|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
(a) That they would go on vacation.
(b) That he could ride his bike.
(c) That things would be different.
(d) That things would be the same.
2. Who tormented David and called him a wimp for not fighting his mother?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Rudy Catanze.
(c) Big Larry.
(d) Larry Junior.
3. When David gave his note to someone at the trail, how did this person react?
(a) They put it in their pocket.
(b) They broke down in tears.
(c) They tore it up.
(d) They told David they were sorry.
4. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
(a) That he was bad.
(b) That he was alone.
(c) That he should have gone back to his mother's home.
(d) That many abused children feel the same way.
5. What doesn't the psychiatrist allow David to do?
(a) Play games.
(b) Hate his mother.
(c) Ask questions.
(d) Sit quietly.
6. What item did David's Mother once force him to eat as punishment.
(a) Dog feces.
7. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David is afraid of his classmates.
(b) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
(c) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(d) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
8. The person at the bar gives the boy these two items:
(a) A quarter and a soda.
(b) A soda and a pizza.
(c) His name and address.
(d) French bread and salami.
9. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
(a) Throw up.
(b) Sit on the steps.
(c) Take laxatives.
(d) Stand in the corner.
10. How long did David wait for his visitor to arrive at the Catanzes'?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Two days.
(d) Twenty minutes.
11. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
(b) Larry Junior.
12. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
(a) His mother.
(b) His social worker.
(c) His foster parent.
(d) His Aunt.
13. How did David's mother react at the trial?
(a) She gave him up without a fight.
(b) She was happy to have him out of her life.
(c) She denied everything and blamed it all on David.
(d) She was arrested and thrown in jail.
14. What did David's mother threaten to do if Lilian couldn't control David?
(a) Come and beat David.
(b) Have him moved to another home.
(c) Make David live with her,
(d) Show Lilian how to punish David.
15. In David's life, who has always been in control of everything?
(a) His Aunt Mary.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the boy when he was first placed into foster care?
2. Who was Ms. Gold?
3. What is "The Boy's" real name?
4. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
5. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)