|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to pick the boy up from the police station?
2. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
(a) Larry Junior.
(b) Big Larry.
3. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
(a) That he should be returned to his mother's home.
(b) That he should never return to his mother's home.
(c) That he should be returned to live with Ms. Gold.
(d) That he should be returned to live with his Father.
4. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That he was happy and his lies worked.
(b) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
(c) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
(d) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
5. At David's abuse trial, who did not appear in court?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) Ms. Gold.
6. When David first arrives at Aunt Mary's, he is very hyperactive. What causes this sudden surge of energy?
(a) He is always hyperactive.
(b) It is his first experience of freedom.
(c) He is happy to finally be home.
(d) He had too much candy at the hospital.
7. David spends several days sitting in his room until Big Larry invites him to go somewhere. Where does he invite him to go?
8. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
(a) That many abused children feel the same way.
(b) That he should have gone back to his mother's home.
(c) That he was alone.
(d) That he was bad.
9. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
(a) The floor.
(b) A cot.
(c) The steps.
(d) A bed.
10. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
(a) Take laxatives.
(b) Stand in the corner.
(c) Throw up.
(d) Sit on the steps.
11. What did the boy promise his father on the ride home from the police station?
(a) To be a good boy.
(b) To run away.
(c) To go to bed.
(d) To play outside.
12. David had mixed emotions about his abuse being reported. Who was he afraid would be angry when they found out?
(a) His mother.
(b) His teachers.
(c) His father.
(d) His brothers.
13. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
14. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
(c) Prescription pills.
15. What did David's mother say at the trial?
(a) She said she did abuse him.
(b) She said she loved David.
(c) She said nothing.
(d) She said David was bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw Big Larry and David ride past their house?
2. Where did Big Larry and David ride their bikes when they were in David's old neighborhood?
3. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
4. David hugs his mother good-bye after his trial. How did David feel about the hug?
5. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)