|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David is afraid of his classmates.
(b) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
(c) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(d) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
2. David says he used to like school, but he now hates it. Why does David hate school?
(a) He doesn't like his homework.
(b) It takes away from his playtime.
(c) He doesn't like his teachers.
(d) They don't give him enough homework.
3. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
(a) She tells him this is a new beginning.
(b) She tells him to run-away.
(c) She tells him to enjoy his freedom.
(d) She tells him to get in the car.
4. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
(a) His classmates.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(c) The other foster children.
(d) His teachers.
5. After David leaves Aunt Mary's who were his first 'permanent' foster parents?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Roevra and Stephen Pelzer.
(c) Lilian and Rudy Catanze.
(d) Big Larry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
2. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
3. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
4. What room was the boy forced to sleep in?
5. When David gave his note to someone at the trail, how did this person react?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)