|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important part of history is happening at the time of the expedition?
(a) The Summer Olympics.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Formula One Grand Prix.
(d) World War I.
2. What does Steinbeck think about the various descriptions they have read of Cabo San Lucas?
(a) Descriptions were exaggerating and that the place is overrated.
(b) Descriptions of Cabo San Lucas did not capture the abundance of marine life in the area.
(c) No two descriptions of Cabo San Lucas are alike.
(d) Descriptions were very creative, as there was really nothing much to say about Cabo San Lucas.
3. What does the expedition party do differently on the morning of March 28?
(a) They have a late morning, waking up at nine am.
(b) They have tea instead of coffee for breakfast.
(c) They have breakfast in bed.
(d) They have omelettes, which they haven't had in days.
4. Where does the expedition party sail next on Easter Sunday?
(a) They leave La Paz and sail north to Tribecca.
(b) They finally sail to Cortez, Mexico.
(c) They return to Magdalene Bay because tex forgot the collections he had.
(d) Out of the lagoon and to the next collecting stop south of Marcial Point.
5. Which statement best describes Concepcion Bay, the expedition's next destination?
(a) There is not marine life in the bay, and so the crew left hastily.
(b) Too many rocks can be found near the shore, which signals the unwillingness of the town to accept visitors.
(c) Schools of tuna amd swordfish can be found in the bay and leap all around them.
(d) There are so many jellyfish and sea anemone clearly seen from the deck of the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Raul?
2. How does the expedition party scare the shark that was circling their their boat?
3. Who is the most competent in commanding the wheel?
4. What is the best description for Angeles Bay?
5. Who is Tex?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)