|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through An Angel Named Ms. Gold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(b) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
(c) David is afraid of his classmates.
(d) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
2. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
(a) The Russian River.
(b) The church.
(c) The pizza bar.
(d) The supermarket.
3. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
(a) A bed.
(b) A cot.
(c) The steps.
(d) The floor.
4. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
(b) The other foster children.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) Ms. Gold.
5. Who tells the boy "It hasn't the guts to go?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't David want Ms. Gold to tell the court about his abuse?
2. The boy steals this object while at the pizza bar:
3. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
4. What is "The Boy's" real name?
5. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)