|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is David mad at after he completes the Johnny Jones task?
(c) Johnny Jones.
2. Why did David quit school?
(a) He moved to a new foster care home.
(b) He got a job selling cars.
(c) He got a job as a firefighter.
(d) He didn't quit school.
3. On Saturdays, what in special event did David and Alice partake?
(a) They went to music concerts.
(b) They went to dances.
(c) They went to the movies.
(d) They played games.
4. Who drove David to the Hill?
(b) Ms. Gold.
5. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
(a) Stephen Pelzer.
(b) Alice Turnbough.
(c) Michael Marsh.
(d) Jody Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David and Harold begin to argue over in the "Coming Around" chapter?
2. After David leaves the Turnbough house, who does he move in with?
3. When David is moved to his next foster home, Joanne and Michael Nulls, how does Joanne treat David?
4. Summer is over and David returns to school. Who 'befriends' David?
5. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
Short Essay Questions
1. When David becomes a model student at the Hill, what does he achieve?
2. Late in the chapter entitled The Defiant One, after David returns to the Catanze's for the second time, what one fact does David cling to when Rudy is yelling at him?
3. When David is living with the Nulls, what does he do for Joanne when she is upset?
4. What information did Uncle Lee give to David about Stephen, his father?
5. In the Coming Around chapter, David is in high school and making true friends. Who are some of the people David makes friends with when the Walshes move? Please give a brief description of their relationships.
6. In the Estranged chapter, when David is being removed from the Catanzes', Gordan tells David he should feel fortunate to have been with one family for so long, and that David shouldn't complain about the move. Why did Gordan say this to David?
7. When David goes to court, what does his lawyer tell the judge?
8. What is "The Hill?"
9. While at the Hill, what did the mental health person want David to do?
10. In the chapter entitled The Defiant One, David is on a quest for friendships. Where does this quest lead him?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)