|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization did David have after meeting with his father in the "Break Away" chapter?
(a) That he would see his father the next day.
(b) That he didn't love his father.
(c) That he would never see his father again.
(d) That he would move in with his father when he turned 18.
2. After trying to meet with his brother the second day, David and Carlos run. What did David fear was going to happen?
(a) He feared his mother would run him over with her car.
(b) He feared his father was going to stab him.
(c) He feared his mother was going to stab him.
(d) He feared his father would kidnap him.
3. Who is David mad at after he completes the Johnny Jones task?
(a) Johnny Jones.
4. At David's new foster home in the "Coming Around" chapter, the foster parents decided to move. What did David assume would happen when they moved?
(a) He would move with them.
(b) He would be placed in a new foster home.
(c) He would move to his mother's.
(d) He assumed nothing, because the family didn't move.
5. Where did Rudy threaten to take David if he didn't change his attitude?
(a) The Hall.
(b) The Garage.
(c) The Big House.
(d) The Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David's new psychiatrist feel David would benefit from reading?
2. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
3. While at the Turnboughs, why does David only wash his clothes on Saturdays and Sundays?
4. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
5. Why was the Jones' foster care home closed down?
Short Essay Questions
1. David is again placed with the Turnboughs. David informs Alice that this is where he belongs. One day David realizes that he cannot preform a simple life skills task, and begs Alice to teach him. What was the task, and what happened when David attempted the task?
2. In the Estranged chapter, when David sees Russell, his brother, why doesn't David tell that he thinks Russell is now being abused?
3. What two items did David accidentally leave behind at the Catanze's?
4. When David becomes a model student at the Hill, what does he achieve?
5. In the Estranged chapter, when David is being removed from the Catanzes', Gordan tells David he should feel fortunate to have been with one family for so long, and that David shouldn't complain about the move. Why did Gordan say this to David?
6. In the Mother's Love chapter, whose house did David refer to as his home?
7. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
8. In the chapter entitled The Defiant One, David is on a quest for friendships. Where does this quest lead him?
9. Why did David join the Air Force?
10. Why did David ask to be removed from the Walshes' household?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)