|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
(b) That he was happy and his lies worked.
(c) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
(d) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
2. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
(a) That things would be different.
(b) That he could ride his bike.
(c) That they would go on vacation.
(d) That things would be the same.
3. What is "The Boy's" real name?
4. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
(a) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to return home.
(b) David tells Ms. Gold that his mother abuses him.
(c) David tells Ms. Gold that he made everything up.
(d) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to ride his bike.
5. David and the other children at Aunt Mary's house like to steal what items from the grocery store?
(a) Candy bars.
6. After David leaves Aunt Mary's who were his first 'permanent' foster parents?
(a) Lilian and Rudy Catanze.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Big Larry.
(d) Roevra and Stephen Pelzer.
7. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
(a) The Russian River.
(b) The pizza bar.
(c) The supermarket.
(d) The church.
8. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
9. What does David learn will happen to his possessions if he lives them behind?
(a) They will be given to charity.
(b) They will be lost forever.
(c) They will be returned to him.
(d) They will be sold.
10. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
(a) Larry Junior.
(c) Big Larry.
11. What lie was told to the police officer by Father?
(a) The boy and his mother had an argument over what to eat for dinner.
(b) The boy and his mother had an argument over riding a bicycle.
(c) The boy and his mother had an argument over the televison commercials.
(d) The boy and his mother had an argument over cleaning the kitchen.
12. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
(a) She is his foster parent.
(b) She is mean to him.
(c) She is kind to him.
(d) She is his mother.
13. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
(a) Big Larry.
(b) Lilian Catanze.
(c) Rudy Catanze.
(d) Larry Junior.
14. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
(a) His mother.
(b) His foster parent.
(c) His social worker.
(d) His Aunt.
15. How does Lilian punish David when he breaks her rules?
(a) She locks him in a room.
(b) She makes him sleep in the garage.
(c) She beats him.
(d) She grounds him.
Short Answer Questions
1. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
2. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
3. When David is taken to the hospital, who checks each room before he enters to make sure Mother isn't there?
4. Who tells the boy "It hasn't the guts to go?"
5. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)