|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roevra bring David on her visit to the Catanzes'?
(a) A bicycle.
2. When David is taken to the hospital, who checks each room before he enters to make sure Mother isn't there?
(a) His father.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nurse.
3. Who was Ms. Gold?
(a) David's social worker.
(b) David's mother.
(c) David's foster parent.
(d) David's aunt.
4. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
(a) That things would be the same.
(b) That they would go on vacation.
(c) That he could ride his bike.
(d) That things would be different.
5. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
(a) That he was bad.
(b) That he was alone.
(c) That many abused children feel the same way.
(d) That he should have gone back to his mother's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
2. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
3. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
4. What did the boy promise his father on the ride home from the police station?
5. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)