|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David is 17, he becomes bored with school. He knows he will be leaving the foster care system soon and has a more important interest. What interest is more important to him than school?
(a) Working to earn money.
(b) His motorbike.
(d) None, he loves school.
2. After trying to meet with his brother the second day, David and Carlos run. What did David fear was going to happen?
(a) He feared his mother would run him over with her car.
(b) He feared his father would kidnap him.
(c) He feared his mother was going to stab him.
(d) He feared his father was going to stab him.
3. Who is David mad at after he completes the Johnny Jones task?
(b) Johnny Jones.
4. What did Lilian bring with her on her visit to the Hill?
(a) She brought David new clothes.
(b) She brought David's brothers.
(c) She brought David's pet turtle.
(d) She brought David's bike.
5. Who did David say were his true mother and father?
(a) Alice and Harold Turnbough.
(b) Vera and Jody Jones.
(c) Lilian and Rudy Cantanze.
(d) Roerva and Stephen Pelzer.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the Turnboughs, why does David only wash his clothes on Saturdays and Sundays?
2. What was David's father afraid would happen if his co-workers found out his son started a fire?
3. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
4. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
5. David is sent to live with Harold and Alice Turnbough. What aren't The Turnboughs licensed for?
Short Essay Questions
1. When David becomes a model student at the Hill, what does he achieve?
2. Why didn't anyone believe David when he said he didn't start the fire?
3. In the Coming Around chapter, David is in high school and making true friends. Who are some of the people David makes friends with when the Walshes move? Please give a brief description of their relationships.
4. In the Mother's Love chapter, whose house did David refer to as his home?
5. Late in the chapter entitled The Defiant One, after David returns to the Catanze's for the second time, what one fact does David cling to when Rudy is yelling at him?
6. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
7. What is "The Hill?"
8. When David is living with the Nulls, what does he do for Joanne when she is upset?
9. While at the Hill, what did the mental health person want David to do?
10. Where did David go after the Johnny Jones incident?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)