|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Coming Around.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes David's probation officer?
(a) Carl Miguel.
(b) Gordon Hutcheson.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Stephen Pelzer.
2. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
(a) The floor.
(b) A cot.
(c) The steps.
(d) A bed.
3. During David's visit with his mother, Aunt Mary leaves the room to answer the telephone. What does Mother do when she is alone with David?
(a) She gives him hugs and kisses.
(b) She hits him and tells David he's been a bad boy.
(c) She grabs him by the arm and tells him he's caused the family enormous trouble.
(d) She grabs him by the arm and tells him she loves him.
4. What did Lilian bring with her on her visit to the Hill?
(a) She brought David new clothes.
(b) She brought David's brothers.
(c) She brought David's pet turtle.
(d) She brought David's bike.
5. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David is afraid of his classmates.
(b) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(c) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
(d) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the boy when he was first placed into foster care?
2. David is taken to a psychiatrist, what name does the psychiatrist insist on calling David?
3. How does David feel when he's moved to the new wing at the Hill?
4. Who was the superintendent of the Hill's C-Wing?
5. After the failed plan, what does David beg John to do?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)