|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
(a) His mother.
(b) His foster parent.
(c) His social worker.
(d) His Aunt.
2. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
(a) That many abused children feel the same way.
(b) That he was alone.
(c) That he should have gone back to his mother's home.
(d) That he was bad.
3. When David goes on a picnic with the Catanzes who did he meet?
(a) His family.
(b) Hundreds of other foster children who used to call the Catanzes home.
(c) His classmates.
(d) No one, David never went on a picnic with The Catanzes.
4. What does David learn will happen to his possessions if he lives them behind?
(a) They will be lost forever.
(b) They will be returned to him.
(c) They will be sold.
(d) They will be given to charity.
5. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
(a) David tells Ms. Gold that he made everything up.
(b) David tells Ms. Gold that his mother abuses him.
(c) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to ride his bike.
(d) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
2. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
3. At David's abuse trial, who did not appear in court?
4. Before his court hearing, where does David want to be placed?
5. During David's visit with his mother, Aunt Mary leaves the room to answer the telephone. What does Mother do when she is alone with David?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)