|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
(a) That he should be returned to his mother's home.
(b) That he should be returned to live with Ms. Gold.
(c) That he should never return to his mother's home.
(d) That he should be returned to live with his Father.
2. How did David feel after his first visit with the psychiatrist?
3. What 'game' did David discover when he tried to make his telephone call.
(a) That his mother had moved.
(b) That Ms. Gold was no longer his foster parent.
(c) That he dialed the wrong number.
(d) That his mother changed the telephone number.
4. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That he was happy and his lies worked.
(b) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
(c) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
(d) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
5. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
(a) David tells Ms. Gold that he made everything up.
(b) David tells Ms. Gold that his mother abuses him.
(c) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to return home.
(d) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to ride his bike.
6. What item did David's Mother once force him to eat as punishment.
(a) Dog feces.
7. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
(c) Prescription pills.
8. What did the boy promise his father on the ride home from the police station?
(a) To run away.
(b) To play outside.
(c) To be a good boy.
(d) To go to bed.
9. David spends several days sitting in his room until Big Larry invites him to go somewhere. Where does he invite him to go?
10. What is David hurt by when Roevra visits him?
(a) Her lack of acknowledgment towards him.
(b) Her gifts.
(c) Her hateful words.
(d) Her hug.
11. When David goes on a picnic with the Catanzes who did he meet?
(a) Hundreds of other foster children who used to call the Catanzes home.
(b) His classmates.
(c) His family.
(d) No one, David never went on a picnic with The Catanzes.
12. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Aunt Mary .
(c) Mr. Zeigler.
13. What did the boy desperately want from his parents?
14. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
(a) Aunt Mary
(b) The judge.
(c) His mother.
(d) Ms. Gold.
15. What did David discover when Big Larry and he returned home?
(a) That he was not allowed to be friends with Big Larry.
(b) That he was not allowed to talk to Lilian.
(c) That he was not allowed to ride his bike.
(d) That he was not allowed to have contact with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
2. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
3. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
4. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
5. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)