Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
2. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
3. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
4. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
5. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
Essay Topic 1
David faced many conflicts in the story. How did David overcome these conflicts? Were there any instances in which David had mishandled conflicts? How did David's ability to face conflict change as he grew older?
Essay Topic 2
David initially spent 100 days in the Hill and revisited it on several occasions, when Gordan would place him there as a temporary foster home. Explain how David's time at the Hill changed his life. What were the benefits and drawbacks to David's stays there? How did the environment at the Hill aid David?
Essay Topic 3
A common theme throughout David's life is the belief that he deserved the abuse he received from his mother. David later finds out that many children who are abused also have these same feelings. How did this thinking pattern affect David throughout his life? Did David ever release himself from this "I deserve abuse" mind-set? Cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)