|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roevra bring David on her visit to the Catanzes'?
(c) A bicycle.
2. What did David discover when Big Larry and he returned home?
(a) That he was not allowed to ride his bike.
(b) That he was not allowed to have contact with his mother.
(c) That he was not allowed to be friends with Big Larry.
(d) That he was not allowed to talk to Lilian.
3. What doesn't the psychiatrist allow David to do?
(a) Ask questions.
(b) Play games.
(c) Hate his mother.
(d) Sit quietly.
4. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
(a) His father's house.
(b) Ms. Gold's house.
(c) Aunt Mary's house.
(d) His mother's house.
5. David is taken to a psychiatrist, what name does the psychiatrist insist on calling David?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to pick the boy up from the police station?
2. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
3. Who was supposed to visit David at the Catanzes', but never showed up?
4. When David is taken to the hospital, who checks each room before he enters to make sure Mother isn't there?
5. The boy steals this object while at the pizza bar:
Short Essay Questions
1. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, what did the police officer tell David's mother?
2. David and Big Larry come up with a plan. What was the plan called, and what were the details of the plan?
3. Why was it important for David to form a bond with Ms. Gold?
4. In The Run Away Chapter, why does David thrive for the hours he is away from the house?
5. In the chapter entitled Adrift, what did David think when his visitor didn't show up at the appointed time?
6. David notes in the chapter entitled Adrift, that Rudy seems angry at him. Why is Rudy angry with David?
7. What is Ms. Gold's response in The Trial when David asks what will happen to his brothers?
8. In Chapter 1, David gives a description of his home life and calls himself his "Mother's prisoner." Give three examples of how David was his "Mother's prisoner."
9. Why does David dread commercial breaks?
10. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, how did David react when Aunt Mary grabbed his arm?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)