|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trial.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
(a) That he should be returned to live with his Father.
(b) That he should be returned to live with Ms. Gold.
(c) That he should never return to his mother's home.
(d) That he should be returned to his mother's home.
2. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
(b) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
(c) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
(d) That he was happy and his lies worked.
3. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
(a) That he was angry.
(b) That he was sorry.
(c) That he was happy.
(d) That he was tired.
4. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
(a) That many abused children feel the same way.
(b) That he was alone.
(c) That he was bad.
(d) That he should have gone back to his mother's home.
5. When David is taken to the hospital, who checks each room before he enters to make sure Mother isn't there?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A nurse.
(c) His father.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
2. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
3. On the way to his trial, David wonders what will happen to his...?
4. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
5. Who catches the boy stealing and calls the police?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)