|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After David leaves the Turnbough house, who does he move in with?
(a) The Cantanzes.
(b) The Smiths.
(c) The Walshes.
(d) The Jones.
2. What does David realize when Carlos and he see his brother?
(a) That his brother hates him.
(b) That his brother is now in foster care.
(c) That his brother is now the one being abused.
(d) That his brother is living with their father.
3. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
(a) She said he intentionally ruined her life.
(b) She said he intentionally stole food.
(c) She said he intentionally started fires in her home.
(d) She said he intentionally hit her.
4. Summer is over and David returns to school. Who 'befriends' David?
5. What did Lilian tell David about his turtle on the ride home to The Cantanzes' house?
(a) She said it died.
(b) She said she gave it to another child.
(c) She said it was soup.
(d) She said it ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David describe the new neighborhood that he and his foster family move to in the "Coming Around" chapter?
2. What did David's new psychiatrist feel David would benefit from reading?
3. What happened to David when he called a girl a 'horror'?
4. Why did David feel he did well at the juvenile lock-up?
5. Who is David's first visitor at the Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't anyone believe David when he said he didn't start the fire?
2. Where did David go after the Johnny Jones incident?
3. What information did Uncle Lee give to David about Stephen, his father?
4. How does David react to the school secretary's remarks about foster children?
5. When living with the Turnboughs, why did David have an issue with Bruce?
6. David is again placed with the Turnboughs. David informs Alice that this is where he belongs. One day David realizes that he cannot preform a simple life skills task, and begs Alice to teach him. What was the task, and what happened when David attempted the task?
7. What two items did David accidentally leave behind at the Catanze's?
8. Who told David that they would do whatever it takes to help him?
9. When David is living with the Nulls, what does he do for Joanne when she is upset?
10. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)