|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David's mother say at the trial?
(a) She said she loved David.
(b) She said nothing.
(c) She said David was bad.
(d) She said she did abuse him.
2. Why doesn't David want Ms. Gold to tell the court about his abuse?
(a) She told him she was going to lie.
(b) She was the one abusing him.
(c) He told her lies.
(d) He's afraid his mother will hurt him.
3. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
(a) The floor.
(b) A cot.
(c) The steps.
(d) A bed.
4. What did the boy desperately want from his parents?
5. Who tells the boy "It hasn't the guts to go?"
6. What did David discover when Big Larry and he returned home?
(a) That he was not allowed to have contact with his mother.
(b) That he was not allowed to ride his bike.
(c) That he was not allowed to be friends with Big Larry.
(d) That he was not allowed to talk to Lilian.
7. Who saw Big Larry and David ride past their house?
(a) One of David's brothers.
(c) Larry Junior.
(d) Ms. Gold.
8. How did David react when his visitor didn't show up to the Catanzes'?
(a) He was happy.
(b) He was relieved.
(c) He acted out.
(d) He was devasted.
9. What medical condition did Chris have?
(a) He was obese.
(b) He had cerebral palsy.
(c) He had diabetes,
(d) He had ADHD.
10. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
(a) The basement stairs.
(b) The couch.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The kitchen table.
11. How did David feel after his first visit with the psychiatrist?
12. David spends several days sitting in his room until Big Larry invites him to go somewhere. Where does he invite him to go?
13. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
(b) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
(c) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
(d) That he was happy and his lies worked.
14. Who tormented David and called him a wimp for not fighting his mother?
(a) Big Larry.
(b) Rudy Catanze.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Larry Junior.
15. After his tests at the hospital, David is taken to his first foster care home. Who was his first foster parent?
(a) Aunt Roerva.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Mr. Zeigler.
(d) Aunt Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David end up spilling his guts to about his abuse after Roerva's visit.
2. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
3. How long did David wait for his visitor to arrive at the Catanzes'?
4. Who was Ms. Gold?
5. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)