|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David's mother say at the trial?
(a) She said nothing.
(b) She said she loved David.
(c) She said she did abuse him.
(d) She said David was bad.
2. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
(a) The Russian River.
(b) The pizza bar.
(c) The church.
(d) The supermarket.
3. How does Lilian punish David when he breaks her rules?
(a) She beats him.
(b) She locks him in a room.
(c) She makes him sleep in the garage.
(d) She grounds him.
4. David is taken to a psychiatrist, what name does the psychiatrist insist on calling David?
5. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
(a) That he should be returned to live with his Father.
(b) That he should be returned to live with Ms. Gold.
(c) That he should never return to his mother's home.
(d) That he should be returned to his mother's home.
6. What does Roevra bring David on her visit to the Catanzes'?
(a) A bicycle.
7. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
(a) The other foster children.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) His family.
8. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
(a) His father's house.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) Aunt Mary's house.
(d) Ms. Gold's house.
9. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
(a) His mother.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Aunt Mary
(d) The judge.
10. David spends several days sitting in his room until Big Larry invites him to go somewhere. Where does he invite him to go?
11. After his tests at the hospital, David is taken to his first foster care home. Who was his first foster parent?
(a) Mr. Zeigler.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(c) Aunt Roerva.
(d) Ms. Gold.
12. What was David's response when the judge asked him where he would like to live?
(a) David says he wants to live with his mother.
(b) David says he wants to live with the judge.
(c) David says he wants to live with his father.
(d) David says he wants to live with Ms. Gold.
13. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
(a) The injuries required stitches and could not be covered.
(b) The injuries are not new and have already left scars.
(c) The injuries aren't severe enough to cover.
(d) The injuries are new.
14. How much money did Lillian Catanze receive to buy David clothes?
15. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A fool.
(c) A liar.
(d) A hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did David wait for his visitor to arrive at the Catanzes'?
2. Who tries to stand up for the boy when his parents are arguing?
3. What item did David's Mother once force him to eat as punishment.
4. David says he used to like school, but he now hates it. Why does David hate school?
5. How did David react when his visitor didn't show up to the Catanzes'?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)