|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did David react when his visitor didn't show up to the Catanzes'?
(a) He was happy.
(b) He acted out.
(c) He was devasted.
(d) He was relieved.
2. David spends several days sitting in his room until Big Larry invites him to go somewhere. Where does he invite him to go?
3. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
(a) Freedom from Ms. Gold.
(b) Freedom from her control.
(c) More new gifts.
(d) To write another note.
4. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
(a) David tells her to mind her own business.
(b) David tells her it's okay. He wants to go home.
(c) David tells her his mother is abusing his brothers.
(d) David tells her that no one can prevent that anyway.
5. At David's abuse trial, who did not appear in court?
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
6. What does David spend hours doing once he receives his new clothes?
(a) Throwing them on the floor.
(b) Cutting them up to design his own style.
(c) Rearranging them in his dresser.
(d) Hiding them from the other foster children.
7. In David's life, who has always been in control of everything?
(a) His Aunt Mary.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
8. The person at the bar gives the boy these two items:
(a) A quarter and a soda.
(b) His name and address.
(c) French bread and salami.
(d) A soda and a pizza.
9. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
(a) The injuries are not new and have already left scars.
(b) The injuries are new.
(c) The injuries aren't severe enough to cover.
(d) The injuries required stitches and could not be covered.
10. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) The judge.
(c) Aunt Mary
(d) His mother.
11. Who catches the boy stealing and calls the police?
12. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
(a) A hero.
(b) A liar.
(c) A fool.
(d) A traitor.
13. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
(a) Ms. Gold's house.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) Aunt Mary's house.
(d) His father's house.
14. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
(a) Aunt Mary.
(b) The other foster children.
(c) His family.
(d) Ms. Gold.
15. When David makes his telephone call, he is too scared to dial the numbers. Who dialed the number for him?
(b) Big Larry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other foster child takes David to the movies and the park?
2. When David goes on a picnic with the Catanzes who did he meet?
3. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
4. After his tests at the hospital, David is taken to his first foster care home. Who was his first foster parent?
5. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)