|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
2. What does David begin to turn off because of all the drama that's been in his life?
3. From whose arms did Gordan have to physically remove David when it was time to leave?
4. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
5. Why did David feel he did well at the juvenile lock-up?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Coming Around chapter, David is in high school and making true friends. Who are some of the people David makes friends with when the Walshes move? Please give a brief description of their relationships.
2. When David goes to court, what does his lawyer tell the judge?
3. Why did David join the Air Force?
4. In the Estranged chapter, when David is being removed from the Catanzes', Gordan tells David he should feel fortunate to have been with one family for so long, and that David shouldn't complain about the move. Why did Gordan say this to David?
5. In the Break Away chapter, David visits the Russian River once again. What did David take with him, and why was it important?
6. When living with the Turnboughs, why did David have an issue with Bruce?
7. When David is living with the Nulls, what does he do for Joanne when she is upset?
8. Why did David feel responsible for the Nulls' divorce?
9. In the Estranged chapter, David meets his brother and they decide to meet again the next day. Describe in detail what happened when David tried to find his brother after school the next day.
10. Where did David go after the Johnny Jones incident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David lived with many different foster care parents. David was fortunate, because he was able to stay with three of the families for extended periods of time. Which household--the Catanzes', the Turnboughs', or the Walshes'--provided the best experience for David? Please include three specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
When his mother hugged him, David said he wanted to hold onto what he felt at that moment forever. Explain why David would want to hold onto this moment. Were there any other instances of moments David wanted to relive? Why was this moment significant?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways do the chapter titles provide insights into the story's themes? Where the titles important? How do they help one understand what is happening in the story?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)