|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Coming Around.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David realize when Carlos and he see his brother?
(a) That his brother is now the one being abused.
(b) That his brother hates him.
(c) That his brother is now in foster care.
(d) That his brother is living with their father.
2. What happened to David when he called a girl a 'horror'?
(a) Her brother beat him up after school.
(b) Nothing, The girl thought it was funny.
(c) The girl told the teacher, and David got detention.
(d) The girl told her parents, and David went to the Hill.
3. During David's visit with his mother, Aunt Mary leaves the room to answer the telephone. What does Mother do when she is alone with David?
(a) She grabs him by the arm and tells him he's caused the family enormous trouble.
(b) She hits him and tells David he's been a bad boy.
(c) She grabs him by the arm and tells him she loves him.
(d) She gives him hugs and kisses.
4. Before his court hearing, where does David want to be placed?
(a) With Ms. Gold.
(b) With his mother.
(c) In jail.
(d) With Aunt Mary.
5. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
(a) The Cantanzes'.
(b) The Turnboughs'.
(c) The Golds'.
(d) The Nulls'.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
2. At David's new foster home in the "Coming Around" chapter, the foster parents decided to move. What did David assume would happen when they moved?
3. What did the boy desperately want from his parents?
4. What did Johnny Jones dare David to do?
5. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)