|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the boy desperately want from his parents?
2. What did David's mother say at the trial?
3. The boy steals this object while at the pizza bar:
4. When David goes on a picnic with the Catanzes who did he meet?
5. What medical condition did Chris have?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Adrift chapter, why did Chris have fear in his eyes when he talked to David?
2. What makes the note David wrote in The Trial significant?
3. What is Ms. Gold's response in The Trial when David asks what will happen to his brothers?
4. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, what did the police officer tell David's mother?
5. When the judge asked David where he wanted to live, David became overwhelmed by two emotions towards his mother. What were they?
6. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, why did David feel he should be placed in jail?
7. After David's custody trial, what does he say to Ms. Gold?
8. David's abuse wasn't reported until he was 12 years old. Why didn't anyone report the abuse sooner?
9. David and Big Larry come up with a plan. What was the plan called, and what were the details of the plan?
10. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, how did David react when Aunt Mary grabbed his arm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David had trouble making friends throughout his teenage years. He tells of many instances where he made friends whose goals were to get David into some type of trouble. Explain how David's friendships effected his life. Why did David make the friendships he made? Did the type of friendships he made throughout the story change? If so, how or why? Explain why having a close friend is an essential part of adolescence.
Essay Topic 2
Describe David's relationship with his father, then compare and contrast it with David's relationship with his mother. Why does David's father act the way he does? What might a reader assume about David's father from evidence provided in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the symbolism represented by David's bicycle. Was the bicycle an important aspect to David's story? How did the bike change David?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)