|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David learn will happen to his possessions if he lives them behind?
(a) They will be returned to him.
(b) They will be sold.
(c) They will be given to charity.
(d) They will be lost forever.
2. How did David's mother react at the trial?
(a) She was happy to have him out of her life.
(b) She was arrested and thrown in jail.
(c) She denied everything and blamed it all on David.
(d) She gave him up without a fight.
3. What did David discover when Big Larry and he returned home?
(a) That he was not allowed to have contact with his mother.
(b) That he was not allowed to ride his bike.
(c) That he was not allowed to be friends with Big Larry.
(d) That he was not allowed to talk to Lilian.
4. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) The other foster children.
(d) Aunt Mary.
5. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
(a) Mr. Zeigler.
(b) Aunt Mary .
(c) Ms. Gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
2. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
3. When David gave his note to someone at the trail, how did this person react?
4. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
5. How long did David wait for his visitor to arrive at the Catanzes'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it important for David to form a bond with Ms. Gold?
2. In Chapter 1, David gives a description of his home life and calls himself his "Mother's prisoner." Give three examples of how David was his "Mother's prisoner."
3. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, what did the police officer tell David's mother?
4. What is Ms. Gold's response in The Trial when David asks what will happen to his brothers?
5. What emotion(s) is David's mother trying to convey when she gives him new toys, clothes, and advice after his trial?
6. After his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's, David changed the story he told Ms. Gold. Why did David change his story?
7. David notes in the chapter entitled Adrift, that Rudy seems angry at him. Why is Rudy angry with David?
8. In the Adrift chapter, why did Chris have fear in his eyes when he talked to David?
9. Why is the date August 21, 1973 important to David?
10. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, how did David react when Aunt Mary grabbed his arm?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)