|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was David removed from the Nulls' home?
(a) They were getting a divorce.
(b) They were having a baby.
(c) They lost their foster parent license.
(d) They were moving.
2. Who moves into the Turnbough house that David does not like?
3. How many days did the judge sentence David to stay at the Hill.
(a) 34 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 365 days.
(d) 100 days.
4. Who drove David to the Hill?
(d) Ms. Gold.
5. At David's new foster home in the "Coming Around" chapter, the foster parents decided to move. What did David assume would happen when they moved?
(a) He would be placed in a new foster home.
(b) He assumed nothing, because the family didn't move.
(c) He would move with them.
(d) He would move to his mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David realize when Carlos and he see his brother?
2. What does David work hard to do when he first arrives at the Hill?
3. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
4. How does David describe the new neighborhood that he and his foster family move to in the "Coming Around" chapter?
5. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Break Away chapter, David visits the Russian River once again. What did David take with him, and why was it important?
2. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
3. When living with the Turnboughs, why did David have an issue with Bruce?
4. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
5. Why didn't anyone believe David when he said he didn't start the fire?
6. Late in the chapter entitled The Defiant One, after David returns to the Catanze's for the second time, what one fact does David cling to when Rudy is yelling at him?
7. In the Estranged chapter, David meets his brother and they decide to meet again the next day. Describe in detail what happened when David tried to find his brother after school the next day.
8. Where did David go after the Johnny Jones incident?
9. In the Estranged chapter, when David sees Russell, his brother, why doesn't David tell that he thinks Russell is now being abused?
10. What is "The Hill?"
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)