|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was David's second visitor at The Hill?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(d) His father.
2. Who called David the day before he left for the Air Force?
(a) His father.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(d) His mother.
3. What grade is David getting ready to enter when he lives with the Catanzes?
(a) 5th grade.
(b) 7th grade.
(c) 4th grade.
(d) 6th grade.
4. Where did Rudy threaten to take David if he didn't change his attitude?
(a) The Hall.
(b) The Hill.
(c) The Garage.
(d) The Big House.
5. Who becomes David's probation officer?
(a) Gordon Hutcheson.
(b) Stephen Pelzer.
(c) Carl Miguel.
(d) Ms. Gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
2. Who drove David to the Hill?
3. Where did David finally find his Father?
4. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
5. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did David go after the Johnny Jones incident?
2. When David is living with the Nulls, what does he do for Joanne when she is upset?
3. In the Estranged chapter, when David is being removed from the Catanzes', Gordan tells David he should feel fortunate to have been with one family for so long, and that David shouldn't complain about the move. Why did Gordan say this to David?
4. While at the Hill, what did the mental health person want David to do?
5. Why did David feel responsible for the Nulls' divorce?
6. In the Mother's Love chapter, whose house did David refer to as his home?
7. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
8. When David goes to court, what does his lawyer tell the judge?
9. David is again placed with the Turnboughs. David informs Alice that this is where he belongs. One day David realizes that he cannot preform a simple life skills task, and begs Alice to teach him. What was the task, and what happened when David attempted the task?
10. When David becomes a model student at the Hill, what does he achieve?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)