|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
(a) A liar.
(b) A fool.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A hero.
2. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
(a) Freedom from Ms. Gold.
(b) Freedom from her control.
(c) More new gifts.
(d) To write another note.
3. On the way to his trial, David wonders what will happen to his...?
4. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
(a) She tells him to run-away.
(b) She tells him this is a new beginning.
(c) She tells him to enjoy his freedom.
(d) She tells him to get in the car.
5. What does David learn will happen to his possessions if he lives them behind?
(a) They will be lost forever.
(b) They will be sold.
(c) They will be returned to him.
(d) They will be given to charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did David's Mother once force him to eat as punishment.
2. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
3. At David's abuse trial, who did not appear in court?
4. David says he used to like school, but he now hates it. Why does David hate school?
5. Who tries to stand up for the boy when his parents are arguing?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)