|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
(a) The other foster children.
(b) His classmates.
(c) His teachers.
(d) Aunt Mary.
2. What lie was told to the police officer by Father?
(a) The boy and his mother had an argument over the televison commercials.
(b) The boy and his mother had an argument over riding a bicycle.
(c) The boy and his mother had an argument over cleaning the kitchen.
(d) The boy and his mother had an argument over what to eat for dinner.
3. What did the boy promise his father on the ride home from the police station?
(a) To run away.
(b) To be a good boy.
(c) To go to bed.
(d) To play outside.
4. What was David's response when the judge asked him where he would like to live?
(a) David says he wants to live with Ms. Gold.
(b) David says he wants to live with the judge.
(c) David says he wants to live with his mother.
(d) David says he wants to live with his father.
5. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
(a) The kitchen table.
(b) The couch.
(c) The basement stairs.
(d) The front porch.
6. Before his court hearing, where does David want to be placed?
(a) With his mother.
(b) With Ms. Gold.
(c) In jail.
(d) With Aunt Mary.
7. How old was the boy when he was first placed into foster care?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 3 years old.
8. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
(a) To write another note.
(b) Freedom from her control.
(c) Freedom from Ms. Gold.
(d) More new gifts.
9. How much money did Lillian Catanze receive to buy David clothes?
10. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
(a) He placed him back with his mother.
(b) He placed him with Ms. Gold.
(c) He placed him with his father.
(d) He placed him in the state's custody.
11. Who tries to stand up for the boy when his parents are arguing?
12. Who tells the boy "It hasn't the guts to go?"
13. How did David feel after his first visit with the psychiatrist?
14. What does David spend hours doing once he receives his new clothes?
(a) Throwing them on the floor.
(b) Hiding them from the other foster children.
(c) Rearranging them in his dresser.
(d) Cutting them up to design his own style.
15. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
(a) Mr. Zeigler.
(b) Aunt Mary .
(c) Ms. Gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David's mother threaten to do if Lilian couldn't control David?
2. Who did David ride to court with for his abuse trial?
3. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
4. How does Lilian punish David when he breaks her rules?
5. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)