|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roevra bring David on her visit to the Catanzes'?
(a) A bicycle.
2. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
(a) More new gifts.
(b) Freedom from her control.
(c) Freedom from Ms. Gold.
(d) To write another note.
3. Who did David ride to court with for his abuse trial?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) His father.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) His mother.
4. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
(b) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(c) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
(d) David is afraid of his classmates.
5. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
(a) Ms. Gold's gifts.
(b) The attention he received in the courtroom.
(c) His mother's money.
(d) The hug with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't David want Ms. Gold to tell the court about his abuse?
2. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
3. What did the boy promise his father on the ride home from the police station?
4. What is "The Boy's" real name?
5. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)