Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
2. Who catches the boy stealing and calls the police?
3. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
4. Who tormented David and called him a wimp for not fighting his mother?
5. When David goes on a picnic with the Catanzes who did he meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
2. While at the Hill, what did the mental health person want David to do?
3. Why does David's father allow the abuse to persist?
4. In the chapter entitled Adrift, what did David think when his visitor didn't show up at the appointed time?
5. In New Beginnings, what does Tony do for David?
6. In the Break Away chapter, David visits the Russian River once again. What did David take with him, and why was it important?
7. After his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's, David changed the story he told Ms. Gold. Why did David change his story?
8. What is the bicycle a symbol of to David?
9. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
10. When David goes to court, what does his lawyer tell the judge?
Essay Topic 1
Describe David's relationship with his father, then compare and contrast it with David's relationship with his mother. Why does David's father act the way he does? What might a reader assume about David's father from evidence provided in the book?
Essay Topic 2
David had two main social workers in during his time in foster care. How did the social workers aid David? Were there any instances in which they hindered David? Compare and contrast David's relationships with his case workers.
Essay Topic 3
David lived with many different foster care parents. David was fortunate, because he was able to stay with three of the families for extended periods of time. Which household--the Catanzes', the Turnboughs', or the Walshes'--provided the best experience for David? Please include three specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)