|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Verringer demand from Roger?
(a) His gun
(b) His property
2. Where does Marlowe punch Menendez?
(a) The chest
(b) The groin
(c) The face
(d) The stomach
3. When does Marlowe say he will accept payment?
(a) When Roger is dead
(b) When he needs it
(c) At the end of the month
(d) When Roger is found
4. Where were Terry and Menendez when a missile landed next to them?
(a) A cafe
(b) A fox hole
(c) A rabbit hole
(d) An abandoned house
5. What does Marlowe say does not belong with a banana split?
(b) Egg plant
(c) A pearl onion
(d) Potato salad
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe say Terry wants to remain as?
2. When does Marlowe see Lennox again?
3. Why does Marlowe not drink himself to sleep?
4. What does Terry say his wife is scared for?
5. What does Marlowe say he has not had for three days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eileen give Marlowe to help him find Roger?
2. How does Menendez know Terry?
3. Why does Marlowe have trouble sleeping in the third section?
4. Describe the confrontation between Marlowe and Menendez in the third section.
5. How does Eileen respond to Marlowe kissing her?
6. What questions does Marlowe ask Terry when they begin to see more of each other?
7. What does Marlowe learn about Terry and Sylvia in this section?
8. What does Spencer hire Marlowe to do?
9. How does Marlowe help Terry at the end of the section?
10. What new information does Eileen give Marlowe in this section?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)