|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the expedition party observe about the town of San Lucas?
(a) That the town drives on the left side of the road.
(b) That the town has several interesting landmarks.
(c) That the town has recently suffered a great flood and the town is in disrepair.
(d) That the town is very much alive and everyone is heading to the ocean.
2. What does the expedition party do on their first night at sea?
(a) They stay out to look at the stars while taking turns on the helm.
(b) They play cards while drinking beer.
(c) They sing love songs and read poems to the stars.
(d) They identify the different constellation and gave a price on who can name the most.
3. What does Tiny collect in La Paz?
(a) Unremarkable species that are representative of the more common species in the area.
(b) Rare, poisonous fish only seen in La Paz.
(c) Dirty dishes from the various eating places they have visited.
(d) Spices and herbs that are reputed to be aphrodisiac.
4. What is Tony's requirement to the group?
(a) He requires that they say a seaman's prayer before taking the wheel.
(b) He requires that no one will talk while at sea.
(c) He requires that they wash heir hands prior to taking the wheel.
(d) He requires that the course be maintained as perfectly as possible.
5. What difference does the section dated March 24 have from the rest of the book?
(a) It has multiple examples on how a specimen should be handled by scientists.
(b) It talks of a certain time outside its present day situation.
(c) The crew was not collecting samples, rather just enjoying the island.
(d) Most of it was written by Ricketts, rather than Steinbeck, years before the voyage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What actually happens to Tex's weight in the face of the crew's attempt to put him on a diet?
2. What are the two types of biologists, as discussed by John Steinbeck and Ed Ricketts?
3. What does the expedition party do after sorting the specimen they have collected?
4. What will be an accurate description of the expedition party's day on March 23?
5. Why does the author write the story?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)