|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Roger not deny he was having an affair with?
(c) Linda Loring
2. Who does Eileen call to the house?
(a) Randy Starr
(b) Dr. Loring
3. What does Marlowe have to do for Roger to earn $1000?
(a) Kiss his feet
(b) Sleep with him
(c) Live with him for three months
(d) Ghost write a book
4. Who is the Jewish man searching for?
(a) His mother
(b) His son
(c) His brother
(d) His wife
5. Who does Roger say died for him?
(c) His father
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Loring slap Roger with?
2. Why does Candy demand Marlowe give him money?
3. What does the coroner rule Eileen's death as?
4. Where does Captain Hernandez suggest Marlowe was on the night of Roger's fake suicide?
5. What does Eileen ask Marlowe to do for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marlowe say about private investigators in Section 5?
2. How does Marlowe react to Eileen's story?
3. How does Marlowe prove Candy to be a liar in Section 7?
4. Why does Candy try and blackmail Marlowe in Section 6?
5. What does Marlowe learn from the police in Section 7?
6. How does Ohls think Roger was killed?
7. Why does Marlowe think Eileen is lying about the insignia?
8. How do the police respond to Marlowe's statement?
9. What happens to Roger a week after the cocktail party?
10. Why does Eileen think Marlowe could help Roger?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)