|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
(c) Prescription pills.
2. What room was the boy forced to sleep in?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The garage.
(c) The basement.
(d) The porch.
3. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
(a) The hug with his mother.
(b) The attention he received in the courtroom.
(c) His mother's money.
(d) Ms. Gold's gifts.
4. What 'game' did David discover when he tried to make his telephone call.
(a) That his mother had moved.
(b) That he dialed the wrong number.
(c) That his mother changed the telephone number.
(d) That Ms. Gold was no longer his foster parent.
5. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
(a) The kitchen table.
(b) The front porch.
(c) The basement stairs.
(d) The couch.
6. What did David's mother threaten to do if Lilian couldn't control David?
(a) Make David live with her,
(b) Have him moved to another home.
(c) Come and beat David.
(d) Show Lilian how to punish David.
7. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
(a) He placed him back with his mother.
(b) He placed him with his father.
(c) He placed him with Ms. Gold.
(d) He placed him in the state's custody.
8. How does Lilian punish David when he breaks her rules?
(a) She beats him.
(b) She makes him sleep in the garage.
(c) She locks him in a room.
(d) She grounds him.
9. What medical condition did Chris have?
(a) He had diabetes,
(b) He had cerebral palsy.
(c) He had ADHD.
(d) He was obese.
10. When David makes his telephone call, he is too scared to dial the numbers. Who dialed the number for him?
(a) Big Larry.
11. Who tells the boy "It hasn't the guts to go?"
12. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
(a) That he was bad.
(b) That he should have gone back to his mother's home.
(c) That he was alone.
(d) That many abused children feel the same way.
13. Who does David end up spilling his guts to about his abuse after Roerva's visit.
(d) Big Larry.
14. What is David hurt by when Roevra visits him?
(a) Her hug.
(b) Her gifts.
(c) Her hateful words.
(d) Her lack of acknowledgment towards him.
15. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A liar.
(c) A hero.
(d) A fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did David react when his visitor didn't show up to the Catanzes'?
2. When David is taken to the hospital, who checks each room before he enters to make sure Mother isn't there?
3. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
4. Who did David ride to court with for his abuse trial?
5. When David goes on a picnic with the Catanzes who did he meet?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)