|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did David's mother react at the trial?
(a) She was happy to have him out of her life.
(b) She denied everything and blamed it all on David.
(c) She was arrested and thrown in jail.
(d) She gave him up without a fight.
2. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
(b) The other foster children.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Aunt Mary.
3. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
(a) David tells her that no one can prevent that anyway.
(b) David tells her his mother is abusing his brothers.
(c) David tells her it's okay. He wants to go home.
(d) David tells her to mind her own business.
4. Who did David ride to court with for his abuse trial?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) His mother.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) His father.
5. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
(a) Larry Junior.
6. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
(a) The injuries aren't severe enough to cover.
(b) The injuries required stitches and could not be covered.
(c) The injuries are not new and have already left scars.
(d) The injuries are new.
7. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
8. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
(a) She tells him to run-away.
(b) She tells him to enjoy his freedom.
(c) She tells him to get in the car.
(d) She tells him this is a new beginning.
9. Who tries to stand up for the boy when his parents are arguing?
10. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
(a) Aunt Mary's house.
(b) Ms. Gold's house.
(c) His father's house.
(d) His mother's house.
11. When David gave his note to someone at the trail, how did this person react?
(a) They broke down in tears.
(b) They tore it up.
(c) They told David they were sorry.
(d) They put it in their pocket.
12. Who alerted authorities that David was being abused?
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Mr. Zeigler.
(d) His father.
13. When David first arrives at Aunt Mary's, he is very hyperactive. What causes this sudden surge of energy?
(a) He is always hyperactive.
(b) He is happy to finally be home.
(c) He had too much candy at the hospital.
(d) It is his first experience of freedom.
14. How long did David wait for his visitor to arrive at the Catanzes'?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Two days.
(d) Several hours.
15. How much money did Lillian Catanze receive to buy David clothes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't David want Ms. Gold to tell the court about his abuse?
2. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
3. What item did David's Mother once force him to eat as punishment.
4. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
5. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)