|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Linda related to Sylvia?
(a) Her sister-in-law
(b) Her half-sister
(c) Her sister
(d) Her stepmother
2. What does Marlowe think Roger needs?
(a) A mistress
(b) A doctor
(c) A good rest
(d) Time in the countryside
3. What does Chick say Magoon is?
(a) A hollow souled son of a gun
(b) Vice squad bimbo
(c) A pimp
(d) A rat informer
4. What does Roger ask Marlowe?
(a) Ever smoke Marlboro?
(b) Ever gone to South Africa?
(c) Ever look a man in the eye and asked to sleep with his wife?
(d) Ever kill a man?
5. What does Marlowe hear as he reads Roger's work?
(a) A crash
(b) A scream
(c) A gunshot
(d) A slap
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marlowe say he knows Ohls from?
2. What does Eileen make for Roger?
3. Who does Eileen claim killed Sylvia?
4. What did Eileen use to kill herself?
5. What does Harlan Potter threaten to revoke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marlowe think Eileen and Roger are wresting over a gun in the sixth section?
2. How does Marlowe prove Candy to be a liar in Section 7?
3. What does Eileen say about her relationship with Roger in the fifth section?
4. How do the police respond to Marlowe's statement?
5. How does Marlowe react to Eileen's story?
6. What dilemma does Eileen pose for Marlowe in section six?
7. What does Mendez tell Marlowe in Section 8?
8. What does Marlowe learn from the police in Section 7?
9. How does Marlowe react to Roger's death?
10. What do Marlowe and Eileen say to each other before Marlowe leaves the house?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)