|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
(a) The injuries aren't severe enough to cover.
(b) The injuries are not new and have already left scars.
(c) The injuries are new.
(d) The injuries required stitches and could not be covered.
2. Where did Big Larry and David ride their bikes when they were in David's old neighborhood?
(a) Past the police station.
(b) Past David's mother's house.
(c) Past Aunt Mary's house.
(d) Past the pizza bar.
3. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
(a) His teachers.
(b) His classmates.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) The other foster children.
4. What does Roevra bring David on her visit to the Catanzes'?
(c) A bicycle.
5. In David's life, who has always been in control of everything?
(a) His Aunt Mary.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. After David leaves Aunt Mary's who were his first 'permanent' foster parents?
2. David is taken to a psychiatrist, what name does the psychiatrist insist on calling David?
3. On the way to his trial, David wonders what will happen to his...?
4. How does Lilian punish David when he breaks her rules?
5. Who saw Big Larry and David ride past their house?
Short Essay Questions
1. David's abuse wasn't reported until he was 12 years old. Why didn't anyone report the abuse sooner?
2. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
3. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, how did David react when Aunt Mary grabbed his arm?
4. In the chapter entitled Adrift, there are several instances where David wanted to talk to Lilian. What emotions inhibited the conversations from happening.
5. Why does David dread commercial breaks?
6. What makes the note David wrote in The Trial significant?
7. When the judge asked David where he wanted to live, David became overwhelmed by two emotions towards his mother. What were they?
8. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, what did the police officer tell David's mother?
9. David and Big Larry come up with a plan. What was the plan called, and what were the details of the plan?
10. In The Trial, what does Ms. Gold tell David on the way to his trial?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)