|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
(a) The attention he received in the courtroom.
(b) The hug with his mother.
(c) His mother's money.
(d) Ms. Gold's gifts.
2. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
(a) Aunt Mary.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) The other foster children.
(d) His family.
3. How did David feel after his first visit with the psychiatrist?
4. How did David react when his visitor didn't show up to the Catanzes'?
(a) He was happy.
(b) He was devasted.
(c) He was relieved.
(d) He acted out.
5. What was David's response when the judge asked him where he would like to live?
(a) David says he wants to live with his mother.
(b) David says he wants to live with the judge.
(c) David says he wants to live with Ms. Gold.
(d) David says he wants to live with his father.
6. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
(d) Larry Junior.
7. What 'game' did David discover when he tried to make his telephone call.
(a) That his mother changed the telephone number.
(b) That his mother had moved.
(c) That he dialed the wrong number.
(d) That Ms. Gold was no longer his foster parent.
8. Who does David end up spilling his guts to about his abuse after Roerva's visit.
(d) Big Larry.
9. David and the other children at Aunt Mary's house like to steal what items from the grocery store?
(c) Candy bars.
10. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
(a) Larry Junior.
(b) Big Larry.
(c) Lilian Catanze.
(d) Rudy Catanze.
11. When David goes on a picnic with the Catanzes who did he meet?
(a) Hundreds of other foster children who used to call the Catanzes home.
(b) No one, David never went on a picnic with The Catanzes.
(c) His classmates.
(d) His family.
12. David says he used to like school, but he now hates it. Why does David hate school?
(a) He doesn't like his homework.
(b) It takes away from his playtime.
(c) They don't give him enough homework.
(d) He doesn't like his teachers.
13. Who catches the boy stealing and calls the police?
14. The person at the bar gives the boy these two items:
(a) A soda and a pizza.
(b) His name and address.
(c) A quarter and a soda.
(d) French bread and salami.
15. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
(c) Prescription pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical condition did Chris have?
2. David spends several days sitting in his room until Big Larry invites him to go somewhere. Where does he invite him to go?
3. Who came to pick the boy up from the police station?
4. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
5. How old was the boy when he was first placed into foster care?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)