|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy steals this object while at the pizza bar:
(a) Salami and bread.
(b) A dime.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A quarter.
2. When David is taken to the hospital, who checks each room before he enters to make sure Mother isn't there?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) His father.
3. What does David spend hours doing once he receives his new clothes?
(a) Cutting them up to design his own style.
(b) Rearranging them in his dresser.
(c) Hiding them from the other foster children.
(d) Throwing them on the floor.
4. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That he was happy and his lies worked.
(b) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
(c) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
(d) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
5. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
(a) His classmates.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(c) His teachers.
(d) The other foster children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David learn will happen to his possessions if he lives them behind?
2. David says he used to like school, but he now hates it. Why does David hate school?
3. What did David's mother say at the trial?
4. Who did David ride to court with for his abuse trial?
5. Who came to pick the boy up from the police station?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)