|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization did David have after meeting with his father in the "Break Away" chapter?
(a) That he didn't love his father.
(b) That he would move in with his father when he turned 18.
(c) That he would never see his father again.
(d) That he would see his father the next day.
2. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(a) Runs away.
(c) Beats up Johnny Jones.
(d) Spends all his money.
3. After seeing his brother, David holds up his end of the agreement and tries to meet with him the following day. Who is with his brother?
(b) His mother.
(c) Mrs. Jones.
(d) His father.
4. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
(a) His mother.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) His father.
(d) His brothers.
5. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
(a) The Turnboughs buy him a new bike.
(b) The Turnboughs have their license changed to allow boys.
(c) The Turnboughs throw him a party.
(d) The Turnboughs buy him a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
2. Who drove David to the Hill?
3. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
4. What happened to David when he called a girl a 'horror'?
5. What did Lilian bring with her on her visit to the Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did Uncle Lee give to David about Stephen, his father?
2. In the Estranged chapter, when David sees Russell, his brother, why doesn't David tell that he thinks Russell is now being abused?
3. In the chapter entitled The Defiant One, David is on a quest for friendships. Where does this quest lead him?
4. In the Estranged chapter, when David is being removed from the Catanzes', Gordan tells David he should feel fortunate to have been with one family for so long, and that David shouldn't complain about the move. Why did Gordan say this to David?
5. Why did David feel responsible for the Nulls' divorce?
6. In the Coming Around chapter, David is in high school and making true friends. Who are some of the people David makes friends with when the Walshes move? Please give a brief description of their relationships.
7. What two items did David accidentally leave behind at the Catanze's?
8. When David goes to court, what does his lawyer tell the judge?
9. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
10. While at the Hill, what did the mental health person want David to do?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)