|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trial.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During David's visit with his mother, Aunt Mary leaves the room to answer the telephone. What does Mother do when she is alone with David?
(a) She gives him hugs and kisses.
(b) She grabs him by the arm and tells him she loves him.
(c) She hits him and tells David he's been a bad boy.
(d) She grabs him by the arm and tells him he's caused the family enormous trouble.
2. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David is afraid of his classmates.
(b) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
(c) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(d) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
3. After his tests at the hospital, David is taken to his first foster care home. Who was his first foster parent?
(a) Aunt Roerva.
(b) Mr. Zeigler.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Aunt Mary.
4. In David's life, who has always been in control of everything?
(a) His Aunt Mary.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. David had mixed emotions about his abuse being reported. Who was he afraid would be angry when they found out?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His teachers.
(d) His brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before his court hearing, where does David want to be placed?
2. What did the boy promise his father on the ride home from the police station?
3. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
4. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
5. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)