|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Coming Around.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who alerted authorities that David was being abused?
(a) His father.
(b) Mr. Zeigler.
(d) Ms. Gold.
2. Where did David have to sleep at The Turnboughs?
(a) He had to sleep on the couch.
(b) He had to sleep on a cot.
(c) He had to share a room with a girl.
(d) He had to sleep on the floor.
3. How does David describe the new neighborhood that he and his foster family move to in the "Coming Around" chapter?
(a) He calls it 'The Ghetto.'
(b) He calls it 'The Leave it to Beaver' neighborhood.
(c) He calls it 'The Cookie-cutter.'
(d) He calls it 'The Trailerpark.'
4. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
(a) David tells her it's okay. He wants to go home.
(b) David tells her that no one can prevent that anyway.
(c) David tells her to mind her own business.
(d) David tells her his mother is abusing his brothers.
5. When David gave his note to someone at the trail, how did this person react?
(a) They told David they were sorry.
(b) They broke down in tears.
(c) They tore it up.
(d) They put it in their pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
2. Who catches the boy stealing and calls the police?
3. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
4. Who becomes David's probation officer?
5. How does Lilian punish David when he breaks her rules?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)