|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David learn will happen to his possessions if he lives them behind?
(a) They will be given to charity.
(b) They will be lost forever.
(c) They will be returned to him.
(d) They will be sold.
2. During David's visit with his mother, Aunt Mary leaves the room to answer the telephone. What does Mother do when she is alone with David?
(a) She grabs him by the arm and tells him she loves him.
(b) She hits him and tells David he's been a bad boy.
(c) She gives him hugs and kisses.
(d) She grabs him by the arm and tells him he's caused the family enormous trouble.
3. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
(a) She tells him to get in the car.
(b) She tells him to enjoy his freedom.
(c) She tells him this is a new beginning.
(d) She tells him to run-away.
4. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
(a) That he was angry.
(b) That he was sorry.
(c) That he was tired.
(d) That he was happy.
5. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
(a) Prescription pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
2. Who tells the boy "It hasn't the guts to go?"
3. When David gave his note to someone at the trail, how did this person react?
4. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
5. What item did David's Mother once force him to eat as punishment.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)