|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did David feel after his first visit with the psychiatrist?
2. What is David hurt by when Roevra visits him?
(a) Her hug.
(b) Her lack of acknowledgment towards him.
(c) Her hateful words.
(d) Her gifts.
3. Who does David end up spilling his guts to about his abuse after Roerva's visit.
(b) Big Larry.
4. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
(a) Big Larry.
(c) Larry Junior.
5. Who came to pick the boy up from the police station?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
2. When David makes his telephone call, he is too scared to dial the numbers. Who dialed the number for him?
3. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
4. How much money did Lillian Catanze receive to buy David clothes?
5. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the date August 21, 1973 important to David?
2. In The Run Away Chapter, why does David feel he deserves his punishments?
3. In New Beginnings, David tells about some of the torment his mother put him through. What did David feel was an accident when he didn't finish the dishes fast enough?
4. What is the bicycle a symbol of to David?
5. Why does David dread commercial breaks?
6. In The Trial, what does Ms. Gold tell David on the way to his trial?
7. Why didn't David understand simple terms, such as "grounded?"
8. In Chapter 1, David gives a description of his home life and calls himself his "Mother's prisoner." Give three examples of how David was his "Mother's prisoner."
9. David notes in the chapter entitled Adrift, that Rudy seems angry at him. Why is Rudy angry with David?
10. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, why did David feel he should be placed in jail?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)