|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Unnamed section, p. 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the greater purpose for which the author wants to use his observations of the activities of the biological creatures?
(a) To understand and improve the human species.
(b) To increase the public's awareness on marine life in Mexico.
(c) To improve the laws and regulations regarding sea expeditions.
(d) To improve the way people look at biological creatures.
2. Why does the author rant about the outboard motor?
(a) Because it has brought them much hardship during the expedition.
(b) Because its appearance is not attractive.
(c) Because it is very noisy.
(d) Because it has a foul odor.
3. What is Tony's requirement to the group?
(a) He requires that they wash heir hands prior to taking the wheel.
(b) He requires that the course be maintained as perfectly as possible.
(c) He requires that they say a seaman's prayer before taking the wheel.
(d) He requires that no one will talk while at sea.
4. Who is the chef of the expedition?
(c) There is no chef mentioned in the story.
5. Which piece of equipment receives positive feedback from the author?
(a) The diesel engine.
(b) None. Everything was trashed by the author.
(c) The diesel engine and the outboard motor.
(d) The outboard motor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are John Steinbeck's lamentations about?
2. What is taking place on the day before the expedition party leaves for its journey?
3. Steinbeck worries about the soldiers' reaction to what during their travel?
4. What is Tex's outstanding characteristic?
5. Who is Tex?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)