|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
(a) Big Larry.
(c) Larry Junior.
2. Who does David end up spilling his guts to about his abuse after Roerva's visit.
(b) Big Larry.
3. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
(a) The basement stairs.
(b) The couch.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The kitchen table.
4. David hugs his mother good-bye after his trial. How did David feel about the hug?
(a) He felt it was sincere.
(b) He felt like it was a mistake.
(c) He felt nothing.
(d) He felt it was fake.
5. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
(a) She is kind to him.
(b) She is his mother.
(c) She is his foster parent.
(d) She is mean to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At David's abuse trial, who did not appear in court?
2. David is taken to a psychiatrist, what name does the psychiatrist insist on calling David?
3. What 'game' did David discover when he tried to make his telephone call.
4. David spends several days sitting in his room until Big Larry invites him to go somewhere. Where does he invite him to go?
5. What does David spend hours doing once he receives his new clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts the psychiatrist to report that David has anger issues?
2. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, why did David feel he should be placed in jail?
3. Late in the chapter entitled The Defiant One, after David returns to the Catanze's for the second time, what one fact does David cling to when Rudy is yelling at him?
4. In the Break Away chapter, David was living with the Turnboughs again. Did David ever go back and visit his friends on Duinsmoore Drive?
5. In the Estranged chapter, David meets his brother and they decide to meet again the next day. Describe in detail what happened when David tried to find his brother after school the next day.
6. What is Ms. Gold's response in The Trial when David asks what will happen to his brothers?
7. Did David stay in-touch with any of the people he met while he was in the foster care system? Please cite two specific examples in your answer.
8. Why does David's father allow the abuse to persist?
9. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
10. David is again placed with the Turnboughs. David informs Alice that this is where he belongs. One day David realizes that he cannot preform a simple life skills task, and begs Alice to teach him. What was the task, and what happened when David attempted the task?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)