|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Break Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
(a) Prescription pills.
2. Who did David stick-up for at the Catanzes'?
(a) Larry Junior.
(b) Big Larry.
3. How did David's mother react at the trial?
(a) She was happy to have him out of her life.
(b) She gave him up without a fight.
(c) She was arrested and thrown in jail.
(d) She denied everything and blamed it all on David.
4. What did David's mother stand up and shout during the hearing?
(a) She shouted that the court was wrong and that David was evil.
(b) She shouted that she was sorry.
(c) She shouted that she was happy for David's punishment.
(d) She shouted that she loved David.
5. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
(a) To burn down Mr. Smith's classroom.
(b) To beat up a teacher.
(c) To play a prank on a classmate.
(d) To run away together.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to stay friends, what task does John ask David to complete?
2. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
3. After his tests at the hospital, David is taken to his first foster care home. Who was his first foster parent?
4. When David is 17, he becomes bored with school. He knows he will be leaving the foster care system soon and has a more important interest. What interest is more important to him than school?
5. Why was the Jones' foster care home closed down?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)