|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did David's Mother once force him to eat as punishment.
(c) Dog feces.
2. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
(a) Lilian Catanze.
(b) Big Larry.
(c) Larry Junior.
(d) Rudy Catanze.
3. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
(a) The other foster children.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(c) His teachers.
(d) His classmates.
4. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
(a) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to return home.
(b) David tells Ms. Gold that his mother abuses him.
(c) David tells Ms. Gold that he made everything up.
(d) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to ride his bike.
5. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
(a) Throw up.
(b) Take laxatives.
(c) Stand in the corner.
(d) Sit on the steps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the boy desperately want from his parents?
2. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
3. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
4. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
5. After David leaves Aunt Mary's who were his first 'permanent' foster parents?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)