|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did David's Mother once force him to eat as punishment.
2. What is David hurt by when Roevra visits him?
3. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
4. David says he used to like school, but he now hates it. Why does David hate school?
5. How did David's mother react at the trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. In The Trial, what does Ms. Gold tell David on the way to his trial?
2. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
3. In The Run Away Chapter, why does David thrive for the hours he is away from the house?
4. In the chapter entitled Adrift, there are several instances where David wanted to talk to Lilian. What emotions inhibited the conversations from happening.
5. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, how did David react when Aunt Mary grabbed his arm?
6. After his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's, David changed the story he told Ms. Gold. Why did David change his story?
7. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, what did the police officer tell David's mother?
8. David and Big Larry come up with a plan. What was the plan called, and what were the details of the plan?
9. Why didn't David understand simple terms, such as "grounded?"
10. Why is the date August 21, 1973 important to David?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe David's relationship with his father, then compare and contrast it with David's relationship with his mother. Why does David's father act the way he does? What might a reader assume about David's father from evidence provided in the book?
Essay Topic 2
David had trouble making friends throughout his teenage years. He tells of many instances where he made friends whose goals were to get David into some type of trouble. Explain how David's friendships effected his life. Why did David make the friendships he made? Did the type of friendships he made throughout the story change? If so, how or why? Explain why having a close friend is an essential part of adolescence.
Essay Topic 3
On March 5, 1973, three years after David ran away, one of David's teachers alerted authorities of David's abuse. Describe the process David had to endure after his case was reported to authorities.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)