|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his court hearing, where does David want to be placed?
(a) With Aunt Mary.
(b) With his mother.
(c) In jail.
(d) With Ms. Gold.
2. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(c) The other foster children.
(d) His family.
3. Who tries to stand up for the boy when his parents are arguing?
4. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
(a) David tells her that no one can prevent that anyway.
(b) David tells her his mother is abusing his brothers.
(c) David tells her to mind her own business.
(d) David tells her it's okay. He wants to go home.
5. David hugs his mother good-bye after his trial. How did David feel about the hug?
(a) He felt like it was a mistake.
(b) He felt it was fake.
(c) He felt it was sincere.
(d) He felt nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
2. Who does David end up spilling his guts to about his abuse after Roerva's visit.
3. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
4. What room was the boy forced to sleep in?
5. What was a normal part of the evening routine at the Pelzer household?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)