|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David and the other children at Aunt Mary's house like to steal what items from the grocery store?
(a) Candy bars.
2. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
(a) The steps.
(b) A bed.
(c) A cot.
(d) The floor.
3. David says he used to like school, but he now hates it. Why does David hate school?
(a) It takes away from his playtime.
(b) He doesn't like his teachers.
(c) They don't give him enough homework.
(d) He doesn't like his homework.
4. David hugs his mother good-bye after his trial. How did David feel about the hug?
(a) He felt it was sincere.
(b) He felt it was fake.
(c) He felt like it was a mistake.
(d) He felt nothing.
5. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
(a) She is his foster parent.
(b) She is mean to him.
(c) She is his mother.
(d) She is kind to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision did the judge come to regarding David's custody arrangements?
2. Who did David ride to court with for his abuse trial?
3. David wonders if he should have fought his Mother. Whose advice does David seek as he ponders this question?
4. The boy steals this object while at the pizza bar:
5. Who was Ms. Gold?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)