Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
2. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
3. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
4. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
5. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the symbolism represented by David's bicycle. Was the bicycle an important aspect to David's story? How did the bike change David?
Essay Topic 2
David initially spent 100 days in the Hill and revisited it on several occasions, when Gordan would place him there as a temporary foster home. Explain how David's time at the Hill changed his life. What were the benefits and drawbacks to David's stays there? How did the environment at the Hill aid David?
Essay Topic 3
When David became a foster child, he lacked many social norms. For instance, David didn't know you should knock on someone's door before entering their house. How did other characters in the story teach David social and foster care norms? What did this do for David on a broader scale?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)