|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person at the bar gives the boy these two items:
(a) His name and address.
(b) A quarter and a soda.
(c) A soda and a pizza.
(d) French bread and salami.
2. When David is at the hospital, the doctor puts cream on David's arms and tells him it's "too late to cover them." Why would the doctor tell David that?
(a) The injuries are new.
(b) The injuries are not new and have already left scars.
(c) The injuries aren't severe enough to cover.
(d) The injuries required stitches and could not be covered.
3. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
(a) The basement stairs.
(b) The kitchen table.
(c) The couch.
(d) The front porch.
4. Who does David end up spilling his guts to about his abuse after Roerva's visit.
(b) Big Larry.
5. When David gave his note to someone at the trail, how did this person react?
(a) They broke down in tears.
(b) They tore it up.
(c) They told David they were sorry.
(d) They put it in their pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
2. After his tests at the hospital, David is taken to his first foster care home. Who was his first foster parent?
3. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
4. Who alerted authorities that David was being abused?
5. What is David hurt by when Roevra visits him?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)