|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
(a) A fool.
(b) A liar.
(c) A hero.
(d) A traitor.
2. Later in the evening, when David and Big Larry got into trouble, who did David try to call?
(a) His mother.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) His father.
(d) Aunt Mary.
3. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
(d) Larry Junior.
4. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(b) David is afraid of his classmates.
(c) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
(d) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
5. The boy steals this object while at the pizza bar:
(a) A dime.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A dollar.
(d) Salami and bread.
6. What is "The Boy's" real name?
7. Who came to pick the boy up from the police station?
8. Who saw Big Larry and David ride past their house?
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Larry Junior.
(d) One of David's brothers.
9. How did David's mother react at the trial?
(a) She gave him up without a fight.
(b) She was arrested and thrown in jail.
(c) She denied everything and blamed it all on David.
(d) She was happy to have him out of her life.
10. When David first arrives at Aunt Mary's, he is very hyperactive. What causes this sudden surge of energy?
(a) It is his first experience of freedom.
(b) He is happy to finally be home.
(c) He had too much candy at the hospital.
(d) He is always hyperactive.
11. Where did Big Larry and David ride their bikes when they were in David's old neighborhood?
(a) Past the pizza bar.
(b) Past the police station.
(c) Past David's mother's house.
(d) Past Aunt Mary's house.
12. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
(a) The other foster children.
(b) His teachers.
(c) His classmates.
(d) Aunt Mary.
13. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
(a) She is kind to him.
(b) She is his foster parent.
(c) She is his mother.
(d) She is mean to him.
14. When David goes on a picnic with the Catanzes who did he meet?
(a) His family.
(b) No one, David never went on a picnic with The Catanzes.
(c) Hundreds of other foster children who used to call the Catanzes home.
(d) His classmates.
15. David is taken to a psychiatrist, what name does the psychiatrist insist on calling David?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
2. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
3. David says he used to like school, but he now hates it. Why does David hate school?
4. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
5. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)