|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trial.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
(b) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(c) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
(d) David is afraid of his classmates.
2. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
(b) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
(c) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
(d) That he was happy and his lies worked.
3. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
(a) He placed him with his father.
(b) He placed him back with his mother.
(c) He placed him in the state's custody.
(d) He placed him with Ms. Gold.
4. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
(a) David tells her it's okay. He wants to go home.
(b) David tells her his mother is abusing his brothers.
(c) David tells her that no one can prevent that anyway.
(d) David tells her to mind her own business.
5. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
(a) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to ride his bike.
(b) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to return home.
(c) David tells Ms. Gold that his mother abuses him.
(d) David tells Ms. Gold that he made everything up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
2. Who came to pick the boy up from the police station?
3. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
4. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
5. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)