|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After David leaves the Turnbough house, who does he move in with?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The Cantanzes.
(c) The Walshes.
(d) The Jones.
2. What does David realize when Carlos and he see his brother?
(a) That his brother is now the one being abused.
(b) That his brother hates him.
(c) That his brother is now in foster care.
(d) That his brother is living with their father.
3. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(a) Spends all his money.
(b) Runs away.
(d) Beats up Johnny Jones.
4. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
(a) Jody Jones.
(b) Alice Turnbough.
(c) Michael Marsh.
(d) Stephen Pelzer.
5. Who was the superintendent of the Hill's C-Wing?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Rudy Cantanze.
(c) Carl Miguel.
(d) Gordon Hutcheson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel when he's moved to the new wing at the Hill?
2. David is sent to live with Harold and Alice Turnbough. What aren't The Turnboughs licensed for?
3. Who is David mad at after he completes the Johnny Jones task?
4. Why did David feel he did well at the juvenile lock-up?
5. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Break Away chapter, David visits the Russian River once again. What did David take with him, and why was it important?
2. In the Mother's Love chapter, whose house did David refer to as his home?
3. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
4. What information did Uncle Lee give to David about Stephen, his father?
5. What two items did David accidentally leave behind at the Catanze's?
6. What is "The Hill?"
7. When living with the Turnboughs, why did David have an issue with Bruce?
8. In the Coming Around chapter, David is in high school and making true friends. Who are some of the people David makes friends with when the Walshes move? Please give a brief description of their relationships.
9. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
10. Why didn't anyone believe David when he said he didn't start the fire?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)