|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David realize when Carlos and he see his brother?
(a) That his brother hates him.
(b) That his brother is now the one being abused.
(c) That his brother is living with their father.
(d) That his brother is now in foster care.
2. When David arrives at The Catanzes' house after his release from the Hill, what do the other foster children do?
(a) They look at him differently.
(b) They play a game with him.
(c) They avoid him.
(d) They throw him a party.
3. On Saturdays, what in special event did David and Alice partake?
(a) They went to the movies.
(b) They went to music concerts.
(c) They played games.
(d) They went to dances.
4. What happens after David completes his Johnny Jones task?
(a) He fights Johnny.
(c) Johnny pays him for his task.
(d) He gets caught by Johnny's father.
5. Where did David have to sleep at The Turnboughs?
(a) He had to sleep on a cot.
(b) He had to share a room with a girl.
(c) He had to sleep on the couch.
(d) He had to sleep on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrangements did Gordan have to make for David because he couldn't find a foster home for him?
2. How did David really feel about the plan he was bragging about to his classmates?
3. While living with the Jones, David becomes best friends with what person?
4. Who was the superintendent of the Hill's C-Wing?
5. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
2. When David becomes a model student at the Hill, what does he achieve?
3. Who told David that they would do whatever it takes to help him?
4. How does David react to the school secretary's remarks about foster children?
5. Why did David feel responsible for the Nulls' divorce?
6. What is "The Hill?"
7. In the Mother's Love chapter, whose house did David refer to as his home?
8. When David goes to court, what does his lawyer tell the judge?
9. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
10. Late in the chapter entitled The Defiant One, after David returns to the Catanze's for the second time, what one fact does David cling to when Rudy is yelling at him?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)