|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "The Boy's" real name?
2. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
(a) His social worker.
(b) His mother.
(c) His foster parent.
(d) His Aunt.
3. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
(c) Larry Junior.
(d) Big Larry.
4. David says he used to like school, but he now hates it. Why does David hate school?
(a) He doesn't like his homework.
(b) It takes away from his playtime.
(c) He doesn't like his teachers.
(d) They don't give him enough homework.
5. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David is afraid of his classmates.
(b) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
(c) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(d) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
2. What did the boy desperately want from his parents?
3. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
4. Who alerted authorities that David was being abused?
5. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
Short Essay Questions
1. After his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's, David changed the story he told Ms. Gold. Why did David change his story?
2. Why was it important for David to form a bond with Ms. Gold?
3. After David's custody trial, what does he say to Ms. Gold?
4. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
5. In the chapter entitled Adrift, what did David think when his visitor didn't show up at the appointed time?
6. In the Adrift chapter, why did Chris have fear in his eyes when he talked to David?
7. What item becomes David's obsession at The Catanze's?
8. Why didn't David understand simple terms, such as "grounded?"
9. In The Run Away Chapter, why does David feel he deserves his punishments?
10. In New Beginnings, David tells about some of the torment his mother put him through. What did David feel was an accident when he didn't finish the dishes fast enough?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)