|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the failed plan, where does David spend the night?
(a) In John's bedroom.
(b) At the park.
(c) At Ms. Gold's.
(d) In John's clubhouse.
2. What did Johnny Jones dare David to do?
(a) Steal an airplane from Walgreen's.
(b) Steal a magazine from the book store.
(c) Steal a beer from the grocery store.
(d) Steal a pen from their teacher.
3. What did David's new psychiatrist feel David would benefit from reading?
(a) Psychology books.
(b) Medical books.
(c) Animal books.
(d) Education books.
4. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Spends all his money.
(d) Beats up Johnny Jones.
5. Why was the Jones' foster care home closed down?
(a) Mr. Jones was accused of rape.
(b) Mr. Jones wanted a divorce.
(c) Mrs. Jones wanted a divorce.
(d) Mrs. Jones died.
Short Answer Questions
1. David is sent to live with Harold and Alice Turnbough. What aren't The Turnboughs licensed for?
2. When David is a sophomore in high school, what program does his school place him in?
3. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
4. Summer is over and David returns to school. Who 'befriends' David?
5. Who called David the day before he left for the Air Force?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Estranged chapter, when David is being removed from the Catanzes', Gordan tells David he should feel fortunate to have been with one family for so long, and that David shouldn't complain about the move. Why did Gordan say this to David?
2. Why did David join the Air Force?
3. Late in the chapter entitled The Defiant One, after David returns to the Catanze's for the second time, what one fact does David cling to when Rudy is yelling at him?
4. Why did David feel responsible for the Nulls' divorce?
5. When David becomes a model student at the Hill, what does he achieve?
6. Who told David that they would do whatever it takes to help him?
7. How does David react to the school secretary's remarks about foster children?
8. Why did David ask to be removed from the Walshes' household?
9. When David goes to court, what does his lawyer tell the judge?
10. What is "The Hill?"
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)