|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
(a) Take laxatives.
(b) Throw up.
(c) Sit on the steps.
(d) Stand in the corner.
2. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
(a) Lilian Catanze.
(b) Rudy Catanze.
(c) Larry Junior.
(d) Big Larry.
3. David says he used to like school, but he now hates it. Why does David hate school?
(a) He doesn't like his teachers.
(b) It takes away from his playtime.
(c) They don't give him enough homework.
(d) He doesn't like his homework.
4. What does Roevra bring David on her visit to the Catanzes'?
(c) A bicycle.
5. What lie was told to the police officer by Father?
(a) The boy and his mother had an argument over cleaning the kitchen.
(b) The boy and his mother had an argument over riding a bicycle.
(c) The boy and his mother had an argument over what to eat for dinner.
(d) The boy and his mother had an argument over the televison commercials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the boy promise his father on the ride home from the police station?
2. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
3. Who came to pick the boy up from the police station?
4. Before his court hearing, where does David want to be placed?
5. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)