|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
(a) That he should have gone back to his mother's home.
(b) That many abused children feel the same way.
(c) That he was bad.
(d) That he was alone.
2. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
(a) Larry Junior.
(b) Rudy Catanze.
(c) Lilian Catanze.
(d) Big Larry.
3. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
4. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
(a) Freedom from Ms. Gold.
(b) More new gifts.
(c) To write another note.
(d) Freedom from her control.
5. Who tells the boy "It hasn't the guts to go?"
Short Answer Questions
1. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
2. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
3. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
4. David and the other children at Aunt Mary's house like to steal what items from the grocery store?
5. After his tests at the hospital, David is taken to his first foster care home. Who was his first foster parent?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)