|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adrift.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
(a) That he should be returned to live with his Father.
(b) That he should be returned to live with Ms. Gold.
(c) That he should be returned to his mother's home.
(d) That he should never return to his mother's home.
2. What room was the boy forced to sleep in?
(a) The basement.
(b) The porch.
(c) The garage.
(d) The kitchen.
3. Later in the evening, when David and Big Larry got into trouble, who did David try to call?
(a) Aunt Mary.
(b) His mother.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) His father.
4. What does David spend hours doing once he receives his new clothes?
(a) Cutting them up to design his own style.
(b) Throwing them on the floor.
(c) Rearranging them in his dresser.
(d) Hiding them from the other foster children.
5. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
(a) The attention he received in the courtroom.
(b) His mother's money.
(c) The hug with his mother.
(d) Ms. Gold's gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David makes his telephone call, he is too scared to dial the numbers. Who dialed the number for him?
2. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
3. How old was the boy when he was first placed into foster care?
4. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
5. How did David react when his visitor didn't show up to the Catanzes'?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)