|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the boy "It hasn't the guts to go?"
2. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
(a) David tells her that no one can prevent that anyway.
(b) David tells her it's okay. He wants to go home.
(c) David tells her his mother is abusing his brothers.
(d) David tells her to mind her own business.
3. In David's life, who has always been in control of everything?
(a) His mother.
(c) His Aunt Mary.
(d) His father.
4. Why doesn't David want Ms. Gold to tell the court about his abuse?
(a) He told her lies.
(b) He's afraid his mother will hurt him.
(c) She was the one abusing him.
(d) She told him she was going to lie.
5. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
(a) A cot.
(b) The floor.
(c) A bed.
(d) The steps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David hurt by when Roevra visits him?
2. When David gave his note to someone at the trail, how did this person react?
3. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
4. Who was Ms. Gold?
5. Who does David end up spilling his guts to about his abuse after Roerva's visit.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)