|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David is taken to the hospital, who checks each room before he enters to make sure Mother isn't there?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) His father.
2. What did David discover when Big Larry and he returned home?
(a) That he was not allowed to be friends with Big Larry.
(b) That he was not allowed to have contact with his mother.
(c) That he was not allowed to talk to Lilian.
(d) That he was not allowed to ride his bike.
3. David had mixed emotions about his abuse being reported. Who was he afraid would be angry when they found out?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brothers.
(d) His teachers.
4. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
(a) Ms. Gold's gifts.
(b) His mother's money.
(c) The hug with his mother.
(d) The attention he received in the courtroom.
5. Why doesn't David want Ms. Gold to tell the court about his abuse?
(a) He told her lies.
(b) She told him she was going to lie.
(c) She was the one abusing him.
(d) He's afraid his mother will hurt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room was the boy forced to sleep in?
2. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
3. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
4. What does David spend hours doing once he receives his new clothes?
5. When David makes his telephone call, he is too scared to dial the numbers. Who dialed the number for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, why did David feel he should be placed in jail?
2. Why was it important for David to form a bond with Ms. Gold?
3. After David's custody trial, what does he say to Ms. Gold?
4. What makes the note David wrote in The Trial significant?
5. When the judge asked David where he wanted to live, David became overwhelmed by two emotions towards his mother. What were they?
6. What prompts the psychiatrist to report that David has anger issues?
7. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
8. What emotion(s) is David's mother trying to convey when she gives him new toys, clothes, and advice after his trial?
9. In New Beginnings, what does Tony do for David?
10. After his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's, David changed the story he told Ms. Gold. Why did David change his story?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)