|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
(a) The injuries are not new and have already left scars.
(b) The injuries required stitches and could not be covered.
(c) The injuries aren't severe enough to cover.
(d) The injuries are new.
2. What does Roevra bring David on her visit to the Catanzes'?
(a) A bicycle.
3. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
(a) The couch.
(b) The basement stairs.
(c) The kitchen table.
(d) The front porch.
4. Who tells the boy "It hasn't the guts to go?"
5. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
(a) Aunt Mary.
(b) The other foster children.
(c) His classmates.
(d) His teachers.
6. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
7. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
(a) His foster parent.
(b) His mother.
(c) His social worker.
(d) His Aunt.
8. Who tormented David and called him a wimp for not fighting his mother?
(a) Big Larry.
(b) Rudy Catanze.
(c) Larry Junior.
(d) Ms. Gold.
9. How did David's mother react at the trial?
(a) She denied everything and blamed it all on David.
(b) She was arrested and thrown in jail.
(c) She gave him up without a fight.
(d) She was happy to have him out of her life.
10. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
(a) She is kind to him.
(b) She is his foster parent.
(c) She is his mother.
(d) She is mean to him.
11. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
(a) Larry Junior.
(c) Big Larry.
12. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
(a) That he could ride his bike.
(b) That things would be the same.
(c) That things would be different.
(d) That they would go on vacation.
13. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
(a) Aunt Mary's house.
(b) Ms. Gold's house.
(c) His mother's house.
(d) His father's house.
14. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
(d) Larry Junior.
15. What did David's mother threaten to do if Lilian couldn't control David?
(a) Have him moved to another home.
(b) Show Lilian how to punish David.
(c) Make David live with her,
(d) Come and beat David.
Short Answer Questions
1. David had mixed emotions about his abuse being reported. Who was he afraid would be angry when they found out?
2. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
3. Before his court hearing, where does David want to be placed?
4. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
5. What medical condition did Chris have?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)