|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the boy when he was first placed into foster care?
(a) 3 years old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
2. After his tests at the hospital, David is taken to his first foster care home. Who was his first foster parent?
(a) Aunt Roerva.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(c) Mr. Zeigler.
(d) Ms. Gold.
3. Who tries to stand up for the boy when his parents are arguing?
4. David and the other children at Aunt Mary's house like to steal what items from the grocery store?
(b) Candy bars.
5. Who tormented David and called him a wimp for not fighting his mother?
(a) Larry Junior.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Rudy Catanze.
(d) Big Larry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did David ride to court with for his abuse trial?
2. At David's abuse trial, who did not appear in court?
3. What doesn't the psychiatrist allow David to do?
4. How did David's mother react at the trial?
5. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter entitled Adrift, there are several instances where David wanted to talk to Lilian. What emotions inhibited the conversations from happening.
2. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, what did the police officer tell David's mother?
3. What emotion(s) is David's mother trying to convey when she gives him new toys, clothes, and advice after his trial?
4. In The Trial, what does Ms. Gold tell David on the way to his trial?
5. In the chapter entitled Adrift, what did David think when his visitor didn't show up at the appointed time?
6. Why is the date August 21, 1973 important to David?
7. Why does David's father allow the abuse to persist?
8. In the Adrift chapter, why did Chris have fear in his eyes when he talked to David?
9. When the judge asked David where he wanted to live, David became overwhelmed by two emotions towards his mother. What were they?
10. In Chapter 1, David gives a description of his home life and calls himself his "Mother's prisoner." Give three examples of how David was his "Mother's prisoner."
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)