|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trial.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
(a) That he should be returned to his mother's home.
(b) That he should be returned to live with his Father.
(c) That he should be returned to live with Ms. Gold.
(d) That he should never return to his mother's home.
2. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(b) David is afraid of his classmates.
(c) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
(d) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
3. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
(a) The judge.
(b) His mother.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Aunt Mary
4. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
(a) That he was angry.
(b) That he was sorry.
(c) That he was happy.
(d) That he was tired.
5. The boy steals this object while at the pizza bar:
(a) Salami and bread.
(b) A dime.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A dollar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie was told to the police officer by Father?
2. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
3. Why doesn't David want Ms. Gold to tell the court about his abuse?
4. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
5. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)