|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Coming Around.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David is 15, he feels that the countdown to his 18th birthday has begun. He knows when he is 18 he will have to leave the foster care system. What step does David take to prepare for this event?
(a) David begins working.
(b) David begins begging for an allowance.
(c) David begins stealing.
(d) David does nothing to prepare for this event.
2. What did David and Harold begin to argue over in the "Coming Around" chapter?
(a) The couch.
(b) The way David completed his chores.
(c) The reading lamp.
(d) The car.
3. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
(a) More new gifts.
(b) Freedom from her control.
(c) Freedom from Ms. Gold.
(d) To write another note.
4. What did Johnny Jones dare David to do?
(a) Steal a pen from their teacher.
(b) Steal a magazine from the book store.
(c) Steal an airplane from Walgreen's.
(d) Steal a beer from the grocery store.
5. Who did David ride to court with for his abuse trial?
(a) His mother.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Aunt Mary.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the Turnboughs, why does David only wash his clothes on Saturdays and Sundays?
2. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
3. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
4. What actions cause David to gain acceptance from his peers?
5. When David gave his note to someone at the trail, how did this person react?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)