|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
(a) That he should be returned to his mother's home.
(b) That he should be returned to live with Ms. Gold.
(c) That he should be returned to live with his Father.
(d) That he should never return to his mother's home.
2. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
(a) More new gifts.
(b) To write another note.
(c) Freedom from Ms. Gold.
(d) Freedom from her control.
3. Where did David fear he would be returning to after his abuse trial?
(a) Ms. Gold's house.
(b) Aunt Mary's house.
(c) His father's house.
(d) His mother's house.
4. Who catches the boy stealing and calls the police?
5. When David recanted his statements about his abuse, he felt alone. What did he later find out?
(a) That many abused children feel the same way.
(b) That he was alone.
(c) That he was bad.
(d) That he should have gone back to his mother's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his tests at the hospital, David is taken to his first foster care home. Who was his first foster parent?
2. What does his mother make the boy do in order to prove he didn't steal any food?
3. What does David tell Ms. Gold after his mother's visit to Aunt Mary's?
4. What is "The Boy's" real name?
5. David and the other children at Aunt Mary's house like to steal what items from the grocery store?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)