Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
2. Who catches the boy stealing and calls the police?
3. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
4. Who tormented David and called him a wimp for not fighting his mother?
5. When David goes on a picnic with the Catanzes who did he meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
2. While at the Hill, what did the mental health person want David to do?
3. Why does David's father allow the abuse to persist?
4. In the chapter entitled Adrift, what did David think when his visitor didn't show up at the appointed time?
5. In New Beginnings, what does Tony do for David?
6. In the Break Away chapter, David visits the Russian River once again. What did David take with him, and why was it important?
7. After his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's, David changed the story he told Ms. Gold. Why did David change his story?
8. What is the bicycle a symbol of to David?
9. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
10. When David goes to court, what does his lawyer tell the judge?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did David keep his emotions to himself? Where there any instances in which David expressed his emotions? Citing examples from the story, explain how and why David kept his emotions pent up.
Essay Topic 2
David faced many conflicts in the story. How did David overcome these conflicts? Were there any instances in which David had mishandled conflicts? How did David's ability to face conflict change as he grew older?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways do the chapter titles provide insights into the story's themes? Where the titles important? How do they help one understand what is happening in the story?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)