|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(b) Beats up Johnny Jones.
(c) Spends all his money.
(d) Runs away.
2. After trying to meet with his brother the second day, David and Carlos run. What did David fear was going to happen?
(a) He feared his mother would run him over with her car.
(b) He feared his father would kidnap him.
(c) He feared his mother was going to stab him.
(d) He feared his father was going to stab him.
3. What happened to David when he called a girl a 'horror'?
(a) Her brother beat him up after school.
(b) Nothing, The girl thought it was funny.
(c) The girl told her parents, and David went to the Hill.
(d) The girl told the teacher, and David got detention.
4. Who becomes David's probation officer?
(a) Carl Miguel.
(b) Stephen Pelzer.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Gordon Hutcheson.
5. What grade is David getting ready to enter when he lives with the Catanzes?
(a) 5th grade.
(b) 7th grade.
(c) 6th grade.
(d) 4th grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
2. David feels that the Turnbough residence will be his final foster home. What does David tear up while he's there?
3. What does David work hard to do when he first arrives at the Hill?
4. While living with the Jones, David becomes best friends with what person?
5. While at the Turnboughs, why does David only wash his clothes on Saturdays and Sundays?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Estranged chapter, when David is being removed from the Catanzes', Gordan tells David he should feel fortunate to have been with one family for so long, and that David shouldn't complain about the move. Why did Gordan say this to David?
2. Why did David join the Air Force?
3. In the Coming Around chapter, David is in high school and making true friends. Who are some of the people David makes friends with when the Walshes move? Please give a brief description of their relationships.
4. Where did David go after the Johnny Jones incident?
5. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
6. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
7. In the Break Away chapter, David visits the Russian River once again. What did David take with him, and why was it important?
8. When David is living with the Nulls, what does he do for Joanne when she is upset?
9. How does David react to the school secretary's remarks about foster children?
10. When David goes to court, what does his lawyer tell the judge?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)