|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Coming Around.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David describe the new neighborhood that he and his foster family move to in the "Coming Around" chapter?
(a) He calls it 'The Ghetto.'
(b) He calls it 'The Cookie-cutter.'
(c) He calls it 'The Trailerpark.'
(d) He calls it 'The Leave it to Beaver' neighborhood.
2. When David is 15, he feels that the countdown to his 18th birthday has begun. He knows when he is 18 he will have to leave the foster care system. What step does David take to prepare for this event?
(a) David does nothing to prepare for this event.
(b) David begins begging for an allowance.
(c) David begins working.
(d) David begins stealing.
3. After David leaves the Turnbough house, who does he move in with?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The Jones.
(c) The Cantanzes.
(d) The Walshes.
4. In order to stay friends, what task does John ask David to complete?
(a) He asks him to let the air out of the teachers tires.
(b) He asks him to bust out the windows of a car.
(c) He asks him to start a fight.
(d) He asks him to run away.
5. Where did Rudy threaten to take David if he didn't change his attitude?
(a) The Hill.
(b) The Hall.
(c) The Garage.
(d) The Big House.
Short Answer Questions
1. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
2. What did David and Harold begin to argue over in the "Coming Around" chapter?
3. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
4. On Saturdays, what in special event did David and Alice partake?
5. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)