|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
(a) His social worker.
(b) His foster parent.
(c) His Aunt.
(d) His mother.
2. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
(a) She tells him this is a new beginning.
(b) She tells him to enjoy his freedom.
(c) She tells him to run-away.
(d) She tells him to get in the car.
3. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
(a) Sit on the steps.
(b) Take laxatives.
(c) Throw up.
(d) Stand in the corner.
4. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
(a) Aunt Mary's house.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) Ms. Gold's house.
(d) His father's house.
5. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
(a) David tells her his mother is abusing his brothers.
(b) David tells her that no one can prevent that anyway.
(c) David tells her it's okay. He wants to go home.
(d) David tells her to mind her own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
2. Who did David ride to court with for his abuse trial?
3. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
4. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
5. What lie was told to the police officer by Father?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)