|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David hurt by when Roevra visits him?
(a) Her lack of acknowledgment towards him.
(b) Her hug.
(c) Her gifts.
(d) Her hateful words.
2. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
(a) His mother.
(b) His Aunt.
(c) His social worker.
(d) His foster parent.
3. The person at the bar gives the boy these two items:
(a) A soda and a pizza.
(b) A quarter and a soda.
(c) His name and address.
(d) French bread and salami.
4. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
(a) That he should be returned to live with Ms. Gold.
(b) That he should be returned to his mother's home.
(c) That he should be returned to live with his Father.
(d) That he should never return to his mother's home.
5. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
2. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
3. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
4. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
5. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In New Beginnings, David tells about some of the torment his mother put him through. What did David feel was an accident when he didn't finish the dishes fast enough?
2. What makes the note David wrote in The Trial significant?
3. What item becomes David's obsession at The Catanze's?
4. In the Adrift chapter, why did Chris have fear in his eyes when he talked to David?
5. When the judge asked David where he wanted to live, David became overwhelmed by two emotions towards his mother. What were they?
6. In The Run Away Chapter, why does David feel he deserves his punishments?
7. In New Beginnings, what does Tony do for David?
8. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
9. Why is the date August 21, 1973 important to David?
10. David notes in the chapter entitled Adrift, that Rudy seems angry at him. Why is Rudy angry with David?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)