|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David goes on a picnic with the Catanzes who did he meet?
(a) No one, David never went on a picnic with The Catanzes.
(b) Hundreds of other foster children who used to call the Catanzes home.
(c) His classmates.
(d) His family.
2. When David makes his telephone call, he is too scared to dial the numbers. Who dialed the number for him?
(d) Big Larry.
3. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
(a) That he was happy.
(b) That he was tired.
(c) That he was sorry.
(d) That he was angry.
4. The person at the bar gives the boy these two items:
(a) His name and address.
(b) A quarter and a soda.
(c) A soda and a pizza.
(d) French bread and salami.
5. On the way to his trial, David wonders what will happen to his...?
6. Who alerted authorities that David was being abused?
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) His father.
(d) Mr. Zeigler.
7. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
(a) She is his mother.
(b) She is mean to him.
(c) She is his foster parent.
(d) She is kind to him.
8. What item did David's Mother once force him to eat as punishment.
(b) Dog feces.
9. How old was the boy when he was first placed into foster care?
(a) 3 years old.
(b) 9 years old.
(c) 7 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
10. What medical condition did Chris have?
(a) He had cerebral palsy.
(b) He had ADHD.
(c) He had diabetes,
(d) He was obese.
11. What 'game' did David discover when he tried to make his telephone call.
(a) That his mother had moved.
(b) That he dialed the wrong number.
(c) That his mother changed the telephone number.
(d) That Ms. Gold was no longer his foster parent.
12. Who does David end up spilling his guts to about his abuse after Roerva's visit.
(b) Big Larry.
13. In David's life, who has always been in control of everything?
(a) His father.
(b) His Aunt Mary.
(c) His mother.
14. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
(a) He placed him back with his mother.
(b) He placed him with Ms. Gold.
(c) He placed him in the state's custody.
(d) He placed him with his father.
15. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
(a) The steps.
(b) A bed.
(c) The floor.
(d) A cot.
Short Answer Questions
1. After David leaves Aunt Mary's who were his first 'permanent' foster parents?
2. David and the other children at Aunt Mary's house like to steal what items from the grocery store?
3. During David's visit with his mother, Aunt Mary leaves the room to answer the telephone. What does Mother do when she is alone with David?
4. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
5. Why doesn't David want Ms. Gold to tell the court about his abuse?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)