|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trial.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
(a) The pizza bar.
(b) The church.
(c) The supermarket.
(d) The Russian River.
2. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
(a) The injuries aren't severe enough to cover.
(b) The injuries are not new and have already left scars.
(c) The injuries required stitches and could not be covered.
(d) The injuries are new.
3. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
(a) She tells him this is a new beginning.
(b) She tells him to enjoy his freedom.
(c) She tells him to run-away.
(d) She tells him to get in the car.
4. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
(a) That he was bad.
(b) That he should have gone back to his mother's home.
(c) That he was alone.
(d) That many abused children feel the same way.
5. Who catches the boy stealing and calls the police?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ms. Gold?
2. David hugs his mother good-bye after his trial. How did David feel about the hug?
3. At David's abuse trial, who did not appear in court?
4. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
5. How old was the boy when he was first placed into foster care?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)