|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
(a) They agree to become friends.
(b) They agree to never speak again.
(c) They agree to meet again.
(d) They agree to run away.
2. When David arrives at The Catanzes' house after his release from the Hill, what do the other foster children do?
(a) They avoid him.
(b) They throw him a party.
(c) They look at him differently.
(d) They play a game with him.
3. When David is a sophomore in high school, what program does his school place him in?
(a) A vocational program.
(b) An advanced learning program.
(c) A work-school program.
(d) A slow learner program.
4. Who drove David to the Hill?
(a) Ms. Gold.
5. Where did David finally find his Father?
(a) At the mall.
(b) At the Mission District.
(c) At the bus stop.
(d) At the firehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves into the Turnbough house that David does not like?
2. Where did David have to go after he was blamed for John's plan?
3. While at the Turnboughs, why does David only wash his clothes on Saturdays and Sundays?
4. David begins to see a new psychiatrist during his time with the Turnboughs. Who is his new doctor?
5. Who was David's second visitor at The Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two items did David accidentally leave behind at the Catanze's?
2. What is "The Hill?"
3. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
4. In the chapter entitled The Defiant One, David is on a quest for friendships. Where does this quest lead him?
5. When David goes to court, what does his lawyer tell the judge?
6. In the Estranged chapter, when David sees Russell, his brother, why doesn't David tell that he thinks Russell is now being abused?
7. When David becomes a model student at the Hill, what does he achieve?
8. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
9. In the Mother's Love chapter, whose house did David refer to as his home?
10. In the Estranged chapter, when David is being removed from the Catanzes', Gordan tells David he should feel fortunate to have been with one family for so long, and that David shouldn't complain about the move. Why did Gordan say this to David?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)