|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was David's second visitor at The Hill?
2. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
3. Who drove David to the Hill?
4. How does David feel when he's moved to the new wing at the Hill?
5. Who becomes David's probation officer?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
2. Where did David go after the Johnny Jones incident?
3. Why didn't anyone believe David when he said he didn't start the fire?
4. When living with the Turnboughs, why did David have an issue with Bruce?
5. What two items did David accidentally leave behind at the Catanze's?
6. When David becomes a model student at the Hill, what does he achieve?
7. When David is living with the Nulls, what does he do for Joanne when she is upset?
8. Why did David join the Air Force?
9. In the Break Away chapter, David visits the Russian River once again. What did David take with him, and why was it important?
10. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did David keep his emotions to himself? Where there any instances in which David expressed his emotions? Citing examples from the story, explain how and why David kept his emotions pent up.
Essay Topic 2
There are many instances during "The Lost Boy" where David describes his mother's actions. During many of these descriptions, she is cold and removed from David. Rarely is she ever kind to David. Citing specific examples, describe five of Roevra's actions toward her son. Where her actions toward David justified? Did Roevra ever apologize or explain her actions toward David?
Essay Topic 3
On March 5, 1973, three years after David ran away, one of David's teachers alerted authorities of David's abuse. Describe the process David had to endure after his case was reported to authorities.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)