|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Steinbeck and Ricketts do to Tiny's prey?
(a) They crack its shell and use it as soup bowls.
(b) They cut the legs and collect them in a jar filled with water.
(c) They dissect it to learn what they can.
(d) They cut the meat and make a stew out of it.
2. How long does Tex suffer through the diet exercise?
(a) Three days.
(b) The rest of the trip.
(c) Five days.
(d) A week.
3. What does the expedition party do differently on the morning of March 28?
(a) They have breakfast in bed.
(b) They have tea instead of coffee for breakfast.
(c) They have a late morning, waking up at nine am.
(d) They have omelettes, which they haven't had in days.
4. How does Tex see diesel engines?
(a) As abhorring inventions.
(b) As expensive vessels not fit for sea travel.
(c) As toys which can be experimentes on.
(d) As pure, logical, perfect mechanical entities.
5. What does the expedition party do on their first night at sea?
(a) They identify the different constellation and gave a price on who can name the most.
(b) They play cards while drinking beer.
(c) They stay out to look at the stars while taking turns on the helm.
(d) They sing love songs and read poems to the stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The Log from the Sea of Cortez?
2. What does the expedition party find when they finally landed on the shores of San Jose Island?
3. What does the expedition party find on their destination on March 23?
4. What does the expedition party have for dinner on the evening of Good Friday, March 22?
5. What is the Western Flyer?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)