|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David hugs his mother good-bye after his trial. How did David feel about the hug?
(a) He felt it was sincere.
(b) He felt it was fake.
(c) He felt nothing.
(d) He felt like it was a mistake.
2. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
(b) Aunt Mary .
(c) Mr. Zeigler.
(d) Ms. Gold.
3. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
(a) That things would be the same.
(b) That they would go on vacation.
(c) That he could ride his bike.
(d) That things would be different.
4. Who was Ms. Gold?
(a) David's mother.
(b) David's aunt.
(c) David's social worker.
(d) David's foster parent.
5. Who came to pick the boy up from the police station?
6. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
(a) His mother.
(b) His foster parent.
(c) His Aunt.
(d) His social worker.
7. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
(a) She is mean to him.
(b) She is his foster parent.
(c) She is kind to him.
(d) She is his mother.
8. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
(a) Aunt Mary.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) The other foster children.
(d) His family.
9. What is David hurt by when Roevra visits him?
(a) Her hateful words.
(b) Her hug.
(c) Her lack of acknowledgment towards him.
(d) Her gifts.
10. What doesn't the psychiatrist allow David to do?
(a) Hate his mother.
(b) Ask questions.
(c) Play games.
(d) Sit quietly.
11. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
(a) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to return home.
(b) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to ride his bike.
(c) David tells Ms. Gold that his mother abuses him.
(d) David tells Ms. Gold that he made everything up.
12. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
(a) A fool.
(b) A liar.
(c) A hero.
(d) A traitor.
13. What did David's mother say at the trial?
(a) She said nothing.
(b) She said David was bad.
(c) She said she did abuse him.
(d) She said she loved David.
14. What 'game' did David discover when he tried to make his telephone call.
(a) That his mother had moved.
(b) That he dialed the wrong number.
(c) That his mother changed the telephone number.
(d) That Ms. Gold was no longer his foster parent.
15. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
(a) That he was happy.
(b) That he was angry.
(c) That he was tired.
(d) That he was sorry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
2. David is taken to a psychiatrist, what name does the psychiatrist insist on calling David?
3. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
4. What does David spend hours doing once he receives his new clothes?
5. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)