|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Break Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes David's probation officer?
(a) Stephen Pelzer.
(b) Carl Miguel.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Gordon Hutcheson.
2. When David gave his note to someone at the trail, how did this person react?
(a) They broke down in tears.
(b) They put it in their pocket.
(c) They tore it up.
(d) They told David they were sorry.
3. David had mixed emotions about his abuse being reported. Who was he afraid would be angry when they found out?
(a) His mother.
(b) His teachers.
(c) His father.
(d) His brothers.
4. Why is David relieved when Mr. Zeigler tells him he's going to tell the class about his abuse?
(a) David wants everyone to know his mother is mean.
(b) David is a bully and feels sorry for his actions.
(c) David is afraid of his classmates.
(d) David is ashamed of what they think of him because he had been dirty, ragged, and hungry.
5. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
(a) Mr. Zeigler.
(b) Aunt Mary .
(c) Ms. Gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David realize when Carlos and he see his brother?
2. When David makes his telephone call, he is too scared to dial the numbers. Who dialed the number for him?
3. What does David spend hours doing once he receives his new clothes?
4. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
5. How did David really feel about the plan he was bragging about to his classmates?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)