|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trial.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
(a) The injuries aren't severe enough to cover.
(b) The injuries are not new and have already left scars.
(c) The injuries are new.
(d) The injuries required stitches and could not be covered.
2. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
(a) Ms. Gold's gifts.
(b) The attention he received in the courtroom.
(c) The hug with his mother.
(d) His mother's money.
3. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
(a) A liar.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A fool.
(d) A hero.
4. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
(a) That things would be different.
(b) That things would be the same.
(c) That they would go on vacation.
(d) That he could ride his bike.
5. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
(a) A cot.
(b) A bed.
(c) The steps.
(d) The floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was David's response when the judge asked him where he would like to live?
2. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
3. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
4. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
5. In David's life, who has always been in control of everything?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)