|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important part of history is happening at the time of the expedition?
(a) The Formula One Grand Prix.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Summer Olympics.
2. What remark does Steinbeck makes about cannibalism?
(a) That if they stay at sea for another four weeks they might end up eating each other.
(b) That if other societal restrictions were removed, man might easily overcome any objection towards cannibalism.
(c) That cannibalism is overrated, and he has in fact once tried eating another human being.
(d) That in some cultures, cannibalism is accepted and therefore they should consider doing it as well.
3. How is the team's photography effort described in general?
(a) It is so poor that it is used as an example of what shouldn't be done with a camera.
(b) It is neither remarkably good or remarkably bad.
(c) It is so remarkable that it is cited as an example of what expeditions should follow during voyages.
(d) There is nothing mentioned about the team's photography efforts.
4. Which statement best describes Guaymas?
(a) It is a suburban city that hasn't heard the privilege of having telephone lines.
(b) It is a large city that is bustling wih news of the war, politics and others.
(c) It is a small city populated by mistly fishermen, rest are construction workers.
(d) It is an industrial complex where workers are formerly fishermen.
5. How many of these sea creatures that interest him does Tiny catch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author describe in the story, particularly at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Steinbeck compare navigation at sea to life?
3. Why does everyone decide to put Tex on a diet?
4. What is the greater purpose for which the author wants to use his observations of the activities of the biological creatures?
5. What does Sparky accidentally do on April 3?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)