|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trial.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
(a) That he was tired.
(b) That he was happy.
(c) That he was angry.
(d) That he was sorry.
2. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
(a) That he was alone.
(b) That he should have gone back to his mother's home.
(c) That many abused children feel the same way.
(d) That he was bad.
3. What did the boy promise his father on the ride home from the police station?
(a) To go to bed.
(b) To be a good boy.
(c) To play outside.
(d) To run away.
4. David had mixed emotions about his abuse being reported. Who was he afraid would be angry when they found out?
(a) His brothers.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His teachers.
5. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
(a) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to ride his bike.
(b) David tells Ms. Gold that he wants to return home.
(c) David tells Ms. Gold that he made everything up.
(d) David tells Ms. Gold that his mother abuses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
2. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
3. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
4. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
5. Who did David ride to court with for his abuse trial?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)