|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Unnamed section, p. 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the most competent in commanding the wheel?
2. What is the duration covered by the story?
(a) April 11 to May 20, 1940.
(b) April 20, 1940 to March 11, 1941.
(c) March 20 to April 11, 1940.
(d) March 11 to April 20, 1940.
3. What are John Steinbeck's lamentations about?
(a) The weather being unpredictable which makes a sea expedition particularly hard.
(b) The lack of information available to him necessary to plan an expedition to the sea.
(c) The soaring prices of gasoline and labor which he needs for his expedition.
(d) About how short a time he has to do all the things he wants to do.
4. What is Tony's requirement to the group?
(a) He requires that they say a seaman's prayer before taking the wheel.
(b) He requires that no one will talk while at sea.
(c) He requires that they wash heir hands prior to taking the wheel.
(d) He requires that the course be maintained as perfectly as possible.
5. How many crew members are signed on for the expedition?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are dry-balls?
2. How does Steinbeck compare navigation at sea to life?
3. Aside from their daily experiences during the expedition, what other topics are discussed by the author?
4. What is The Log from the Sea of Cortez?
5. What is taking place on the day before the expedition party leaves for its journey?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)