|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
2. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
3. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
4. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
5. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
Essay Topic 1
David had trouble making friends throughout his teenage years. He tells of many instances where he made friends whose goals were to get David into some type of trouble. Explain how David's friendships effected his life. Why did David make the friendships he made? Did the type of friendships he made throughout the story change? If so, how or why? Explain why having a close friend is an essential part of adolescence.
Essay Topic 2
How did growing up in the foster care system shape David's life? Would he have had the same experiences had he grown up in his mother's home? Why/Why not?
Essay Topic 3
When David became a foster child, he lacked many social norms. For instance, David didn't know you should knock on someone's door before entering their house. How did other characters in the story teach David social and foster care norms? What did this do for David on a broader scale?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)