|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
(a) His mother.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) The judge.
(d) Aunt Mary
2. Who alerted authorities that David was being abused?
(a) Mr. Zeigler.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) His father.
3. What was David's response when the judge asked him where he would like to live?
(a) David says he wants to live with the judge.
(b) David says he wants to live with his mother.
(c) David says he wants to live with his father.
(d) David says he wants to live with Ms. Gold.
4. What room was the boy forced to sleep in?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The garage.
(c) The porch.
(d) The basement.
5. What is David hurt by when Roevra visits him?
(a) Her gifts.
(b) Her lack of acknowledgment towards him.
(c) Her hateful words.
(d) Her hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did David's mother react at the trial?
2. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
3. What did David's mother say at the trial?
4. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
5. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)