|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the boy when he was first placed into foster care?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 3 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
2. After David leaves Aunt Mary's who were his first 'permanent' foster parents?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Roevra and Stephen Pelzer.
(c) Big Larry.
(d) Lilian and Rudy Catanze.
3. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
(b) Larry Junior.
4. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) The other foster children.
5. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
(a) Rudy Catanze.
(b) Big Larry.
(c) Lilian Catanze.
(d) Larry Junior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
2. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
3. What is David hurt by when Roevra visits him?
4. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
5. What doesn't the psychiatrist allow David to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. David notes in the chapter entitled Adrift, that Rudy seems angry at him. Why is Rudy angry with David?
2. When David first arrived at Aunt Mary's, what was his response to the other foster children when they asked "what he was in for?"
3. What item becomes David's obsession at The Catanze's?
4. What makes the note David wrote in The Trial significant?
5. After his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's, David changed the story he told Ms. Gold. Why did David change his story?
6. David and Big Larry come up with a plan. What was the plan called, and what were the details of the plan?
7. In the chapter entitled Adrift, there are several instances where David wanted to talk to Lilian. What emotions inhibited the conversations from happening.
8. Why does David dread commercial breaks?
9. Why was it important for David to form a bond with Ms. Gold?
10. In the Adrift chapter, why did Chris have fear in his eyes when he talked to David?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)