|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
(b) That he was happy and his lies worked.
(c) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
(d) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
2. What other foster child takes David to the movies and the park?
(a) Big Larry.
(b) Rudy Catanze.
(c) Larry Junior.
3. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
(a) Mr. Zeigler.
(b) Aunt Mary .
(d) Ms. Gold.
4. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
(a) His family.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) The other foster children.
5. When David is taken to the hospital, who checks each room before he enters to make sure Mother isn't there?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
2. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
3. The person at the bar gives the boy these two items:
4. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
5. How did David feel after his first visit with the psychiatrist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What item becomes David's obsession at The Catanze's?
2. Why does David dread commercial breaks?
3. In the Adrift chapter, why did Chris have fear in his eyes when he talked to David?
4. In the chapter entitled Adrift, what did David think when his visitor didn't show up at the appointed time?
5. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, what did the police officer tell David's mother?
6. David notes in the chapter entitled Adrift, that Rudy seems angry at him. Why is Rudy angry with David?
7. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
8. What is Ms. Gold's response in The Trial when David asks what will happen to his brothers?
9. In The Run Away Chapter, why does David thrive for the hours he is away from the house?
10. David and Big Larry come up with a plan. What was the plan called, and what were the details of the plan?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)