|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David spend hours doing once he receives his new clothes?
(a) Throwing them on the floor.
(b) Cutting them up to design his own style.
(c) Rearranging them in his dresser.
(d) Hiding them from the other foster children.
2. What is David hurt by when Roevra visits him?
(a) Her hug.
(b) Her lack of acknowledgment towards him.
(c) Her gifts.
(d) Her hateful words.
3. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
(a) The basement stairs.
(b) The front porch.
(c) The kitchen table.
(d) The couch.
4. What room was the boy forced to sleep in?
(a) The garage.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The porch.
(d) The basement.
5. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
(a) He placed him with Ms. Gold.
(b) He placed him with his father.
(c) He placed him back with his mother.
(d) He placed him in the state's custody.
Short Answer Questions
1. After David leaves Aunt Mary's who were his first 'permanent' foster parents?
2. Who tells the boy "It hasn't the guts to go?"
3. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
4. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
5. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)