|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In David's life, who has always been in control of everything?
(a) His Aunt Mary.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. When David makes his telephone call, he is too scared to dial the numbers. Who dialed the number for him?
(d) Big Larry.
3. What did the boy desperately want from his parents?
4. What did David's mother say at the trial?
(a) She said she did abuse him.
(b) She said nothing.
(c) She said David was bad.
(d) She said she loved David.
5. What does David learn will happen to his possessions if he lives them behind?
(a) They will be returned to him.
(b) They will be sold.
(c) They will be given to charity.
(d) They will be lost forever.
6. After his tests at the hospital, David is taken to his first foster care home. Who was his first foster parent?
(a) Aunt Roerva.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) Mr. Zeigler.
7. What medical condition did Chris have?
(a) He was obese.
(b) He had cerebral palsy.
(c) He had ADHD.
(d) He had diabetes,
8. How did David's mother react at the trial?
(a) She was arrested and thrown in jail.
(b) She denied everything and blamed it all on David.
(c) She gave him up without a fight.
(d) She was happy to have him out of her life.
9. What item did David's Mother once force him to eat as punishment.
(a) Dog feces.
10. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
(a) He placed him with his father.
(b) He placed him in the state's custody.
(c) He placed him with Ms. Gold.
(d) He placed him back with his mother.
11. When David is taken to the hospital, who checks each room before he enters to make sure Mother isn't there?
(a) His father.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A police officer.
12. Who was supposed to visit David at the Catanzes', but never showed up?
(a) Big Larry.
(b) His mother.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) His father.
13. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
(a) The basement stairs.
(b) The couch.
(c) The kitchen table.
(d) The front porch.
14. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
(a) The pizza bar.
(b) The Russian River.
(c) The supermarket.
(d) The church.
15. What room was the boy forced to sleep in?
(a) The basement.
(b) The porch.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
2. How does Lilian punish David when he breaks her rules?
3. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
4. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
5. Later in the evening, when David and Big Larry got into trouble, who did David try to call?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)