|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adrift.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
(b) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(c) David is afraid of his classmates.
(d) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
2. What did David's mother say at the trial?
(a) She said she loved David.
(b) She said nothing.
(c) She said David was bad.
(d) She said she did abuse him.
3. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(c) His family.
(d) The other foster children.
4. When David gave his note to someone at the trail, how did this person react?
(a) They told David they were sorry.
(b) They put it in their pocket.
(c) They broke down in tears.
(d) They tore it up.
5. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
(a) A bed.
(b) The steps.
(c) The floor.
(d) A cot.
Short Answer Questions
1. During David's visit with his mother, Aunt Mary leaves the room to answer the telephone. What does Mother do when she is alone with David?
2. How did David feel after his first visit with the psychiatrist?
3. When David first arrives at Aunt Mary's, he is very hyperactive. What causes this sudden surge of energy?
4. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
5. What does Roevra bring David on her visit to the Catanzes'?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)