|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person at the bar gives the boy these two items:
(a) A soda and a pizza.
(b) His name and address.
(c) French bread and salami.
(d) A quarter and a soda.
2. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
(a) Larry Junior.
(b) Rudy Catanze.
(c) Lilian Catanze.
(d) Big Larry.
3. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
(a) Prescription pills.
4. How did David react when his visitor didn't show up to the Catanzes'?
(a) He acted out.
(b) He was devasted.
(c) He was relieved.
(d) He was happy.
5. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
(a) Aunt Mary's house.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) Ms. Gold's house.
(d) His father's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
2. What item did David's Mother once force him to eat as punishment.
3. The boy steals this object while at the pizza bar:
4. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
5. Who saw Big Larry and David ride past their house?
Short Essay Questions
1. David and Big Larry come up with a plan. What was the plan called, and what were the details of the plan?
2. Why does David dread commercial breaks?
3. In the chapter entitled Adrift, what did David think when his visitor didn't show up at the appointed time?
4. In New Beginnings, what does Tony do for David?
5. Why is the date August 21, 1973 important to David?
6. In The Run Away Chapter, why does David feel he deserves his punishments?
7. Why does David's father allow the abuse to persist?
8. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
9. In The Run Away Chapter, why does David thrive for the hours he is away from the house?
10. In the chapter entitled Adrift, there are several instances where David wanted to talk to Lilian. What emotions inhibited the conversations from happening.
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)