|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lilian punish David when he breaks her rules?
2. The person at the bar gives the boy these two items:
3. Who tells the boy "It hasn't the guts to go?"
4. What lie was told to the police officer by Father?
5. Why doesn't David want Ms. Gold to tell the court about his abuse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "The Hill?"
2. In The Trial, what does Ms. Gold tell David on the way to his trial?
3. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, why did David feel he should be placed in jail?
4. What two items did David accidentally leave behind at the Catanze's?
5. When the judge asked David where he wanted to live, David became overwhelmed by two emotions towards his mother. What were they?
6. David is again placed with the Turnboughs. David informs Alice that this is where he belongs. One day David realizes that he cannot preform a simple life skills task, and begs Alice to teach him. What was the task, and what happened when David attempted the task?
7. What is the bicycle a symbol of to David?
8. How does David feel about the press that the foster care system receives?
9. Why does David's father allow the abuse to persist?
10. In the Adrift chapter, why did Chris have fear in his eyes when he talked to David?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways do the chapter titles provide insights into the story's themes? Where the titles important? How do they help one understand what is happening in the story?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did David keep his emotions to himself? Where there any instances in which David expressed his emotions? Citing examples from the story, explain how and why David kept his emotions pent up.
Essay Topic 3
David had two main social workers in during his time in foster care. How did the social workers aid David? Were there any instances in which they hindered David? Compare and contrast David's relationships with his case workers.
This section contains 1,370 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)