|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through New Beginnings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the boy promise his father on the ride home from the police station?
(a) To play outside.
(b) To be a good boy.
(c) To go to bed.
(d) To run away.
2. David is used to stealing food, who does he begin to steal food from while at Aunt Mary's?
(a) His classmates.
(b) The other foster children.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) His teachers.
3. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
(a) Freedom from Ms. Gold.
(b) Freedom from her control.
(c) More new gifts.
(d) To write another note.
4. Why does David feel that Ms. Gold is his angel?
(a) She is kind to him.
(b) She is mean to him.
(c) She is his foster parent.
(d) She is his mother.
5. What did David feel like towards his family as he rode to his trial?
(a) A hero.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A liar.
(d) A fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the story begins, what was the boy forced to sleep on?
2. What is "The Boy's" real name?
3. What does David have trouble making at Aunt Mary's house?
4. Before David goes to court, his mother comes to his foster home to visit. David regresses back to "The Boy," and is amazed because someone stands up to Mother when she says he is a bad boy. Who stands up for him?
5. What lie was told to the police officer by Father?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)