|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the expedition party use instead of the tide chart to watch the rise and fall of the tides?
(a) Steinbeck's journal.
(b) Ricketts' compass.
(c) A marked stick.
(d) A sailor's watch.
2. What does the expedition party do in the morning of March 30?
(a) The party cleans all the kitchen dirt left the night before.
(b) The party begins preparing for their journey back home.
(c) The party refuels and buys supplies.
(d) The party begins collecting because the tide is out.
3. Who is the chef of the expedition?
(b) There is no chef mentioned in the story.
4. What does the expedition party catch in Concepcion Bay?
(b) Sea anemone.
5. Why is the crew unable to collect many specimens on the day following Easter Sunday?
(a) Because Steinbeck and Ricketts get into a fight, making it too awkward to do any collection.
(b) Because the tide does not go very low, making it difficult to collect species in general.
(c) Because the local police arrest Tex for not wearing a t-shirt all the time.
(d) Because the locals will not allow them to take anything from their ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of the discussion Steinbeck gives to the crowd waiting for them when they returned to their boat, anchored on the shores of La Paz?
2. Where is Puerto Refugio located?
3. What do members of the party feel when they are the one manning the wheel?
4. What does the expedition party encounter as they sail along the coast of Guardian Angel Island?
5. What does Tiny collect in La Paz?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)