|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David's mother say at the trial?
(a) She said David was bad.
(b) She said she loved David.
(c) She said she did abuse him.
(d) She said nothing.
2. What did the boy desperately want from his parents?
3. During David's visit with his mother, Aunt Mary leaves the room to answer the telephone. What does Mother do when she is alone with David?
(a) She grabs him by the arm and tells him she loves him.
(b) She hits him and tells David he's been a bad boy.
(c) She gives him hugs and kisses.
(d) She grabs him by the arm and tells him he's caused the family enormous trouble.
4. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
(b) That he was happy and his lies worked.
(c) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
(d) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
5. David hugs his mother good-bye after his trial. How did David feel about the hug?
(a) He felt nothing.
(b) He felt like it was a mistake.
(c) He felt it was sincere.
(d) He felt it was fake.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
2. Who tries to stand up for the boy when his parents are arguing?
3. The boy steals this object while at the pizza bar:
4. After David leaves Aunt Mary's who were his first 'permanent' foster parents?
5. What lie was told to the police officer by Father?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)