|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
(a) The Turnboughs'.
(b) The Cantanzes'.
(c) The Nulls'.
(d) The Golds'.
2. When David is a sophomore in high school, what program does his school place him in?
(a) A slow learner program.
(b) An advanced learning program.
(c) A work-school program.
(d) A vocational program.
3. What did Lilian bring with her on her visit to the Hill?
(a) She brought David new clothes.
(b) She brought David's bike.
(c) She brought David's pet turtle.
(d) She brought David's brothers.
4. Who is David mad at after he completes the Johnny Jones task?
(d) Johnny Jones.
5. What did David's mother stand up and shout during the hearing?
(a) She shouted that she loved David.
(b) She shouted that the court was wrong and that David was evil.
(c) She shouted that she was sorry.
(d) She shouted that she was happy for David's punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after David completes his Johnny Jones task?
2. What arrangements did Gordan have to make for David because he couldn't find a foster home for him?
3. After the failed plan, where does David spend the night?
4. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
5. What did David's new psychiatrist feel David would benefit from reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. When David becomes a model student at the Hill, what does he achieve?
2. What is "The Hill?"
3. In the Coming Around chapter, David is in high school and making true friends. Who are some of the people David makes friends with when the Walshes move? Please give a brief description of their relationships.
4. When living with the Turnboughs, why did David have an issue with Bruce?
5. When David is living with the Nulls, what does he do for Joanne when she is upset?
6. Who told David that they would do whatever it takes to help him?
7. How does David react to the school secretary's remarks about foster children?
8. In the Break Away chapter, David visits the Russian River once again. What did David take with him, and why was it important?
9. While at the Hill, what did the mental health person want David to do?
10. In the Estranged chapter, David meets his brother and they decide to meet again the next day. Describe in detail what happened when David tried to find his brother after school the next day.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)