|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David is taken to the hospital, who checks each room before he enters to make sure Mother isn't there?
(a) A doctor.
(b) His father.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A police officer.
2. David hugs his mother good-bye after his trial. How did David feel about the hug?
(a) He felt it was fake.
(b) He felt like it was a mistake.
(c) He felt nothing.
(d) He felt it was sincere.
3. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
(a) Aunt Mary.
(b) The other foster children.
(c) Ms. Gold.
4. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
(a) Prescription pills.
5. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
(b) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
(c) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(d) David is afraid of his classmates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David learn will happen to his possessions if he lives them behind?
2. Who tells the boy "It hasn't the guts to go?"
3. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
4. Who tries to stand up for the boy when his parents are arguing?
5. Where did Big Larry and David ride their bikes when they were in David's old neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. After David's custody trial, what does he say to Ms. Gold?
2. Why was it important for David to form a bond with Ms. Gold?
3. In New Beginnings, David tells about some of the torment his mother put him through. What did David feel was an accident when he didn't finish the dishes fast enough?
4. In The Trial, what does Ms. Gold tell David on the way to his trial?
5. David's abuse wasn't reported until he was 12 years old. Why didn't anyone report the abuse sooner?
6. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
7. Why didn't David understand simple terms, such as "grounded?"
8. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, why did David feel he should be placed in jail?
9. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, how did David react when Aunt Mary grabbed his arm?
10. David and Big Larry come up with a plan. What was the plan called, and what were the details of the plan?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)