|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David discover when Big Larry and he returned home?
2. David is taken to a psychiatrist, what name does the psychiatrist insist on calling David?
3. David hugs his mother good-bye after his trial. How did David feel about the hug?
4. Who was Ms. Gold?
5. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the date August 21, 1973 important to David?
2. What makes the note David wrote in The Trial significant?
3. In New Beginnings, David tells about some of the torment his mother put him through. What did David feel was an accident when he didn't finish the dishes fast enough?
4. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, what did the police officer tell David's mother?
5. Why didn't David understand simple terms, such as "grounded?"
6. Why does David dread commercial breaks?
7. What item becomes David's obsession at The Catanze's?
8. In the Adrift chapter, why did Chris have fear in his eyes when he talked to David?
9. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, how did David react when Aunt Mary grabbed his arm?
10. David and Big Larry come up with a plan. What was the plan called, and what were the details of the plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the symbolism represented by David's bicycle. Was the bicycle an important aspect to David's story? How did the bike change David?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways do the chapter titles provide insights into the story's themes? Where the titles important? How do they help one understand what is happening in the story?
Essay Topic 3
On March 5, 1973, three years after David ran away, one of David's teachers alerted authorities of David's abuse. Describe the process David had to endure after his case was reported to authorities.
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)