|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lilian punish David when he breaks her rules?
(a) She makes him sleep in the garage.
(b) She locks him in a room.
(c) She beats him.
(d) She grounds him.
2. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) His mother.
(c) Aunt Mary
(d) The judge.
3. What did David's mother threaten to do if Lilian couldn't control David?
(a) Come and beat David.
(b) Make David live with her,
(c) Show Lilian how to punish David.
(d) Have him moved to another home.
4. In David's life, who has always been in control of everything?
(a) His Aunt Mary.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
(a) Larry Junior.
6. Who tries to stand up for the boy when his parents are arguing?
7. Who was supposed to visit David at the Catanzes', but never showed up?
(a) His mother.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Big Larry.
(d) His father.
8. David says he used to like school, but he now hates it. Why does David hate school?
(a) They don't give him enough homework.
(b) It takes away from his playtime.
(c) He doesn't like his teachers.
(d) He doesn't like his homework.
9. Who catches the boy stealing and calls the police?
10. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A fool.
(c) A liar.
(d) A hero.
11. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
(a) Stand in the corner.
(b) Throw up.
(c) Sit on the steps.
(d) Take laxatives.
12. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
(a) That they would go on vacation.
(b) That he could ride his bike.
(c) That things would be the same.
(d) That things would be different.
13. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
(a) Aunt Mary.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) The other foster children.
14. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
(b) Larry Junior.
(d) Big Larry.
15. On the way to his trial, David wonders what will happen to his...?
Short Answer Questions
1. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
2. After David leaves Aunt Mary's who were his first 'permanent' foster parents?
3. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
4. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
5. During David's visit with his mother, Aunt Mary leaves the room to answer the telephone. What does Mother do when she is alone with David?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)