|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
2. How does Lilian punish David when he breaks her rules?
(a) She grounds him.
(b) She beats him.
(c) She locks him in a room.
(d) She makes him sleep in the garage.
3. When David first arrives at Aunt Mary's, he is very hyperactive. What causes this sudden surge of energy?
(a) He is happy to finally be home.
(b) He had too much candy at the hospital.
(c) It is his first experience of freedom.
(d) He is always hyperactive.
4. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
(a) The injuries required stitches and could not be covered.
(b) The injuries aren't severe enough to cover.
(c) The injuries are new.
(d) The injuries are not new and have already left scars.
5. What room was the boy forced to sleep in?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The basement.
(c) The porch.
(d) The garage.
6. Why doesn't David want Ms. Gold to tell the court about his abuse?
(a) She was the one abusing him.
(b) He told her lies.
(c) He's afraid his mother will hurt him.
(d) She told him she was going to lie.
7. What other foster child takes David to the movies and the park?
(a) Big Larry.
(b) Larry Junior.
(d) Rudy Catanze.
8. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
(a) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to return home.
(b) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to ride his bike.
(c) David tells Ms. Gold that his mother abuses him.
(d) David tells Ms. Gold that he made everything up.
9. Who alerted authorities that David was being abused?
(a) His father.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Mr. Zeigler.
10. What item did David's Mother once force him to eat as punishment.
(d) Dog feces.
11. What does David spend hours doing once he receives his new clothes?
(a) Hiding them from the other foster children.
(b) Throwing them on the floor.
(c) Cutting them up to design his own style.
(d) Rearranging them in his dresser.
12. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
(a) Ms. Gold's house.
(b) His father's house.
(c) His mother's house.
(d) Aunt Mary's house.
13. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
(a) Aunt Mary.
(b) His teachers.
(c) His classmates.
(d) The other foster children.
14. David is taken to a psychiatrist, what name does the psychiatrist insist on calling David?
15. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
(a) Aunt Mary .
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Mr. Zeigler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was David's response when the judge asked him where he would like to live?
2. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
3. What does David learn will happen to his possessions if he lives them behind?
4. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
5. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)