|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
(a) The Turnboughs'.
(b) The Nulls'.
(c) The Cantanzes'.
(d) The Golds'.
2. What did David and Harold begin to argue over in the "Coming Around" chapter?
(a) The way David completed his chores.
(b) The reading lamp.
(c) The car.
(d) The couch.
3. How does David describe the new neighborhood that he and his foster family move to in the "Coming Around" chapter?
(a) He calls it 'The Trailerpark.'
(b) He calls it 'The Leave it to Beaver' neighborhood.
(c) He calls it 'The Cookie-cutter.'
(d) He calls it 'The Ghetto.'
4. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Beats up Johnny Jones.
(c) Spends all his money.
5. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
(a) He tells her he dislikes Lilian.
(b) He tells her to take him back to his mother.
(c) He tells her he is constantly afraid.
(d) He tells her he hates her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What actions cause David to gain acceptance from his peers?
2. After David left the Nulls', he was placed with Vera and Jody Jones. How far was their home from his mother's home?
3. David did finally receive his G.E.D to quiet Alice's nagging. What did he do after he received it?
4. When David is 17, he becomes bored with school. He knows he will be leaving the foster care system soon and has a more important interest. What interest is more important to him than school?
5. From whose arms did Gordan have to physically remove David when it was time to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. David is again placed with the Turnboughs. David informs Alice that this is where he belongs. One day David realizes that he cannot preform a simple life skills task, and begs Alice to teach him. What was the task, and what happened when David attempted the task?
2. Late in the chapter entitled The Defiant One, after David returns to the Catanze's for the second time, what one fact does David cling to when Rudy is yelling at him?
3. Why did David feel responsible for the Nulls' divorce?
4. Why did David ask to be removed from the Walshes' household?
5. How does David react to the school secretary's remarks about foster children?
6. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
7. In the Estranged chapter, when David sees Russell, his brother, why doesn't David tell that he thinks Russell is now being abused?
8. What information did Uncle Lee give to David about Stephen, his father?
9. While at the Hill, what did the mental health person want David to do?
10. In the chapter entitled The Defiant One, David is on a quest for friendships. Where does this quest lead him?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)