|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
(a) The other foster children.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) His family.
(d) Aunt Mary.
2. Why doesn't David want Ms. Gold to tell the court about his abuse?
(a) He told her lies.
(b) She told him she was going to lie.
(c) He's afraid his mother will hurt him.
(d) She was the one abusing him.
3. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
(b) That he was happy and his lies worked.
(c) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
(d) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
4. David hugs his mother good-bye after his trial. How did David feel about the hug?
(a) He felt it was sincere.
(b) He felt it was fake.
(c) He felt like it was a mistake.
(d) He felt nothing.
5. Who does David end up spilling his guts to about his abuse after Roerva's visit.
(d) Big Larry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
2. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
3. Who catches the boy stealing and calls the police?
4. When David is taken to the hospital, who checks each room before he enters to make sure Mother isn't there?
5. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, David gives a description of his home life and calls himself his "Mother's prisoner." Give three examples of how David was his "Mother's prisoner."
2. David notes in the chapter entitled Adrift, that Rudy seems angry at him. Why is Rudy angry with David?
3. What prompts the psychiatrist to report that David has anger issues?
4. In The Trial, what does Ms. Gold tell David on the way to his trial?
5. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
6. In the chapter entitled Adrift, there are several instances where David wanted to talk to Lilian. What emotions inhibited the conversations from happening.
7. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, how did David react when Aunt Mary grabbed his arm?
8. In New Beginnings, what does Tony do for David?
9. Why didn't David understand simple terms, such as "grounded?"
10. In An Angel named Ms. Gold, what did the police officer tell David's mother?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)