|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
(a) The injuries required stitches and could not be covered.
(b) The injuries are not new and have already left scars.
(c) The injuries are new.
(d) The injuries aren't severe enough to cover.
2. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
(b) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
(c) That he was happy and his lies worked.
(d) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
3. When David is taken to the hospital, who checks each room before he enters to make sure Mother isn't there?
(a) His father.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A police officer.
4. When David first arrives at Aunt Mary's, he is very hyperactive. What causes this sudden surge of energy?
(a) He is always hyperactive.
(b) He is happy to finally be home.
(c) He had too much candy at the hospital.
(d) It is his first experience of freedom.
5. What did the boy desperately want from his parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
2. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
3. How much money did Lillian Catanze receive to buy David clothes?
4. Why doesn't David want Ms. Gold to tell the court about his abuse?
5. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)