|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Terry leave by his body?
(a) A picture of the killer
(b) A photograph of Marlowe
(c) A rose
(d) A signed confession
2. When did Menendez meet Terry?
(a) At a New Year's party
(b) At a family reunon
(c) During the war
(d) At his wedding
3. Where does Marlowe punch Menendez?
(a) The stomach
(b) The groin
(c) The chest
(d) The face
4. What doctor does Marlowe decide he likes the sound of?
5. Where did Ashterfelt meet Terry six years before?
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Earl have?
2. What does Marlowe compare felony cells to?
3. What does Marlowe say he is wetter than?
4. What is Sewell Endicott's job?
5. What does Eileen hand to Marlowe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marlowe learn about Terry and Sylvia in this section?
2. How does Marlowe think the case will pan out?
3. Describe the confrontation between Marlowe and Menendez in the third section.
4. What does Verringer tell Marlowe in this section?
5. How does Marlowe help Terry in the opening chapter?
6. Why does Terry think his wife is scared?
7. What does Grenz say has happened to Terry?
8. What does Morgan think about Terry's death?
9. What new information does Eileen give Marlowe in this section?
10. Why does Marlowe think that jail is not too bad?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)