|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Trial.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David is afraid of his classmates.
(b) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(c) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
(d) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
2. What did the boy desperately want from his parents?
3. Who was Ms. Gold?
(a) David's mother.
(b) David's foster parent.
(c) David's aunt.
(d) David's social worker.
4. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
(a) That he should be returned to his mother's home.
(b) That he should be returned to live with Ms. Gold.
(c) That he should never return to his mother's home.
(d) That he should be returned to live with his Father.
5. What did David's mother say at the trial?
(a) She said nothing.
(b) She said she did abuse him.
(c) She said she loved David.
(d) She said David was bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
2. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
3. David hugs his mother good-bye after his trial. How did David feel about the hug?
4. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
5. In David's life, who has always been in control of everything?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)