|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
(a) The steps.
(b) The floor.
(c) A cot.
(d) A bed.
2. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) The judge.
(c) Aunt Mary
(d) His mother.
3. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
(a) To write another note.
(b) More new gifts.
(c) Freedom from her control.
(d) Freedom from Ms. Gold.
4. What is David hurt by when Roevra visits him?
(a) Her gifts.
(b) Her hateful words.
(c) Her lack of acknowledgment towards him.
(d) Her hug.
5. On the way to his trial, David wonders what will happen to his...?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
2. Where did Big Larry and David ride their bikes when they were in David's old neighborhood?
3. What was David's response when the judge asked him where he would like to live?
4. What other foster child takes David to the movies and the park?
5. David had mixed emotions about his abuse being reported. Who was he afraid would be angry when they found out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "The Hill?"
2. In the Adrift chapter, why did Chris have fear in his eyes when he talked to David?
3. In the chapter entitled Adrift, what did David think when his visitor didn't show up at the appointed time?
4. In The Run Away Chapter, why does David feel he deserves his punishments?
5. What two items did David accidentally leave behind at the Catanze's?
6. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
7. In The Run Away Chapter, why does David thrive for the hours he is away from the house?
8. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
9. In New Beginnings, David tells about some of the torment his mother put him through. What did David feel was an accident when he didn't finish the dishes fast enough?
10. After David's custody trial, what does he say to Ms. Gold?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)