|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) The judge.
(c) Aunt Mary
(d) His mother.
2. When David first arrives at Aunt Mary's, he is very hyperactive. What causes this sudden surge of energy?
(a) It is his first experience of freedom.
(b) He is always hyperactive.
(c) He is happy to finally be home.
(d) He had too much candy at the hospital.
3. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
(a) David tells Ms. Gold that he made everything up.
(b) David tells Ms. Gold that his mother abuses him.
(c) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to ride his bike.
(d) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to return home.
4. Who came to pick the boy up from the police station?
5. What did the boy desperately want from his parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. During David's visit with his mother, Aunt Mary leaves the room to answer the telephone. What does Mother do when she is alone with David?
2. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
3. Roevra visits David at his new foster home. Who is Roevra?
4. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
5. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)