|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
(a) His father's house.
(b) Ms. Gold's house.
(c) His mother's house.
(d) Aunt Mary's house.
2. Who came to pick the boy up from the police station?
3. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
(a) The floor.
(b) The steps.
(c) A cot.
(d) A bed.
4. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
(a) David tells her to mind her own business.
(b) David tells her it's okay. He wants to go home.
(c) David tells her his mother is abusing his brothers.
(d) David tells her that no one can prevent that anyway.
5. What is "The Boy's" real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the boy when he was first placed into foster care?
2. The person at the bar gives the boy these two items:
3. Who does David end up spilling his guts to about his abuse after Roerva's visit.
4. David and the other children at Aunt Mary's house like to steal what items from the grocery store?
5. David is taken to a psychiatrist, what name does the psychiatrist insist on calling David?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't David understand simple terms, such as "grounded?"
2. What two items did David accidentally leave behind at the Catanze's?
3. Where did David go after the Johnny Jones incident?
4. In The Run Away Chapter, why does David thrive for the hours he is away from the house?
5. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
6. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
7. Late in the chapter entitled The Defiant One, after David returns to the Catanze's for the second time, what one fact does David cling to when Rudy is yelling at him?
8. In the chapter entitled The Defiant One, David is on a quest for friendships. Where does this quest lead him?
9. In the chapter entitled Adrift, there are several instances where David wanted to talk to Lilian. What emotions inhibited the conversations from happening.
10. What is the bicycle a symbol of to David?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)