughs licensed for?
2. How does David describe the new neighborhood that he and his foster family move to in the "Coming Around" chapter?
3. How does David feel when he's moved to the new wing at the Hill?
4. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
5. What happened to David when he called a girl a 'horror'?
Essay Topic 1
David had two main social workers in during his time in foster care. How did the social workers aid David? Were there any instances in which they hindered David? Compare and contrast David's relationships with his case workers.
Essay Topic 2
David's mother wanted to control him even after he was placed in the foster care system. List several ways she was able to "control" David even though she didn't see or have custody of him.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did David keep his emotions to himself? Where there any instances in which David expressed his emotions? Citing examples from the story, explain how and why David kept his emotions pent up.
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)