|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David gave his note to someone at the trail, how did this person react?
(a) They put it in their pocket.
(b) They told David they were sorry.
(c) They broke down in tears.
(d) They tore it up.
2. What did the boy promise his father on the ride home from the police station?
(a) To run away.
(b) To play outside.
(c) To go to bed.
(d) To be a good boy.
3. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
(a) A cot.
(b) A bed.
(c) The floor.
(d) The steps.
4. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
(a) The other foster children.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(d) Aunt Mary.
5. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
(a) He placed him with Ms. Gold.
(b) He placed him in the state's custody.
(c) He placed him with his father.
(d) He placed him back with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tormented David and called him a wimp for not fighting his mother?
2. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
3. During David's visit with his mother, Aunt Mary leaves the room to answer the telephone. What does Mother do when she is alone with David?
4. What does Roevra bring David on her visit to the Catanzes'?
5. David says he used to like school, but he now hates it. Why does David hate school?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)