|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the Turnboughs, why does David only wash his clothes on Saturdays and Sundays?
(a) He knows the social workers won't come on those days.
(b) Those are the only days he's home.
(c) He doesn't like washing clothes, and is forced to do it then.
(d) That's his scheduled time to wash his clothes.
2. When David is 15, he feels that the countdown to his 18th birthday has begun. He knows when he is 18 he will have to leave the foster care system. What step does David take to prepare for this event?
(a) David begins stealing.
(b) David begins working.
(c) David does nothing to prepare for this event.
(d) David begins begging for an allowance.
3. Why does David want to keep his friendship with John?
(a) John is his only friend.
(b) He feels sorry for John.
(c) John threatened him.
(d) He is scared of John.
4. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(a) Spends all his money.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Beats up Johnny Jones.
5. After trying to meet with his brother the second day, David and Carlos run. What did David fear was going to happen?
(a) He feared his mother would run him over with her car.
(b) He feared his father was going to stab him.
(c) He feared his mother was going to stab him.
(d) He feared his father would kidnap him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David is 17, he becomes bored with school. He knows he will be leaving the foster care system soon and has a more important interest. What interest is more important to him than school?
2. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
3. Where did David finally find his Father?
4. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
5. David did finally receive his G.E.D to quiet Alice's nagging. What did he do after he received it?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Estranged chapter, when David sees Russell, his brother, why doesn't David tell that he thinks Russell is now being abused?
2. Where did David go after the Johnny Jones incident?
3. What information did Uncle Lee give to David about Stephen, his father?
4. When David becomes a model student at the Hill, what does he achieve?
5. While at the Hill, what did the mental health person want David to do?
6. Why did David join the Air Force?
7. In the Estranged chapter, when David is being removed from the Catanzes', Gordan tells David he should feel fortunate to have been with one family for so long, and that David shouldn't complain about the move. Why did Gordan say this to David?
8. How does David react to the school secretary's remarks about foster children?
9. Who told David that they would do whatever it takes to help him?
10. In the Break Away chapter, David visits the Russian River once again. What did David take with him, and why was it important?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)