|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who catches the boy stealing and calls the police?
2. How did David feel after his first visit with the psychiatrist?
3. What was David's response when the judge asked him where he would like to live?
(a) David says he wants to live with his mother.
(b) David says he wants to live with his father.
(c) David says he wants to live with Ms. Gold.
(d) David says he wants to live with the judge.
4. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
(b) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
(c) That he was happy and his lies worked.
(d) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
5. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the boy when he was first placed into foster care?
2. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
3. At David's abuse trial, who did not appear in court?
4. What is "The Boy's" real name?
5. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the note David wrote in The Trial significant?
2. How does David react to the school secretary's remarks about foster children?
3. Why didn't anyone believe David when he said he didn't start the fire?
4. What is Ms. Gold's response in The Trial when David asks what will happen to his brothers?
5. David notes in the chapter entitled Adrift, that Rudy seems angry at him. Why is Rudy angry with David?
6. Why did David join the Air Force?
7. What did Michael Marsh admit about David?
8. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, what did the police officer tell David's mother?
9. In the chapter entitled Adrift, what did David think when his visitor didn't show up at the appointed time?
10. What does David fear would have happened to him if he had not gone into the foster care system?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)