|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Break Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was supposed to visit David at the Catanzes', but never showed up?
(a) His mother.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Big Larry.
(d) His father.
2. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
(a) That he was bad.
(b) That he should have gone back to his mother's home.
(c) That many abused children feel the same way.
(d) That he was alone.
3. What did David's mother say at the trial?
(a) She said David was bad.
(b) She said she loved David.
(c) She said nothing.
(d) She said she did abuse him.
4. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
(a) To write another note.
(b) More new gifts.
(c) Freedom from her control.
(d) Freedom from Ms. Gold.
5. Who was David's second visitor at The Hill?
(a) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
2. What did Johnny Jones dare David to do?
3. What did Lilian tell David about his turtle on the ride home to The Cantanzes' house?
4. Later in the evening, when David and Big Larry got into trouble, who did David try to call?
5. What was the occupation of David's Father?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)