|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the expedition party encounter as they sail along the coast of Guardian Angel Island?
(a) Another boat that is returning to land.
(b) Schools of jellyfishes that cannot be easily netted or preserved.
(c) A school of small fish which they catch and cook for dinner.
(d) A group of sea turtles swimming against the tide.
2. What is Tony's requirement to the group?
(a) He requires that they say a seaman's prayer before taking the wheel.
(b) He requires that they wash heir hands prior to taking the wheel.
(c) He requires that no one will talk while at sea.
(d) He requires that the course be maintained as perfectly as possible.
3. Where does the expedition party go after Laredo?
(a) North to Coronado Island.
(b) North to Escondido Bay.
(c) North to Punta Fuego.
(d) North to La Luz.
4. What is Tex's outstanding characteristic?
(a) He loves to sleep in the daytime and do chores at night.
(b) He is afraid of the water.
(c) He cannot make a left turn.
(d) He loves diesel engines.
5. Where does the expedition party sail next on Easter Sunday?
(a) They leave La Paz and sail north to Tribecca.
(b) They finally sail to Cortez, Mexico.
(c) Out of the lagoon and to the next collecting stop south of Marcial Point.
(d) They return to Magdalene Bay because tex forgot the collections he had.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the captain of the ship for the expedition?
2. How does the expedition party feel about Puerto Refugio?
3. Who enjoys the favors of the locals the most in Puerto Refugio?
4. Why is the crew unable to collect many specimens on the day following Easter Sunday?
5. What observation do Steinbeck and Ricketts have regarding the marine life in Coronado Island and Monterey Bay?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)