Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
(d) Larry Junior.
2. Who catches the boy stealing and calls the police?
3. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
(a) The supermarket.
(b) The pizza bar.
(c) The Russian River.
(d) The church.
4. Who tormented David and called him a wimp for not fighting his mother?
(a) Larry Junior.
(b) Rudy Catanze.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Big Larry.
5. When David goes on a picnic with the Catanzes who did he meet?
(a) No one, David never went on a picnic with The Catanzes.
(b) His classmates.
(c) Hundreds of other foster children who used to call the Catanzes home.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. David and the other children at Aunt Mary's house like to steal what items from the grocery store?
2. On the way to his trial, David wonders what will happen to his...?
3. How long did David wait for his visitor to arrive at the Catanzes'?
4. Later in the evening, when David and Big Larry got into trouble, who did David try to call?
5. Who alerted authorities that David was being abused?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example to support David's belief that his time at the Hill was a positive experience.
2. While at the Hill, what did the mental health person want David to do?
3. Why does David's father allow the abuse to persist?
4. In the chapter entitled Adrift, what did David think when his visitor didn't show up at the appointed time?
5. In New Beginnings, what does Tony do for David?
6. In the Break Away chapter, David visits the Russian River once again. What did David take with him, and why was it important?
7. After his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's, David changed the story he told Ms. Gold. Why did David change his story?
8. What is the bicycle a symbol of to David?
9. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
10. When David goes to court, what does his lawyer tell the judge?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)