|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David says he used to like school, but he now hates it. Why does David hate school?
(a) They don't give him enough homework.
(b) He doesn't like his homework.
(c) It takes away from his playtime.
(d) He doesn't like his teachers.
2. After David leaves Aunt Mary's who were his first 'permanent' foster parents?
(a) Lilian and Rudy Catanze.
(b) Big Larry.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Roevra and Stephen Pelzer.
3. What did the boy promise his father on the ride home from the police station?
(a) To run away.
(b) To go to bed.
(c) To be a good boy.
(d) To play outside.
4. Who alerted authorities that David was being abused?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Mr. Zeigler.
(c) His father.
5. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
(a) Big Larry.
(c) Larry Junior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other foster child takes David to the movies and the park?
2. What lie was told to the police officer by Father?
3. David had mixed emotions about his abuse being reported. Who was he afraid would be angry when they found out?
4. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
5. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
Short Essay Questions
1. In New Beginnings, what does Tony do for David?
2. In the chapter entitled Adrift, there are several instances where David wanted to talk to Lilian. What emotions inhibited the conversations from happening.
3. What is Ms. Gold's response in The Trial when David asks what will happen to his brothers?
4. Why does David dread commercial breaks?
5. In the Adrift chapter, why did Chris have fear in his eyes when he talked to David?
6. After David's custody trial, what does he say to Ms. Gold?
7. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, why did David feel he should be placed in jail?
8. In The Run Away Chapter, why does David thrive for the hours he is away from the house?
9. In the chapter entitled Adrift, what did David think when his visitor didn't show up at the appointed time?
10. In Chapter 1, David gives a description of his home life and calls himself his "Mother's prisoner." Give three examples of how David was his "Mother's prisoner."
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)