|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Coming Around.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the note David wrote during the trial say?
(a) That he was tired.
(b) That he was happy.
(c) That he was sorry.
(d) That he was angry.
2. What actions cause David to gain acceptance from his peers?
3. After the trial, David's mother warns him to be 'a good boy! A better boy!' and to have a 'happy life'. What other piece of advice does she give him?
(a) She tells him to get in the car.
(b) She tells him to run-away.
(c) She tells him to enjoy his freedom.
(d) She tells him this is a new beginning.
4. Why does David want to keep his friendship with John?
(a) He is scared of John.
(b) He feels sorry for John.
(c) John is his only friend.
(d) John threatened him.
5. At David's new foster home in the "Coming Around" chapter, the foster parents decided to move. What did David assume would happen when they moved?
(a) He would move to his mother's.
(b) He assumed nothing, because the family didn't move.
(c) He would move with them.
(d) He would be placed in a new foster home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David begin to turn off because of all the drama that's been in his life?
2. Summer is over and David returns to school. Who 'befriends' David?
3. David feels that the Turnbough residence will be his final foster home. What does David tear up while he's there?
4. In order to stay friends, what task does John ask David to complete?
5. When David is 15, he feels that the countdown to his 18th birthday has begun. He knows when he is 18 he will have to leave the foster care system. What step does David take to prepare for this event?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)