|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
(a) His social worker.
(b) His Aunt.
(c) His foster parent.
(d) His mother.
2. Who alerted authorities that David was being abused?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(c) Mr. Zeigler.
(d) His father.
3. What does David spend hours doing once he receives his new clothes?
(a) Cutting them up to design his own style.
(b) Rearranging them in his dresser.
(c) Hiding them from the other foster children.
(d) Throwing them on the floor.
4. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
(a) The hug with his mother.
(b) The attention he received in the courtroom.
(c) Ms. Gold's gifts.
(d) His mother's money.
5. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
(a) He placed him in the state's custody.
(b) He placed him with his father.
(c) He placed him with Ms. Gold.
(d) He placed him back with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. David had mixed emotions about his abuse being reported. Who was he afraid would be angry when they found out?
2. Who was Ms. Gold?
3. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
4. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
5. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)