|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David learn will happen to his possessions if he lives them behind?
(a) They will be sold.
(b) They will be given to charity.
(c) They will be returned to him.
(d) They will be lost forever.
2. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
(a) Ms. Gold's gifts.
(b) His mother's money.
(c) The hug with his mother.
(d) The attention he received in the courtroom.
3. On the way to his trial, David wonders what will happen to his...?
4. Why doesn't David want Ms. Gold to tell the court about his abuse?
(a) She told him she was going to lie.
(b) He told her lies.
(c) He's afraid his mother will hurt him.
(d) She was the one abusing him.
5. David spends several days sitting in his room until Big Larry invites him to go somewhere. Where does he invite him to go?
6. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
(a) David tells her that no one can prevent that anyway.
(b) David tells her his mother is abusing his brothers.
(c) David tells her to mind her own business.
(d) David tells her it's okay. He wants to go home.
7. What doesn't the psychiatrist allow David to do?
(a) Sit quietly.
(b) Hate his mother.
(c) Ask questions.
(d) Play games.
8. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
(a) She is his foster parent.
(b) She is mean to him.
(c) She is his mother.
(d) She is kind to him.
9. At David's abuse trial, who did not appear in court?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Ms. Gold.
10. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
11. What room was the boy forced to sleep in?
(a) The garage.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The porch.
(d) The basement.
12. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
(a) The Russian River.
(b) The supermarket.
(c) The church.
(d) The pizza bar.
13. Who was supposed to visit David at the Catanzes', but never showed up?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Big Larry.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. Where did Big Larry and David ride their bikes when they were in David's old neighborhood?
(a) Past Aunt Mary's house.
(b) Past the police station.
(c) Past the pizza bar.
(d) Past David's mother's house.
15. The boy steals this object while at the pizza bar:
(a) A dime.
(b) A dollar.
(c) Salami and bread.
(d) A quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
2. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
3. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
4. How much money did Lillian Catanze receive to buy David clothes?
5. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)