|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
(a) She is mean to him.
(b) She is kind to him.
(c) She is his foster parent.
(d) She is his mother.
2. Before his court hearing, where does David want to be placed?
(a) With Ms. Gold.
(b) With his mother.
(c) With Aunt Mary.
(d) In jail.
3. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
(a) Freedom from her control.
(b) To write another note.
(c) Freedom from Ms. Gold.
(d) More new gifts.
4. Who tormented David and called him a wimp for not fighting his mother?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Rudy Catanze.
(c) Larry Junior.
(d) Big Larry.
5. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
(a) Take laxatives.
(b) Stand in the corner.
(c) Throw up.
(d) Sit on the steps.
6. How did David react when his visitor didn't show up to the Catanzes'?
(a) He acted out.
(b) He was devasted.
(c) He was relieved.
(d) He was happy.
7. In David's life, who has always been in control of everything?
(a) His father.
(b) His Aunt Mary.
(c) His mother.
8. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
(a) His mother's house.
(b) His father's house.
(c) Aunt Mary's house.
(d) Ms. Gold's house.
9. Who was supposed to visit David at the Catanzes', but never showed up?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) His father.
(c) Big Larry.
(d) His mother.
10. What did the boy promise his father on the ride home from the police station?
(a) To play outside.
(b) To be a good boy.
(c) To run away.
(d) To go to bed.
11. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
(a) The basement stairs.
(b) The kitchen table.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The couch.
12. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
13. Who does David end up spilling his guts to about his abuse after Roerva's visit.
(c) Big Larry.
14. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
(a) He placed him with his father.
(b) He placed him back with his mother.
(c) He placed him with Ms. Gold.
(d) He placed him in the state's custody.
15. What does David learn will happen to his possessions if he lives them behind?
(a) They will be lost forever.
(b) They will be sold.
(c) They will be given to charity.
(d) They will be returned to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did David ride to court with for his abuse trial?
2. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
3. What does David spend hours doing once he receives his new clothes?
4. David hugs his mother good-bye after his trial. How did David feel about the hug?
5. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)