|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lilian bring with her on her visit to the Hill?
(a) She brought David new clothes.
(b) She brought David's pet turtle.
(c) She brought David's brothers.
(d) She brought David's bike.
2. What was the occupation of David's Father?
(a) He was a police officer.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a firefighter.
(d) He was a doctor.
3. What does David begin to turn off because of all the drama that's been in his life?
(a) His fears.
(b) His understanding,
(c) His emotions.
(d) His hearing,
4. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
(a) To burn down Mr. Smith's classroom.
(b) To beat up a teacher.
(c) To run away together.
(d) To play a prank on a classmate.
5. Who did David say were his true mother and father?
(a) Alice and Harold Turnbough.
(b) Roerva and Stephen Pelzer.
(c) Vera and Jody Jones.
(d) Lilian and Rudy Cantanze.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Uncle Lee?
2. Who is David's first visitor at the Hill?
3. What does David work hard to do when he first arrives at the Hill?
4. What information does David's second visitor at the Hill tell him?
5. What was David's father afraid would happen if his co-workers found out his son started a fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter entitled The Defiant One, David is on a quest for friendships. Where does this quest lead him?
2. Why didn't anyone believe David when he said he didn't start the fire?
3. What is "The Hill?"
4. In the Estranged chapter, David meets his brother and they decide to meet again the next day. Describe in detail what happened when David tried to find his brother after school the next day.
5. Who told David that they would do whatever it takes to help him?
6. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
7. What information did Uncle Lee give to David about Stephen, his father?
8. Why did David ask to be removed from the Walshes' household?
9. In the Coming Around chapter, David is in high school and making true friends. Who are some of the people David makes friends with when the Walshes move? Please give a brief description of their relationships.
10. Why did David join the Air Force?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)