|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did David say were his true mother and father?
2. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
3. How many days did the judge sentence David to stay at the Hill.
4. What was the occupation of David's Father?
5. Summer is over and David returns to school. Who 'befriends' David?
Essay Topic 1
On March 5, 1973, three years after David ran away, one of David's teachers alerted authorities of David's abuse. Describe the process David had to endure after his case was reported to authorities.
Essay Topic 2
Why was David singled out for his mother's abuse? Given what you know from reading the story, how did the abuse affect the other family members?
Essay Topic 3
David has to visit a psychiatrist while at the Catanzes'. Later, while living with the Turnboughs, David visits a second psychiatrist, Donald Roberson. Compare and contrast the two psychiatrists using examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)