|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David and Harold begin to argue over in the "Coming Around" chapter?
(a) The reading lamp.
(b) The way David completed his chores.
(c) The car.
(d) The couch.
2. From whose arms did Gordan have to physically remove David when it was time to leave?
(d) Big Larry's.
3. After David left the Nulls', he was placed with Vera and Jody Jones. How far was their home from his mother's home?
(a) Their home was less than a mile from his mother's home.
(b) Their home was more than a mile from his mother's home.
(c) Their home was 25 miles from his mother's home.
(d) Their home 100 miles from his mother's home.
4. Why did David quit school?
(a) He moved to a new foster care home.
(b) He got a job selling cars.
(c) He didn't quit school.
(d) He got a job as a firefighter.
5. Where did David have to go after he was blamed for John's plan?
(a) He had to go to his mother's house.
(b) He had to go to Ms. Gold's house.
(c) He had to go to the Hill.
(d) He had to go to the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lilian tell David about his turtle on the ride home to The Cantanzes' house?
2. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
3. Summer is over and David returns to school. Who 'befriends' David?
4. Who was David's second visitor at The Hill?
5. What was the occupation of David's Father?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Break Away chapter, David visits the Russian River once again. What did David take with him, and why was it important?
2. While at the Hill, what did the mental health person want David to do?
3. Why didn't anyone believe David when he said he didn't start the fire?
4. What information did Uncle Lee give to David about Stephen, his father?
5. In the Coming Around chapter, David is in high school and making true friends. Who are some of the people David makes friends with when the Walshes move? Please give a brief description of their relationships.
6. Late in the chapter entitled The Defiant One, after David returns to the Catanze's for the second time, what one fact does David cling to when Rudy is yelling at him?
7. In the Estranged chapter, David meets his brother and they decide to meet again the next day. Describe in detail what happened when David tried to find his brother after school the next day.
8. Why did David feel responsible for the Nulls' divorce?
9. Why did David join the Air Force?
10. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)