|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David begins to see a new psychiatrist during his time with the Turnboughs. Who is his new doctor?
(a) Harold Turnbough.
(b) Donald Roberson.
(c) Alice Turnbough.
(d) Stephen Pelzer.
2. What does David work hard to do when he first arrives at the Hill?
(a) David works hard to cause fights.
(b) David works hard to stay away from trouble.
(c) David works hard to receive good grades.
(d) David works hard to please his mother.
3. In order to stay friends, what task does John ask David to complete?
(a) He asks him to bust out the windows of a car.
(b) He asks him to run away.
(c) He asks him to start a fight.
(d) He asks him to let the air out of the teachers tires.
4. How does David feel when he's moved to the new wing at the Hill?
(a) He feels sad.
(b) He feels threaten.
(c) He feels safe.
(d) He feels afraid.
5. Who becomes David's probation officer?
(a) Gordon Hutcheson.
(b) Stephen Pelzer.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Carl Miguel.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
2. While at the Turnboughs, why does David only wash his clothes on Saturdays and Sundays?
3. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
4. Who was David's second visitor at The Hill?
5. What did Lilian tell David about his turtle on the ride home to The Cantanzes' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
2. What is "The Hill?"
3. When David becomes a model student at the Hill, what does he achieve?
4. Why did David join the Air Force?
5. In the Mother's Love chapter, whose house did David refer to as his home?
6. What information did Uncle Lee give to David about Stephen, his father?
7. Why did David feel responsible for the Nulls' divorce?
8. What two items did David accidentally leave behind at the Catanze's?
9. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
10. When David goes to court, what does his lawyer tell the judge?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)