|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Break Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Saturdays, what in special event did David and Alice partake?
(a) They went to dances.
(b) They went to the movies.
(c) They played games.
(d) They went to music concerts.
2. When David is 15, he feels that the countdown to his 18th birthday has begun. He knows when he is 18 he will have to leave the foster care system. What step does David take to prepare for this event?
(a) David begins begging for an allowance.
(b) David does nothing to prepare for this event.
(c) David begins stealing.
(d) David begins working.
3. What arrangements did Gordan have to make for David because he couldn't find a foster home for him?
(a) David had to stay with Gordan.
(b) David had to stay at the Hill.
(c) David had to stay with his mother.
(d) David had to stay at the Cantanzes'.
4. In order to stay friends, what task does John ask David to complete?
(a) He asks him to let the air out of the teachers tires.
(b) He asks him to run away.
(c) He asks him to bust out the windows of a car.
(d) He asks him to start a fight.
5. When David is a sophomore in high school, what program does his school place him in?
(a) A slow learner program.
(b) An advanced learning program.
(c) A vocational program.
(d) A work-school program.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the boy when he was first placed into foster care?
2. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
3. David's father says he can forgive David for causing the family problems, but what can't he forgive him for?
4. What did David's mother threaten to do if Lilian couldn't control David?
5. Who was supposed to visit David at the Catanzes', but never showed up?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)