|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
(a) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to ride his bike.
(b) David tells Ms. Gold that his mother abuses him.
(c) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to return home.
(d) David tells Ms. Gold that he made everything up.
2. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
(a) David tells her that no one can prevent that anyway.
(b) David tells her it's okay. He wants to go home.
(c) David tells her to mind her own business.
(d) David tells her his mother is abusing his brothers.
3. Who tormented David and called him a wimp for not fighting his mother?
(a) Larry Junior.
(b) Rudy Catanze.
(c) Big Larry.
(d) Ms. Gold.
4. Who came to pick the boy up from the police station?
5. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
(a) The other foster children.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(d) Aunt Mary.
6. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
(a) The hug with his mother.
(b) His mother's money.
(c) The attention he received in the courtroom.
(d) Ms. Gold's gifts.
7. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) His family.
(c) The other foster children.
(d) Aunt Mary.
8. Who does David end up spilling his guts to about his abuse after Roerva's visit.
(d) Big Larry.
9. At David's abuse trial, who did not appear in court?
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
10. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
(a) That things would be different.
(b) That things would be the same.
(c) That they would go on vacation.
(d) That he could ride his bike.
11. Who tries to stand up for the boy when his parents are arguing?
12. The boy steals this object while at the pizza bar:
(a) A quarter.
(b) Salami and bread.
(c) A dime.
(d) A dollar.
13. Who catches the boy stealing and calls the police?
14. What is David hurt by when Roevra visits him?
(a) Her hateful words.
(b) Her hug.
(c) Her lack of acknowledgment towards him.
(d) Her gifts.
15. When David first arrives at Aunt Mary's, he is very hyperactive. What causes this sudden surge of energy?
(a) He is happy to finally be home.
(b) It is his first experience of freedom.
(c) He is always hyperactive.
(d) He had too much candy at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David gave his note to someone at the trail, how did this person react?
2. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
3. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
4. During David's visit with his mother, Aunt Mary leaves the room to answer the telephone. What does Mother do when she is alone with David?
5. What did David's mother say at the trial?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)