|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did David have to go after he was blamed for John's plan?
(a) He had to go to his mother's house.
(b) He had to go to Ms. Gold's house.
(c) He had to go to the store.
(d) He had to go to the Hill.
2. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
(a) The Golds'.
(b) The Turnboughs'.
(c) The Cantanzes'.
(d) The Nulls'.
3. Why does David want to keep his friendship with John?
(a) He is scared of John.
(b) He feels sorry for John.
(c) John is his only friend.
(d) John threatened him.
4. One day, David arrives at school and sees that John had attempted to go through with the plan. What happens as a result?
(a) Nothing, nobody cares about the plan.
(b) Everyone thinks David is a hero.
(c) Everyone thinks David set the fire.
(d) Everyone blames John.
5. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(a) Beats up Johnny Jones.
(b) Runs away.
(d) Spends all his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. After trying to meet with his brother the second day, David and Carlos run. What did David fear was going to happen?
2. What was David's father afraid would happen if his co-workers found out his son started a fire?
3. Why was David removed from the Nulls' home?
4. While at the Turnboughs, why does David only wash his clothes on Saturdays and Sundays?
5. When David is 17, he becomes bored with school. He knows he will be leaving the foster care system soon and has a more important interest. What interest is more important to him than school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did David join the Air Force?
2. In the Mother's Love chapter, whose house did David refer to as his home?
3. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
4. In the Coming Around chapter, David is in high school and making true friends. Who are some of the people David makes friends with when the Walshes move? Please give a brief description of their relationships.
5. In the Break Away chapter, David visits the Russian River once again. What did David take with him, and why was it important?
6. When David becomes a model student at the Hill, what does he achieve?
7. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
8. In the Estranged chapter, when David sees Russell, his brother, why doesn't David tell that he thinks Russell is now being abused?
9. In the chapter entitled The Defiant One, David is on a quest for friendships. Where does this quest lead him?
10. Where did David go after the Johnny Jones incident?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)