|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After David left the Nulls', he was placed with Vera and Jody Jones. How far was their home from his mother's home?
(a) Their home was less than a mile from his mother's home.
(b) Their home was more than a mile from his mother's home.
(c) Their home was 25 miles from his mother's home.
(d) Their home 100 miles from his mother's home.
2. One day, David arrives at school and sees that John had attempted to go through with the plan. What happens as a result?
(a) Everyone thinks David is a hero.
(b) Nothing, nobody cares about the plan.
(c) Everyone thinks David set the fire.
(d) Everyone blames John.
3. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
(a) They agree to meet again.
(b) They agree to run away.
(c) They agree to never speak again.
(d) They agree to become friends.
4. Who moves into the Turnbough house that David does not like?
5. David did finally receive his G.E.D to quiet Alice's nagging. What did he do after he received it?
(a) He joined the Air Force.
(b) He never received his G.E.D.
(c) He started a band.
(d) He went to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is David getting ready to enter when he lives with the Catanzes?
2. Who drove David to the Hill?
3. What happens after David completes his Johnny Jones task?
4. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
5. Where did Rudy threaten to take David if he didn't change his attitude?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter entitled The Defiant One, David is on a quest for friendships. Where does this quest lead him?
2. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
3. How does David react to the school secretary's remarks about foster children?
4. In the Estranged chapter, when David sees Russell, his brother, why doesn't David tell that he thinks Russell is now being abused?
5. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
6. Why did David feel responsible for the Nulls' divorce?
7. When David is living with the Nulls, what does he do for Joanne when she is upset?
8. Why did David join the Air Force?
9. In the Mother's Love chapter, whose house did David refer to as his home?
10. When living with the Turnboughs, why did David have an issue with Bruce?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)