|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after David completes his Johnny Jones task?
(b) He fights Johnny.
(c) Johnny pays him for his task.
(d) He gets caught by Johnny's father.
2. After David leaves the Turnbough house, who does he move in with?
(a) The Jones.
(b) The Smiths.
(c) The Cantanzes.
(d) The Walshes.
3. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
(a) Stephen Pelzer.
(b) Alice Turnbough.
(c) Michael Marsh.
(d) Jody Jones.
4. David's father says he can forgive David for causing the family problems, but what can't he forgive him for?
(a) He can't forgive him for going to the Hill.
(b) He can't forgive him for running away.
(c) He can't forgive him for his divorce.
(d) He can't forgive him for 'starting a fire.'
5. Who was the superintendent of the Hill's C-Wing?
(a) Gordon Hutcheson.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Rudy Cantanze.
(d) Carl Miguel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did David say were his true mother and father?
2. David begins to see a new psychiatrist during his time with the Turnboughs. Who is his new doctor?
3. When David is 17, he becomes bored with school. He knows he will be leaving the foster care system soon and has a more important interest. What interest is more important to him than school?
4. In order to stay friends, what task does John ask David to complete?
5. What did Lilian tell David about his turtle on the ride home to The Cantanzes' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Coming Around chapter, David is in high school and making true friends. Who are some of the people David makes friends with when the Walshes move? Please give a brief description of their relationships.
2. David is again placed with the Turnboughs. David informs Alice that this is where he belongs. One day David realizes that he cannot preform a simple life skills task, and begs Alice to teach him. What was the task, and what happened when David attempted the task?
3. When living with the Turnboughs, why did David have an issue with Bruce?
4. Why did David join the Air Force?
5. Who told David that they would do whatever it takes to help him?
6. While at the Hill, what did the mental health person want David to do?
7. In the chapter entitled The Defiant One, David is on a quest for friendships. Where does this quest lead him?
8. What two items did David accidentally leave behind at the Catanze's?
9. In the Estranged chapter, when David is being removed from the Catanzes', Gordan tells David he should feel fortunate to have been with one family for so long, and that David shouldn't complain about the move. Why did Gordan say this to David?
10. What information did Uncle Lee give to David about Stephen, his father?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)