|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did David's Mother once force him to eat as punishment.
(d) Dog feces.
2. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
(c) Prescription pills.
3. How much money did Lillian Catanze receive to buy David clothes?
4. After David leaves Aunt Mary's who were his first 'permanent' foster parents?
(a) Lilian and Rudy Catanze.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Roevra and Stephen Pelzer.
(d) Big Larry.
5. What does David spend hours doing once he receives his new clothes?
(a) Cutting them up to design his own style.
(b) Throwing them on the floor.
(c) Hiding them from the other foster children.
(d) Rearranging them in his dresser.
6. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
(a) His foster parent.
(b) His social worker.
(c) His Aunt.
(d) His mother.
7. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
(a) Aunt Mary.
(b) His family.
(c) The other foster children.
(d) Ms. Gold.
8. The boy steals this object while at the pizza bar:
(a) A quarter.
(b) A dime.
(c) A dollar.
(d) Salami and bread.
9. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
(a) His classmates.
(b) The other foster children.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) His teachers.
10. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(c) Aunt Mary .
(d) Mr. Zeigler.
11. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
(a) David tells her to mind her own business.
(b) David tells her that no one can prevent that anyway.
(c) David tells her his mother is abusing his brothers.
(d) David tells her it's okay. He wants to go home.
12. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
(a) That he should be returned to live with his Father.
(b) That he should never return to his mother's home.
(c) That he should be returned to live with Ms. Gold.
(d) That he should be returned to his mother's home.
13. Who saw Big Larry and David ride past their house?
(a) One of David's brothers.
(b) Larry Junior.
(c) Ms. Gold.
14. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That he was happy and his lies worked.
(b) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
(c) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
(d) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
15. Before his court hearing, where does David want to be placed?
(a) With Ms. Gold.
(b) With his mother.
(c) With Aunt Mary.
(d) In jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. David is taken to a psychiatrist, what name does the psychiatrist insist on calling David?
2. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
3. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
4. After his tests at the hospital, David is taken to his first foster care home. Who was his first foster parent?
5. Who tries to stand up for the boy when his parents are arguing?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)