|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adrift.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
(b) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
(c) David is afraid of his classmates.
(d) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
2. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
(a) The steps.
(b) A cot.
(c) A bed.
(d) The floor.
3. What did David's mother threaten to do if Lilian couldn't control David?
(a) Come and beat David.
(b) Have him moved to another home.
(c) Show Lilian how to punish David.
(d) Make David live with her,
4. What did David discover when Big Larry and he returned home?
(a) That he was not allowed to talk to Lilian.
(b) That he was not allowed to ride his bike.
(c) That he was not allowed to be friends with Big Larry.
(d) That he was not allowed to have contact with his mother.
5. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
(a) The judge.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Aunt Mary
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ms. Gold?
2. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
3. What room was the boy forced to sleep in?
4. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
5. Who catches the boy stealing and calls the police?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)