|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adrift.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
(a) The kitchen table.
(b) The couch.
(c) The front porch.
(d) The basement stairs.
2. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
(b) The other foster children.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Aunt Mary.
3. What does Roevra bring David on her visit to the Catanzes'?
(c) A bicycle.
4. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
(b) David is afraid of his classmates.
(c) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(d) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
5. What is "The Boy's" real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Lillian Catanze receive to buy David clothes?
2. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
3. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
4. What room was the boy forced to sleep in?
5. During David's visit with his mother, Aunt Mary leaves the room to answer the telephone. What does Mother do when she is alone with David?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)