|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chick Agostino have with him?
(a) A guitar
(b) A blond
(c) A gun
(d) A knife
2. What kind of doctor is Vukanich?
(a) A leg and arm doctor
(b) An ear, nose and throat doctor
(c) A psychiartrist
(d) A practictioner
3. Why is Roger's wife scared of him?
(a) He took a shot at her
(b) He killed a man
(c) He threatened to kill his wife
(d) He pushed her down the stairs
4. What kind of files does Marlowe ask for?
(b) Beggar boys
(c) Souls for rent
(d) Barred window boys
5. Where does Marlowe say Terry found Sylvia dead?
(a) The conservatory
(b) The garden
(c) The guesthouse
(d) The riverbank
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marlowe not drink himself to sleep?
2. Where did Menendez make his money during the war?
3. What could Marlowe lose if Terry told him everything?
4. What do the police want details of?
5. What doctor does Marlowe decide he likes the sound of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Menendez know Terry?
2. What does Eileen give Marlowe to help him find Roger?
3. Why does Terry think his wife is scared?
4. Describe between Marlowe and the police in Chapter 6.
5. Why does Eileen want to hire Marlowe?
6. How does Eileen respond to Marlowe kissing her?
7. Describe the confrontation between Marlowe and Menendez in the third section.
8. What questions does Marlowe ask Terry when they begin to see more of each other?
9. What does Marlowe learn about Terry and Sylvia in this section?
10. Why does Marlowe think that jail is not too bad?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)