|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David want to keep his friendship with John?
(a) He is scared of John.
(b) John is his only friend.
(c) John threatened him.
(d) He feels sorry for John.
2. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
(a) She said he intentionally ruined her life.
(b) She said he intentionally started fires in her home.
(c) She said he intentionally stole food.
(d) She said he intentionally hit her.
3. Who is Uncle Lee?
(a) David's mother's brother.
(b) David's father's brother.
(c) David's former foster parent.
(d) A Pelzer family friend.
4. Who is David mad at after he completes the Johnny Jones task?
(a) Johnny Jones.
5. Who did David say were his true mother and father?
(a) Vera and Jody Jones.
(b) Roerva and Stephen Pelzer.
(c) Lilian and Rudy Cantanze.
(d) Alice and Harold Turnbough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did David feel he did well at the juvenile lock-up?
2. What did Lilian bring with her on her visit to the Hill?
3. What did Lilian tell David about his turtle on the ride home to The Cantanzes' house?
4. Where did David have to go after he was blamed for John's plan?
5. When David is 17, he becomes bored with school. He knows he will be leaving the foster care system soon and has a more important interest. What interest is more important to him than school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't anyone believe David when he said he didn't start the fire?
2. What two items did David accidentally leave behind at the Catanze's?
3. What information did Uncle Lee give to David about Stephen, his father?
4. When David is living with the Nulls, what does he do for Joanne when she is upset?
5. What is "The Hill?"
6. When David goes to court, what does his lawyer tell the judge?
7. In the Mother's Love chapter, whose house did David refer to as his home?
8. Why did David feel responsible for the Nulls' divorce?
9. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
10. In the Coming Around chapter, David is in high school and making true friends. Who are some of the people David makes friends with when the Walshes move? Please give a brief description of their relationships.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)