|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who alerted authorities that David was being abused?
(a) Mr. Zeigler.
(b) His father.
(d) Ms. Gold.
2. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
(a) Freedom from Ms. Gold.
(b) More new gifts.
(c) To write another note.
(d) Freedom from her control.
3. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
(a) Prescription pills.
4. Who tries to stand up for the boy when his parents are arguing?
5. What lie was told to the police officer by Father?
(a) The boy and his mother had an argument over riding a bicycle.
(b) The boy and his mother had an argument over the televison commercials.
(c) The boy and his mother had an argument over cleaning the kitchen.
(d) The boy and his mother had an argument over what to eat for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David's mother say at the trial?
2. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
3. How did David's mother react at the trial?
4. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
5. Later in the evening, when David and Big Larry got into trouble, who did David try to call?
Short Essay Questions
1. David's abuse wasn't reported until he was 12 years old. Why didn't anyone report the abuse sooner?
2. Why did David feel responsible for the Nulls' divorce?
3. When David goes to court, what does his lawyer tell the judge?
4. In the Adrift chapter, why did Chris have fear in his eyes when he talked to David?
5. What emotion(s) is David's mother trying to convey when she gives him new toys, clothes, and advice after his trial?
6. In the Estranged chapter, when David sees Russell, his brother, why doesn't David tell that he thinks Russell is now being abused?
7. How does David react to the school secretary's remarks about foster children?
8. What prompts the psychiatrist to report that David has anger issues?
9. In the Coming Around chapter, David is in high school and making true friends. Who are some of the people David makes friends with when the Walshes move? Please give a brief description of their relationships.
10. In the Estranged chapter, David meets his brother and they decide to meet again the next day. Describe in detail what happened when David tried to find his brother after school the next day.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)