|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
2. Who tormented David and called him a wimp for not fighting his mother?
(a) Larry Junior.
(b) Big Larry.
(c) Rudy Catanze.
(d) Ms. Gold.
3. David and the other children at Aunt Mary's house like to steal what items from the grocery store?
(b) Candy bars.
4. After his tests at the hospital, David is taken to his first foster care home. Who was his first foster parent?
(a) Aunt Roerva.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) Mr. Zeigler.
5. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
(a) That they would go on vacation.
(b) That things would be the same.
(c) That things would be different.
(d) That he could ride his bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the boy "It hasn't the guts to go?"
2. How did David feel after his first visit with the psychiatrist?
3. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
4. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
5. How old was the boy when he was first placed into foster care?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts the psychiatrist to report that David has anger issues?
2. In the chapter entitled Adrift, what did David think when his visitor didn't show up at the appointed time?
3. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
4. What emotion(s) is David's mother trying to convey when she gives him new toys, clothes, and advice after his trial?
5. David and Big Larry come up with a plan. What was the plan called, and what were the details of the plan?
6. In the chapter entitled Adrift, there are several instances where David wanted to talk to Lilian. What emotions inhibited the conversations from happening.
7. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, how did David react when Aunt Mary grabbed his arm?
8. When the judge asked David where he wanted to live, David became overwhelmed by two emotions towards his mother. What were they?
9. In The Run Away Chapter, why does David thrive for the hours he is away from the house?
10. In New Beginnings, David tells about some of the torment his mother put him through. What did David feel was an accident when he didn't finish the dishes fast enough?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)