|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eileen use to kill herself?
(b) A gun
(c) A knife
(d) A spoon
2. What is the name of the bar Marlowe visits in this section?
3. What does Dr. Loring slap Roger with?
(a) His glove
(b) His hand
(c) A chain
(d) His sock
4. What does Marlowe tell Menendez?
(a) He will soon be dead
(b) Lennox did not have a military record
(c) He is treading a thin line
(d) Get out of the country
5. Where does Roger pass out?
(a) In his car
(b) In the hall
(c) In his bedroom
(d) On the lawn
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Roger fire his shot?
2. What kind of weapon does Candy prove that he is skilled with?
3. What does Marlowe think Roger needs?
4. What does Marlowe find on the wastepaper basket?
5. What does George Peters say he will do for 300 bucks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marlowe think Eileen and Roger are wresting over a gun in the sixth section?
2. How does Ohls think Roger was killed?
3. How does Marlowe react to Eileen's story?
4. What does Mendez tell Marlowe in Section 8?
5. What does Marlowe say about private investigators in Section 5?
6. Why does Eileen think Marlowe could help Roger?
7. Why is Marlowe concerned about Eileen's reaction to her husband's injury?
8. What does Spencer think about the case in Section 8?
9. Who does Eileen say she was in love with when she was younger?
10. What happens to Roger a week after the cocktail party?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)