|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David discover when Big Larry and he returned home?
(a) That he was not allowed to talk to Lilian.
(b) That he was not allowed to have contact with his mother.
(c) That he was not allowed to be friends with Big Larry.
(d) That he was not allowed to ride his bike.
2. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
(a) She is his foster parent.
(b) She is his mother.
(c) She is kind to him.
(d) She is mean to him.
3. What did David's mother threaten to do if Lilian couldn't control David?
(a) Show Lilian how to punish David.
(b) Make David live with her,
(c) Have him moved to another home.
(d) Come and beat David.
4. Who tormented David and called him a wimp for not fighting his mother?
(a) Larry Junior.
(b) Rudy Catanze.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Big Larry.
5. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
(a) The front porch.
(b) The kitchen table.
(c) The couch.
(d) The basement stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David goes on a picnic with the Catanzes who did he meet?
2. How did David's mother react at the trial?
3. What other foster child takes David to the movies and the park?
4. Who alerted authorities that David was being abused?
5. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the judge asked David where he wanted to live, David became overwhelmed by two emotions towards his mother. What were they?
2. In Chapter 1, David gives a description of his home life and calls himself his "Mother's prisoner." Give three examples of how David was his "Mother's prisoner."
3. Why was it important for David to form a bond with Ms. Gold?
4. What is the bicycle a symbol of to David?
5. After David's custody trial, what does he say to Ms. Gold?
6. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, why did David feel he should be placed in jail?
7. In New Beginnings, what does Tony do for David?
8. In New Beginnings, David tells about some of the torment his mother put him through. What did David feel was an accident when he didn't finish the dishes fast enough?
9. Why does David's father allow the abuse to persist?
10. Why does David dread commercial breaks?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)