|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
(a) Ms. Gold's house.
(b) Aunt Mary's house.
(c) His father's house.
(d) His mother's house.
2. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
(a) His foster parent.
(b) His mother.
(c) His Aunt.
(d) His social worker.
3. Why doesn't David want Ms. Gold to tell the court about his abuse?
(a) She was the one abusing him.
(b) He's afraid his mother will hurt him.
(c) She told him she was going to lie.
(d) He told her lies.
4. What did David's mother say at the trial?
(a) She said she did abuse him.
(b) She said David was bad.
(c) She said she loved David.
(d) She said nothing.
5. What room was the boy forced to sleep in?
(a) The basement.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The porch.
(d) The garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way to his trial, David wonders what will happen to his...?
2. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
3. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
4. Who was supposed to visit David at the Catanzes', but never showed up?
5. Later in the evening, when David and Big Larry got into trouble, who did David try to call?
Short Essay Questions
1. David notes in the chapter entitled Adrift, that Rudy seems angry at him. Why is Rudy angry with David?
2. What emotion(s) is David's mother trying to convey when she gives him new toys, clothes, and advice after his trial?
3. What is the bicycle a symbol of to David?
4. Why was it important for David to form a bond with Ms. Gold?
5. When the judge asked David where he wanted to live, David became overwhelmed by two emotions towards his mother. What were they?
6. David's abuse wasn't reported until he was 12 years old. Why didn't anyone report the abuse sooner?
7. David and Big Larry come up with a plan. What was the plan called, and what were the details of the plan?
8. What is Ms. Gold's response in The Trial when David asks what will happen to his brothers?
9. Why does David dread commercial breaks?
10. Why does David's father allow the abuse to persist?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)