|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Coming Around.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after David completes his Johnny Jones task?
(a) He gets caught by Johnny's father.
(c) Johnny pays him for his task.
(d) He fights Johnny.
2. After David left the Nulls', he was placed with Vera and Jody Jones. How far was their home from his mother's home?
(a) Their home was more than a mile from his mother's home.
(b) Their home was 25 miles from his mother's home.
(c) Their home was less than a mile from his mother's home.
(d) Their home 100 miles from his mother's home.
3. While at the Turnboughs, why does David only wash his clothes on Saturdays and Sundays?
(a) He knows the social workers won't come on those days.
(b) Those are the only days he's home.
(c) That's his scheduled time to wash his clothes.
(d) He doesn't like washing clothes, and is forced to do it then.
4. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(a) Spends all his money.
(b) Runs away.
(d) Beats up Johnny Jones.
5. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
(a) Take laxatives.
(b) Stand in the corner.
(c) Sit on the steps.
(d) Throw up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
2. David feels that the Turnbough residence will be his final foster home. What does David tear up while he's there?
3. Who does David end up spilling his guts to about his abuse after Roerva's visit.
4. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
5. David had mixed emotions about his abuse being reported. Who was he afraid would be angry when they found out?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)