|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his court hearing, where does David want to be placed?
(a) In jail.
(b) With Ms. Gold.
(c) With Aunt Mary.
(d) With his mother.
2. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
(a) More new gifts.
(b) Freedom from her control.
(c) Freedom from Ms. Gold.
(d) To write another note.
3. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That he was happy and his lies worked.
(b) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
(c) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
(d) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
4. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
(a) A bed.
(b) The floor.
(c) The steps.
(d) A cot.
5. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
(a) Stand in the corner.
(b) Sit on the steps.
(c) Throw up.
(d) Take laxatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie was told to the police officer by Father?
2. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
3. When David gave his note to someone at the trail, how did this person react?
4. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
5. What item did David's Mother once force him to eat as punishment.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)