|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adrift.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David hurt by when Roevra visits him?
(a) Her gifts.
(b) Her hateful words.
(c) Her lack of acknowledgment towards him.
(d) Her hug.
2. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(b) David is afraid of his classmates.
(c) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
(d) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
3. How much money did Lillian Catanze receive to buy David clothes?
4. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
(a) His mother's money.
(b) The attention he received in the courtroom.
(c) Ms. Gold's gifts.
(d) The hug with his mother.
5. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
(a) The judge.
(b) His mother.
(c) Aunt Mary
(d) Ms. Gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did David wait for his visitor to arrive at the Catanzes'?
2. When Big Larry and David return home, who is angry with them?
3. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
4. Who tries to stand up for the boy when his parents are arguing?
5. David had mixed emotions about his abuse being reported. Who was he afraid would be angry when they found out?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)