|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ms. Gold recommend to the judge at David's abuse trial?
(a) That he should never return to his mother's home.
(b) That he should be returned to live with Ms. Gold.
(c) That he should be returned to his mother's home.
(d) That he should be returned to live with his Father.
2. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
(a) A hero.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A liar.
(d) A fool.
3. Where did the boy often have to sit for hours?
(a) The kitchen table.
(b) The front porch.
(c) The basement stairs.
(d) The couch.
4. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
(a) The other foster children.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) Ms. Gold.
5. In foster care, who is David not allowed to have contact with?
(a) His family.
(b) Aunt Mary.
(c) The other foster children.
(d) Ms. Gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became David's best friend during his time at Aunt Mary's house?
2. When David left the courtroom, his mother loaded him down with toys and clothes. He enjoyed these gifts, but cherished something else more. What was it?
3. After the boy runs away from the Pelzer household, what did he hope?
4. What did the boy promise his father on the ride home from the police station?
5. What room was the boy forced to sleep in?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)