|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe say he can have if he behaves?
(a) A lawyer
(b) A conversation
2. Why is Roger's wife scared of him?
(a) He took a shot at her
(b) He killed a man
(c) He threatened to kill his wife
(d) He pushed her down the stairs
3. What does Marlowe refuse to take from Eileen?
(a) A business card
(c) A tissue
(d) A pearl necklace
4. What does Terry say in reply to the girl?
(a) See you later
(b) Mostly heartbroken
(c) Mostly housebroken
(d) You are right
5. Who refuses to help Terry?
(a) The club manager
(c) The receptionist
(d) The parking attendant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Verringer run?
2. What does Verringer demand from Roger?
3. What does Endicott want to retrieve from Mexico?
4. Where is Terry flying to?
5. Where did Ashterfelt meet Terry six years before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lonnie say about the newspapers at the end of this section?
2. What does Grenz say has happened to Terry?
3. How does Marlowe help Terry in the opening chapter?
4. What does Terry say in his letter to Marlowe?
5. What does Morgan think about Terry's death?
6. Describe Marlowe's time at the police station.
7. Why does Eileen want to hire Marlowe?
8. How does Marlowe antagonize Mr. Grenz in the second section?
9. What does Verringer tell Marlowe in this section?
10. What questions does Marlowe ask Terry when they begin to see more of each other?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)