|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
(a) Aunt Mary
(b) The judge.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) His mother.
2. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
(a) Take laxatives.
(b) Throw up.
(c) Stand in the corner.
(d) Sit on the steps.
3. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(d) The other foster children.
4. What does David learn will happen to his possessions if he lives them behind?
(a) They will be sold.
(b) They will be returned to him.
(c) They will be lost forever.
(d) They will be given to charity.
5. Who tries to stand up for the boy when his parents are arguing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who alerted authorities that David was being abused?
2. Later in the evening, when David and Big Larry got into trouble, who did David try to call?
3. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
4. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
5. What doesn't the psychiatrist allow David to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ms. Gold's response in The Trial when David asks what will happen to his brothers?
2. David notes in the chapter entitled Adrift, that Rudy seems angry at him. Why is Rudy angry with David?
3. In the chapter entitled Adrift, what did David think when his visitor didn't show up at the appointed time?
4. In New Beginnings, what does Tony do for David?
5. David and Big Larry come up with a plan. What was the plan called, and what were the details of the plan?
6. What prompts the psychiatrist to report that David has anger issues?
7. Why was it important for David to form a bond with Ms. Gold?
8. David's abuse wasn't reported until he was 12 years old. Why didn't anyone report the abuse sooner?
9. In The Run Away Chapter, why does David thrive for the hours he is away from the house?
10. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)