|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the boy end up when he leaves the Pelzer household?
(a) The pizza bar.
(b) The church.
(c) The Russian River.
(d) The supermarket.
2. Ms. Gold tells David that if he doesn't tell the truth, he will have to go back and live with his mother. What somber response does David give her?
(a) David tells her it's okay. He wants to go home.
(b) David tells her that no one can prevent that anyway.
(c) David tells her to mind her own business.
(d) David tells her his mother is abusing his brothers.
3. How much money did Lillian Catanze receive to buy David clothes?
4. On the way to his trial, David wonders what will happen to his...?
5. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
(a) Ms. Gold's gifts.
(b) The hug with his mother.
(c) The attention he received in the courtroom.
(d) His mother's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
2. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
3. How did David's mother react at the trial?
4. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
5. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)