|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trial.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
(a) David tells her to mind her own business.
(b) David tells her it's okay. He wants to go home.
(c) David tells her that no one can prevent that anyway.
(d) David tells her his mother is abusing his brothers.
2. David hugs his mother good-bye after his trial. How did David feel about the hug?
(a) He felt it was fake.
(b) He felt nothing.
(c) He felt it was sincere.
(d) He felt like it was a mistake.
3. Who alerted authorities that David was being abused?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Mr. Zeigler.
(d) His father.
4. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
(a) That he should never return to his mother's home.
(b) That he should be returned to live with Ms. Gold.
(c) That he should be returned to his mother's home.
(d) That he should be returned to live with his Father.
5. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
(a) She tells him this is a new beginning.
(b) She tells him to get in the car.
(c) She tells him to enjoy his freedom.
(d) She tells him to run-away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
2. What was David's response when the judge asked him where he would like to live?
3. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
4. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
5. Who came to pick the boy up from the police station?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)