|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Break Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
(a) The injuries aren't severe enough to cover.
(b) The injuries are not new and have already left scars.
(c) The injuries are new.
(d) The injuries required stitches and could not be covered.
2. How does David feel when he's moved to the new wing at the Hill?
(a) He feels afraid.
(b) He feels safe.
(c) He feels threaten.
(d) He feels sad.
3. David's father says he can forgive David for causing the family problems, but what can't he forgive him for?
(a) He can't forgive him for running away.
(b) He can't forgive him for his divorce.
(c) He can't forgive him for 'starting a fire.'
(d) He can't forgive him for going to the Hill.
4. After his tests at the hospital, David is taken to his first foster care home. Who was his first foster parent?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Aunt Roerva.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) Mr. Zeigler.
5. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
(a) The pizza bar.
(b) The church.
(c) The supermarket.
(d) The Russian River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David's mother threaten to do if Lilian couldn't control David?
2. What was the occupation of David's Father?
3. When David is taken to the hospital, who checks each room before he enters to make sure Mother isn't there?
4. David is sent to live with Harold and Alice Turnbough. What aren't The Turnboughs licensed for?
5. What did Uncle Lee say destroyed Stephen?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)