|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Coming Around.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did David's mother react at the trial?
(a) She was happy to have him out of her life.
(b) She denied everything and blamed it all on David.
(c) She was arrested and thrown in jail.
(d) She gave him up without a fight.
2. What did David continue to believe despite what everyone told him?
(a) That he was happy and his lies worked.
(b) That he was bad and deserved punishment.
(c) That Ms. Gold didn't care about him.
(d) That he was good and deserved more gifts.
3. Who moves into the Turnbough house that David does not like?
4. After the trial, David is torn. He cannot decide what he wants more, his mother's love or ...?
(a) Freedom from her control.
(b) Freedom from Ms. Gold.
(c) More new gifts.
(d) To write another note.
5. In order to stay friends, what task does John ask David to complete?
(a) He asks him to bust out the windows of a car.
(b) He asks him to start a fight.
(c) He asks him to let the air out of the teachers tires.
(d) He asks him to run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David is 15, he feels that the countdown to his 18th birthday has begun. He knows when he is 18 he will have to leave the foster care system. What step does David take to prepare for this event?
2. What was David's response when the judge asked him where he would like to live?
3. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
4. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
5. At his trial David wrote a note. To whom did he give the note?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)